New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

On a happier note, I found a E1M1 arrangement for my Octavia. I'm happy now and will take her to missions forever (or at least until I tire of the song).

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    As in this case; go into your game settings and fiddle with the brightness/gamma until it's no longer an issue. Turning on the Colour Blind Friendly-Mode might not be a bad idea, too
    Turning off Bloom also helps to save your retinas.

Glyph code that I missed off the list earlier: TEAWREX.

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Speaking just for myself, keep'em coming!
    Seconding this, please keep them coming!
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-08-05 at 10:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Astral's Log (The continuing adventures of the most glorious space ninja):

1102 Accepted a mobile defense mission to spite Sargas Ruk (you know, that cyclops with an obsession with fire and a bad chin).

1103 Arrived at the base on Saturn to find a Frost, Rhino and Nidius had all accepted the same mission. Rather than squabble over who gets the reward, we decided to just team up to kick ugly butt. Wait a sec, all butts are ugly, we teamed up to kick particularly ugly butt. There, nice and non-ambiguous.

1109 Lotus, I knew there was a hidden Orokin artifact here when I saw the first terminal. All the Grineer bases with this layout have an Orokin artifact. How are you the best information broker I can get if it takes you two hacked terminals to realize that "Hey, you're in that one particular lab that the uglies only bother building if they have an Orokin artifact to study, there must be an artifact here." Of course I'm going to take that artifact home, you don't have to tell me to. I'm like a better looking Indiana Jones, I take all the ancient treasure and never teach college classes.

1121 Next one is a spy mission, eh? Loki time/Loki time/does whatever a Loki does. Does he kill/lots of ugly/no he doesn't/he's a loki.... Ba da duh duh duh Another vault opens up/ ba da duh duh duh Another vault opens up/Loki walks carefully down the creek/invisibility up he goes/Ain't no sound no sound at all/ Shotgun's primed lets go!

1132 Bah! The uglies have to have an elevator down to their data vault. It's only about 10 m vertical from the main hallway to the vault. Aren't these guys supposed to be Supah ultrah 3l1t3 SPACE MAR1n3s? Why do they need a freaking elevator?

1140 A thought occurs... The uglies have some weird little computer game as their security system? How the heck is that secure or a system?

1143 Ordis, I just realized as I finished that mission, I don't see any weapons on my hull. Your Cosmic background privileges are officially revoked until I get a BFG.

1145 Ordis says that the last mission of this series is a survival one. let's make it a dying one and dust off the old Nekros.

1149 Finished checking my equipment setup, lets go kill some uglies and stress test the immortality of my Djinn.

1201 well, that was a cakewalk, 6k Kuva to kill a few uglies with two Nidi and a mummy helping me out. Not bad few minutes work. Djinn's immortality does appear to be fully functional. Now I just need to train it to not lay around for a minute and a half before coming back to life. Seriously Djinn, I'm trying to kill stuff here, how am I supposed to do that if you're laying around not grabbing ammo?

Speaking just for myself, keep'em coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Seconding this, please keep them coming!
    Welp, that sounds like encouragement to me.
    Long-form Sig

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    On a happier note, I found a E1M1 arrangement for my Octavia. I'm happy now and will take her to missions forever (or at least until I tire of the song).
    E1M1 is just about the closest you can get to minmax Octavia and still have it be a song. Which is very nice.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say, today, I finally found a worthy successor to the OG Doom's SSG. Tigris Prime, you're one heck of a shotgun.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

So it turns out that, since reaching MR18 and putting off my mastery test to MR19, I saved up enough XP to get me to MR22 and a half without stopping.

Unfortunately, that means that almost all I have left to grind are the horrible Prime weapons that I never wanted in the first place - Akbronco, Aklex, etc - Archwing equipment and hideously expensive vaulted Prime Warframes. Might be time for a new account, methinks.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's pet contest time, Tenno.

My Corgi's already basically a potato, but the rules say the photograph has to "incorporate warframe" somehow. This is vague enough that I don't know if his baked potato cosplay would count. Might have to photoshop in him catching a weapon or tackling a grineer or something.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

8. - Top - End - #578

I have to say, today, I finally found a worthy successor to the OG Doom's SSG. Tigris Prime, you're one heck of a shotgun.
    Mod for radviral status with the 60/60 mods and watch Corrupted Bombards just melt.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    It's pet contest time, Tenno.

My Corgi's already basically a potato, but the rules say the photograph has to "incorporate warframe" somehow. This is vague enough that I don't know if his baked potato cosplay would count. Might have to photoshop in him catching a weapon or tackling a grineer or something.
    If your Corgi is already a baked potato, then I think you just have to attach him to your favorite Warframe. That's how they work, right?

10. - Top - End - #580

Griffon

My dog is a Newfoundland, so she basically *is* a full-size Kubrow. Maybe I can get her to hold a Kubrow-esque snout in front of her nose or something, or photoshop her to be sitting in my Incubator. That could work.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

If people really want a rear view of a panda, there's a new glyph code: UNREALYUKI.

Redeemable either in game or on the website as usual.

12. - Top - End - #582

If people really want a rear view of a panda, there's a new glyph code: UNREALYUKI.

Redeemable either in game or on the website as usual.
    Hey don't knock the Panda Bum. That's my favorite glyph, I've been running it for 2 months now.

13. - Top - End - #583

Today's patch dropped frame fighter

Spoiler: Spoiler mode spoilers
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584

i really hope that those frame fighter bits are (A) opt in to see them or (B) not the same blipping icon as the other two fragments on the map
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #585

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    i really hope that those frame fighter bits are (A) opt in to see them or (B) not the same blipping icon as the other two fragments on the map
    Haven't seen them yet, so I can't say.

EDIT: it does. If I had to take a guess, it also won't show up until you purchase the console.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-08-16 at 09:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586

NinjaGuy

The frame fighter thingies do indeed have a different icon, and now all 3 fragments can spawn on a map at once (which is an intended change).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #587

Griffon

The frame fighter thingies do indeed have a different icon, and now all 3 fragments can spawn on a map at once (which is an intended change).
    Thank goodness for that. I've had the starmap/codex fragments completed for months, but have barely completed three of the somachord ones.

Then again, most of my current Syndicates seem to always fight against Corpus so that might be why the Grinir-orientated ones are all missing. *shrug*

18. - Top - End - #588

So new frame is out and i wont be getting it for a very long time as its locked behind quill rep ~ i don't hunt stompies and i so very rarely get the little shards from the voms in enough quantities to progress much and rank 2 needs 22k rep. As an aside its now the leader in Worst Default helm
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So new frame is out and i wont be getting it for a very long time as its locked behind quill rep ~ i don't hunt stompies and i so very rarely get the little shards from the voms in enough quantities to progress much and rank 2 needs 22k rep. As an aside its now the leader in Worst Default helm
    Unless you can't run plains at all, the grind isn't that bad. It's only 310 Vomit boys, 155 if you have Ivara, as she can literally duplicate and rip out their souls. If you can find a group willing to drag you through a Teralyst or three, you can even skip that.

And it can't be worse for fashionframe than Mesa default.

20. - Top - End - #590

If im on the plains at night im Fishing and may get a couple on the way to or from where i like to fish but having to switch to the tween to actually get them is a drag and i tend to just ignore them in the end. Default Mesa is pretty good in comparison to this new one
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #591

NinjaGuy

I like Mesa default

If you can be bothered Leon (and I recognise this could be a big if) you could probably just keep doing pug Teralyst groups with a dps (Chroma/Rhino/Volt) or heal (Oberon/Trinity), let everyone else take down the shields and take out the joints without having to, uh, switch into tween. This does assume you can be bothered playing at night and making time for it.

Spoiler: Minor spoilers on 'quest' progression and contents
    Show

On that note, wasn't thrilled that you have to do the "main" parts of the quest at night, so if you were unlucky with timing it could be a while before you can get the main BP. Thankfully I was able to get it done fairly quickly in spite of having work yesterday and a D&D session this morning, and he's cooking at the moment. And you can farm the bounties for the components in the meantime.

As for the "quest" itself ... better than nothing I suppose, as opposed to Khora (I've read all the Ghoul fragments, and there was a lot of potential for a great quest ... and now she's available in Sanctuary ). Short and sweet would be my verdict. DE would be all hands on deck for Fortuna and Railjack.

In other news, finally got off my ass and took the MR25 test, so that's nice. Also finally started doing SO and already have the Chassis and Neuroptics from about 3 runs. Now just the systems and BP ... which both drop from Rot C with ~5% drop rate. Joy.

How's everyone else going?
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

When I heard it took raiding Eidolons I didn't even bother. They were the least favourite part of the game for a reason.

Maybe someday, when I'm MR 23/24/25 and have nothing else to do.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

Scored the systems and chassis BPs on my first bounties for each of them. Neuroptics took 3 or 4, so I spent a lot less time than average to get all the pieces. Revenant will be coming out of the oven Wednesday. I still need the Khora systems so I've been venturing into SO more often. For some reason I can't get Saryn's spores running the way other people do; every time I put spores on something everything in the area dies immediately. And I need to farm up all the Prime stuff that was in the most recent release. Plus Kronen and Nami Skyla, which from everything I've heard I expect to be pure mastery fodder.

In unrelated news, unless there's another Penguinator I just bumped into him in a random sortie mission.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

When I heard it took raiding Eidolons I didn't even bother. They were the least favourite part of the game for a reason.

Maybe someday, when I'm MR 23/24/25 and have nothing else to do.
    If you're just after Revenant, you could just farm up the plat and buy him off the market instead.

25. - Top - End - #595

Griffon

If you're just after Revenant, you could just farm up the plat and buy him off the market instead.
    Pretty much what I'm going to do, I think. If I can sell a Syndicate weapon for 30-40plat each then I'm only 2 trades away and the grind won't be anything like as tedious.

Speaking of which... Secura/Loka/Rakta coming up in the next day or so, anyone...?

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably not even. I'm more or less coasting now, since I got almost every frame and weapon I wanted. (That being almost every single shotgun in the game and Rhino P, and Octavia.) I'll get him eventually. Just not right now.

27. - Top - End - #597

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Scored the systems and chassis BPs on my first bounties for each of them. Neuroptics took 3 or 4, so I spent a lot less time than average to get all the pieces.
    Ditto. I managed to get the Neuroptics and Systems on the first run.

For some reason I can't get Saryn's spores running the way other people do; every time I put spores on something everything in the area dies immediately.
    It seems that prioritising range over strength helps, and regularly killing enemies yourself with Toxic Lash active (or popping spores some other way). This is the Saryn build I'm using, and it seemed to do pretty well (the grand total of one time that I used it).

28. - Top - End - #598

Griffon

Along a similar topic, I really don't 'get' Limbo. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but as far as I can tell powers 2 and 3 don't actually do anything, whether my targets are banished or not.

I tried every combination I can think of, but all I did was banish them with 1, dealing a bit of damage but otherwise making them invulnerable for 30 seconds - everything else just added particle effects and made me feel stupid.

[EDIT] I did, however, manage to scrape together enough plat for Revenant, though - turns out the trade in Ayatan sculptures is bigger than I ever expected, and even after a clear-out a couple of weeks ago I had about 40 of the things lying around gathering dust.

Haven't used him yet, but I think he looks great and the description of his powers makes him sound like a reasonable crow-controller, a style of which I am quite fond. I shall report back my findings when I've had a chance to give him a run.

29. - Top - End - #599

NinjaGuy

Very quick Limbo primer:
    The Rift: Limbo is based on manipulating the Rift plane, and moving himself and others in and out of it. By and large, things on different planes can't affect each other, so if you're on the material plane and an enemy is in the rift plane, you can't do jack to him and they can't do jack to you (which I suspect was happening to you). The exception to this is (the majority of) Warframe powers; they can affect things on either plane, from either plane. Whenever enemies go into and out of the rift they get stunned for a bit and take a little bit of damage.

Passive: Instead of rolling, doing a roll will push Limbo into and out of the rift at will. He also gets energy for every enemy killed in the rift.

1 - Banish: this moves the target to the opposite plane of whatever plane Limbo is in at the moment for a set amount of time; so if he's in the material plane, he'll banish enemies to the rift and vice versa. When you banish an enemy, they'll take a little bit of damage.

2 - Stasis: any enemies in the rift will be frozen until the ability ends or they exit the rift. An incredibly powerful CC ability because the enemies are pretty much screwed.

3 - Rift surge: probably the most complicated ability of them all. When you initially cast it, any enemies in the rift will get lines of energy around them. This doesn't do anything initially, but when said enemies come out of the rift, either from being banished out by Limbo or from their existing banish ending, they will immediately be banished back into the rift and they will banish enemies around them. The point of this ability is to give Limbo a way of getting more enemies in the rift without having to get out of it. So the game play goes: banish an enemy into the rift -> get into rift -> rift surge -> banish an enemy out of the rift -> get him and any of his nearby friends back into the rift -> rinse and repeat.

4 - Cataclysm: an area of space will be forced into the rift for some time. Anything in it is considered to be inside the rift, ally and enemy alike. Combined with stasis, this is an incredibly powerful ability that can utterly lock down an area for however long you want (as long as there aren't any Nullifiers or Scrambus/Combas around. **** those guys.). Note that bullets from either side of the cataclysm won't affect anything on the other side (so it's like a two-way Frost bubble).

I primarily use Limbo when I want to lock down an area and keep it locked down, so things like mobile defence, interception, excavation, defence. He absolutely dominates those missions ... so long as you don't run into any Nullifiers or the like. You can also use him for Spy missions, because his cataclysm instantly destroys cameras and his stasis freezes enemies so they can't raise the alarm.

I hope that clears things up a bit; he's one of the more complex frames, but get used to him and he can be godlike. I really like him for the missions I use him on.

30. - Top - End - #600

Griffon

I hope that clears things up a bit; he's one of the more complex frames, but get used to him and he can be godlike. I really like him for the missions I use him on.
    It really does, thank you. I didn't know about the dodge-rifts until now, possibly that had an effect on my enjoyment.

That being said.... Though I figured out Cataclysm easily enough, it honestly sounds more efficient to just shoot everything, or to use a 'frame like Frost or Hydroid and just kill them outright with the same button.

I can do subtle, but spending energy to 'hide' enemies when I could spend the same energy to just remove them entirely... Not my preferred play-style