New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Argh turns out to get a Arcwing launcher you need to be in a clan and have a dojo. How is that fair especially when it's pretty much a requirement to run plains and orb missions with a group.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

There's always been piles of stuff gated behind dojo research, most of it is weapons.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Suppose, this just seems to be a particularly irritating choice. Suppose i need to find a clan.

In other news finished all the quests apart from the New loka one, and I really like the war within. It's not quite as good as the second dream and the massive lore changes that brought in but, the final scene on the mountain top was absolutely beautiful.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

If you just want a quick solution then you're welcome to join my clan, Union J. There's absolutely no requirements or obligations and there's only me in it, so you can come and go as you please.

Although I might be changing the name soon, just as soon as I come up with something a bit more impressive. Suggestions welcome.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Suppose, this just seems to be a particularly irritating choice. Suppose i need to find a clan.
    Not really, Clans really don't mean anything nowadays. Back when they were fighting over Rails, sure, but now that that's no longer a thing, the only question is what gear they've unlocked.

The rest is, well, cosmetic for the Clan Dojo.

In other news finished all the quests apart from the New loka one, and I really like the war within. It's not quite as good as the second dream and the massive lore changes that brought in but, the final scene on the mountain top was absolutely beautiful.
    Have you gotten the Glast Gambit yet? Also, getting Harrow after the Chains of Harrow is ... uhm ... fun?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Clans are gonna be more important once the railjack stuff lands and you need a drydock to futz with your big boy ship.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Have you heard of Captura? The mountain top is a free unlock on completion of TWW, so you can just chill out and take (lots of) screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Although I might be changing the name soon, just as soon as I come up with something a bit more impressive. Suggestions welcome.
    Wraith's Awesome New Kings?

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Not really, Clans really don't mean anything nowadays. Back when they were fighting over Rails, sure, but now that that's no longer a thing, the only question is what gear they've unlocked.

The rest is, well, cosmetic for the Clan Dojo.

Have you gotten the Glast Gambit yet? Also, getting Harrow after the Chains of Harrow is ... uhm ... fun?
    They do when you want stuff that's gated behind being in a clan

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

For those of you fond of floofs and floof accessories, Baro's offerings this visit include a desert skate floof.
    Swoop Falcon

10. - Top - End - #1180

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Wraith's Awesome New Kings?
    I try not to mix up my hobbies, but thanks anyway.

11. - Top - End - #1181

You can make your own clan just to (slowly) get the research.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

They do when you want stuff that's gated behind being in a clan
    It's almost as if I mentioned that.

But it really doesn't matter, cause most high-tier clans (like the one I'm in) have every item unlocked. Only need the creds for the blueprints and the materials for building.

Clans cost you nothing to join, impact gameplay minimally (being more a resource sink for decorations once everything's researched), and are generally just window dressing in the game.

Even the future railjack stuff is just ... an extension of that. Sink mats into building and researching. No Clan PvP with it, etc.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Even the future railjack stuff is just ... an extension of that. Sink mats into building and researching. No Clan PvP with it, etc.
    Depends on whether they want to expand the 'kingpin' system. Originally it was supposed to be a clan initiated activity, but sections of it have been separated and re-purposed (i.e. the Shadows of Mordor inspired Kuva Ghouls) - if they returned back to the original vision, there could be more Clan inspired stuff (for example members of the Kingpin organisation start invading your missions like the Syndicate death squads or the Assassins), like missions that only Clan members could take on.
    The infrastructure is there for a lot of clan related activity (you can see active clan member missions in the Dojo menu in Navigation, they've added an arsenal to the Navigation room in the Dojo itself), it just needs to be a bit more prominent or easily accessible.

The implementation of Clan vs Clan PVP is problematic due to a large portion of the playerbase being hyper-adverse to it. You can't have territory capturing involved (large alliances locking down the rails was part of the problem that caused the removal of that Clan pvp activity), plus latency issues (the person with the faster connection will always have an advantage) and the current networking setup (players can host their own pvp servers) will bias it towards the hardcore competitive players who are willing to manipulate it to get any advantage they can.

If DE were hosting the pvp servers themselves would potentially eliminate most of the non-skill based bias, but the cost/time/effort to gain ratio would likely be prohibitive.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So I've been hanging around in the trade chat trying to sell my stuff (havn't sold much yet but did manage to complete afew sets so that's something) and I cant help but notice the price some of these Riven mods go for, but I don't understand the terminology behind them. Unrolled, Rolled (at what point is it high and low roll), godly etc. I've got two so far, one which I'm probably going to have a go with and another I'm thinking about selling which is a plague keewar croni-deciada riven. I've only unveiled it but havn't rolled it at all so how do I tell if it's worth anything? I checked online but this one isn't on it and prices go from 100 to 300 plat for this weapon apparently.

Other than that just running Nidus and trying to kill Eidolons with my rubbish amp.

15. - Top - End - #1185

Griffon

According to the Riven Mod lexicon, Croni- is +Attack Speed, -deci is +Status Duration whereas -ada is Damage vs. Infested. Am I close?

Generally speaking, you kind of just need to guess what the price ought to be based on what it does.
    What people tend to want to buy on a melee Riven Mod are +Base Damage, +Crit Chance, +Crit Damage and +Combo Duration - unfortunately your mod doesn't have any of those, so you're likely looking at the lower end of the price list.

Most Rivens are trash. The good ones are REALLY good. Most people won't bother paying for anything that isn't at least "pretty good" given the sort of prices involved, so don't be afraid to cut your losses, sell it for a pittance and invest your time in getting another Riven unveiled.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It's + Status, + Attack Speed, + dmg to infested and -slash.

My other mod is Argonak Toxi-satinok, which is + punch through, + multishot, + toxin, - zoom. Which I like the look of.

Edit: Also how much are Ayatan treasures worth and is it worth to sell Filled or is it better to leave them unfilled I seem to be seeing all sorts of prices for them.

My current plan is to make enough Plat to buy a Hydroid prime, use that as my main while getting my mastery up since Hydroid is my main at the moment. I'm also thinking of getting a Infested Kurbow then a Kavat which I hear are better, (Although I haven't had much look getting genetic material from Kavats from scanning.)

One last thing I've got a Sybaris from when I used to play and I like how it plays but the damage just isn't enough, can it be made into a good weapon or is it better to focus on other stuff? My current best set up is a Lanka with Corrosive damage and an Atomos with Blast which works pretty well even upto the level 100 sorties. (Well the Atomos drops off at that point but it can still knock people over which is usually good enough.)
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2019-08-20 at 04:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Griffon

That Riven is pretty good. +Punch and +Multishot are hugely important, and +Tox stacks with corrosive damage which is also pretty popular. Nice

Edit: Also how much are Ayatan treasures worth and is it worth to sell Filled or is it better to leave them unfilled I seem to be seeing all sorts of prices for them.
    It's not terribly hard to find yourself drowning in Ayatan stars - I've got about 100 of each colour, even after I'd dissolved about the same number for endo. For the sake of even one or two more plat per piece, you might as well socket them; In my experience, even though stars are easy to find, lots of potential buyers will try to haggle for a sharp discount if you don't have them.

Although, make sure you save a few until you're sure that you're going to sell them - socketing Statues is one of the Nightwave tasks, and they can be tricky to get ahold of at short notice unless you're willing to grind hard.

One last thing I've got a Sybaris from when I used to play and I like how it plays but the damage just isn't enough, can it be made into a good weapon or is it better to focus on other stuff?
    The Sybaris is good if you mod if for +Punch and +Crit Damage and get good at making head-shots. It's decent but needs a bit of skill, whereas there are some weapons which are just good whatever happens. The Soma, Hek and Tigris will carry you through huge chunks of the game, especially if you get the Syndicate/Prime versions early on, and while it seems to have fallen out of fashion somewhat I still stand by the Synoid Simulor as an excellent go-to.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-08-20 at 04:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Unrolled, Rolled (at what point is it high and low roll), godly etc.
    Rivens when unveiled (you complete the challenge to unlock them) have randomised stats.

You can re-roll (cycle or re-randomise) these stats by expending kuva. There is an incremental cost for re-rolling a riven from 900 Kuva for the first roll, to a cap of 3,500 at 10 and more re-rolls.

This means that unrolled rivens for a weapon are normally worth a little more than rolled rivens as the buyer can re-roll them for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It's not terribly hard to find yourself drowning in Ayatan stars - I've got about 100 of each colour, even after I'd dissolved about the same number for endo. For the sake of even one or two more plat per piece, you might as well socket them; In my experience, even though stars are easy to find, lots of potential buyers will try to haggle for a sharp discount if you don't have them.

Although, make sure you save a few until you're sure that you're going to sell them - socketing Statues is one of the Nightwave tasks, and they can be tricky to get ahold of at short notice unless you're willing to grind hard.
    Further to the above, I tend to use Warframe.market for pricing guidelines.

Anasa Ayatans tend to sell for the most, between 15 - 20 plat when fully socketed on PC. If there's a 'socket a statue' Nighwave task on, you can get up to 20 plat for an unsocketed Anasa, so keep an eye on this week's tasks.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-08-21 at 04:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

Guessing at fitting riven prices is a huge pain, but the official Riven price tracker makes it a hell of a lot easier.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Pixie in the Playground

there's 2 ways to effectively kill a Juggernaut:
    - Wait for it to raise it's front legs to perform a Ground attack, it will expose the glowing Crit spot on it's belly. one good shot from a Tigris or other powerful weapon will seriously hurt it.
    - There is another Crit Spot on the top of it's back, inside the mouth. if you can get high enough, you can more effectively shoot it from above, ideally with a good long range weapon like a Dread. i prefer this Tactic on the Juggernaut Behemoths since this Crit spot becomes huge and their ground attacks are devastatingly wide.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well that's all the quests complete my Hydroid Prime ready for a spin tomorrow and 2 more warframes ready to be started tomorrow (Nidus and Revenant).

Todays sortie was pretty difficult the 2nd stage interception took 3 goes to complete, I don't understand how people can spec their warframes to take more than afew shots in Sorties, I kept almost getting killed from glancing shots. The third mission was easy though as it suited my playstyle. (With a limbo I suppose I could avoid dying quite easily but I havn't been able to figure out how to use limbo to it's fullest so far.)

Think I'll be doing Derelict runs tomorrow try and get some of the special mods from there.

And Finally I also really don't get eidolon runs, I don't get how to be useful without already completing aload of runs to get a decent amp. Which is stopping me from getting the 7000 nightwave points for killing the hydrolyst. (I can kill it's parts ok by specing my Lanka for radation damage but it's void shield is a pain.)

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Todays sortie was pretty difficult the 2nd stage interception took 3 goes to complete, I don't understand how people can spec their warframes to take more than afew shots in Sorties, I kept almost getting killed from glancing shots.
    Use a tanky 'frame, mod accordingly or never stop moving.

Interception can be done easily with Nova and she only needs 2 mods to become nigh invulnerable - Vitality or Quick Thinking and Molecular Fission. Since you've built for maximum duration, use her 1 to get 90% Damage Reduction, use her 4 and kill stuff.

Which frame are you have problems making tanky?

And Finally I also really don't get eidolon runs, I don't get how to be useful without already completing aload of runs to get a decent amp. Which is stopping me from getting the 7000 nightwave points for killing the hydrolyst. (I can kill it's parts ok by specing my Lanka for radation damage but it's void shield is a pain.)
    Because you're not supposed to jump straight into a Tridolon run (Terry, Garry and Harry) without getting at least a semi decent amp through just Terry runs. If you want to do things this way, then you'll need help from other people with decent amps - the old meta is a x23, which is any prism, a Shraksun Scaffold and a Lohrin Brace. Get in close, use the alt fire and voila - you can now take down an eidolon shield.

At a pinch, you can use just the Scaffold, but even a 111 amp is better than the Mote amp.

It's only when you're looking at more intensive runs (anything more than 2 tridolons a night) that you need to really up your gear.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, the big issue is that the mote amp is junk. Getting the first buildable one requires a few (in-game) nights worth of farming vomvalysts, or asking a friend/clanmate to carry you through a teralyst hunt or two. With that, you should be able to build a basic amp out of the first rank materials. That'll let you pull your weight in Teralyst hunts while you build the reputation needed to get second and third tier amp parts.

The ultimate "meta" amp is (Whatever prism you want. The second Cetus one is good for PUGGing eidilon hunts where you may not have a perfect compositon, and the arca plasmor projectile is useful for clearing vomvalysts)-2nd Cetus scaffold (with the right combination of buffs, it's the best anti-eidilon shot)-Final Fortuna Brace (Maximum crit chance=Maximum damage).
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Use a tanky 'frame, mod accordingly or never stop moving.

Interception can be done easily with Nova and she only needs 2 mods to become nigh invulnerable - Vitality or Quick Thinking and Molecular Fission. Since you've built for maximum duration, use her 1 to get 90% Damage Reduction, use her 4 and kill stuff.

Which frame are you have problems making tanky?
    I think I've done about 15 basic teralyst hunts, but I just find them tedious more than anything.

Well my main is Hydroid but I don't think I've ever really had a truly tanky frame out of the however many I've played with. I usually do like you say and keep moving since I can one shot most stuff it lets me contribute even without being able to take a hit and Hydroids 4 lets me lock down an area, but I singled out todays sortie for difficulty because interception makes it difficult to keep moving while also holding the points you need and obviously the team is spread thin. I did manage to do quite alot of reviving using the operator form though and did hold my point throughout the match that we eventually won.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I think I've done about 15 basic teralyst hunts, but I just find them tedious more than anything.

Well my main is Hydroid but I don't think I've ever really had a truly tanky frame out of the however many I've played with. I usually do like you say and keep moving since I can one shot most stuff it lets me contribute even without being able to take a hit and Hydroids 4 lets me lock down an area, but I singled out todays sortie for difficulty because interception makes it difficult to keep moving while also holding the points you need and obviously the team is spread thin. I did manage to do quite alot of reviving using the operator form though and did hold my point throughout the match that we eventually won.
    Couple of thoughts on improving survivablity.

-Get Vitality to rank 10 if you haven't already. You might also consider steel fiber, since Hydroid's armor value is decent (especially Hydroid Prime)
    -Quick Thinking is relatively inexpensive (10-15 plantinum, which isn't that much prime junk farming to get), and when combined with Flow (primed or unprimed), creates a nice buffer, especially on frames with high energy. If you farmed Hydroid prime, this is particularly useful due to that nice 150 base energy
    -If you want a tankier frame, Wukong, Valkyr, Inaros, and Chroma are some of the best choices, but Mesa, Nova, Nekros, Nidus, Zephyr, and plenty of other frames have access to ablities that massively improve their survivablity. Or you could just go with Rhino, but sorties test the limit of what iron skin can do.
    Last edited by Squark; 2019-08-25 at 05:11 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Squark already listed most of the frames that can get 90% or higher damage resistance, but I want to mention Nezha and Gara. Both available early on, both extremely effective along with not dying.
    Last edited by NeoVid; 2019-08-25 at 06:28 PM.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Couple of thoughts on improving survivablity.

-Get Vitality to rank 10 if you haven't already. You might also consider steel fiber, since Hydroid's armor value is decent (especially Hydroid Prime)
    -Quick Thinking is relatively inexpensive (10-15 plantinum, which isn't that much prime junk farming to get), and when combined with Flow (primed or unprimed), creates a nice buffer, especially on frames with high energy. If you farmed Hydroid prime, this is particularly useful due to that nice 150 base energy
    -If you want a tankier frame, Wukong, Valkyr, Inaros, and Chroma are some of the best choices, but Mesa, Nova, Nekros, Nidus, Zephyr, and plenty of other frames have access to ablities that massively improve their survivablity. Or you could just go with Rhino, but sorties test the limit of what iron skin can do.
    Now, I may be a few patches behind on balance, but I wouldn't waste a slot on Steel Fibre outside of Valkyr, Inaros and Rhino. Sortie level enemies put out a massive amount of damage and armour simply do not scale well enough to compensate. (Which is why practical invulnerability is almost always prized.) Also fun fact, Rhino's base armour value isn't actually all that great, but his Iron Skin scales with armour and so taking it becomes a no-brainer anyway.

As for Rhino in particular, it helps to think of Iron Skin as just another layer of defense. It does not make you a Valkyr who can stand in fire and be absolutely fine (and shredding faces). But by far, it's not the only trick he has up his sleeve. What it does, however, is give you a few more seconds of uptime where you can use it to do what you need to do. (Status immunity is also great btw). Your 4 is very good at controlling crowds as well, and speccing for max duration gives you ample time to mow down a few enemies, take a breather, do whatever. The only issue Rhino has is that he has no innate energy generation skills so you need Rage, that energy aura or Trinity to boost you along.
    Last edited by Grif; 2019-08-25 at 10:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The only issue Rhino has is that he has no innate energy generation skills so you need Rage, that energy aura or Trinity to boost you along.
    Another pair of Iron Skin problems is that Rage/Hunter's Adrenaline only trigger on damage, so you can't gain energy via that method while Iron Skin is up, plus you need an Augment to refresh it between engagements. It's why some people regard Nezha as a better Rhino post re-work, despite only having a 90% DR on his protection rather than 100% like Rhino.

Zenurik's Energising Dash and energy pizzas are two other energy options, although one locks you into an operator tree, while the other costs resources.

Edit: There's a free Transmission palette if you watch any Warframe partner stream for half an hour until the 6th Sep: Twitter link.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-08-30 at 02:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So reached level 30 in the nightwave. The derelict missions that have come with episode 4 seem abit underwhelming, hopefully they do lead somewhere.

In other news I've mastered Nidus and Revenent, Rev might actually make it's way as my main tank from what I've seen. On it's first mission out of the box I took it for a lvl 40 Axi void mission and it had no problems and hasn't had any since which is pretty impressive. Nidus has some cool ideas but doesn't really fit my style so I'll just keep it around for the occasional spin (I also mastered Loki so now I finally have a stealth frame). Today I also decided to get afew new warframes so I'm currently building Mesa Prime, Saryn, Titania, Trinity and Vauben. Hopefully at least one of which will find it's way into my regular loadouts.

Funnily I actually acquired all Mesas parts completely by accident and only realised today I'd finished the set.

I also completed afew sets but the trade chat is just filled with Rivens which is making it hard to sell them but it's not much of a problem.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

I should really start selling all the useless Rivens and extra Prime things I have in stock. Probably just go ahead and buy the handful of pieces I need to complete my collection.

Mesa and Saryn are really good damage frames. Trinity is good support. Titania is a lot of fun with Razorwing Blitz. You'll probably be underwhelmed with Vauban.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.