New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Live in fear, die often (IC)

Jon beholds the hole is dug up. "I ain't in charge."

He rolls the dead cat person into the hole. "So, huh, what we gonna do? Are we, like, going up to th'spooky house, or what?"

Jon start putting dirt back into the hole.
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thalmilla's ears perk up, her curiosity piqued. "Oh, what sort of spooky house? That sounds interesting!" She un-slings the crossbow from her shoulder, giving it, along with the quiver of bolts at her hip, a quick inspection. "But also dangerous," she adds, nodding in satisfaction at her check.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Jon stops his shoveling, once again, this time with minor annoyance.

"That house," he says, pointing up the trail to the rundown manor sitting there in plain and obvious sight.

He resumes his shoveling.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, yeah, I know some players weren't around at that time. It came up earlier here.

I think it's time to move the plot forward, isn't it?
    'Jernau Gurgeh', the machine said, making a sighing noise, 'a guilty system recognises no innocents. … The very way you think places you amongst its enemies. … Prevarication will be more difficult than you might imagine; neutrality is probably impossible. You cannot choose not to have the politics you do; they are not some separate set of entities somehow detachable from the rest of your being; they are a function of your existence. I know that and they know that; you had better accept it.'

4. - Top - End - #64

RedWizardGuy

Selcar
    Level 1 Wild Mage Sorcerer | HP: 8/8 | AC: 13 | PP: 13 | Spell Slots - 1st: 2/2

Selcar walks over to Jon who is digging and produces an spectral hand. With magic he assists in moving to dirt into the hole. Finally getting the cat buried. Looking up at Jon Selcar finally speaks, "Listen I know your friend or whoever this was unfortunately met their end. And I'm sorry for your loss, but we are all in this together. Me and the others just arrived so have some patience with us as we get our bearing." He then looks over at the Manor, "So that's the place then? Well now that this one is buried I think we are all ready to move out. Would you like to lead the way sir?"

Show
    @WalkingTheShade, I think most of us newcomers read back as to what has happened over the past 2 pages. That being said our characters don't know so we were just role playing them gaining that knowledge. Sorry to slow things down.

Last edited by Relkin; 2018-02-16 at 12:25 PM.
    Games I DM
    War of the Heavens: IC OOC - Map

Games I Play In
    The Godkiller's Will: IC OOC DOC - Raistlin - Master of Lore

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Relkin View Post
    Selcar walks over to Jon who is digging and produces an spectral hand. With magic he assists in moving to dirt into the hole.
    Jon startles as the spectral hand appears. At first, he attacks it with his shovel. Then he's easily made to understand the hand is there to help.

"Listen I know your friend or whoever this was unfortunately met their end. And I'm sorry for your loss, but we are all in this together. Me and the others just arrived so have some patience with us as we get our bearing."
    Jon nods at Selcar: "Huh, it's a'ight. I mean, I'm sad for catguy, I mean, catgirl but she ain't really my friend an' all."

"So that's the place then? Well now that this one is buried I think we are all ready to move out. Would you like to lead the way sir?"
    "A'ight... Wait! No? What? Oh nonononono, I can't lead th'way, I don't know how to do that!"

Jon turns to Jaeger: "You can do that, right? Please say y'can do that!"

Show
    @WalkingTheShade, I think most of us newcomers read back as to what has happened over the past 2 pages. That being said our characters don't know so we were just role playing them gaining that knowledge. Sorry to slow things down.
    Oh, I have really no problem with roleplay. All my posts after the combat contributed exactly nothing to the pace of the story.

It's mostly out of empathy with our poor DM who must be contemplating self-termination for lack of player initiative :D

6. - Top - End - #66

Thalmilla taps her chin idly, momentarily lost in thought. She nods to herself determinedly. "Well, I'd like to find out what's inside the manor, anyhow. You're perfectly welcome to follow!" Thalmilla loads a bolt into her crossbow, makes a last check of the vials on her belt, then sets off in the direction of the manor. When she gets a little closer, she shifts into a crouch in the grass and attempts to get nearer the house while staying out of sight of the windows.

Show

Milly will try to get closer to the manor, as stealthily as possible. She'll wait a bit to see if anyone else follows. She's not that suicidal.

Stealth - (1d20+3)[7] Disadvantage due to wearing scale-mail.
    Stealth - (1d20+3)[8]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"A'ight, Camilla, I'm with you."

Jon follows Thamilla from a distance.

Show
    Jon stays 60ft behind Camilla.

Stealth - (1d20-1)[7].

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Jaeger opens one eye and regards Jon, before sighing and picking himself off the ground.

"Ready? Great, let's go then."

Jaeger follows Thalmilla and Jon to the manor, taking care to stay out of sight of the windows.

Spoiler: Hide, hide, hide from the nasty monsters~
    Show

(1d20+5)[15] Stealth check

9. - Top - End - #69

RedWizardGuy

Selcar
    Level 1 Wild Mage Sorcerer | HP: 8/8 | AC: 13 | PP: 13 | Spell Slots - 1st: 2/2

Selcar watches as the others begin their descent on the manor. He lets them get closer before following. Selcar is generally fairly weak and knows his limitations. He's a nice guy and all but he wont be leading the charge. If nothing goes boom he stealthy follows up behind, keeping a good 20-30 ft distance from the leads.

Spoiler: Stealth check
    Show
    (1d20+2)[22]
    Well then, that's an excellent first roll

Last edited by Relkin; 2018-02-19 at 09:13 AM.
    Games I DM
    War of the Heavens: IC OOC - Map

Games I Play In
    The Godkiller's Will: IC OOC DOC - Raistlin - Master of Lore

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohander
    1st level Rogue

Falling in line with the others, Mohander adopts a practiced stance and keeps to the shadows as they approach the large structure.

Show
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[15]