New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Teens in Space RPG -- Looking for Contact / Errata / FAQ

(Not Teenagers from Outer Space.)

Was given a copy of Teens in Space (from the same team that did Kids on Bikes), and I can't seem to find much if any discussion, or a good way to contact the company with questions. I have several things I've noticed so far that I need to clear up.

For reference, here are some:

• There is at least one reference to "Epoch creation", but apparently no such section or discussion elsewhere in the book.
    • There are multiple references to the "Ace Pilot" character improvement that gives +3 to piloting rolls, and no such improvements in the actual list of character improvements. There is a Hot Shot Pilot" that gives +2.
    • A couple of places where the text appears to cut off mid-sentence.
    • The six core character attributes as set up as different assigned dice -- 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d12, and 1d20. This is pretty steep for scaling between best and worst attribute. Character improvement can give a cheap +1 to rolls with one of those attributes, to an expensive +4 to rolls with one of them... the scale seems completely off.

Has anyone found a good way to communicate with the writers?
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Teens in Space RPG -- Looking for Contact / Errata / FAQ

No, but here are some suggestions that may or may not work (I have not tried even one of these methods - if you have, feel free to ignore this entire post):

Try filling out the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of their webpage: https://www.huntersentertainment.com/
    Try contacting them on Twitter.
    Try to track down Chris De La Rosa's twitter account, if he has one. (I mean, he has to have one; everyone has one, right?. Just need to track it down.)

I don't see Teens in Space on their website, though.

Best of luck!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    No, but here are some suggestions that may or may not work (I have not tried even one of these methods - if you have, feel free to ignore this entire post):

Try filling out the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of their webpage: https://www.huntersentertainment.com/
    Try contacting them on Twitter.
    Try to track down Chris De La Rosa's twitter account, if he has one. (I mean, he has to have one; everyone has one, right?. Just need to track it down.)

I don't see Teens in Space on their website, though.

Best of luck!
    Thanks.

(I don't have twitter, or facebook, or instagram, or...)

According to the back of the book, it's a collaboration by multiple companies, Hunters and Renegade for starters.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Hunter's Entertainment has a Discord too. But Ivan Van Norman, their marketing guy, definitely answers that Contact Us form at the bottom of their home page. I know from experience. :)
    Good luck!! Sounds like fun.
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums