New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Death of Golarion - Chapter 1: Pestilence

"I would peg the nobles as the likeliest target. The citadel is self-contained and from what I've seen of War, his music can send people at one another's throats, yes, but not out to spread mayhem across the city. A feud between nobles would cause the largest destabilization in and on itself. I think." Laura muses. She really wasn't looking forward to the next meeting. So far her record of resisting that foul song left a lot to be desired.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't suppose we have a way of quieting him?" Ahkox looks about. "Some magic or somesuch to keep people from hearing his music? We'd still have his skill at arms to reckon with but doing so without his song would be extremely useful."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Colossus in the Playground

Alicia considers that. "Maybe someone at the Opera House can give us advice? Music is their life, after all."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Korbach snaps his fingers when Alicia suggests the opera house. "Why didn't I think of that? Certainly there is a spell available that would silence War and give us a huge tactical advantage."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"That seems like a good idea" Laura says. "Could that actually prevent War from causing havoc, or is that too much to hope?" she asks. Regardless, the Opera House seemed to be the place to go.

6. - Top - End - #966

The group heads to the Opera House, where they are stopped by a pair of hellknights.

"Halt! We have orders from Commander Minamoto. Those who are not native to this city will submit a form of identification as we search the city for a dangerous fugitive."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

"Identification? I don't remember anyone at the docks saying anything about that." Ahkox squints at the speaker. "You got a description for your little fugitive at least?"

8. - Top - End - #968

"Certainly. He's tall. He has a pair of swords strapped to his back. He answers to 'War'."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Laura presents herself as a knight from Mendev. "I'm fairly sure that's not me then" she says. "Or anyone among us, for that matter." she continues. Then looks around. "Keep up the good work." she says, moving on towards the Opera House, before stopping and letting someone that knows where to go take the lead.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Korbach steps between Laura and the Hellknight. Leveling a glare, the wizard snorts derisively, "And do you not recognize those in the company of a native Wescrani? Perhaps you should spend more time in the slums, keeping the peace amongst the down-trodden, instead of impeding affairs you know nothing about."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

Show

11. - Top - End - #971

The hellknights look at one another with confusion, before nodding and stepping back. They allow the group to proceed unhindered.

The Opera House is full of rich people, mostly human with a few elves and dwarves sprinkled about. It seems like a show is about to start soon. The group sees a ticket stand, a backstage entrance, and the entrance to the theater for patrons.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"So... Which way should we try" Laura asks. She is a stranger to both the city and the culture. "Do you think they'll let us in?"

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Ahkox shrugs. "I'm out of my element here. I'm a soldier, not a royal... Though I imagine tickets might make moving about easier I don't know what our money situation looks like at the moment."

14. - Top - End - #974

Camille frowns. "The knights seem to be able to tell that most of us aren't Wiscrani just by looking at us...do you think the theater will be dark enough that we won't draw attention to ourselves?"

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are we seeking to hide? I thought we were here to find a counter to War's songs. Foreigners visiting Westcrown with locals to show them around should be able to mingle among the performers and ask questions." Korbach turns towards the backstage entrance and strides purposefully to the door.

Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Laura follows, hoping that Korbach is right.

17. - Top - End - #977

The playhouse is loud and there are several important-looking people clamoring around to find seats.

As the group feared, there are many powerful armed bodyguards standing at the end of each aisle. A song in this room would turn into a total massacre.

A quick glance around reveals a seating area, a balcony, the stage itself, the orchestra pit, and the backstage area. Each place has too many people sitting and standing for the group to spot War from a distance, but they might want to look a bit closer.