New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Dark Underrising in Lovric

Sounds like a feasible task, right? It couldn't be so hard to find one of these goblinoids and make him talk...
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-03-22 at 12:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Forgemaster Bearcutter nods "In a weeks time, we are expecting a envoy from the church of Pholtus. I expect any finding from your search for evidence to be ready to be presented by then." He puts his hand on Aticoll's shoulder and says one last thing before dismissing you with his hand. [Dwarven] I wish you luck, lad. Be careful and keep your friends safe. Maybe if you come back with the answers we need. You can be allowed to work the forges."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

“Which direction do you suspect they’re in?” Arelyn asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So we should hurry, ya? Gimme a moment!
    Aticoll walked over to the next table with some ink and paper on it, grabbed a sheet and started writing.

Then he put it in an envelope and handed it over to Bearcutter [Dwarven] would you send this to Mom and Pop, please?

Spoiler: Letter
    Show
    “Dear Mom and Pop!
    After some years I'm home again but I have to leave again. No time to visit you. Bearcutter said if I finish this job, I'm allowed to work at the forges!
    See you next time when I'm around.
    Berronars blessing,

Aticoll

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Bearcutter nods to Aticoll as he takes the letter. "The rumors are that the are old ruins to the east 3 days travel and that is where the rituals are taking place."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Okay, why don’t we rest up tonight and leave first thing in the morning?” Arelyn suggests.

If this ends up being the course of action, she will fly up as high as she can after nightfall to see if she can spot any campfires to the east, between them and the ruins
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-03-27 at 09:03 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Why aren't we leaving now? There are still a few hours left until night falls...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

“Figured a good night’s rest and a good meal would have appealed to everyone,” Arelyn replied wryly.

“How can my weary legs possibly hold up for another mile,” she asked, back of hand to forehead with feigned exhaustion, before rising up a few inches off the ground.

“Oh wait, that’s right, I can fly,” she added with a playful snicker.
    “If we want to leave right now, we can,” Arelyn said.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I just thought if we start now we are arriving faster... sometimes I forget the laziness of non-dwarves. Aticoll wanted to slap his comrade on the shoulder - what wasn't easy, look at the different heights - but he was levitating, impossible for Aticoll to reach. So he lowered his hand again.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Aticoll thinks for a moment and realizes they have Arelyn is correct, as his stomach grumbles lend supporting testimony. They last ate just after dawn, most likely it been close to half a day since. Last thing anybody needs is to go out in the forest on an empty stomach and fatigued from walking all day.

Dawn comes and you eat breakfast at a trader's inn that was provided to you by the smith guild. You make you way out and You are greeted by Hirar, his captain, and a group of assorted persons "Guildmaster told us what you were doing, we have some others who would like to assist you in that."

OOC: Im pausing this here until I finish adding in new players. Of course the next scene will involve combat. and combat that is more difficult than the earlier road ambush.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll looked at the group, one after another.
    [Dwarven]Save your grin, cousin!
    He looked over to Arelyn and thought that humans aren't such a bad company.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Hirar nods and says "Each here has their reason for wanting to assist you. We all wish you the best of luck and may Moradin watch over you, and your comrades cousin."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arlen M’Cade

A young, dark-haired human in well-worn armour steps up to the table, nodding acknowledgement to the dwarf.

Arlen M’Cade, at your service,” he says with a polite bow.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2018-04-09 at 08:31 PM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Arelyn is a girl’s name,” Arelyn said, trying to hold back a mishevious grin, “but if you were going to have a girl’s name, that’s a good one to have. Welcome aboard!
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll raised his fist for a military salute to let them know, he's a fighter. I'm Aticoll

Then he turned around and replied to Hirar once again. See you in a few days! May Moradin help you with your guard!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lyanna

Lyanna bows.

Greetings, I am Lyanna, a humble servant of the Dawn.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Elias

Elias sits crosslegged on the ground, contemplating the situation. While we're all introducing ourselves here, my name is Elias.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

You all spend a few minute introducing yourselves, your various abilities, and specialities. You head on out with Arelyn looking for the ruins. The first day and a half nothing interesting happens, then just after lunch the 2nd day. Arelyn sees some old ruins. Nothing more than maybe a half dozen buildings. You spend a few hours exploring the ruins and other than disturbing a nest of dire weasels there is nothing. But, the presence of ruins fills the party with hope. If these are more than rumors.. then perhaps the goblin rituals are as well.

You continue on in the general direction and the morning of the 3rd day, Arelyn flies back excited. She tells the party good and bad news. Good news: she found the ruins and the ritual, Bad news: there is a ritual going on now and several bugbears as well as some other creature she has never seen before. It look like a female elf, or maybe slight built human is tied on a stone sacrificial altar.

Map: Evil Forest Temple Tab

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Last introduction

Ahead of the party, just beyond the outskirts of the ruins, Arelyn may have noticed a horse drawn carriage positioned in the shelter of trees and shrubbery. Separate and hidden from happenings at the ritual.

A young female human nervously worked to quiet the animals while constantly checking in the direction of the ruins. Just beyond her a stout dwarf handling a hammer stood guard patiently protecting the carriage. The carriages owner however, alerted to the situation by pure luck and a need to release his bladder, was quite further ahead and hidden in the shrubbery spying on the creatures. Moving very VERY slowly and cautiously.

He was not equipped for the situation but just had to see what was going on. (Alistair can be found at his map position. Carriage is left far enough away not to be seen or heard.)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Seeing the elf (half-elf? human?) completely helpless and tied to the altar, Arelyn flew straight in and hovered over the elf, igniting a long blue-white blade from one hand as she streaked overhead.

Spoiler
    Show
    As Arelyn is already airborne, double move to 10' above the altar, activate eldritch beam as a free action. This should put Arelyn out of melee range and allow attacks of opportunity against anyone who tries to get close to the elf.

AOO: (1d20+5)[15]
    damage: (3d6+1)[12]
    crit confirm: (1d20+5)[18]
    crit damage: (3d6+1)[12]

AOO: (1d20+5)[19]
    damage: (3d6+1)[11]
    crit confirm: (1d20+5)[14]
    crit damage: (3d6+1)[15]

AOO: (1d20+5)[24]
    damage: (3d6+1)[12]
    crit confirm: (1d20+5)[18]
    crit damage: (3d6+1)[7]

AOO: (1d20+5)[7]
    damage: (3d6+1)[9]
    crit confirm: (1d20+5)[13]
    crit damage: (3d6+1)[15]

I added str bonus in here, not sure if I'm supposed to.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-04-11 at 09:54 PM.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arlen

We might need a system so we don’t confuse our names with one another,” Arlen says upon meeting this delightful Arelyn.

Perhaps I can be “Pretty Arlen” and we can call you “Tough Arelyn”.

Approaching the altar and seeing his new “twin” racing into battle, the holy librarian chants a prayer to aid her charge.

Spoiler: Casting
    Show
    Bless all of you within 50 radius; 6 minutes duration.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2018-04-12 at 10:51 AM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

[Dwarf] Foolish Human! Everytime the same... Aticoll whispered as he started to accelerate. Arelyn, hey! he shouted while running to fight at the side of his comrade. He let his run end in a hard single strike against one of these bugbears.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

charge-attack vs the bugbear @ p10 and I choose this dude for my dodge-feat.
    Spoiler: ROLLS
    Show

Charge attack: (1d20+10)[25]
    Crit (1d20+10)[29]

Damage (1d10+2)[11]
    Crit (1d10+2)[12]
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-04-12 at 03:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Elias rushes for one of the bugbears standing on the fringe of the scene. "Moradin, open my eyes," he whispers as he throws a punch at the bugbear.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    So, Elias is targeting the bugbear in I9. Also, he's using Insight on him as a swift action.
    Last edited by Celtic_Breeze; 2018-04-12 at 10:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]

25. - Top - End - #145

BlackDragon

Lyanna

Seeing her fellows spring into action, Lyanna rushes forward to defend the...elf? woman. She is suspicious of treachery and ambush, bugbears are known for fighting dirty, and keeps her eyes open to see any traps and ascertain if the woman has any injuries.

"I WILL CHECK ON THE GIRL" Lyanna shouts.

Spoiler: OCC
    Show

Double moving to the elf@I16, I should be 10ft short I believe this round
    Using Spot and Heal to see if I can see if all is on the up and up and if the woman is injured
    Sense Motive to see if the woman is a willing or unwilling sacrifice

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Spot [roll]1d20+3
    Sense Motive (1d20+8)[20]
    Heal (1d20+11)[20]
    Last edited by Ancient; 2018-04-12 at 10:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

You all rush to save the sacrifice victim, which Lyanna can tell is most definitely not willing, as she is covered in bruises, cuts, and looks a bit worn. This time the bugbears are not taken by surprise and respond, though maybe not the best way tactically. Aticoll manages to land a deadly blow, and though his target does stumble, he does not fall. Elias lands a solid punch with a lout 'thud' in the bugbear's chest, but that just seems to make it more angry. One of the bugbears armed with a bow move and takes aim at the dwarf while the other loose arrows at Arelyn's flying and energy weapon bearing self. Taking to the air itself to meet Arelyn is the mysterious creature, which looks like some kind of cross between a crow or raven and a man, seemingly careless about avoiding any blows.

One of the shaman's chant a few words and a brief shimmer falls over him. Another does a longer chants and tiny motes of gold fall over his allies. The last turns towards Lyanna and a gout of flame issues forth.

Spoiler: Bugbear Melee - Elias
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

Spoiler: Bugbear Melee - Aticoll
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]

Spoiler: Bugbear Ranged - Aticoll
    Show

Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d8)[8]

Spoiler: Bugbear Shaman -Lyanna Burning Hands DC 12 Reflex
    Show
    Fire Damage: (2d6)[5]

Spoiler: Bugbear Ranged #1 - Arelyn
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]

Spoiler: Bugbear Ranged #2 - Areyn
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d8)[2]

Spoiler: Birdman Melee -Arelyn
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Alistair was nearly scared to death as a barrage of warriors burst out onto the scene. He couldn't tell if they were extremely brave or stupid. He cursed silently to himself in multiple languages. He decided to delay acting untill he saw a bit more of what was happening.
    Show
    Alistair delays his turn untill after the bugbears
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2018-04-13 at 08:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

BlackDragon

Lyanna does her best to avoid the flames....ducking in a clumsy roll....

Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show
    Reflex Save vs DC:12 (1d20+2)[15]

....avoiding some but not all of the conflagration, Lyanna interposes herself between the shaman and the girl and casts a spell of protection upon her....

NEME PYROSA!

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Casting protection from energy: Fire on the elf and interposing myself between the pyro and the elf. I am under a perptual Sanctuary effect, requires a DC16 Will save to be the target of attacks and spells.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2018-04-13 at 09:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Spoiler
    Show
    did Arelyn hit the bird man with a touch attack and do damage? She has sickening blasts so if she hit he should have to make a save right? Sickening blast 2 + 3 for cha +1 fey power = 16 dc.

Arelyn shrugged off the blows as her fey blood protected her and attempted to strike the bird man, both hands on the beam of energy.

Who are you, why are you hurting this woman??” Arelyn yelled.

Spoiler
    Show
    dr 8 / cold iron negates all damage
    attack: (1d20+6)[24] touch
    Damage: (3d6+1)[13]
    On hit: Dc 16 fort save or be sickened.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll was unimpressed by the attacks of the the bugbears. The arrow and the strike, both he blocked with his shield.

IS THIS ALL YOU CAN DO? COME ON! BRING ME YOUR LEADER! he shouted out. Then he continued to hit the bugbear with his axe.

Show
    as a swift action, he starts a “Test of Mettle“. Every enemy within 100ft WILL DC 13 or must attack me for 5 rounds.

Full attack action to strike the bugbear - except if he goes down after the first, then he stops (knights code). Attack with +1 because he's a dwarf and the enemy a goblinoid.

+1dodge AC not changed
    Spoiler: ROLLS
    Show
    Attack#1(1d20+8)[21]
    Attack#2 (1d20+3)[8]

Damage#1 (1d10+2)[4]
    Damage#2 (1d10+2)[9]