New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Underrising in Lovric

Sasha does not know if Khellan had any important papers or even precisely what was the reason or purpose for the envoy.

You all wait around at Dhel Feldir for a couple of days anxious on how the interrogations are going with the captured shaman. At last your wait is over, the High General and a couple other distinguished older dwarves are present, members of the council you would assume. One of them, in gilded robes steps forward and in a very heavy dwarven accent says "The situation is every bit as dire as we thought. There are actually thee separate war camps. the main fortified one that used to be a fort of some sort, a much smaller one that the leaders and the elite forces are housed at and a third newer war camp we found through divinations that the shaman did no know about that is not as well fortified as the main camp." He pauses for any questions and continues once those have been satisfied "We would like to ask for you one more favor, though we understand you do not owe us any. Norafod, in his opinion, thinks striking now would be best, even without the use of our siege weapon, we could take the war camps. But, only if the leaders are not there to lead a cohesive counter attack. and that leads us to the last request. Will you, as we ourselves are marching to war, assault the leader's camp? There will not be much resistance there for you as the goblins will be focused on our army moving towards them."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

During those couple of days Alistair would keep busy with meetings in the morning, gaining favour with anyone of importance over lunch, courting the rescued elf mid evening and performing at high end establishments at night.
    He touched base with the adventurers every now and again to keep updated.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Gather info (1d20+10)[16]
    Gather info (1d20+10)[22]
    Diplomacy (1d20+23)[43]
    Diplomacy (1d20+23)[29]
    Perform (1d20+18)[36]
    Perform (1d20+18)[26]
    Sense Motive (1d20+16)[32]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Umm, do we know anything about what’s at the leader’s camp, who are the leaders and how strong they are?” Arelyn asked, raising her hand as if she was in class.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll

In the last few days Aticoll helped out in the smithy. A war was imminent and some new axes and shields had to be forged.

My axe is waiting! he replied. He didn't care what camp they were attacking as long as they will fight.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arlen

Given the sudden down time, Arlen makes efforts to introduce himself to him new associates, then he offered his services to the dwarf garrison, using his healing skills to help craft first-aid kits for their sortie into bugbear country.

When asked, he bows deeply to the dwarf elder, as befits his station.

"It would benefit all goodly folk who just seek a peaceful existence. I do not truck with assassins, but I consider this excising an infection. I will help you," he says, eventually.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elder looks to Arelyn perplexed for a second then just assumes that it is some type of human custom and answers the question. 'What we know about the warcamp is the leader is a chieftain of some prowess, he has a handful of shamans with him as well as his personal hand picked guard. In all I would not wager more than a score or so are there as that has been the number mostly encountered during our divinations and interrogations. The camp is set in a glade in the forest with a palisade wall and a couple lookout towers."

As Alistair makes his rounds at Dhel Feldir he finds that the dwarves are taking the upcoming war, not battle, serious. As he attempts to court Sasha she politely tells him she took an oath as a Sister of Light, in fact all the acolytes took the oath to either be a brother or sister now that she thinks about it for a moment. His performances go over well and seem to cheer up the dwarves from being completely somber.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Elias spends his time meditating, practicing his martial arts technique, and contemplating the mysteries of life.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I apologise for not being as active as hoped. I just moved back into my house from college, so things have been rather hectic.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

”I’m okay with this, I guess,” Arelyn replied, “what about you guys?”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll

Ready to go! The thought of the coming fight set a fire in his eyes aflame.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

The Elder bows in thanks "The army will start out now, as you will not be weighed down by a supply train you can leave tomorrow, our clerics have prepared special draughts for you to drink before you exit the gate. So finish up anything you are on and be prepare to leave tomorrow. it is imperative that you wait until tomorrow, as our attacks need to be as close to simultaneous as possible"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Then tomorrow...
    Aticoll was a bit upset, that he had to wait another day to start, but he knew that striking simultaneously was important.

He packed his stuff and went early to bed to be ready before the sun raises.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

You all watch the dwarven army, well some of it. march off in all of its glory and you are pretty sure you saw a tear drop form in Aticoll's eye, though you are even more certain the stoic dwarf will never admit it.

You spend the next few hours finishing up any person errands seeking divine guidance, and any other miscellany.

You all gather at the gates after dawn and a good breakfast and one of the priest hands each of you a flask "Drink this it will help on your journey" You drink the content but feel no difference. As you head to where the leader camp is you notice you are moving faster and are not getting fatigued at all.

You come near the glade where the camp is, you notice a looktout tower made of wood with some bugbears atop it as well as one of those bird things flying close by.

MAP: Encampment Tab
    Last edited by ngilop; 2018-05-12 at 11:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lyanna

The recent events troubled her deeply, and the violence brought back the past. Her days were filled with prayer and mediation, but her nights were filled with nightmares of her capture and tormet. Still she resolved to press on. She eats little at breakfast, but accepts the priests flask and drinks dutifully.

As the glade comes near, she steels herself for more confrontation.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll

Do we have a plan? Easiest would be to chop 'em down, right? he pointed with the head of his axe to the wooden tower. With 3 legs it may still stand, but with two it falls! Who's in? he whispered.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Okay.
    I’m going to fly around the back, cause as much havoc as I can,”
    Arelyn said, “maybe I can flush them towards you, but umm... come save me if I get unto trouble, okay?”

The young human grinned.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-05-27 at 08:21 PM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #226

Arlen

With a nod and a wish of good luck, Arlen casts invisibility on his female namesake.

"It's bad luck for someone with my name to die. Keep us safe!"

Spoiler: Duration
    Show
    6 minutes. Go moon a goblin.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn

Oh, you’re my new best friend,” Arelyn said as she faded from sight.

She flew wide around the encampment over the top of the trees to the rear entrance, and cast a swarm of spiders just outside the entrance, making sure to keep the enemies out of the summoning area to avoid breaking the invisibility spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting summon swarm, somatic only so from 40’ away or so the enemies hopefully won’t notice the summon until the spiders are on them. Ai15-aj16.
    Arelyn is 20’ in the air over ak16.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/s...tm#spiderSwarm
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Arelyn flies around the back end, summon hundreds of creep crawling eight legged creatures. Their sudden appearance startles the lookouts in the watch tower. The one better armored manages to collect himself and yell down to the chief.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

[Dwarven] By Moradin! Everytime the same! This girl flies away and has all the fun!
    Angry Aticoll stepped out of the woods, started running and attacked the first leg of the watchout-tower.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    charge attack vs wooden tower (leg) EDIT: @B9
    (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage? (1d10+2)[8]
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-05-30 at 02:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Aticoll runs out of the tree line and takes a swing at the leg of the lookout tower. The bird man flies down and takes a swing at the dwarf with his glaive, while one of the guards blows on a horn. The eastern side of the encampment rushes to the entrance, but are still some distance a ways.

Spoiler: Birdman Melee - Aticoll
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[12]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn kept above the swarm as it crawled and jumped its way into the encampment. She kept an eye on the engagement on the other side to make sure her friends didn’t get into too much trouble.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Aticoll

Good, call more of you he thought as a response of the sound from the horn.
    He continued chopping the leg of the tower while shouting ssh! ssh! Go away! - Anyone want to handle this annoying fly? I'm busy right now.... One of his eyes on the birdman all the time, ready to dodge another of his blows

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    using the dodge feat on the birdman -> +1 dodge AC

Attack the leg: do I need to roll attack? Just in case (1d20+7)[13] (EDIT: I knew it. It is an automatic hit when taking a full round action to attack the leg)
    Damage (1d10+2)[10]
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-02 at 12:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Alistair, watching the scene unfurling, couldn't act. He had just one worrying and unnerving thought holding him back and occupying his mind. 'These people were all bloody mad!'

24. - Top - End - #234

Arlen

Satisfied with the chaos unleashed, Arlen rushes towards the tower, invoking a flame of the God of Fire into his hand as he proceeds.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cast produce flame, move towards Aticollas far as full movement speed allows.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The group moves to help Aticoll he does his best lumberjack impression as the second chop seem to dig a little deeper and shake the watchtower. The bugbears atop it quickly yell and hurry down the stairs so they are on the ground. Bird man switches his attention to the newcomer with fire in his hands nd swings his glaive hoping it does more than it did to the dwarf.

Lord Castelroy spurs Quickfire onto help support Arelyn, ho's swarm managed to cimb the eastern watchtower and attack the sentries.

Spoiler: Birdman Melee - Arlen
    Show

Attack: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]

Round 3 MAP: Encampment Tab

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Arelyn moved with the swarm, staying 20’ above it, maintained her concentration, and kept one eye on the battle to make sure her friends didn’t get into Too much trouble.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #237

Arlen

The Glaive tears through Arlen, but he grits his teeth through the pain.

That’s right! Focus on me!

With a needless wind-up, the scholar flings a flame at the feathered foe.

Spoiler: Ranged Touch
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23]
    (1d6+5)[10] fire

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Without a single word, Aticoll continued to destroy the leg of the tower.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[17] and (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage (1d10+2)[12] and (1d10+2)[8]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

A half dozen of the bugbears are moving closer to the gathered party, within striking distance a handful of seconds away. The man-bird takes a swing at Arlen again, squawking, the smell of burnt feathers not the best. Aticoll continues to try to hew down the watchtower, and is assaulted by the arriving lookouts who swing their morning stars at the dwarf.

Spoiler: Birdman Melee - Arlen
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

Spoiler: Bugbear Melee #1 - Aticoll
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]

Spoiler: Bugbear Melee #2 - Aticoll
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

Round 4: MAP: Encampment tab

30. - Top - End - #240

Arlen

The fires of Heaven judge you, and find you are wicked.

Flicking his flame underhand, Arlen tosses the fire at the bird-thing.

Spoiler: Aim, Fire
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d6+5)[8]