New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default (Pf)How does the moonlit stalker feat chain interact with hide in plain sight?

How does this work? Especially with regards to the moonlit stalker feint and shadow dancers.

I thought that it would be a cool fluffy build to do something with t but can’t figure out in the rules how they all interact.
    I am BoutsofInsanity and my name isn't a metaphor.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: (Pf)How does the moonlit stalker feat chain interact with hide in plain sight?

If you successfully use stealth, you have concealment against an opponent. Most of the time, you need at least some concealment to attempt to stealth. HIPS allows you to stealth even while observed and without concealment. The shadowdancer version requiring you to be in dim light or lower, or within 10 ft of such an area.

So if you HIPS, you can use any of the moonlit stalker feats. Keep in mind that if you attack, you will instantly blow your stealth unless you are sniping. Feinting will likewise blow your cover. However, for that round that you attack, you get the benefits of the tree. And since you can HIPS, you can attempt again on the next turn to hide.

Shame the feat tree is really feat intensive-the bluff feat is kind of a waste, but moonlit stalker is really good for sniper and stealth attacker builds that use invisibility/blur/displacement. The moonlit stalker master is fantastic with displacement or invisibility, and you can negate full round attacks.
    Last edited by Geddy2112; 2018-01-08 at 10:29 AM.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (Pf)How does the moonlit stalker feat chain interact with hide in plain sight?

These don't interact at all, and I'm confused as to what you could even be asking about. They deal with entirely different aspects of the game. One is combat bonuses while concealed, the other is conditions under which one can hide.