New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Starfinder: Dex Solarian?

Simple enough: I want to play a Dexterity-based Solarian. There doesn't seem to be a class guide anywhere, outside of one that specifically states it is meant for Strength Melee builds, so I have no real information to base an opinion on. Is a Dex-Solarian viable? Is it fun? The game I'm joining will be all first-timers, but the GM...can be tough. I would like to maximize my fun with the character concept, but I have NO IDEA how to do that yet.

Am I just wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Starfinder: Dex Solarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    Simple enough: I want to play a Dexterity-based Solarian. There doesn't seem to be a class guide anywhere, outside of one that specifically states it is meant for Strength Melee builds, so I have no real information to base an opinion on. Is a Dex-Solarian viable? Is it fun? The game I'm joining will be all first-timers, but the GM...can be tough. I would like to maximize my fun with the character concept, but I have NO IDEA how to do that yet.

Am I just wrong here?
    well currently only way to play dex solarian is either grab armor and buy weapon or use 3rd party or home brew to brew your self a shooty revelation. but if you wait around this year we might get toys to dex solarian in advance class guide of starfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    well currently only way to play dex solarian is either grab armor and buy weapon or use 3rd party or home brew to brew your self a shooty revelation. but if you wait around this year we might get toys to dex solarian in advance class guide of starfinder
    Ooh! Advance class guide? When does that come out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    Ooh! Advance class guide? When does that come out?
    no clue about it right now. but estimated after the starfinder armory which compleates triforce of content creation( rules for item class and monster creation). But we are kinda lucky i sense 3 of the upcoming revelations are kinda on the table.
    1. stellar grace: some way to get cha to attack and armor
    2. pulse dart: 1d4 damage 60 feat range.
    3. stellar spear 1d8 damage 60 ft range.
    for 2.and 3. we dont know how they improve in late game. 3rd party decides they can use damage of one item level lover then character level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.