New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Digital Survival Matrix - We Exist to Serve Your Purpose (Digimon IC)

Ariko runs over to Sen in panic at the sight of her leg being crushed, intending to treat her wounds- she'd read up on this! "Let me help!" She moves in only to trip over a piece of rubble, slam her knee down on Sen's injured leg, and have her lips fall onto Sen's.

At which point, Ariko immediately gets up and runs off and hides in as much of a corner as is left. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry!" She blushes and hides her head, hoping and praying she turns invisible.

Lunamon hops over to Sen. "...what was that?"

2. - Top - End - #62

Griffon

Default Re: Digital Survival Matrix - We Exist to Serve Your Purpose (Digimon IC)

Enjoying the thrill of easy victory, Sen doesn't take the falling rubble quite seriously enough. The sudden, unparalleled pain in her leg sends her straight into shock.

It'sagamewhydoesithurthitsisn'tagameithurtstoomuch whereamIwhathappenedowowowowKazueithuuuuu--

She chokes on a cry, reducing it to a coughing fit as tears stream down her face. Unable to do anything to escape the pain, she curls up into a ball as far as the rubble will allow and shoves her sleeve into her mouth to stifle any further cries. The burnt fabric tastes horribly sour, but it distracts her from the pain in her leg.

The creampuff's sudden impact turns Sen on her back, further abusing her leg and stealing the air from her lungs. She's too busy suffocating and being paralyzed by agony to even think of a good curse to yell. Or think at all, really. Whatever that thing with her lips was granted her an instant's reprieve, but not nearly enough.

It takes a few moments for the pain to go back from "killmenow" to "excruciating", whereupon she resumes breathing enough to answer the new creature that approached her. Hopefully it's not an enemy - if it is, she's scalloped.
    "Hh... Hhh... Help..."

Salamon bounces circles around Yoshii, now aided by actual legs. "We did it! We did it! We did it! That was aweeeeeesome! Wasn't Master cool, standing there all 'I'm counting on you!!'?"

She hops over to Lunamon next, circling her like a loose bouncy-ball as well. "Lunamon! We're legends now! Real, live legends! And we Digivooooolved! You look so cool like that! I wanna stay Salamon forever! Aren't we cutest and the best, huh huh huh?"

Next up is Tyrannomon. "Yaaaay you're cured! The nasty darkness is all gone! Are you feelin' better? Are ya are ya? Thanks for saving us from the rubble!"
    She takes a moment to stop and nuzzle Tyrannomon's leg affectionately before returning to Yoshii and leaping up onto his shoulder.

Looking toward her collapsed home, Salamon calls out in her loudest voice, echoing through the jungle:
    "WE DID IT, WIZARDMON!! WE'RE LEGENDS!!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Babydmon sees Ariko run off and follows. That fight hurt, but it also threw up some interesting information - the digivices let them digivolve much earlier than when it would naturally occur. The fact that he didn't doesn't bother him - the time for that will come later. When he reaches Ariko, he stops and watches her for a few moments before talking. "You know, if you always run off and hide, you won't be able to deal with any problems you face. Particularly if it's to do with our allies. We'll probably be with them for a long time now."

---

Once he gets out of the ruins, Eiji punches the air, still pumped from the fight and pretty happy with himself. As he turns around to look at the others, he talks, sounding happy and excited. Apparently his own minor injuries aren't bothering him. "You see? I knew we could take him. That was awesome, and we're-" He stops when he notices Sen on her back in agony. Whatever he thought of her before, she fought by his side in there, and that deserved respect. He walks over, kneeling down next to her. "Damn..." He isn't quite sure what to say or do in the situation (for one thing, he's no good at first aid), but he gives it a try. "Hey! You're pretty badass when you want to be, you know. Come on, I know you can deal with this. Or are you gonna just stay down there like that forever?"

4. - Top - End - #64

GreenSorcererElf

Yoshii approaches Sen, and takes out his first aid kit... that he suddenly realizes he has no idea how to use. Shame - it's a nice one.

"Um... a little help here, guys? This thing probably has everything we need but I dunno what to do with it."

He looks over at Salamon on his shoulder.

"Can you...?"

"Did you see, human? We did it! I am useful!" Lopmon's bouncing takes on more form, but no more care as it smacks into legs, walls, and whatever else happens to be around it.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65

Ariko just goes and mumbles to Babydramon. "But I- I didn't mean to- I made things worse and then I and now she's going to hate me... I mean she already did but even more... but I mean... I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry... How do I make things right?"

Moonmon just hops around, concerned. "Um... um... I'm not sure how humans work. Does she need food? Will that make her better? If she gets worse will she become a Digitama? Or a Humantama? Humans are weird and fragile..."

6. - Top - End - #66

GreenSorcererElf

Yoshii sighs and goes over to Sen, sitting next to her and opening his medkit.

"This is going to be unpleasant... when I start putting pressure on it, I mean. You'll be fine."

Some cleaning, bandaging, and head scratching later, Yoshii closes his kit and stands up.

"I mean... it doesn't look broken, but it could be a hairline fracture, so be careful."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67

Griffon

Sen catches her breath, the pain having gone down considerably once Yoshii finished his ministrations.
    This... isn't real... but... I guess... it is.
    This world is mine to master.

Sen takes a long breath and lets it out in a sigh, then sits upright and tests her splinted leg.
    "Blob, bring me... that stick."
    She points to Moonmon then to a sturdy-looking branch that caught her eye.

She turns to Yoshii and hesitates.
    "...Thanks, kid."
    She pats his head a couple times, then heaves herself upright, careful to keep her weight on her good leg.

"Welp, that's that! Looks like we're done here; who's gonna lead the way to the next stop?"
    She looks around at the gathered Digimon for response.

Nyaromon watches over Yoshii's shoulder as he works on Sen.
    "Wooooow, Master Yoshii is a healer too! You'll all have nothing to worry about, Chosen Childrnyan!"

She hops over to help Moonmon carry the stick their master wanted, assuming Moonmon obeys at all.

Sen's and Nyaromon's stomachs rumble in chorus. Sen blushes and looks aside. Nyaromon has no such compunctions.
    "Nyaaaaawr that battle wore me out! Digivolving is too much awesome! Lunch time, lunch time!"
    Never mind that they just had a pot of udon not fifteen minutes ago.

8. - Top - End - #68

Babydmon snorts another blast of steam. “Well, first of all you do not just run and hide. You face the problem. I may not understand all of your human quirks, but it was a simple accident. If she cannot recognise that and hates you for it, then you shouldn't concern yourself with her feelings about you. Go make things right, but never make yourself lesser to make another feel better. Always have faith in yourself and your abilities.She is your equal here, not your superior.” He pauses for a moment, thinking. ”If anything, you have shown yourself to be more important.”

---

Eiji grins when Lopmon bounces over. “Yeah, you did good, little guy.” His attention then returns to Sen as he watches Yoshi get to work, speaking when Sen starts getting up. “Hey, you sure you're gonna be OK to walk by yourself, or are you gonna need some help? I guess we go to one of the places the wizard guy was talking about, right?”

Talk of food raises a question in his mind. “So...what do we eat out here? Can we eat the plants and stuff here, or what? Do all the animals here think and talk like you guys?”

9. - Top - End - #69

Tyrannomon seems patently exhausted, but offers Nyaromon a grateful nod. When he speaks, his voice is much less booming than before, and has a fairly heavy accent, though it’s hard to place what kind. The humans might recognize it as approximately Indian, but with more of a drawl. “Yes... I owe you all a great deal... I might’ve spent the rest of my days controlled by the witch’s spores if not for your help. I offer my sincerest apologies for being manipulated into attacking you, Chosen Children... And my sincerest thanks for being freed.”

He looks out over the horizon. “I hope my clanmates are okay... I don’t remember much after my possession...”

He pauses, then seems startled by a realization. He turns back and addresses the group urgently. “I suggest you all do not stay here long! LadyDevimon knew you were coming to our world, though not precisely where you would land. When she loses contact with the dark spores that possessed me, she’ll probably send someone much stronger here, if not come herself. She’s quite dedicated to your capture... I can’t be certain why, but given those devices you hold can break her possession, I’d wager you’re a threat to her plans.”

He blinks sleepily, but forces himself to remain aware. “Anyway... You saved me. Can you think of a way for me to repay you?”

10. - Top - End - #70

Griffon

It doesn't take Sen long to consider the dinosaur's offer of a reward. Always start negotiations high.

"You owe us your life, right? If we hadn't saved you, you'd be possessed until you died? Then give us your life - be our servant. We're the heroes, so it's gotta be melánge better than being the bad guy's puppet-slave, right?"

11. - Top - End - #71

”Eh? Servant?” Eiji shakes his head. ”I dunno what Sen is thinking, but you put up a good fight. It would be awesome if you fought with us. Side by side, you know? Bad guys wouldn't know what hit them.”

12. - Top - End - #72

Ariko shakes and nods to Babydramon. "R-right... you're right..." She stands up and makes her way back to the others. "Sen... I'm really sorry, that was an accident. And, um, maybe we shouldn't ask Tyrannomon to keep fighting, if he's been controlled all this time? Um..." She looks at the collapsed ruins behind her. "Maybe you can help us find shelter? And food? I don't want to keep you from going back home for long..."

Moonmon, meanwhile, is just staring up at Tyrannomon. "Can... can I ride you?"

13. - Top - End - #73

Eiji looks a little confused at Ariko’s statement. ”You think so?” Eiji shrugs, looking at Tyrannoman. ”Is that true? I just figured if I was in your place I'd want to take them down myself, but I guess I can see that. Up to you, then.”

14. - Top - End - #74

Tyrannomon looks shocked and disturbed by Kuroshi’s words, but sighs with relief when her behavior seems unique to her and the others are kinder and more reasonable.

“I’m afraid I have others back home who I need to check on, so unless you want to head that way with me, I can’t commit to helping you fight until I’ve done that... But food and shelter? I can help with that,” Tyrannomon agrees. “As for what you should do next... I’m afraid I couldn’t venture a guess. The only places with others strong enough to oppose LadyDevimon seem to be Andromon’s City and the old Drasilian fortress Gate Castle, but Leomon could only take in a handful of refugees before closing their gates to focus on defense, and Andromon never offered any help at all. All of our villages have been left on their own... Though since LadyDevimon considers you her biggest threat, they might be willing to provide for you in exchange for your help dealing with her. I can’t be sure, but if you guys don’t want to be on the run forever, a fortress or well-defended city seem like the best places to settle down.”

He then turns to walk into the forest, though his legs are still shaking considerably from battle damage. Despite his size, he looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over. “Now... Let’s find food and a place to rest, yes?”
    Last edited by Vrock_Summoner; 2018-02-26 at 11:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Ariko nods, placing a hand on Tyrannomon. "Is there anything I can do for you? You look hurt... can I treat your wounds at all? I don't want you pushing yourself too had and getting hurt even worse... Then shelter, then help us draw a map? Maybe villages on the way to the cities you mentioned, so we can find safe places to stay on the way? I-I mean, if that's not too much trouble... I guess drawing maps might be hard..."

Moonmon is off sulking in the corner, their question being ignored.

16. - Top - End - #76

Tyrannomon seems like he’s having trouble keeping up with conversations with multiple parties at once, and attempts to backfill, sliding his tail in front of Moonmon. “Uh, for you, go ahead and climb on, yes, but be gentle, I’m still sore.”

Then he looks at Ariko. “If you could help treat me, that would be lovely, but mostly I think I need food and rest, same as you guys. And... uh... what is a ‘map’?”

17. - Top - End - #77

GreenSorcererElf

What? They don't have a concept of a map? Wait, that can't be right. They call it something else. Right?

"A map is a visual depiction of an area, in small enough scale that you can easily survey a large place. Do you have something like that?"

Please just have different terminology. Please don't actually be this dumb.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Griffon

Nyaromon, seeing a chance to rescue Tyrannomon and impress her master, leaps into action to fulfill Yoshii's request!

"I knyan it, I knyan it! I knyan the whoooooole island by heart!"

Using her tail as a brush, Nyaromon begins tracing a crude map, highlighting their current location, Gate Castle, Andromon's City, and Steak Mountain at approximate scale distance. Well... she tries, at least. Moonmon quietly follows Nyaromon's chaotic outlines to touch them up and shift them a little better into place. The end result is... not entirely useless.

Nyaromon, once satisfied, beams proudly up at Yoshii.

Sen leans over the map, using her walking stick for balance, pretending to consider it carefully. She's a bit miffed that her demands to the lizard were dismissed so casually, but there seemed to be more to lose than to gain from arguing now. Better to get what they could now and look for future opportunities to exploit their advantage.

"Well, if this map isn't complete ox tail, we obviously go to this mountain next, then to the city. They're the closest important spots; it only makes sense."

She grins up at the lizard.
    "Guess we're not saying goodbye just yet, huh big fella? I'll look forward to it."

19. - Top - End - #79

Tyrannomon seems relieved that the question directed at him was answered by somebody else, and stares down at the completed work with a bit of wonder. “So this line drawing is a ‘map’? How interesting. And you can tell where you’re supposed to go from it? Is it some kind of divination tool?” He steps back and laughs. “You Chosen Children and your partners have all sorts of tricks up your sleeve! Alright, alright. If you’d like to come with me to my home, I have no objections. I hope you like the heat, though; the sun beats down so hard on the desert that it keeps the top layer of Steak Mountain well-cooked. The two dragons among your party should be fine, but I’d be a bit worried about the furry ones...”

Then he shakes his head, as if to clear it. “Well, there’s no sense coming to a decision on a sleep-deprived head or an empty stomach. Let’s get some grub and a place to sleep.”

And with that, he turns to look around. He takes a few tentative efforts at walking through the dense foliage without destroying everything, but is met with the sound of snapping and crunching and steps back. He sighs, then looks to the party. “I hope you don’t mind if we go the way I came. I don’t want to cause any more damage.”

20. - Top - End - #80

Ariko looks over the map, doing her best to make a copy on her laptop. It's a crude one, but it's the best she can do quickly. She's not exactly an artist. Once she's done, she looks up at Sen and Tyrannomon. "Um... that sounds really hot... humans can't take too much heat. Maybe... we should check out somewhere else? If that's okay?"

21. - Top - End - #81

GreenSorcererElf

At least someone knows what a map is.

"She's right. Humans aren't built for the desert. Even with the right gear - which we don't have - it's dangerous. Thanks, Nyaromon. This is great!"

"Whatever, we can handle anything! Let's go, human!"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Eiji doesn't really look at the map, instead he just looks at Tyrannomon with a confused expression. "Hang on. Back a bit. Steak Mountain?"

---

Babydmon looks over the map and thinks. As much as you can read a dragon's expression, he seems pleased with Ariko. "Wizardmon wanted us to go to Gate Castle first, and it is there where we are most likely to find worthy allies. Our destination seems clear."
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2018-03-21 at 05:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Tyrannomon’s face lights up at the chance to talk about his home. “Yes, indeed, Chosen! My home is Steak Mountain. Meat grows from the surface of the mountain and is cooked by the immense heat of the desert sun. We of the dinosaur clans live on the surface level, but we can eat only what we reach, and there is not enough food for all of us. Those of the noble dragon houses are fewer in number and can fly or climb higher upon the mountain, giving them access to much more meat, which they trade with us dinosaur clans in exchange for working in and defending their mines. They eat the ores and gemstones we dig up along with their meat, and incorporate these shinies into their bodies, making themselves stronger and shinier. Very much shinier.”

His eyes go downcast. “Last I remember before my possession, that witch attacked my clan with these strange seed-things, saying she needed strong Digimon... I have to make sure the others made it out okay...”

As you talk, Tyrannomon leads you all first back to the river, and, without giving it much thought, blasts fire into the water, resulting in a huge gout of steam erupting and spraying everywhere, with small, superheated water droplets scattering and giving you a couple of tiny burn spots in parts not covered by your clothes. Also landing all around you are a heaping helping of slightly-seared and very dead fish.

“Hm, these aren’t going to cook just laying there in such frigid temperatures...” It happens to be a pretty nice day out, perhaps cool, but certainly not ‘frigid’. He walks back over to the crushed parts of the forest he previously walked through and starts sifting through large branches and strips of shattered trunk. “Perhaps we can start a fire, then. This wood is probably too fresh to catch, though... Hrm, I didn’t think this through.” He looks back at you all apologetically.

24. - Top - End - #84

GreenSorcererElf

Nothing's going to catch now that you sprayed water everywhere.

Yoshii is decidedly unimpressed with their new companion, pretty much from the word "go". Nyaromon has proven overall more helpful and competent, and to be saddled with this...

"I'll go out in search of any kindling, but I might have to canvas out a bit to find some that isn't wet."

Kokomon, for its part, is just happy to be moving. Standing still might just be the worst thing ever.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Eiji still looks a little confused. "Eh? Meat just grows here? That's weird." He then looks over at the fish. "Those are just fish, though, right? Nothing weird about them?"

-----

Tyrannomon's description of his home's society piques Babydmon's interest, and he listens until the topic of food comes up. "I can breathe heated steam, will that help? I am unfamiliar with how much humans need to cook their food."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Gigimon, having been quiet for the past while, looks up at Eiji adorably when he asks about the grown meat. "Does meat not grow in the human world? What do humans eat?"

27. - Top - End - #87

GreenSorcererElf

Yoshii's mouth twitches in response to Gigimon's question. It's a supreme effort to not start laughing in the creature's face, but after staying silent for a brief moment, he manages to pull it off. A pity he can't quite hide the grin.

"Yeah, meat grows, but not like it does here. The way meat works here is closer to how plants work in our world. When we want meat, we have to butcher animals."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Griffon

Sen makes a whole-body eyeroll and an extended groan. Her expression of exasperated derision is a thing of art (she thinks).

"Great, we lost the hotpot wizard and now we're going to starve under the benevolence of a bunch of idiot Buddhist dinosaurs."

She sizes up the noisy tutorial blob, hobbles over, and prods it with the foot of her bad leg.

"Hey, this fudgesicle has a bit of fat on 'im. Whaddaya say, porkbutt, want a real personal demonstration of what humans eat? Can't taste any worse than the crepes my folks served."

She's smiling - well, smirking - but there's an edge in her eyes that foretells the knives she's offering to introduce the thing to.

"Ooooh, we're gonna start a firenyaa~?! C'mon, Master, let's get the best firewood and make a huuuuge bonfire! It'll be a festival to celebrate the Chosen Children coming! Moonmon Moonmon you and your Chosen help toooonya!"

29. - Top - End - #89

Eiji still looks confused, pointing at the fish. "Eh? I don't get it. You guys have fish, don't you have other animals? Cows and birds and stuff. Like fish, just not in the water and meaty instead of fishy."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Eiji just proceeds to confuse Gigimon. "Huh? What are cows and birds? Are they like, uh...a Birdramon?"

Gigimon is immediately distracted, however, by Sen's veiled threat. Though... "Ooh, ooh, you'll show me what humans eat?! Okay!"

...maybe the threat was too veiled?