New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The messengers

1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The messengers

Dagg swings his axe at the demon; and hits it with a solid blow. 5 damage to Dretch.

Karos attacks the beast from the other direction, and delivers a blow this time as well, altough this one was considerably weaker than the previous ones. 1 damage to Dretch.

Daffyd attacks as well, but misses the dretch.

Kaz finally gets a chance, and delivers his kukri into where he thinks the demon's innards are. 3 damage to Dretch.

The demon suffered 30 damage thus far, but still carries on the fight, altough it's lost an unbelieveable amount of body fluids.
    It turns it's attention to the raging dwarf, and unleashes many attacks, aimed at the dwarf's face and body.

Attack1 - (1d20+4)[23] , Damage1 - (1d6+1)[2]
    Attack2 - (1d20+4)[7] , Damage2 - (1d6+1)[7]
    Bite - (1d20+2)[20] , Damage - (1d4)[3]
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save - (1d20+3)[20]+2 if it's a spell, another +2 if it's poison.

Dagg screams in fury as he is hit, especially as he feels the end of his rage coming on. He tries to bring the creature before him down before his customary weakening occurs.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP:10/24 AC:14
    This is the last round of rage, as far as I can calculate (assuming one round between all the kobolds dead and the dretch appearing). I he passed the fort check, Dagg will attack.
    Attack Roll - (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage Roll - (1d10+5)[11]

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dafydd

Dafydd's eyes begin to well up, and his stomach begins to turn violently as the sickening smell overwhelms him. He attempts to attack the creature, but finds his arms unwilling to respond. It takes all of his control just to avoid falling over unconscious, as the forest spins around him.

Spoiler
    Show

fort - (1d20+7)[8]

no attack, since he failed the save, sigh
    attack - (1d20+6)[16]
    damage - (1d8+3)[5]
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2008-02-29 at 07:50 AM.
    Proud Happy Biscuit (TM) salesman

avatar: Fence the gypsy halfling rogue by Sampi

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 13/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

Ozz's blood-red skin somehow darkens around his face as shame and fear war against each other. Unable to overcome the magical fear, however, the goblin continues to run.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

5. - Top - End - #455

BardGuy

Kaz

hp: 7 ac: 16 (13)

Spoiler
    Show
    fort save: (d20+1)[10] attack: (d20+2)[15] damage: (d4+1)[5]

Kaz feels the smell getting to him, and it is all he can do to avoid retching. He tries to will himself to attack the dretch, but finds that his body will not respond. He decides the only smart course of action is to retreat several feet away from the dretch, trying to escape the cloud of nasal assault.
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2008-02-29 at 11:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos
    HP 14/16
    AC 18

Karos spends a split second torn between healing his companions and continuing the attack on the demon. He reasons to himself to continue the attack and hope to draw the beasts attention in his direction. As he starts his attack he is overcome by an intense smell that stops him in his tracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort:(1d20+4)[11]

Attack:(1d20+3)[21]
    Damage:(1d12+3)[12]

edit: I'm away from my books but it looks from the other posts that nauseated makes you unable to attack
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-02-29 at 06:25 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

7. - Top - End - #457

Ozz continued to run away from the hellish monster, but Lorrickmanaged to overcome his fear, and with hazy eyes, he turned back, and with a screaming rage, he started to run back to the demon.

Kaz, Dafydd, and Karos got overwhelmed by the horrid stench of the demon, leaving only Dagg against the dretch.

The dwarven berserker threw himself upon the demon one last time before his rage consumed all his strenght. The hit was strong, and nearly tackled the demon.

The dretch, altough beaten up already, now only faces Dagg, and attack the dwarf, trying to bring him down. One of it's claws hit, tearing into Dagg's chest. 4 damage to Dagg.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

8. - Top - End - #458

Dafydd
    HP: 12 AC: 18

Dafydd shamefully watches his brave companion stand alone against the monster, and tries to distract its attention away. Between choking gasps, he calls out, "You have no chance against that dwarf, demon! *cough* Come fight one who is your equal *hack* helpless as I am now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dafydd will try to goad the demon.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save - (1d20+3)[6] +2 if it's a spell, another +2 if it's poison.

Dagg sways suddenly as the rush of adrenaline leaves his system, almost toppling over. His blows are weak now, all the weaker for his many injuries and the poison surrounding him. "I can't last much longer. Finish me, demon, if you can!"

Spoiler
    Show
    HP:5 AC:16

One final attack. This is going to hurt (me).
    Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage Roll - (1d10+3)[4]
    Last edited by Dethcom1; 2008-03-04 at 10:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460

BardGuy

Kaz

HP: 7 AC: 16 (13)

Kaz stands around, cursing himself for being so weak. He sees Dagg take yet another shot, and something snaps. He manuvers as best as he can back into the fray, choking, stumbling, and feeling sick. He flails himself at the dretch, knowing that all he could do was distract it from finishing off his friend. "Somebody kill this damned thing!"
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2008-03-04 at 12:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461

Seeing that most members of your team is either heavily injured, or is under the effect of one of his demonic attacks, the infernal creature grows confident, and turns towards Dafydd, the paladin.

It hits the elf one time, who is too occupied with staying on his feet to defend himself properly. 6 damage to Dafydd. Next time, however, the wild elf could concentrate better, and blocked the attacks of the dretch. The continual taunting has paid off by now, the dretch is focused only on the paladin with it's red eyes, barely noticing anything else.

By this time, Daffyd's tough wild elf body got rid of the nauseating effect, and once again, he is ready to face the demon.

Kaz saw this, and threw himself at the dretch to distract it. The demon tried to punch the human away, but Kaz managed to duck down just in time.

12. - Top - End - #462

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Karos ignores the effect of the nauseating smell long enough to get one futile swing off before he is overcome again by the stench surrounding this awful creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll run two rounds because it looks like I'm one behind.

Round 1
    Fort:(1d20+4)[18]
    Attack:(1d20+3)[5]
    Damage:(1d12+2)[10]

Round 2
    Fort:(1d20+4)[12]
    Attack:(1d20+3)[15]
    Damage:(1d12+2)[9]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-03-04 at 03:21 PM.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

13. - Top - End - #463

Dafydd
    HP: 6 AC: 18

Dafydd finally feels himself able to breathe properly again, the pain from his wounds pushing a burst of adrenaline into his system, and concentrates a focused blow on the enraged creature before him.

Spoiler
    Show
    kill the critter (hopefully)

attack - (1d20+8)[23] +2 for Kaz distraction
    damage - (1d8+3)[5]
    edit: crap
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2008-03-04 at 06:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

Daffyd attacks, but the demon's flesh almost consumes the sword, and the dretch doesn't suffer any injury from the blow. The demon strikes back, and wounds the wild elf's hip with it's claws. 5 damage to Daffyd. (that was close!)

You can hear Lorrick's warcry coming from your back, he's almost got back to the fighting.

15. - Top - End - #465

Dafydd
    HP: 1 AC: 18

Dafydd begins to swoon as the demon tears him apart. On the verge of collapse, a spark of what can only be described as divine energy swells within and fills his lungs. "SUBMIT!!!" he cries, as his arms swing down to crush his foe, independent of his control.

Spoiler
    Show
    here's hopin'...

attack - (1d20+6)[18]
    damage - (1d8+3)[10]
    edit: hey, i think i did it! that was pretty hollywood style right there.
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2008-03-05 at 08:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Seeing his last few blows fail to land, Karos steps behind Daffyd and lays his hands on his companion. "Grant him the strength to finish what we have started," Karos mutters as he allows divine energies to flow through him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    CLW:(1d8+2)[7]

Fort:(1d20+4)[7]

Crap...well I tried to heal but looks like I'll be gagging again for another round
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-03-05 at 10:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

Daffyd shouts and swings his sword again, determined to bring down the demon. He strikes swift and accurate, driving his sword right through the demon's head.

The dretch screams in shock for a short time, then it starts burning with infernal flames, which engulf him in quickly. The demon radiates intense heat, and Daffyd must drop his sword in order to save his hand from burning. The demon screams and roars, faling to the ground, with the sword still sticking out of it'ts head.

After a few seconds of this infernal fire, the dretch is consumed, and only dust remains. As soon as the dust settles, Daffyd can see his weapon laying on the ground. But the trusty longsword is now twisted by the hellish forces consuming the demon. It has a distorted geometry, and magical runes are engraved into the blade, emitting creepy light, which keeps changing colour between maroon and olive green. Yet, despite the changes, Daffyd reckognizes the weapon as his sword. The colour of the runes and the light they emit usually change colours constantly but slowly, altough some times it changes following a pattern that could be best described as a violent outburst.

On the ground, in the dust where the demon disappeared, there are two small gems on the ground, one looking like a runy, and another one like an emerald.

Soon, the nauseating vapour disappears, and you can breathe once again, and Lorrick and Ozzgar returns to the group as well.

There is nothing left here, only the bloody remains of the kobolds, and a thin layer of dust settling onto the blood-covered field of the small clearing inside the swampy jungle.

18. - Top - End - #468

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

"I'm ashamed to say that I was disabled by a smell, but that was worse than anything I've ever smelled. But three cheers for Daffyd, today he was the hammer of justice, and St. Cuthbert knows we needed it," Karos says truly excited to travelling with worthy companions.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show

"Aye. Good job, laddie!" Ozz congratulates Dafydd from the edge of the clearing. The goblin avoids meeting his friend's eyes, keeping his gaze locked on the marsh ground. He skulks around the edge of the clearing, bow in hand with an arrow knocked once more. "Ah'm soorry Ah couldnae ha' been more help."

20. - Top - End - #470

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz smiles and goes to clap Daffyd on the back, but he can't help but notice the odd color of the elfs weapon. "Great job Daf, but what's up with your sword? That thing didn't taint it or anything, did it?"

21. - Top - End - #471

Dafydd

Dafydd smiles wanly at his companions as they regroup. "This victory belongs to all of us. A hearty congratulations, my friends...our fallen allies are avenged." He kneels, whispering a brief prayer of thanks, and finds considerable difficulty standing again. "Perhaps I'll just...rest a while."

Dafydd casts a worried glance at his blade. "I don't know what this portends, Kaz. I suppose I'll use another weapon until we can figure out what happened."

22. - Top - End - #472

BardGuy

Kaz

"If no one has a better weapon you can use my kukri. It's smaller then the sword but it's sharper and not a bad weapon at all." If no one has something better to offer kaz will give the kukri to Daffyd.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg rises from his nauseated stupor, his nose still rankled in the aftermath of the demon's fart. He bows his head shortly for a silent prayer of guidance for both of the dead. When it is over, he looks up and says, "That was a good fight, but next time, let's try to not all get killed, eh? Now, on to the important bit, the loot." He looks appreciatively at the gems, carefully examining each, before turning to the rest of the party and asking, "Anyone know how much these are worth? We might make a little profit from this fight."

24. - Top - End - #474

Dafydd

Dafydd grins at Kaz. "I thank you for the kind offer, but I'll make do with my old war hammer at present. I keep it around in case we run into skellies."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show

A smile crosses Ozz's face for a moment as he pats his own warhammer. "Aye. Ah think yer hammer'd be better sooted fer ya than mine!" he chuckles with a wink at the paladin. "As far's the gems goo, Ah dinnae nothin' boot tha'. We cood get 'em appraised next time we're in a real town, Ah'd say."

26. - Top - End - #476

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz replaces the kukri and then asks, "I'm a little tired after that bout as well, shall we find somewhere to rest or should we press on?" Seeing as Daffyd is having trouble standing, Kaz offers him a potion of cure light wounds.

27. - Top - End - #477

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Karos puts his hand on Kaz's shoulder and says, "Keep your potions for now, St. Cuthbert has plenty of blessing to go around today. A fine group I have picked up travelling with, it is my pleasure to distribute His blessing." Karos will move first to Daffyd and lays his hands on him, allowing his divine power to flow into his companion. After that he will move to Dagg and see if he needs healing as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll use my previous heal if that is ok...I think it was +7hp

and another for Dagg if he wants/needs

CLW:(1d8+2)[4]

That leaves me with a domain spell and 2 cure minors if anyone needs them

28. - Top - End - #478

It is around afternoon when you are ready to go again, altough it's hard to tell, since the sun barely shines through the high trees of this haunted forest. Liittle is known about the Borderlands, but you suspect that you may find a village by the end of the day, or at least a safe place to sleep, should you decide to march on.

Karos heals Daffyd and Dagg, who sustained the most injury during the fight with the Drerch. (after the healing Dagg is at 10, Daffyd is at 8, if I'm correct.)

Dagg is not a real expert with gemstones, but from the tales he heard from his clan's elders about lost rteasures of the Undershot clan, he believes these gems worth at least a hunderd gold pieces each.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Seeing no way to accurately judge the gem's worth (and knowing that his own judgement in these matters is woefully inadequate) Dagg pockets the gem, muttering "About a hundred each... a pretty penny in any case," to no one in particular.

Dagg nods appreciatively to Karos for healing him. "You healing me... That won't bind me by any chance to your immortal masters in the planes above, will it? Because I'd rather not be lieged to some sort of jesterly god of pranks. I take a dim view of such things, you know. A dwarf's life is one thing, but being bound into the service of something that I know is going to screw me over..." He continues ranting for a while, then forgets what he is talking about. He blinks twice and looks back at Karos. Anyway, thanks."

30. - Top - End - #480

BardGuy

Kaz

Before they take to the road again, Kaz spends a little time practicing with his kukri, attempting to use his natural speed more with his slashes. Afterword, he asks Ozz for any pointers on marksmanship. I won't let myself get knocked out again like that.

As they walk for awhile, Kaz turns to the cleric. "Karos, I heard you say that your God is one of divine retribution? Like he supports causes of revenge?"
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2008-03-08 at 01:53 PM.