Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1070

Thread: The messengers

1. - Top - End - #991
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The messengers

Dagg

Dagg follows behind the others, already cursing himself for letting his guard down again and forgetting his armor. He circles around the snake, intent on blocking it's escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 12. HP: 33

Dagg's gonna get to the other side of the snake, using a hustle action if necessary. If it isn't, than he attacks:
    Initiative Roll - (1d20+2)[17]
    Attack Roll - (1d20+7)[15] (He gets his normal melee attack bonus if he isn't attacking with both weapons, right? Otherwise, subtract 2)
    Damage Roll - (1d10+3)[12]
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Butch

Butch explodes into action at the sound of Vanwa’s scream. The daggers that flash into his hands not nearly so grim looking as the expression on his face as he flies towards the snake-creature.

Initiative: (1d20+3)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Butch and Kaz reach first to the lake monster. It is a constrictor boa of some soret, but you've never seen such a big snake before.

Carefully, not to hit Vanwa, Kaz attacks the snake, and hits it with his kukri. Butch gets his dagger, and tries to peel down the snake from the elf, but the anaconda is made of tough material.

Unwilling to let it's prey get away, the snake pulls Vanwa to the ground, and slowly tries to get back to the deeper waters. Right now you're standing ina knee-deep water, altough it's a slight problem for Vanwa, fighting for every single breath, as the snake pulled her down. The beast also try to get it's grip tighter, and a painful scream coming from Vanwa let's you now that the anaconda succeeded. (5 damage to Vanwa).

Dagg gets to the other side of the snake, and tries to block it's path, while Dafydd rushes in the water, almost stumbling in his heavy armor, and missing the snake completely.

(Dagg could't get an attack this turn, but can use the rolls for the next one.)
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #994

BardGuy

Kaz
    HP: 12 AC: 16
    Kaz moves to the side of the snake as best he can in the water, trying to get into a flanking position. He then slashes at the snake again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (d20+2)[16] (+2 more if flanking) damage: (d4+1)[5] sneak attack if applicable: (d6)[2]

5. - Top - End - #995

Butch

Butches moves to a more advantageous position and unloads on the snake, unleashing a flurry of brutal yet precise slashes in an attempt to sever the creature's spine and free Vanwa.

Attack on hand: (1d20+7)[23]
    Attack off hand: (1d20+7)[12]

Damage on hand: [roll]1d4+1d6+5[/roll]
    Damage off hand: [roll]1d4+1d6+5[/roll]
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996

Damage on hand: (1d4+5)[7]
    Sneak attack dmg on hand: (1d6)[4]

Damage off hand: (1d4+2)[4]
    Sneak Attack dmg off hand: (1d6)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #997

Dafydd
    HP: 28 AC: 16

Alarmed, Dafydd sheathes his sword and attempts to take Vanwa by the arms and pull her away from the snake, or at least keep her head above water. "Unhand her, beast!"

Spoiler
    Show
    grapple - (1d20+5)[21] if applicable
    strength - (1d20+3)[23] if applicable
    Proud Happy Biscuit (TM) salesman

avatar: Fence the gypsy halfling rogue by Sampi

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

*splutter, gurgle*

9. - Top - End - #999

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Karos, not finding much room to maneuver and feeling that his warmace isn't the best option to be swinging near his entangled new companion, opts to help Dafydd extract Vanya from the snakes grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another:(1d20+2)[14]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2009-08-27 at 05:34 AM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg finally attacks, trying to distract the snake from his allies. "Not another one! We're not another damned friend to this cursed mission!" He begins working himself up to that blind level of unseeing anger he fights in.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 33, AC: 12

I'll use the previous roll. Not entering a rage quite yet.
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

11. - Top - End - #1001

The snake tightens it's grip with terrible force, and Vanwa would sceam in pain when she feels her left shoulder dislocated, the only thing stopping her from that is the fact that she's underwater most times. (6 damage, she's at -2!)

Just when she passes out from the pain, and being unable to breathe, the precise daggers of Kaz and Butch slice deep into the snake, and Dafydd and Karos can free the elf girl quickly. The deciding moment was Dagg's axe hitting the spine of the creature with brute force.

The snake, heavily wounded and stripped from it's prey, quickly turns back and in a matter of seconds, disappears in the lake, altough the abundance of blood in it's trails might suggest that it won't get far.

Vanwa is uncoscious, naked, but securely held by Dafydd.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

12. - Top - End - #1002

BardGuy

Kaz

"Whew, snakes gone for now". Seeing the bleeding form of Vanwa, Kaz hastily reaches into his belt and produces a potion. He then holds her head up and pours it down her throat (or however an unconcious person drinks a potion). "This oughta help."

Cure light wounds potion: (d8+1)[7]

Afterwards, and with a few more pointers from Ozz, Kaz finally feels like he can shoot arrows more accurately. (Level 3 Feat: Point Blank Shot)

13. - Top - End - #1003

Butch

Butch fights down the urge to pursue the snake and utterly destroy it and turns to his fallen friend. He is greatly relieved when Kaz is able to heal her but quickly grabs his cloak and shoulders his way forward, carefully wrapping Vanwa in it. Back off feller's, give the lass a bit o' privacy.
    Last edited by Truwar; 2009-09-02 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1004

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

After Karos is sure that the snake has retreated for good he turns to head the other way, hoping to give Vanya some privacy.

After Vanya has her clothes back on, he offers to administer some healing if she is still feeling the effects of her encounter with the snake.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa opens her eyes, coughing up water. Feeling the ground safely under her, she smiles weakly at the others. "Thank you....That thing came out of nowhere." She coughs some more, still hurt and bleeding, so she gratefully accepts Karos' offer of healing. She pats Butch' hand, recognizing his cloak around herself, and smiles.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg runs a few steps into the water to chase after the snake, but thinks better of it once he's chest deep. He walks back, checking that Vanwa is being cared for by the others, and spares a few words before going back to don his armor. "This isn't the right kind of place for a snake that big. We can't let our guard down here." Despite his warning, his mood seems much better than in the morning.

17. - Top - End - #1007

With Vanwa saved from the sea monster, you can continue your journey. Ozzgar have already found the correct way while you were bathing, and leads you into the forest again. The small ranger navigates you confidently. By the second half of the second day, you notice the trees getting taller and thicker every mile to the point that you can barely see their top and the whole forest becomes so dark as it was already dusk.

You now enough about elf towns to know that this probably indicates a very huge town being located just ahead of you. Dafydd probably was wondering about where the guards are, when you hear something from above, and as you look up, you realize that a large net was thrown down on you.

DC18 Reflex save to avoid being caught in the net.

18. - Top - End - #1008

BardGuy

Kaz

We better be getting close...I'm not sure how much longer these rations will hold out. Looking up, Kaz sees the net and attempts to dodge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex:(d20+6)[13]

19. - Top - End - #1009

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos

Staring intently at the trees and brush around the forest floor, Karos does not notice the net until he feels its weight on top of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex:(1d20+1)[2]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2009-09-15 at 02:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

(My computer where my character sheet was stored has died, so I am not sure what Vanwa's reflex save is. Could you roll for me, Amanodel? Do you still have my sheet? I haven't been able to upgrade it either.)

21. - Top - End - #1011

Dafydd

Dafydd watches the net descend with some enthusiasm "I knew we were getting close!"

Spoiler
    Show
    reflex - (1d20+3)[19]

22. - Top - End - #1012

Butch

Figuring the net is of elven-make and suspecting his appearance might be the reason for the net, Butch does not even try to dodge out of the way of the falling entanglement. He hopes this will keep the elves from using less pleasant ways of restraint on him.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg retains his good mood, right up until the elves betray us again.

"Damnable traitorous sons of dogs!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save - (1d20+3)[15]

24. - Top - End - #1014

(rolled for Vanwa, she made it.)

As the net falls down from the trees, it's interesting that the two elves of the party, Dafydd and Vanwa were the only ones to avoid being caught in it.

It was indeed the work of the elf guards, you see them showing up on the trees with their bows at the ready.

As they see that some of you didn"t even resist the capture, their behaviour is clearly not hostile towards you, and they are looking at the agile Dafydd, and ask the short question: "State your name and your business!" - like in the previous case before, the leader of the guard spoke in elf language.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Dafydd

At the familiar greeting, Dafydd mumbles to his companions, "Ah, bureaucracy..."

elven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Friend and ally of my kin, my name is Dafydd Fennswyth. My companions and I come to these lands on a mission of grave import. We seek to arrange an alliance between the folk of this land and the humans from the east, against the Burubu invasion. We must speak to the princes and leaders of these lands at once, for time grows short even as we speak."

Dafydd does his best to sound grave, earnest, and worthy of attention.
    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy - (1d20+8)[22]
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2009-09-17 at 08:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa dodges out of the way of the net, and looks up at the guards, apprehensively, holding her hands out to her sides to show she's no threat. Casting a worried glance towards Butch caught in the net, she hopes they won't fire upon her big friend. She listens to Daffyd speak, while trying to count how many elves have them surrounded.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg casually reaches into his backpack and pulls out a throwing ax, maintaining eye contact with the leader of the elven ambushing party the entire time.

"Dafydd, are they with the guys who tried to steal from us last night?" I'm getting sick of being ambushed by elves. Say the word...

28. - Top - End - #1018

Dafydd

Dafydd replies "No, these are the border guard for the city...the one we've been trying to get to all this time. At least, I'm relatively sure. Hopefully I won't commit some awkward faux pas and get us all killed, eh?"

29. - Top - End - #1019

Butch

Easy Dagg, if these ‘er tha local law-men, we don’t want ta go ‘en giv’em the wrong idea. Ya got yerself a nice set o’ axes but I don’t think ye ken cut us outta this enchanted forest…
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg breathe heavily for a while, but seeing as the death of the party does not seem to be imminent, he lowers his axes again and glares at the elves. "I'm getting sick of this. I need to get out of this place."