Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,070 of 1070

Thread: The messengers

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The messengers

Dagg

Dagg groans and clutches his head. He recovers a moment later, his mood even more soured. "They probably could have. They just like to see us walk."

He shoulders his pack heavily and takes his place in the group. "No offense Dafydd, but I'll be glad to leave this place behind. By the way, we forgot to tell them to stop kidnapping those lumberjacks."
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa sighs. "I didn't get a chance to find out anything about my mother...Maybe she's not from here..."

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Kaz

"I wouldn't worry too much about it Vanwa. We'll be back, after all. Dagg, do you recognize this area?" Kaz points at the location on the map the elf gave them.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dagg can recognize vaguely the area, and Ozzgar quickly finds out the direction you need to start. Ozz also advices you to get the hell out of the elf forest as soon as possible, for it's creepy.

If noone objects, the goblin ranger will lead you onwards.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Butch

Butch sighs and hefts his massive quarterstaff, fumbling in his beltpouch for a cigar as he follows the ranger. So... what'er you fellas up to then?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg looks startled for a moment, then remembers that no one had told Butch or Vanwa about the group's mission. Embarrassed, he begins to explain the mission to gather the races for war, the fight with the lumberjacks and its aftermath, and the ring the group found.
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

7. - Top - End - #1057

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz lets Dagg explain the mission. Afterwards, he says "It's a pretty dangerous mission as well. You two are welcome to come along as far as I'm concerned, but if you'd prefer we can make a stop at the nearest town and drop you two off."

8. - Top - End - #1058

The way out of the forest is quick, as if the forest itself wanted you to leave. Ozzgar murmurs about damned elf magics.

You head to the Northeast, to the dwarven lands. After two days the forest is behind you, and the terrain starts to change. higher and higher hills emerge, but at least, you spot a village from a hilltop. It lies in a peaceful-looking valley, and you judge that you could get there before nightfall.

The weather is pleasant, the sun shines, undisturbed by bigger cloads, and a gentle warm wind blows.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

9. - Top - End - #1059

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz lets out a barely audible sigh as he sees the village. He seems a bit tired.

"Seems pretty nice out. Who else feels like a warm bed and a hot meal?"

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

"I would, but my pockets are emptier than a giant's conscience. I was hoping we could get some cash from the elves for the road ahead, but..." He looks back, and shakes his head sadly at the trees. "Maybe I could make some quick gold in the town."

I miss Fury. Shouldn't've left him behind.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa tries to imagine what a real bed would feel like, then shrugs. "I have that mithril..."

12. - Top - End - #1062

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz shakes his head. "Let's save that mithril for soemthing more valuable. I have enough coins to get us at least a cheap room."

13. - Top - End - #1063

Butch

Butch puffs reflectively on one of his ever-present cigars as he counts out the money tossed to him by the elves for his juggling performance. After determining how much money he has he sidles up to Vanwa and whispers to the petite elven woman.

Well, missy, we gonna hitch arr mule ta these fellers 'n their mission o' mercy or are we gonna roll on?
    Last edited by Truwar; 2010-03-23 at 04:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa looks at Butch, shrugging a little. [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]"I wanted to go to the elves...But they don't seem to want me. Threw me out with the rest of the group. So I don't know. I really wanted to find out if my mother had any relatives alive still. Maybe I have family." [/COLOR]She chews her lower lip and looks back towards the elven forest. "Well....if they don't want me, I guess I can help with this mission. I mean...if I can."

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

"You're welcome at least as long as I'm here, and I doubt anyone else objects either." Dagg sighs as the group marches toward the town. "Looks like I'll have to dip into my reserve. Out of rations, too. This adventuring business is nothing like it was in the old days, when my grandfather was on the road. Couldn't go ten feet without stumbling over a dragon's hoard, or ancient temple, or the like, according to him."

16. - Top - End - #1066

The journey towards the village is rather pleasant. There is a lot of cultivated fields in the area, but strangely, nobody is working on the fields. You can find different vegetables and fruits, and yo can get some to yourselves to help your growing hunger. The farmlands look somewhat neglected, and nobody's around.

17. - Top - End - #1067

BardGuy

Kaz

Despite his unhappy stomach, Kaz refrains from taking any of the food. It's a nice day, but the farmers aren't farming? I don't trust this place.

Kaz looks around for something that might resemble an inn or tavern.

18. - Top - End - #1068

You don't find anyone until you reach the village. You can spot it from far, that there are people in the village, so the whole place isn't abandoned as you first may have believed.

Upon entering the village, the villagers look upon you untrustingly, but none of them seemingly has the courage to address you.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

"I don't think we're going to be well-liked here." Dagg tries to address the villagers. "Hey! Is there anywhere we can buy some supplies, or an inn to stay the night?"

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanwa keeps close to Butch while they walk through the village. She looks around for a tavern or an inn, any place they might get some food and a bed. Still disappointed after being rejected by the elves, she sighs. These villagers didn't seem too friendly either. Must be the war making people so distrusting.