New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The messengers

1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: The messengers

Kaz

Kaz sees the creature come to him and nimbly dodges its attack. For a brief moment he seems unsure whether to draw his kukri or to continue the arrow assault. Deciding on the later, he moves backwards slightly and fires an arrow at the creature directly in front of him.

HP:12 AC: 16
    (ooc: to clarify, he just 5 foot stepped backwards and shot at the thing that attacked him)
    Attack: (d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (d6+1)[2]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Round 3--> HP: 12/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

"OOCH! Ya shood nae ha' doon tha'!" Two more arrows from his quiver are quickly lauched at the thing that bit him after a quick-step away.

Spoiler
    Show
    5'-Step away, Full-Attack Action: Rapid Shot + Point Blank Shot.
    Arrow#1: (1d20+6)[8]
    Arrow#2: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage#1: (1d6+2)[8]
    Damage#2: (1d6+2)[4]
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-11 at 07:13 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #93

Lorrick

HP: 19
    AC: 15

It's been too long since I fought for something other than sport. Let them dodge this!

Lorrick swings again at the creature he wounded.

Attack: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

Again, he applies his dodge modifier to the creature he struck, unless it is dead.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Without any hesitation, Dagg turns around, and with an amazing blow, he first chops off the beast's hand, than leaks it's skull with the second strike. The dwarf is covered in dark, almost brown blood.

Kaz steps away from his attacker, and fires another arrow at the monster. But the shot was hurried, and he badly misses the gibberling. It runs after the archer, but Kaz can evade it's attack.

Ozzgar jumps back as well, but even the skilled goblin can't take a good aim on the raging monster, and misses both times. The beast hurls itself after Ozz, but the ranger managed to dodge.

Surrounded by two gibberlings, Lorrick still stands his ground. With a powerful strike, he beheads the already wounded beast. The remaining gibberling attacks Lorrick, but the human parries the beast's claws.

Cannol strikes again, but the dense fog again tricked the druid's aim, and he misses. However, he's still unnoticed by the monsters.

Daffyd attacks the gibberling, and cuts a deep wound into the beast. It howls, spitting out blood, and attacks the paladin with unexpected ferocity. Daffyd can't even move as the beasts wicked claws tore a deep wound into his forearm (5 damage), altough he managed to avoid the beast's foul bite.

Eammon draws his sword, and attacks the monster fighting with Ozzgar, who stands nearby. His attack is swift, and injures the beast badly.

Four gibberlings remain, currently fighting with: Kaz, Ozzgar (injured), Lorrick, Daffyd (injured).

Dagg (20) 30" away from the wagon
    Kaz (17)
    Ozzgar (16)
    Lorrick (14) 30" away from the wagon
    Cannol (12)
    Dafydd (11)
    Gibberlings (6)
    Eammon (5)
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg hesitates only long enough to locate the nearest enemy, then charges once again, ax held high and wordlessly screaming in rage.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC:12
    HP:16

Dagg is charging at the nearest gibberling he can see, if he can see one. If not, he'll just move towards the last person who spoke (which, it appears, is Ozzgar).

Spot - (1d20+2)[4]
    Attack Roll - (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage - (1d10+5)[15]
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Round 4--> HP: 12/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

Ozz tosses his bow behind him, safely next to the wagon, and yanks his warhammer from his belt. The goblin swings two-handed, hoping to finish the creature off in a single blow. "Tha's enoof, beastie! Ye're doon!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Weapon: Free Action.
    Draw Weapon: Move Action.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage#1: (1d6+1)[2]
    Where o where have my die-rolls gone?
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-11 at 07:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

BardGuy

Kaz

HP: 12 AC: 16

Kaz repeats his strategy by stepping backwards, closer to the wagon. He breathes deeply, concentrates on the monster, and lets another arrow fly.

Attack: (d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (d6+1)[6]

8. - Top - End - #98

Lorrick

Well, now that was something. One more time!

Lorrick turns to the other one, and attacks.

Attack: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Cannol

(For some reason this always happens no matter which druid or what level I use whenever they cast magic stone)

Cannol tries his final stone with frustration on his features, barking a hoarse order to his badger, the small brute relishing the fact that it can finally make an attack.

As the badger charges (yes charges) out of the underbrush snorting and growling like it swallowed a bee, the druid lets fly his remaining enchanted stone while questioning why he even bothered...

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic stone attack (1d20+4=18)

Hmm. maybe that one may hit after all. anyway, the badger is charging, assuming there's a straight line between it an a pesky gibberling. He's not being picky about which one as long as it's still alive.

CHARGE! (1d20+4=15) (I did not add the +2 to attack it would get from charging, assuming it can't, but if it can, the attack's a 17)

Damages:
    Stone:magic stone (1d6+1=4)
    Badger: claw (1d2-1=1)

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #100

Eammon

Though feeling out is his element in hand to hand combat, Eammon continues to attack the furry beast with Ozz.

"Stand together Master goblin! We should be able to at least hold it off."

Spoiler
    Show

AC 17 with mage armor

Attack (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage (1d8+1)[8]

Crit Confirm (1d20+3)[23]
    Crit Damage [roll]1d8+1)[/roll]

But it looks as though Eammon is being a little tentative when the claws and teeth are right in his face.
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-09-11 at 11:50 AM.
    Arena Initiate Referee

11. - Top - End - #101

Dafydd

"You call that a wound, cretin?" Dafydd grins at the gibberling, "I've suffered worse from studying parchment!" Dafydd whips his sword back around for a killing blow. "The battle is almost ours friends! Keep your spirits to the last!"

Spoiler
    Show
    If the gibberling he's wounded is still alive by his turn, Dafydd will use goad at it and thwack it.

attack - (1d20+6)[13]
    damage - (1d20+3)[16]

oops, too much damage. I don't think it's a hit though...I'll roll one in ooc anyway.

If the gibberling is dead, he will attempt to find Dagg, move next to him (if he's within 20 ft.) and heal him for 4 hp.

spot - (1d20+3)[9]
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2007-09-11 at 03:54 PM.
    Proud Happy Biscuit (TM) salesman

avatar: Fence the gypsy halfling rogue by Sampi

12. - Top - End - #102

Dagg rushes back towards te wagon to help out the archers. With a gigantic blow, he smashes one of the gibberlings' head with his axe from behind. The help for Ozzgar came just in time.

Kaz didn't have a saviour, so he needed keep on firing, altough he missed the quick moster once again.

Ozzgar tried to help him out, but even the usually reliable aim of the goblin failed him this time.

Lorrick spins around, and attacked with great skill, cutting deep into the monsters arm raised in defense.

Cannol's last magically enhanced stone finally hits, and causes heavy damage to the giberling attacking Kaz. The druid's badger stikes out from the foliage as well, and assaults the same gibberling, biting it hard.

Daffyd attacks his opponents, but somehow the gibberling managed to dodge the strike. It attacks back, hitting the paladin on the face with it's wicked claws (3 damage).

The wounded gibberling attacks Kaz again, but misses. Eammon attacks it with his sword, but the magician's thrust is weak, and the monster easily dodges.

Three foes remain: One is fighting with Kaz, sourrounded by Kaz, Eammon, Ozzgar, and the badger. One is fighting face-to face with Daffyd, one with Lorrick. All three gibberlongs are injured, but they are not willing to abandon the fight.

Dagg (20)
    Kaz (17)
    Ozzgar (16)
    Lorrick (14) 30" away from the wagon
    Cannol (12)
    Dafydd (11)
    Gibberlings (6)
    Eammon (5)

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

13. - Top - End - #103

Eammon

Eammon is emboldened by the comrades standing by him in the fight, Kaz, Ozz, and the badger!

He shouts, "Press the attack! These fiends give no quarter!"

If the monster in front of him is still standing he stabs at it
    Spoiler
    Show

AC 17 with mage armor

Attack (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage (1d8+1)[7]

Crit Confirm (1d20+3)[11]
    Crit Damage (1d8+1)[6]
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-09-12 at 11:34 AM. Reason: clarification of attack
    Arena Initiate Referee

14. - Top - End - #104

BardGuy

Kaz

HP:12 AC:16
    Kaz laughs at the poor creature in front of him, drops his bow, draws his kukri, and attempts to stab it. "Thanks for the help guys; these things have almost had it!"

Attack: (d20+2)[10] (if i'm flanking this is +2)
    Damage: (d4+1)[5]
    Sneak attack: (I think this thing is flanked, if it isn't then ignore) (d6)[6]
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2007-09-12 at 09:38 AM. Reason: forgot to put in hp/ac

15. - Top - End - #105

Lorrick

HP: 19
    AC: 15 (w/o dodge)

Lorrick attacks again.. resolved to finish this.

Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]

If Lorrick kills the creature he attacks, he will use his movement to return to the wagon, and approach any remaining creatures. He will apply his dodge modifier to whatever creature is closest.

If Lorrick does not kill the creature he is attacking, he will stay by it and apply his dodge modifier to it.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg notices Ozzgar and looks almost ready to attack him too, but manages to identify him before striking. Instead, he looks around again to see the nearest enemy and charges into the fray again.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC:12 HP:16

Moving toward the enemy that the rest of the group is fighting, and attacking with both weapons.

Main Attack - (1d20+4)[6]
    Main Damage - (1d10+5)[14]
    Off-Hand Attack - (1d20+3)[6]
    Off-Hand Damage - (1d10+5)[9]
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    Round 5--> HP: 12/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

Ozz twirls the warhammer in his hands for just a moment, then quickly swings at the creature. "Aye! We've got it, noo!" he calls to his companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    We ought to have 2 sets of flanks going!
    Attack: (1d20+6)[8]; if no flank, -2 to roll.
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Ugh! Just...ugh.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-12 at 08:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Dafydd
    HP: 13 AC: 18

Dafydd stands firm, maintaining his commanding presence, though you can clearly see his face and armor smeared with his own blood from his wounds. "What's this then, a pin prick? he jeers at his foe. "I'll show you a wound, beast!" He gives a shout as he whips his longsword ferociously at the fell creature in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same tactic as last time, goad the critter, hack at it. If it's dead by his turn, he'll move to and attack any remaining. If all are dead, he'll restore 4 hp to Dagg.

attack - (1d20+6)[16]
    damage - (1d8+3)[11]

p.s. sorry I'm late guys

19. - Top - End - #109

With a skillful strike, Lorrick finishes off his opponent, and moves to help the others.

Daffyd smashes the gibberling's skull with a final attack as well.

The only remaining gibberling seems to be tougher than the others. It evades the attacks of Kaz, Ozzgar and Dagg, and strikes back, aiming for the goblin. It's clawed paw hits the goblin on the shoulder, dislocating the shoulder of Ozzgar (5 damage). Luckily, Eammon is close, and the elf thrusts his sword into the heart of the beast, killing it finally.

All the gibberlings are dead, and the forest road falls into silence again.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg stops moving completely and it is quite obvious that he is forcing himself to calm down after his rage. When he is done, he cleans his axes on the gibberlings' skin.

"Well, that was fun. Anyone reckon there'll be any success in looking for survivors from the wagon?"

He pointedly ignores his wounds.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    HP: 7/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

The red-skinned goblin seems quite the worse for wear, grimacing somewhat from the pain. With a red cloth, he tries to stanch his wounds somewhat. "Aye! Fun. Bast'rds," he grumbles as he spits on the carcass of the one that clawed him.

"Ah've little 'ope o' tha', Dagg, but Ah'll take a luke 'roun, nae?" Ozz moves off towards the edge of the clearing, scanning the ground intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+7)[23]; looking around for signs of people.
    Survival: (1d20+9)[10]; looking for tracks leading to or away from the clearing.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-14 at 08:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Lorrick

I doubt it. IF there were survivors, and IF they managed to escape, and IF they are still alive, they probably ran as fast as possible without stopping until they found aid. And IF we were being paid to find survivors, it might make sense to search. But we're not. I say we search the wagon for anything usable, then find the closest high ground and set up a camp for the night, something we can defend.

Lorrick glances around the group, and then starts scanning what he can still see of the distance, trying to find high ground.

23. - Top - End - #113

Eammon

Eammon says, "Good work all. Master Goblin, you must tell me how you loose your arrows with such speed. But you should take of your wounds before you do any more scouting and there be more of these beasts about."

"It can't be a good sign that such foul creatures are so close to our lords land. Do the invaders have something to do with these Gibberlings?" He pokes the dead body with his sword.

"Father told me they were descended from a Dwarf that was cursed long ago. No offense intended Dagg..."

Suddenly Eammon's face changes as he looks at the creature. He steps a few feet to the side and vomits.

After he recovers, the raven flies to his shoulder. Eammon says with a grave look, "Til now, I had only shot at game."
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-09-14 at 11:53 AM.
    Arena Initiate Referee

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    HP: 16/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

While searching the ground, Ozz pulls a vial from his pack and throws the contents down his throat like a shot of whiskey. As he walks the bite and claw wounds close themselves up, sealing as if never having existed."My thanks for the reminder, Master Eammon. Watch yourself. First battle is always the hardest." he says in the elf's language. "Ah've gotta say we di' ferly weel. Nasty boogers got a coople o' good hits on me, tho'. 'S far as how ta shoot, Ah'd be more'n happy ta give ya pinters. It's a reflex thin' moostly," the goblin says without ever taking his eyes from the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion, CLW: (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-14 at 01:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz surveys the battlefield quickly, then sheathes his kukri and picks his bow back up. "Heh, we did pretty well there. Way to work together guys. That fog was a bit of trouble, but we made do." He looks at Eammon and nods understandingly. "Don't worry about it. I did the same thing the first time I had to kill a man." Kaz's eyes drift to the side, as though he is remembering something he would like to forget. "Anyways, just remember that they tried to kill us, and they likely killed the poor people driving this wagon. These beasts deserved their fate."

Looking to his comrades, Kaz cracks his usual smile. "If anyone needs a potion, I can spare one. Little thing actually thought it could hit me." Kaz frowns slightly at Dagg. "You might want to fix yourself up a bit Dagg. Those things got a good piece of you."
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2007-09-14 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

"Well, not as fun as felling giants, but still, a satisfying kill. I'll be right as rain with a good night's sleep." He looks at Eammon with concern. "If it helps, these things aren't too far from being animals themselves. Crazy, crazy animals. Whatever any being did to deserve a fate like this..."

He looks sadly at the corpses strewn about, then visibly shakes himself.

27. - Top - End - #117

Looking around in the wagon, you find that anything consumable was taken away. What remains is a crate with clothes and a small, locked metal box, weighing about a few pounds.

The recent battle almost totally destroyed the tracks. There are no survivors from the wagon around, and examining the wagon, you find that the ropes around the horses were chewed. Not tor or cut, but chewed upon. It makes you wonder if the gibberling have eaten the two horses as well.

28. - Top - End - #118

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz notes the small box with curiousity. "If you guys would like, I'll take care of that box for you." I haven't gotten to pick something open in awhile. "Let's be ready though. My dad once told me that anything can pop out of these."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC- I'll wait until I'm given an ok by the party to open it.

29. - Top - End - #119

Eammon

Eammon feeling a little better tries to offer helpfully, "Indeed Kaz, these Gibberlings be an omen of bad things to come. If I may Kaz, I can detect the presence of magical wards on the box before you chance it."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

If all agree, I'll cast Detect Magic before Kaz Trap/Disable checks.
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-09-14 at 06:23 PM.
    Arena Initiate Referee

30. - Top - End - #120

Dafydd

Dafydd looks up and around him after he fells the creature. He sees Eammon skillfully strike the final gibberling down, and subsequently lets the adrenaline fade, seeing no further threat. He makes a quick count of his companions and checks for wounds, feeling a sharp stinging on his own face and torso. He notices Ozz down a potion and restore his vitality, and proceeds to Dagg, still in some bad shape, and reaches out to the area of a particularly nasty wound on his person. "The blessing of Corellan Larethian upon you," he whispers in elven, and some of the wounds begin to close and the bleeding quickly clots. Wincing again from his injuries, he quickly quaffs a potion of his own, and feels instantly relieved. "Certainly, friends, you have all fought valiantly. I pity those poor creatures, whatever they may be, but I doubt highly good will come of showing them burial rights. Best to leave such matters with the forest, though I will say a prayer before we leave. Kaz, Eammon, we might as well see what is inside that box if possible. Certainly it will find no use to anyone out here. I fear Lorrick is correct about our chance of finding survivors. Again, well fought, all, I commend you on your valor. With that he wipes his blade clean on the grass, sheathes it, and stands alertly to the side, watching for any more gibberlings that may come.

Spoiler
    Show
    potion - (1d8+1)[5]