New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

As the arcane power of your dragonsight amplifies your senses, you notice a prescence North of you at 115ft away. You sense as his face moves, probably a smile.

"Huh, I see you are rather competent. I didn't expect you to know that spell. Well 3 seconds left before I start trying"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

“There isn’t a single spell I don’t know.” Dursurayss said bluntly, letting Soul of the Frost know just what level of mage he was dealing with at this moment. Admittedly, Dursurayss was able to cheat, as his magical age process seemed to allow him to learn whatever spells he desired, and he could un-age and re-age himself pretty much at will. But, just because he didn’t know every single spell at any one time... didn’t change that fact that yes. He did know every spell. He knew every spell that existed.

And now he was going to put this into practice as he cast one final spell within this 6-second burst. Hail of Stones. Spell Resistance was useless against it. It hit an area, so abilities such as Friendly Fire and Spell Turning were useless against it, and the damage was raw, pure damage. Unaffected by the elements, meaning that no immunity to them would grant you protection from this strike.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cunning Surge x2, replacing the standard and move action I have already used this turn. 116 Inspiration points remaining.

Silent. Still. Invisible. Empowered. Hail of Stones. Using Reserves of Strength to pop the Damage Cap. CL = 29. 1 Spell Point used. 506 remaining.
    HoS - (43d4)[95] Self Damage - (5d6)[20] - 6444 THP remaining.
    Last edited by anonomas321; 2018-04-26 at 02:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Another one of the runes of the Soul shines bright before disappearing, before in a place where he would have been crushed, he takes a step and gets out of the area affected by the rocks. "I am no rookie, don't expect such a basic spell to go uncountered."

OOC: Sorry for the late update, been having trouble with my internet connection, probably will be fixed by the weekend.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-04-25 at 06:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304

Dursurayss nearly shouted in frustration when his attack failed again.

He knew that fighting against the members of the DDC wasn’t exactly going to be an easy take, there were, after all, amongst the most powerful people in the entire damn multiverse. With their martial plane being one of the most powerful in existence, and their own power being the best of the best of this plane... but he hadn't expected it to be this damn difficult just to even hit the damn guy! Especially as he wasn’t the teleporter!

But, fine. If the Soul of the Frost was going to be taking that attitude. Then Dursurayss was taking kid gloves off.

A flap of his wings would have Dursurayss rapidly closing the distance between himself and the Soul of the Frost, the steel dragon very curious about how close Dursurayss could get to the Soul of the Frost before he would react... and halfway there, the invisible mote of energy hovering next to his wings would launch an invisible bolt of divine fire at his foe.

Show
    Cunning Surge, 3 Inspiration Points Spent. Standard Action > Move Action. Moving 110ft or so to end adjacent to the Soul of the Frost.
    Free Action: Holy Star. Level 56 Spell. Touch Attack - (1d20+1158)[1159] If it hits, I do 22002 Fire & Divine Damage. Soul of the Frost takes a -2 Penalty to Will Saves, a -4 Penalty to Strength, reduce the DCs of all the Spells, SLA’s and Supernatural Abilities by 2, 1 Negative Level, and if Living they are Deafened for 1 round and Shaken for 1 Minute. Then they must make a DC 118 Will Save or become Blinded for 7494 rounds and take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round. Even if they succeed the Will save, they are still dazzled for the same amount of time.
    Additionally, this spell fully affects incorporeal creatures, as well as creatures on the Eternal or Shadow Plane

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

And lo did the skies darken. And lo did the royal family look up, and lo did the scribe do nothing, because he was dead seriously, and while Princess Priscilla was a sorceress superme, she was not a necromancer nonpareil, and thus couldn't do anything with his corpse. The Ninarator continued.

And at once a booming voice, as a red puppet with antlers flew in.

"Greetings mortals, for I am the demon Rragona..." The demon started.

Moose demon! Princess Priscilla started pointing at the red puppet.

"I am.." The demon attempted to clarify.

Moose demon. Old Kingsly added.

"I am."

Moose. Demon! Old Kingsly and Princess Priscilla added.

"Fine, fine." The moose demon let out sighing and crossing their arms. "But do I have a deal for you, Old Kingsly." He let out happily.

Prince Patrick however knew that something was strange. He was born with the knowlede of the planes. He knew that demons didn't do deals, but he was commanded to silence.

But he was not commanded to not interpretative dance.

And so did Prince Patrick perform the world's first dance. Using the power of rock to attempt to save his father's kingdom.

"Old Kingsly I can preserve your memory without all of that silly, writing for the rest of your life. You can rule, you can be a father. And what I want, all I require is a small piece of you." The moose demon snarled his antlers scrapping against the illusion ed ceiling.

Can you have a large piece of the scribe instead? Princess Priscilla pointed to the corpse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Dursurayss closes in with an incredible speed, you see as the Soul of the Frost has his cloak be lifted by the wind created by Dursurayss. As Dursurayss shoots the flaming bolt, the SotF seemingly notices it with relative ease and instead of dodging it, simply deflects the attack with the tip of his index finger. He aims it directly at the ground hitting it with the whole force of the fire bolt. As the bolt hits the ground, it creates a small crater in the battlefield, the flash of light created by it of such intensity that it was blinding to see it even through the thick fog that has been created.

The Breeze brothers take a small chuckle at the play seemingly entertained. While they are noticeably entertained, Mahdemnts thoughts noticeably drift elsewhere every couple of seconds as he blanks out seemingly concerned about something or just planning something. Meanwhile Aurons remains looking at the play as he twirls his facial hair which you presume is a mustache but could perfectly be overgrow nose hair. After about a minute, Mahdemnt regains focus, now focused on the play as if nothing else was in existence.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-04-28 at 01:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307

Whilst still frustrating that the attack from the Holy Star was as ineffective as the rest of the spell-driven attacks he had launched towards the Soul of Frost so far, it was not unexpected either. Plus, the attack had simply been made to distract the Soul of Frost, to occupy his attention both with the redirection of it, and the powerful boom that followed after he launched it down towards the ground. Dursurayss would close his eyes moments before the flash, timing it so he would close in towards the Soul of the Frost just as the flash began to fade.

Then, Dursurayss would stop fighting as a simple, yet powerful, spellcaster. And he would start fighting as a dragon. His neck lunging forwards as the steel dragon’s jaws opened wide. Intent on clamping down on the Soul of the Frost’s body. To rip and tear through his flesh, and strike him in a way that the other attacks so far have been unable to.

Show
    Cunning Surge, 3 Inspiration Points Spent. 110 Inspiration Points remaining.
    Standard Action: Bite Attack. Touch Attack - (1d20+2027)[2034] Damage - (1d8+3663)[3666] +3641 Acid, Cold & Electricity Damage, 3865 Fire Damage & 14674 Divine Damage

Foes damaged take a -2 Penalty to Will Saves, a -4 Penalty to Strength, reduce the DCs of all the Spells, SLA’s and Supernatural Abilities by 2, 2 Negative Levels, and if they are Living they are Deafened for 1 round and Shaken for 1 Minute. 2x Fort DC: 118 or stunned for 1 round and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round. 2x Reflex DC: 118 or knocked prone, and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round. 2x Will DC: 118 or Blinded for 56 rounds and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round, they are still Dazzled on a Success. The attack is applied in full to incorporeal creatures, as well as creatures on the Eternal or Shadow Plane, or within an extradimensional space. The damage ignores Fire & Cold Resistance, does half damage to those with immunities, and deals x2 damage to those with either the Fire or Cold Subtype.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Dursurayss closes in to attack SotF a rune of his glows and disappears in an instant. As it fizzles out, wings of Force envelop him blocking the attack. As the time pases and your 12 seconds are passing, you feel an ever growing sense of the power that the Soul has, even now without him having revealed his power, you get the feeling that it's something monstruous, you feel like he will reveal more power than the other members have yet to reveal. A power that could rival even gods.

9. - Top - End - #309

As the rune on Soul of the Frost flared to live, the magic residing within cast to block his attack, Dursurayss would react. One of the many spells he had cast on himself allowing him to react in an attempt to counter the Wings of Cover being used to block his attack attempt. However, being that Dursurayss did not yet have the talent to directly counter the spell, and instead had to try and dispel it completely before it could complete. The steel dragon was not successful and his bite blocked by those wings of force.

Which was a shame... but an important lesson all the same. As was the fact that the Soul of the Frost would neither flee from his approach, not use Walls of Force to flat out deny him from using melee strikes against him. Dursurayss had to wonder whenever this was because he did not have the ability to do so... or if the Soul of the Frost was simply testing to see what Dursurayss was capable of doing so. Either way, Dursurayss was going to press the attack now.

The shimmering whips of energy that had been wrapped around his arms the entire time now unwound themselves. Dursurayss bringing his full weaponry to bear as he would lash out against the Soul of the Frost. Blow after blow raining down on the Immoth as he tried to power through whatever defences the Soul of Frost might have. Hoping to burn through his runes before the 12 seconds would come to its end... although he still had a trick or two up his sleeve if he was not able too.

Show
    Counterspell Attempt via Dispel Magic. 3 Spell Points used, 503 Spell Points Remaining.
    Reserves of Strength does 14 damage to me. 6430 THP Remaining.

Round 1. End.
    Round 2. Full-Round Action: Full Attack. 8 attacks with Mystic Lash's. Level 56 Spell, Caster Level 3382 1 attack with a Bite. All vs Touch AC. +2014/+2009/+2004
    Whip 1 - (1d20+2014)[2021], Whip 2 - (1d20+2014)[2030], Whip 3 - (1d20+2014)[2015], Whip 4 - (1d20+2009)[2024], Whip 5 - (1d20+2004)[2009], Whip 6 - (1d20+2014)[2029], Whip 7 - (1d20+2009)[2016], Whip 8 - (1d20+2004)[2024], Bite 1 - (1d20+2027)[2044].
    Mystic Whip Lash does 18415 Acid, Cold & Electricity Damage, 18751 Fire Damage and 73825 Divine Damage. Bite does (1d8+3663)[3665] Damage +3641 Acid, Cold & Electricity Damage, 3865 Fire Damage & 14674 Divine Damage.

Foes damaged take a -2 Penalty to Will Saves, a -4 Penalty to Strength, reduce the DCs of all the Spells, SLA’s and Supernatural Abilities by 2, 2 (3 for Lash) Negative Levels, and if they are Living they are Deafened for 1 round and Shaken for 1 Minute. 2x (3x for Lash) Fort DC: 118 or stunned for 1 round and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round. 2x (3x for Lash) Reflex DC: 118 or knocked prone, and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round. 2x (3x for Lash) Will DC: 118 or Blinded for 56 rounds and they take a -2 penalty to attacks & checks for 1 round, they are still Dazzled on a Success. The attack is applied in full to incorporeal creatures, as well as creatures on the Eternal or Shadow Plane, or within an extradimensional space. The damage ignores Fire & Cold Resistance, does half damage to those with immunities, and deals x2 damage to those with either the Fire or Cold Subtype.

Last edited by anonomas321; 2018-05-02 at 07:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Dursurayss lashes out against the Soul of the Frost his runes glow again. Dursurayss hits unerringly with any and all attempts to dodge it being rendered futile with the flawless aim of Dursurayss, all hitting and tearing apart the SotF. As the attacks end the Soul looks at Dursurayss in pain but with a smile as he falls into a pile of melting snow. You then hear a loud voice come from some 300ft behind you. "Nice attacks Dursurayss, but you should have noticed when I swapped myself with that simulacrum. You have power, but you're sloppy. You're now an official member of the DDC, but if you want to continue the fun, let's keep going."

11. - Top - End - #311

The fact that the Soul of the Frost vanished into a pile of melting snow got a narrowing of the steel dragon’s eyes. Dursurayss already cottoning onto the fact that there was something wrong, even before the real Soul of the Frost spoke behind him. It was somewhat annoying that he missed the fact that his target had swapped himself out for an Ice Assassin mid-way through the fight. But in response to the Soul of the Frost pointing this fact out, Dursurayss would only shrug in response as he turned back to face the Immoth.

“To be fair, I am a five-year-old dragon who has never fought before in my life. Leaning about such tricks, and how to fight against them, is the precise reason that I’m joining the DDC.” With a shrug of his shoulders, Dursurayss would slowly glide back down towards the ground, speaking some more as he did so... the steel dragon now a lot more comfortable around the Soul of the Frost, getting the impression that the Soul of the Frost had a healthy respect for his magical power and abilities, even if he had a long way to go in terms of experience. “It doesn’t help that I forget to implement the Dragonsight spell within my demiplane in order to have it at the highest level of power. Still, I think I did a reasonable job. How exactly did you take note of the Mystic Shield spell I was using and is there any way to negate that form of perception? It would help significantly if foes who fight for keeps don’t have the same ability to know why their attacks are ineffective.”

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
    The fact that the Soul of the Frost vanished into a pile of melting snow got a narrowing of the steel dragon’s eyes. Dursurayss already cottoning onto the fact that there was something wrong, even before the real Soul of the Frost spoke behind him. It was somewhat annoying that he missed the fact that his target had swapped himself out for an Ice Assassin mid-way through the fight. But in response to the Soul of the Frost pointing this fact out, Dursurayss would only shrug in response as he turned back to face the Immoth.

“To be fair, I am a five-year-old dragon who has never fought before in my life. Leaning about such tricks, and how to fight against them, is the precise reason that I’m joining the DDC.” With a shrug of his shoulders, Dursurayss would slowly glide back down towards the ground, speaking some more as he did so... the steel dragon now a lot more comfortable around the Soul of the Frost, getting the impression that the Soul of the Frost had a healthy respect for his magical power and abilities, even if he had a long way to go in terms of experience. “It doesn’t help that I forget to implement the Dragonsight spell within my demiplane in order to have it at the highest level of power. Still, I think I did a reasonable job. How exactly did you take note of the Mystic Shield spell I was using and is there any way to negate that form of perception? It would help significantly if foes who fight for keeps don’t have the same ability to know why their attacks are ineffective.”
    The Soul does not seem surprised at Dursurayss's statement and with the smile a proud teacher would have says "I have a Greater Arcane Sight effect on myself. That's how, also it used to be one of Quid's favorite spells to use, we're old rivals you know, we know all the tricks the other uses and as such we are very familiar with such spells. After all, Quid knows every single standard spell in existence. Also, if I may ask, how exactly are you so powerful at that age, also while Steel dragons have an affinity for magic and dragons for intelligence, I have never seen one so powerful at that young an age." The Soul chuckles, "You remind me of an old foe, Lord of Wyrms Xzalvat’re. The most powerful being I have ever met, took the whole DDC to defeat him. An amazingly powerful force dragon even for his species."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Colossus in the Playground

"No. No I can not have a large piece of the scribe instead. In fact he doesn't even have anything I want anymore." The moose demon sighed.

Are you sure? I'm like 90% sure I can cook him as well. Do you prefer your meat rare, uncommon or common. Princess Priscilla adds as her puppet hands glow red

"First off, it's rare, medium rare, among others ending at welldone, not rare, uncommon, or common."

Pretty certain it ends in charcoal, I don't know what fancy cooking school you didn't actually go too, but I'm like 82 percent sure I can do charcoal, just alot of people don't like it.

Oh right you're not a person, my apologies, meteor swarm! Princess Priscilla added as four rocks dropped from the top of the play set.

KAboom, bfffff,,, woosh! The Ninarator continued as all puppets were thrown around.

Oh god what's happening! Old King Kingsly screamed to the audience.

"Jesus christ, woman what the **** is wrong with you, your body count is higher then mine right now!" Did the moose demon complain.

POWAH! UNLIMITED PWAH!!!!!!! I've got two more castings of this ****! Meteor swarm!

And lo did Prince Patrick dance. Wishing he could speak words of power, because holy **** were his organs on fire right now. And boy could he use a few dozen cure spells

Daughter......... Old King Kingsly remarked at the ruins. Can you think of one way you might have screwed up today.....

..... ****! I didn't ask him if he wanted icecream. I shouldn't have assumed he wanted it cooked, he might have wanted a frozen treat. I may have erred.

Okay two ways.... Princess Priscilla the puppet now looks at her dad. Was our guest immune to fire. I don't know what devils are immune to.

Hmmm. Okay, that one may be like twenty two point three percent my fault Princess Priscilla nodded her heead. Maybe 24.

Then a rock piece is telekinetic hurled up revealing the puppet of Moose demon.

"I.... Did not want a frozen treat." The Moose demon added very very calmly. You see he's so angry that it actually overflowed and turned to pure calm. The Ninarator added.

Yes! Didn't err! Princess Priscilla replied pumping her arm victoriously.

"... Right. So.... I want your soul." The Moose demon added.

Oh gee. Why didn't you say so? Let me just get it off, and. Old King Kingsly added lifting his leg.

"No.. No not your...." The Moose demon started.

Hell you can have the whole shoe. Old king kingsly remarked as the shoe flew off/

Then with the power of magic flew all the way around the play stage before hitting the moose demon in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #314

“Do you know off any spell that might hide my magical aura’s from Arcane Sight then? Or do I need to ask Quid himself?” Dursurayss would first reply, a tinge of annoyance entering his voice when the Immoth didn’t answer the more important question. How to counter such techniques so that it was harder for his foes to damage or defeat him in the future. It was only after Dursurayss put this question forwards, that he would actually answer what the Soul of the Frost asked him. “And I have no idea how I am so strong. The first thing I remember was waking up within a demiplane that I knew was of my own creation, with a significant amount of knowledge and magical ability.”

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Both Djinni look entertained, as if this was the best show that they had seen in their lives. Mesmerized, Aurons makes a Create Food and Water giving himself and his brother some popcorn and a refreshment you don't quite recognize. When you look at what they created, you look and it says "Coca Cola" although you have never heard of that in your lives before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The immoth thinks for a second, not quite sure what to answer to Dursurayss. "I recall there being a spell called Misdirection which stops aura revealing divinations. That should work for your purpose." The soul waits for a second and after his brief pause he continues "We should go to the resting demiplane, there we will explain the situation and what we will do to all of you."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-05-06 at 11:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316

“Misdirection... I will have to look into that, thank you.” Dursurayss would answer with a nod, pleased to have been given the answer he sought. Because of this, he didn’t hesitate to swiftly move onwards to the next step. “Lead on, no point in wasting time.” Indeed, there was nothing more to be said. Sure, he would like some time to look into the spell of Misdirection and see whenever or not he could apply it in order to further shield himself from harm. But Dursurayss knew that the Teleporter had taken the others to start the next mission without waiting for all the hopefuls to be tested, meaning he was unsure whenever or not he had time to play with the spell.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm assuming this has happened after the puppet show as it will not really impact any of this

So the Soul enters the Demiplane with Dursurayss following, there all of the DDC Members and Nina meet with all of them standing around a table with reclinable sofa chairs appropriate for all of your sizes. Quid sighs and starts to talk with a face of near depression shutting Tazur up before he can even start to talk. He then back with his poker face says "Sorry that the testing took so long, we had to see if you would all be prepared for what is coming.". Quid's face changes to worry as he talks and he stops for a second. "Around 100 years ago when the DDC was no more than your average powerful party of adventurers and us six had gathered we decided to rename ourselves the DDC to stop any threat such as this war. We knew this war was coming even from then and we knew even the exact date. As the proper current group holding all the power we were prepared and I set up a system to analyze all possible futures and as such protect reality from any threats.". He takes a brief pause seemingly with weight taken off of him by saying this and he continues. "All possible futures lead up to this war and in the septillions of possible versions of the future I have analyzed, 99.9999% end up with all of reality destroyed and in mayhem within 17 months from now. I have talked to my future selves and got short messages from them seemingly not able to explain much. What all of these realities agree with is that this threat is a Tier 7 threat. To explain what that means, let me explain what these tiers are, they are a measurement of how much of a threat something is to us and how difficult it would be to solve it ourselves. Tier 1 is the standard, Orcs, Trolls, Giants and similar, not a threat. Tier 2 is at mid power adventurers such as a coven of casters that can cast 6th level spells. A tier 3 is already 9th level spells. Tier 4 is already demigods, deities and similar but still solveable without too much threat for us. Tier 5 is something equivalent to ourselves or that seriously threatens anything they go against. We created up to Tier 6 which is a threat beyond our capabilities to handle under normal circumstances, something that all the DDC together might not even be able to stop. We did not create a Tier 7 believing no such thing existed but some 30 years ago when I talked to my future self we discovered something that powerful is there.". He stops seemingly having almost lost his ordinary lack of nerveousness, he then continues. "In all of these realities where we succeed we have needed help and that is why we had to get you. All of my future probable surviving selves agree with three things. The first one is that alone we will not be able to stop this threat, the second is that Vecna was captured and he will reveal essential information if we can find him and release him. The last one is that if we want to stop this threat, we will have to prepare for a hard fought fight which will occur in these 17 months and will need to have the legendary Six Paths of Power used by you. The most likely thing is that you don't know what these Six Paths of Power are but I will break it down for you quick and simple. They are 6 legendary abilities that have been in existence for 10,000 years in Delvehrkt which most believe to be just a myth, they are believed to have been held all at once by one being called the Master 6 who at it's deathbed had some parts of it survive to an extent and become these abilities which one could get for himself." A long silence comes in.

The Soul of the Frost speaks up "There is one important detail about this communication Quid got from his future selves. Normally he would be able to get details from the porbable futures and put pieces together to see what is our future and ask them about who is behind this and similar. In this case, it seems that due to the events, they can't physically say a single hint of whoever or whatever has caused this war, nor it's capabilities. What we do know is that this multiplanar threat is intrinsically related to this war between the planes and that Vecna will be able to reveal information to us about it."

"While Tazur has quickly jumped to say we have to hunt Asmodeus back a couple minutes ago, it is for separate reasons, apparently the key to releasing these breaches is in his blood. Another thing we know is that if we stay to defend these breaches, we will not be prepared for the final battle and if we go for the final battle with these breaches unprotected, the Demons will wipe all out regardless, leaving nothing left even if we win. This leaves a dilemma, how can we save the fabric of the multiverse. Either we get someone to cover the breaches for us or we seal them. We have considered Ice Assassins but another piece of information from the future has proven them ineffective in all versions of reality, for the same reason that the future Quids can't say who is behind this, it seems they can't say what they did to solve this. To make matters worse, in most realities even if we survive this threat, a couple or all of us 6 are destroyed including our souls leaving the multiverse with little protection. That is why we need you, to protect the multiverse after or at least help it survive this threat."

18. - Top - End - #318

Well... this was... certainly news to digest.

Looking into the future, and actually communicating with your future selves, wasn’t exactly a possibility for the vast majority of creation. Dursurayss was quite frankly rather certain that even the gods themselves can struggle with such a task. But here the DDC members were stating that they didn’t just do so on a regular basis. But had actually had the time and ability to look forwards and view one septillion different timelines and possibilities! One septillion. 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. 10 to the power of 42, different timelines? Are they serious? And out of them, only 99.999% of them didn’t end up with all of reality either utterly destroyed or plunged into chaos? Quite frankly, the numbers involved at this moment in time was so difficult for Dursurayss to wrap his head around, that even trying to do so was terrifying!

... Breath Dursurayss. Breathe. You won’t get anything done if you don’t remaining calm. Put your emotions aside and simply think it through....

... Assuming that the 99.999% was accurate. That meant that there was approximately 1000000000000000000 scenarios where the DDC were successful in saving reality. Sure, this meant that 999999999999999999999999000000000000000000 of the possible futures ended up in total annihilation, including the afterlife and their souls. But it still meant there was a significant number of situations where they were able to keep reality from falling apart completely within the next 17 months. The chance was potentially even higher than the numbers that had been given to them thus far, as they mentioned that all of the scenarios where they had succeeded ended up with them having aid, having allies... and they had already recruited 5 new members.

Ironically, what gave Dursurayss a surprising amount of comfort, was this 17 month deadline. The young dragon knew that realistically, he had many, many years of his life to look forwards to. To grow in strength, power, ability and experience... and considering how strong the magic he wielded already was. That was honestly an extremely frightening concept. To have so long to live for, growing more and more powerful as the years past... all whilst knowing that such high levels of power could easily lead him down a path of greed, desire and indulgence. The fact that at this moment in time, Dursurayss could expect a rather hard cut-off point in 17 months time... well, it meant that he didn’t need to worry about his 1000+ year lifespan. As chances were he wouldn’t be around within 2 years, let alone more.

Putting everything else aside, putting all the fear of these tremendously large numbers, and the difficulty in wrapping his head around them. Putting aside the shock of how easily and freely the members of the DDC discussed looking into the future and communicating with their future selves. Putting aside the strange comfort that Dursurayss had about such a sharp and literal deadline for all of reality... it seemed that the steel dragon was getting exactly what he wanted from the DDC: Learning how to use his abilities to ensure the safety and stability of all of reality.

“How much time will we have to prepare before the mission begins?” Dursurayss said, surprised that he was the first one to speak up off the new recruits, but it simply seemed that the others were still struggling with the information dumped on their laps. “And may I go over the spells which I use to empower myself with Quid or Frost? You are the most likely to know if there is additional spells that might be off great use to add to my arsenal.”

19. - Top - End - #319

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    Am I able to Astral Project into the meeting, or would there be some kind of effect blocking that?

Meraxen's eyes kind of glaze over in introspection as Quid goes over the numbers and eventually Meraxen hangs his head in the face of impending doom. He perks up for tSotF's explanation though and starts popping his knuckles.

"So...we need to split up. A "home" team and an "away" team, so to speak?"

Meraxen's gaze passes among the assembled team members.

"Well, who's better at what?"
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quid speaks up with his composture back together. "Every single scenario had different times to prepare. In a couple we had barely 3 months, in others we had the whole 17 months where we stopped it at last second. As for splitting up, it would certainly be a good idea, we 6 could stay here and take watch while the rest of you prepare. We can still get stronger while we wait here. Also remember, any time that is not necessary to be in the prime material is better spent in a fast time demiplane."

Quid hands a metallic forked rod to Meraxen.

"With this you can come here whenever you need to, all of you."

21. - Top - End - #321

BlueKnightGuy

Meraxen inclines his head in thanks and takes the plane key. He moves his arm toward his belt to add it the others in his spell component pouch but suddenly pauses.

"We should probably each carry one of these. I don't have a spell to copy it prepared. Little help?"
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show
    I'm thinking of including verbal components of spells whenever someone casts something instead of saying "words of power" or similar. What do you guys think? It could help improve immersion and RP. Also, yes, that's a Sharingan before you ask.

Quid listens to Meraxen and says with a small smile "Good to see you think ahead. I think I made the right choice inviting you here.". Quid concentrates and in a flash of divine power says "Miracle.. Artifice!". His eye veins strain for a second, becoming visible and his eyes change back to their red forms with four pupils, this time, the pupils on the outside start to go around the eye as if the eyes were rotating in their sockets.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Malady sits through the rest of the performance, waiting quietly until Nina does the final puppet bow, then turns to the brothers.
    ”I trust that was beyond your expectations? I’ll get right to it so you can store the memory fresh. I wish for a thought bottle.” as the item appears, she picks it up and hands it to the genies.
    “I wish for a Pride domain draught. I wish for a candle of invocation that matches my alignment.
    Thank you, truly, for your contribution to our cause. Once you fulfill Hiltze’s wishes, you may depart in peace, and peace be upon you. I need to go see what Tazur’s waving me over for before he gets impatient and blows up the plane again.”

The crimson cloaked summoner makes her way to the main foyer, then listens quietly to the speech.

”oh cool, you’re using the Aeon trick. Never seems to return any sensible numbers. Its because you’re just counting the shards, and there’s way more variance in ways to screw up than in ways to succeed. ‘For want of a nail’ and all that.

I’m on whatever team is going to hell, I’ve been there before. The nicer parts, I’m sure, but it still counts. Also demons, devils, fun times. I have a lead on a battle taking place in the elemental plane of air, too. We could go recruiting.

Anyone else need anything prep wise? I have like 6 more wishes I can gnab before we head out. Nina gets a couple for helping out last time, but I’ve got almost everything I need... so the last three are up for grabs.”
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aurons quickly grants all the wishes to Malady. "Well, we keep the Wish stolen Thought Bottle."

As Malady responds to Quid he then says calmly "We are not going to hell for Asmodeus now are we? It would be a hell of a lot easier to Gate in one of his aspects. Now, choose oen of us to help in your fight and the rest of us will go keep guard on the breaches."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

The half-undead hops to his feet, the apparent daze of the play passing as the vampire lord finishes.

”As said before, defenses are ultimately what I need. One: I wish for a Ring of Fire Immunity. Two: I wish for a Ring of Acid Immunity. Three: I wish that my current vestments, in addition to their current effects, also bore the enhancements “Greater Fortification” and “Soulfire,” in addition to the base magical enhancement necessary to enchant armor.” Assuming his wishes are fulfilled without deception (+44 modifier to Sense Motive if necessary), Hiltze leaves with his new acquisitions to join the meeting.

As the news is presented, Hiltze barely mumbles a ”Hm...” The numbers sounded slightly hyperbolic. All the members of the DDC were mentioned to be less than two hundred years in age. Even with all scenarios being paid only one second of attention each, that came out to... several quadrillion years. Though it is also possible that this is information that other versions communicated with each other before it was later communicated to this plane. Still, they were the experts, not him.

”I fit just about anywhere,” the assassin says with a shrug. “I’m a bit of a one trick guy, but there are very few I have seen,” he says, noting the DDC members, “who can survive that trick. That said, as you have seen, I don’t go down easy, and am just as useful as a guard dog as a hunting dog.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mahdemnt starts to invoke his wishes. As he concentrates a set of rings appears and your vestments glow. As the glow fades he speaks up "Your vestments are improved and as for the rings, I might have taken the liberty of stealing them from a magic shop in some part of the multiverse. Wish can't create such items, not permanently at least."

Quid speaks up, "Ok, so one of you gate an aspect of Asmodeus to the training demiplane we were in before and drop him. We need as much of his blood as possible. Take one of teh six of us, choose whoever you think would fit best with your group composition." As Quid turns away he seemingly remembers something and turns back to face all of you "I nearly forgot, your team needs a code name for ease of communication. How does Team Prophecy sound?"
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-05-08 at 10:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

”Strike Force Prophecy? Well that makes it official. Usually when I do these sorts of things, I have Steel...” Malady’s gaze momentarily hovers over Dursurayss, one of her fingers pops up as though conducting a tally, ”a Legionbreaker...” she ticks off a second finger, glancing at Meraxen, ”fifty, well, that works.” she ticks off a third, looking right at Sara. ”Sulf- oh right we have Hiltze” a fourth follows. ”with myself, an angry angel, a blind monk, and a plucky untested potentiate.

Malady looks over the remaining members, ticking one off for herself and one for Nina. ”I guess I want the monk, and we’re running without a solar. Oh wait the undead knight can summon those. Right. That’s all my boxes checked. I can pull Ashmodai here, if you all want. Easy enough to get his attention.”
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Ok, perfect. Any objections to taking Chin Lun Gaar?"

29. - Top - End - #329

BlueKnightGuy

Meraxen frowns and then grunts. "I don't believe in prophecy..."

Meraxen strokes his chin scales and then slightly grins. "I hear 'The Avengers' is taken...what about 'The Interceptors'?"
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quid thinks distantly for a split second seemingly distracted. He frowns. "I just got information from another 100 timelines where the multiverse gets erradicated. and no more where we succeed"

He then responds to Meraxen more calmly than before. "Sound like a good name, anyone who disagrees?"