New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[MERC Lobby]

”It also means you can stop by for dinner. And it means I can give you a look at some of our public information dossiers. I know you want to know about interesting people...” Sam says, smiling at her.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "It was just a coincidence. I didn t go for it directly and I didn't mention it here because I don t have the resources to hire MERC right now." Fade replies. "I can t go for them by myself after all. They would know i m close."
    Dipsnig mulls it over for a moment.

"I'd rather Vigil didn't know this kind of things about us. If you'd told me that, we'd have worked something out. But I guess it's too late now. Just make sure Vigil doesn't find out too much and that this doesn't look too embarrassing for us."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Halfling in the Playground

[MERC Lobby]

Lucy nods, deciding it probably isn't worth mentioning that discounts are a little bit lost on her.

But it does also mean that she's not particularly concerned about MERC taking a cut of her profits. "And I assume for any contracts that come through MERC, you'd prioritise full members and only refer the client to a license-holder if you haven't got anyone suitable on your books?" Not that Lucy's overly fussed, but she is at least aware that MERC's business model is acting to safeguard its own monopoly on mercenary business.

Makes sense, really.

"And don't worry, I've got no interest in dealing with slavers. As you say though, Sam, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of snooping on other interesting people to meet."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Lobby]

"That's about the long and short of it," Dipsnig says, mildly perplexed. Lucy seems different from most people who come to MERC. "Our employers decide if they want to prioritize or exclusively employ out members. Sometimes it's first come, first served."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Lobby

Sam nods.
    ”Yeah, it comes down to the details of the job. Thank you for your time, Boss. How about we go to my office, and I can show you some stuff, Lucy?”
    His office being the kitchen. And stuff being the people he thinks she’ll want to meet who won’t get her killed.

6. - Top - End - #306

[MERC Lobby]

"Well, if you don't have many other shapeshifters on your list, I suppose there's a chance I'll pick up something without having to be too proactive. We'll see, I guess." One would imagine most folks are probably a little more enthusiastic about the whole MERC work thing. Lucy seems pretty unconcerned about it all. She might not have bothered at all if not for Sam giving her the occasional nudge along the way.

"Oh, yeah, sure, lead the way, Sam! And I guess I'll see you round Mr Sort-of-Boss." Lead on, Sam. Lead on.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Base

Sam takes Lucy to the cafeteria, where he whips up some cookies and gives her what information isn’t classified. Specifically, the Orgs she might want to look into, which to avoid, possible nice dragons to meet, and good beach spots. Many of which Sam will give her slow explanations and possibly cards for. Like DO NOT GO NEAR AMEN.

8. - Top - End - #308

[MERC Base]

It takes a long time. Much, much longer than it really should. Lucy is unfortunately easily distracted and the "Go Here" and "DO NOT GO THERE" flashcard piles keep getting mixed up. Truly a test of Sam's patience.

Eventually something of a shortlist of Orgs and Peeps is produced, which Lucy tucks away as she starts digging into the cookies.

And then sighs and gets the two sets of flashcards out again for one last sort as she put them in the same place. And then she tucks them away separately.

More cookies are eaten.

It looks like she's about done, when she spots a particularly interesting picture. "Oh, hey, that's a pretty cute-" She cuts herself off and hurriedly puts it away before Sam can get a look at it. "Uh, so, hey, Sam? I-I'll see you back at the apartment, alright? I gotta- uh, later! Bye!" And just like that she dashes off, presumably leaving a rather puzzled Sam behind.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig mulls it over for a moment.

"I'd rather Vigil didn't know this kind of things about us. If you'd told me that, we'd have worked something out. But I guess it's too late now. Just make sure Vigil doesn't find out too much and that this doesn't look too embarrassing for us."
    [Dipsnig's Office]

"I will see what I can do. I already told them to contact me since those shadows can't be destroyed by most possible ways." Fade says.
    "Is there anything I can do for you now?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #310

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"She said she wanted some living wood. Unfortunately, neither of us is well-versed with where to start looking for that particular material; we were hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction." Corvus explains, glancing at Willa. No sense in beating around the bush, you know.

[Moonwell Investigation]

"We should probably do something about that right away, then. I'd rather run the diagnostic later than give the magic a path to spread further. If there's any damage, it can be repaired after we take care of the magic." Electra says, frowning.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

"Yeah, pretty much." Willa says with a shrug. She has an idea on where to look, but she needs a little bit of information first. And maybe Kirk's cooperation.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Kirk gives them both a perplexed look. Living wood may be a rather poor descriptor, but he seems to understand none the less. "Why?" He asks simply. Dena is apparently down to help these two, but Kirk has no idea who they are.

13. - Top - End - #313

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"She wants to make some armor out of it. In exchange, she said she would give us some of her venom. We need it to make a potion for Willa," Corvus explains, hesitating a bit and gesturing at her. He's not entirely sure just how much he should share about this.

"I discussed this with her yesterday, but I'm still fairly new to the Nexus, and...well, I don't think I asked all the questions I probably should have to get a better idea of where to start my research into how to find the material,"
    he admits, a bit sheepishly. "We were hoping you might be able to provide a bit of help with that."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

"Yeah, put simply she asked for something without providing any actual information on what we're looking for or where to find it. I could try finding it with a ritual but without anything to go off of I can't even do that."
    This seems like a whole lot of effort honestly just to convince Dena to spit in a cup, so Willa thinks.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Kirkm turns away for a moment and contemplates their request. "I know a thing or two." He turns toward them again. "You can't find it here. Not in the Nexus. Dena must really not want to share her venom, because she's asking a lot. This wood is precious, and jealously guarded. Thieves are hunted down and strung up on their branches. I'll tell you there's a lot of bones beneath those boughs." He gives them both a searching look.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Returning to Base

Erasmus returns from the mission to the Pitstop to report the success. The amber dragon is still thinking on the pyramid far away, where the Blade of Hope Removed is stored, wondering if he should go there to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

[Returning to Base] ==> [Dipsnig's Office]

For the sake of avoiding self-RP, Fayyaad is needed somewhere else and Erasmus will have to make his report to Dipsnig alone. He'll be directed to the boss goblin's office. Which turns out to be a fairly small but tasteful room, not even particularly goblin-sized. Not that it would make a difference to Erasmus. There's also a wolf curled up and sleeping away from Dipsnig's desk.

"Seems you've found more than we expected in that petrol station," he says, when Erasmus enters.

18. - Top - End - #318

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus frowns. Dena did say after all, that it might not be here in the Nexus. Still, perhaps this material can still be found in the Nexus.

"Well, even so, what can you tell us about it? How would we recognize it if we went to a place where it was? And is there a way to earn the material from its keepers?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Dipsnig's office

"Yes boss. It seems the necromancer was after something. A magic sword, called "the Blade of 'ope Removed." There was a 'idden room where the pirates 'ad a map tew it." Erasmus is smaller than the wolf, but he pays it no mind. He might even be smaller than the Goblin.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[An epic Quest]

Willa frowns. Yup. A lot of effort for Dena to spit in a cup.
    ”I don’t think anyone could take on Corvus here. And I’m too heavy to string up. But if we could avoid that chance, that would be a good plan.” she grumbles.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's office]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yes boss. It seems the necromancer was after something. A magic sword, called "the Blade of 'ope Removed." There was a 'idden room where the pirates 'ad a map tew it." Erasmus is smaller than the wolf, but he pays it no mind. He might even be smaller than the Goblin.
    "So we know where it is, then," Dipsnig observes. "Is the sword as dangerous as the name would suggest, or is it just an embellishment?"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Dipsnig's office

"I dunno. If the defenses around the secret room are anything tew judge by, the people who 'id it wanted it tew be found. The only defense which was there was tew stop visitors from reading the inscriptions in the room aloud." Erasmus really isn't sure.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's office]

"Those weapons usually have someone who wants them to be found," Dipsnig remarks. "While still piling up obstacles in front of them. Regardless, on scale of one to ten, how disastrous is it likely to be if some of megalomaniacal and villainous persuasion were to find it?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

"Erm, 6?" That's Erasmus best estimate. "It's supposed tew be able tew kill a god, but maybe just a specific god?"

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Moonwell Investigation]

"We should probably do something about that right away, then. I'd rather run the diagnostic later than give the magic a path to spread further. If there's any damage, it can be repaired after we take care of the magic." Electra says, frowning.
    [Moonwell Investigation]

"Yes, but I need to know what it is before I can do anything about it. The samples you took might help us somewhat, so let's head down into my office shall we?" Astrana says as she starts heading into the base.

26. - Top - End - #326

NinjaGuy

[Moonwell Investigation]

Electra nods, following Astrana to her office, falling silent once more. This was the reason she didn't want to mess with the Moonwell in the first place, but what's done is done. Hopefully, Astrana can fix whatever magic is affecting her.

27. - Top - End - #327

[Reception]

After his talk with the boss Fade heads for the reception. It's best to show some sppereance for now to catch the new customers.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"I will see what I can do. I already told them to contact me since those shadows can't be destroyed by most possible ways." Fade says.
    "Is there anything I can do for you now?"
    "Keep me informed about those shadows of yours," Dipsnig says. "I don't want it to reflect poorly on us. Otherwise, just keep up the work. I don't mind you talking to people at Vigil, as long as you're careful. Contacts and favors are useful... as long as they owe them to us."

29. - Top - End - #329

[Moonwell Investigation]

As they head down into her office Electra will suddenly feel a chill down her spine, some magical influence is attempting to reach into her head. This might cause her to pass out.

((Might need a god-mod permission for the next part, its mental combat ahoy.))

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dipsnig's Office]

"Keep me informed about those shadows of yours," Dipsnig says. "I don't want it to reflect poorly on us. Otherwise, just keep up the work. I don't mind you talking to people at Vigil, as long as you're careful. Contacts and favors are useful... as long as they owe them to us."
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Fade takes out a paper. He appears to be prepared. On it are all the same informations he gave to Wenomir.

"These are the informations. I will see what I can do about Vigil. I will head out then doing some work."

Unless there is more to say he will leave to the secretari place.