New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[Gym]

Reinholdt doesn't mind covering, but... "Directly to your account? No, sorry. I can only exchange goods in person." The downside to not using those thieving banks. He stares back at Dena. She didn't actually expect the Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire to try to pay with fish did she?

"Don't look at me to decide a dance. I already asked to learn, so it should probably be clear the only dances I've heard of are ballroom, the tango, and tap dancing," And breakdancing apparently. Point is he knows little about the musical scene. So he turns to Tina. "This one's on you. What do you want to see?" Rein asks her moving to a bench and sitting down before holding out a hand to invite and pull Tina in to sit next to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Halfling in the Playground

[Kirk's Room]

Fettina folds her wings close to herself, tight as she can, the alien sensation only serving as a continual reminder of her current predicament. It's frustrating. But the feeling of Kirk against her is enough to drown it out.

"Couldn't ask for a better friend. Kirk..." Fettina murmurs as she drifts away.

[Gym]

Woop! Tina is pulled down to sit beside Rein, and she looks quite pleased with the whole situation. She folds her arms and wriggles in place impishly as she peers at Dena. "...I dunno any dances by name either. Whatever your most favorite, sexy, longest one is," Tina enunciates each word with a sultry squirm of her hips. And then mimes a kiss at the drowess. Mwah.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

Primary MERC Base Entrance

Blugh. It would've been so much easier to visit one of MERC's other branches, but then someone would see us walking into MERC and by this time tomorrow, everyone in the Nexus would know Magtok had resorted to working with that filthy goblin and his cronies. That's why Magtok is here out in the cold instead, hissing and swearing as his boots crunch through the snow, promising himself that he'll never come back here again once he has power and money and clones again. This is a one-time thing, he insists! We are never going to be this poor and dependent on others ever again! To hell with everyone who thought exceedingly remote bases in obnoxiously inhospitable places was the cool and awesome aesthetic for 2008!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Gym]

"That was for Tina, silly-cat, I'll accept hard cash any day. Just don't throw it at me, 'kay? That's not what this is." Well... maybe a bit, but not strictly!
    Nonetheless, Dena smiles. She had hoped that they would actually give something to work with but it looked like she would just have to go with the classics. At least this would be more rehearsed...
    "Right, long sexy dance it is. Why don't you two sit right here while I change into something more fitting, yeah?"

As Magtok approaches the base, he might see the cameras turning towards him and a short moment later he can hear Dena's voice coming from a speaker. "Welcome to the frozen ass of the nexus, Magtok. You look appropriately miserable. Why don't you prove your identity by saying something only Magtok would say?"

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gym]

Well if Tina's going to keep squirming with those incredible hips of hers, Rein's just going to have to reach behind her and wrap one hand around the far one. So he can keep her close and warm, surely.

"Yeah," Reinholdt agrees, pulling a small bag of coins out of thin air with his free hand and setting it to one side for Dana to take at her leisure, his one good magic trick. "Go ahead and take your time. We'll find something to do while we wait, I'm sure." He mostly just whispers the last part into Tina's ear, but it's certainly loud enough to be heard by Dana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #576

"Die in a fire, I'm not a goblin, and your boss can choke to death on his moldy cave rat sandwich or whatever he's having for dinner today. There, is that good, or should I keep going?" Magtok asks, looking appropriately miserable as he holds his arms to his chest, shivering in the cold. There's at least seventeen other MagClones who deserve this sort of thing more than he does. Why was he the one picked to come back to the Nexus?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #577

"Still playing the old classics I see, but that's good enough. Just don't actually set anything on fire when you come inside." The voice replies as the door swings open automatically.

Magtok better hurry inside though as no door in this climate should be standing open for very long.

Inside it's mercifully warm however, a cozy fireplace and comfy armchairs and sofas. Once Magtok enters, the door shuts close and soon after Dena arrives. "Don't tell me you walked the entire way? You look like you could use more than just warmth." She gestures at the coffee machine in the room. Apparently it makes drinks for free. "Help yourself."

8. - Top - End - #578

Also a Primary MERC Base entrance but at a different time

Over in Trog's Tavern, a person named Metalhead expressed interest in MERC, and Malicebot#8 offered to bring them to the right train and to rent out the right snowmobile mototaxi public transportation, leading the way the rest of the way.

The two robot-looking people approach the door. "Here we are," says the caped robot as they travel through the snowchilly weather to the front entrance.

Then, he pounds on the door, expecting it to open soon.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2018-11-09 at 02:50 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #579

"It's fine. I wore my winter robe," Magtok lies, shaking some snow from the hem of his robe as he steps inside. The winter robe has fur trim on the sleeves and it's at least three times thicker than the one he's got on now. He does seem like he'll be fine, though. I mean, he's not so cold that his teeth are chattering, and his hands aren't too numb to deftly operate the coffee machine, so I'm sure he had some other way of withstanding the cold he's simply not talking about. Maybe the left side of his chest just didn't use any coolant the entire hike up here and he simply allowed half his body to start overheating, I dunno. He figured out something, that much is clear.

"I still don't understand the locale, though. Aren't goblins cold-blooded or something? How did he last up here before he could afford teleporters?" Magtok, everyone's always been able to afford teleporters, you know that. Or travel times were just handwaved or something, whatever. Just don't think so hard about it and you'll be fine, I promise. Now grab a seat, sip your coffee, and stop talking about Dippy for a little while. You're a guest here at his base, he might have some hidden surveillance equipment listening to you, and he has those wolves lurking around somewhere. There's really no excuse to not be on our best behavior right now.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #580

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post

Over in Trog's Tavern, a person named Metalhead expressed interest in MERC, and Malicebot#8 offered to bring them to the right train and to rent out the right snowmobile mototaxi public transportation, leading the way the rest of the way.

The two robot-looking people approach the door. "Here we are," says the caped robot as they travel through the snowchilly weather to the front entrance.

Then, he pounds on the door, expecting it to open soon.
    Metalhead nods and lights a cigar to keep warm, he offers one to Malicebot#8. "Does your design to allow you to smoke, or not."
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-09 at 09:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

"Compared to the Vrozkarvil mountain, where I was born, this climate is actually quite mild," Dipsnig says in a conversational tone as he enters the room. "So good to see you again, Magtok. And in circumstances that should hopefully prove lucrative to us all."

[Primary MERC Base Entrance]

At the time where the two newcomers arrive, the lobby behind the front door is occupied by a gaggle of lower-ranking mercenaries. They mill about and look up when the two enter. Manning the desk is a very small, green-skinned person with an enormous nose and fairly large ears. He is, however, wearing a quite smart chequered jacket. He turns towards them in his chair.

"Greetin's, welcome to MERC. How may we help ya?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-11-09 at 03:51 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #582

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

At the time where the two newcomers arrive, the lobby behind the front door is occupied by a gaggle of lower-ranking mercenaries. They mill about and look up when the two enter. Manning the desk is a very small, green-skinned person with an enormous nose and fairly large ears. He is, however, wearing a quite smart chequered jacket. He turns towards them in his chair.

"Greetin's, welcome to MERC. How may we help ya?"
    "I'm looking for a MERC license." Metalhead says.
    Spoiler: Moskra Rhadan
    Show

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1638...ew?usp=sharing

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Spoiler: Bad Guys Win Campaign Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

"No problem at all," the Grot says, rifling through the papers. "D'you know how it works, or do you need an introduction?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #584

RedWizardGuy

"No problem at all," the Grot says, rifling through the papers. "D'you know how it works, or do you need an introduction?"

"I fill out a form, right?"
    says Metalhead.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-10 at 07:04 PM.
    Show

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, but d'you know what kind of expectations and rules we follow?" the Grot clerk asks as he prepares the paperwork. "I can explain it real quick otherwise."

16. - Top - End - #586

RedWizardGuy

"Yeah, but d'you know what kind of expectations and rules we follow?" the Grot clerk asks as he prepares the paperwork. "I can explain it real quick otherwise."
    "Go ahead," he mutters. Damn, he didn't know this place would have rules.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-10 at 07:04 PM.
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #587

Dena shrugs. "Apparently, it's a defensive location. For all the apocalypses back in the day. In theory, all big settlements could get destroyed, yet not even giant monsters would bother going up here. Then as the dust settles, MERC could move into the post-apocalyptic waste-land as a dominating military force." Then Dipsnig moves into the room, causing Dena to lean in closer. "As for the lack of teleporters, that's since the boss is a cheapskate and loves his tunnels. We think it's since he was conceived in one." She 'whispers', purposefully still audible enough for Dipsnig to hear what she's saying.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-11-10 at 02:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not all that complicated," the clerk says. "We're expected to be professional and do our job to the best of our ability. No turning on our employers and all that. We also don't work with slavers, ever. Beyond that, you can take whatever jobs you want, as long as you give MERC their cut. In return you get discounts in a bunch of places and we'll protect you if an employer tries to screw you over."

19. - Top - End - #589

RedWizardGuy

"It's not all that complicated," the clerk says. "We're expected to be professional and do our job to the best of our ability. No turning on our employers and all that. We also don't work with slavers, ever. Beyond that, you can take whatever jobs you want, as long as you give MERC their cut. In return you get discounts in a bunch of places and we'll protect you if an employer tries to screw you over."
    "Sounds fine by me." Metalhead says. "Where do I sign?"
    Last edited by Leostales; 2018-11-10 at 07:03 PM.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #590

MERC Business With Magtok

Spoiler
    Show

"Compared to the Vrozkarvil mountain, where I was born, this climate is actually quite mild," Dipsnig says in a conversational tone as he enters the room. "So good to see you again, Magtok. And in circumstances that should hopefully prove lucrative to us all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Dena shrugs. "Apparently, it's a defensive location. For all the apocalypses back in the day. In theory, all big settlements could get destroyed, yet not even giant monsters would bother going up here. Then as the dust settles, MERC could move into the post-apocalyptic waste-land as a dominating military force." Then Dipsnig moves into the room, causing Dena to lean in closer. "As for the lack of teleporters, that's since the boss is a cheapskate and loves his tunnels. We think it's since he was conceived in one." She 'whispers', purposefully still audible enough for Dipsnig to hear what she's saying.

Magtok resists the impulse to say something snarky and goblin-racist. He's here to earn a quick buck, not reignite old rivalries. We have enough problems as is. Best to just let him get his giggles, laugh at our unexpected poverty, and then viciously and unexpectedly stab him in the back as soon as our home is functional and producing clones again. Alliances of convenience are the Magtok way, after all. Just remember every implied chuckle, every sarcastic word of sympathy, and every last disingenuous ounce of fake pity once you're back on top. The goblin will burn for his impudence, and he-

...wait. Oh, hold on, he didn't actually make any snarky remarks at all? He's actually being entirely civil and unexpectedly well-mannered? Didn't even release the wolves to mess with us? Well fine, but I doubt it's going to last! J-just you wait and see, we'll get our excuse to plot revenge against him sooner or later!

"I think I had something similar in mind when I originally set up the MagCave. Of course, that was before it became glaringly obvious that if there was such an apocalypse, I'd probably be part of the first wave of idiots throwing themselves at the big scary doom monsters and getting their heads bitten off," Magtok shakes his head. He's trying his best to do away with that stupid martyr complex. He just needs to get this one last apocalypse out of his system, and then it's over. Just one last hit, and then he'll quit, cold turkey, for real this time.

"Speaking of the big settlements, I've been hearing that Skyside might be where it's at in the next few months. Riverside's going to be a mess until everyone puts out all the fires, and the big businesses are all planning to relocate, ready to move on up, as soon as someone figures out a way to get the public to look past all that distasteful slavery business," Magtok explains, skipping over any further formalities and getting straight to the point.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Business With Magtok]

Dipsnig pretends not to hear Dena and omits any and all plans he has for Riverside. Instead, he takes a seat and gets to business.

"Yes, quite. Skyside's lawlessness, even by the standards of the Nexus, drew the scum there like moths to a fire. Taking a stance against them could be the in we need to take back some territory there and Dena told me you two have some ideas for that."

The grot hands him a form.

"Just write down yer name, contact information and any relevant info about yer skills and preferences."

22. - Top - End - #592

RedWizardGuy

The grot hands him a form.

"Just write down yer name, contact information and any relevant info about yer skills and preferences."
    Metalhead takes the form and quickly fills it in.

Name: Metalhead

Skills and preference:
    *Experienced with time travel
    *Immune to poisons
    *Master of disguise
    *Prefers sophisticated jobs, hopefully involving killing.
    *Enjoys working with beautiful women and other robots.
    *Will NOT harm children.
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #593

[MERC Business With Magtok]

"Worrisome, even though I wasn't even aware there were any 'big businesses' in Riverside, besides us that is. But that's exactly why I want to stir up things in Skyside. I'm gonna be frank, we have completely lost our grip on the city and KABAL is sitting comfortably on the status quo so things have to change." Dena eyes Magtok and gestures towards one of the armchairs as she herself takes a seat in the sofa. "Why don't you sit down and explain your ideas for that?" The general room was otherwise empty right now anyway...

24. - Top - End - #594
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Gym]

"That was for Tina, silly-cat, I'll accept hard cash any day. Just don't throw it at me, 'kay? That's not what this is." Well... maybe a bit, but not strictly!
    Nonetheless, Dena smiles. She had hoped that they would actually give something to work with but it looked like she would just have to go with the classics. At least this would be more rehearsed...
    "Right, long sexy dance it is. Why don't you two sit right here while I change into something more fitting, yeah?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Gym]

Well if Tina's going to keep squirming with those incredible hips of hers, Rein's just going to have to reach behind her and wrap one hand around the far one. So he can keep her close and warm, surely.

"Yeah," Reinholdt agrees, pulling a small bag of coins out of thin air with his free hand and setting it to one side for Dana to take at her leisure, his one good magic trick. "Go ahead and take your time. We'll find something to do while we wait, I'm sure." He mostly just whispers the last part into Tina's ear, but it's certainly loud enough to be heard by Dana.
    [Gym]

"I think that's fitting you just fine!" Tina protests as Dena departs, but it is likely to no avail. Dena did like her costumes. Tina leans into Rein as naturally as breathing when his hand comes. She turns her body to press it against him, trying to run those delicate hands up his back and into his hair.

The neon girl will try to playfully flick one of his ears. O: "Now we can't get too cute in here. This is where Dena works," she chides.

- - - Updated - - -

[Somewhere near MERC]

Maiel is high in the bleak and frigid passes through the mountains around MERC. Though inured as he is against the cold, it is still a frustrating trek, and he hopes whatever information Tellysandra gave him to find this 'dungeon' checks out.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-11-11 at 08:04 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

The grot takes the papers and pushes some buttons, at which point the nearby printer produces a new license for Metalhead.

"Here ya go. You're now officially MERC-licensed."

26. - Top - End - #596

RedWizardGuy

The grot takes the papers and pushes some buttons, at which point the nearby printer produces a new license for Metalhead.

"Here ya go. You're now officially MERC-licensed."
    "Thank you," says Metalhead. "Now how would I be able to find work, do you have any advice?"
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

"You can use our job boards. Beyond that... you can take work from anyone. Many licensees spend time in the taverns looking for opportunities," the grot explains.

((Though I don't think there's any jobs for licensees on the boards now, IC. Unless someone decides to make one.))
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-11-11 at 11:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #598

RedWizardGuy

"You can use our job boards. Beyond that... you can take work from anyone. Many licensees spend time in the taverns looking for opportunities," the grot explains.

((Though I don't think there's any jobs for licensees on the boards now, IC. Unless someone decides to make one.))
    "Thanks anyway, do you know where I could get a map of the nexus?"
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

"The problem with mapping the place is..." the grot begins, but then he spots a gnoll wander in and pin a new sheet of paper to the notice board. "Well, whaddya know. Someone just sent us a new job. Might be something for you."

30. - Top - End - #600

RedWizardGuy

"The problem with mapping the place is..." the grot begins, but then he spots a gnoll wander in and pin a new sheet of paper to the notice board. "Well, whaddya know. Someone just sent us a new job. Might be something for you."
    Metalhead walks over to the board to see what the job is.
    Show

Show