New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Iron Poet II

1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Poet II

Oh, hey, I won? *looks around all confused-like* Testament to my observational skills that I just now noticed. Er, I'm sorry, Amotis. Thanks, everyone.
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

So is that it for the Iron Poet? Two Bouts and done?

Or will someone once again take up the flag and send us on our way to glory?

Or whatever.

For the Bump.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #213

I dunno...I'd be willing to run and judge a third, but I'm concerned about lack of participation from judges and/or poets. If we could find two more really dedicated judges, then maybe.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

4. - Top - End - #214

I've been looking forward to judging. Count me in.

*waits patiently for another Iron Author round*
    Click here for whining.

Click here for kitten.

5. - Top - End - #215

I was hoping to compete this round, but if another judge is what it takes to get a third competition happening, I'll commit to judging.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sorry, truemane. I'd love to see you compete in the next round, but I've been too flaky for too long to feel right about inflicting myself upon these contests as a judge anymore...

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'm sorry, truemane. I'd love to see you compete in the next round, but I've been too flaky for too long to feel right about inflicting myself upon these contests as a judge anymore...
    You only say that because you're never read my poetry. I can get pretty emo.

But anyway, I've been thinking for a while that these contects should run with each contestant competing in one round, and then judging one or two other submissions in the same round.

It would take some organization. You'd have to have each person judge three other people so everyone could get three judgings. Add in a couple of full-time judges and everyone could get four.

If there was a deadline for judgings, same as the submissions, then it could serve to take the onus off of individual judges.

But in any case, if it means the difference between here being an Iron Poet III or not, then I'll agree to judge.
    Last edited by truemane; 2008-01-05 at 05:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    But anyway, I've been thinking for a while that these contects should run with each contestant competing in one round, and then judging one or two other submissions in the same round.

It would take some organization. You'd have to have each person judge three other people so everyone could get three judgings. Add in a couple of full-time judges and everyone could get four.

If there was a deadline for judgings, same as the submissions, then it could serve to take the onus off of individual judges.
    That was my other thought. The only problem I can see is that there's a possibility for even bigger problems with the judges not getting their submissions in on time. And more work for the contestants.

Well...if we had four brackets like last time, then the two contestants judge for another bracket, and then a full judge (which I'd like to be) can judge all of them. Repeat for second round. Then for the third, the two who didn't make it into the finals can judge as well, hopefully.

As I said...I'd also like to run, if Vaynor wants to hand over those duties.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats rubakhin! I've been away and haven't gotten to say that yet.

That being said, I'll take on any position to keep this contest rolling. Just let me know.
    sign by egobuttz

10. - Top - End - #220
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    That was my other thought. The only problem I can see is that there's a possibility for even bigger problems with the judges not getting their submissions in on time. And more work for the contestants.

Well...if we had four brackets like last time, then the two contestants judge for another bracket, and then a full judge (which I'd like to be) can judge all of them. Repeat for second round. Then for the third, the two who didn't make it into the finals can judge as well, hopefully.

As I said...I'd also like to run, if Vaynor wants to hand over those duties.
    I don't mind running it, if you really want to, maybe do it together or you can just do it. I for one enjoy doing it, but the problem I seem to have is good ideas for prompts. If people could send me a bunch of ideas for prompts that would be awesome. In the meantime, I'll start up a IP III thread to gauge interest and we'll figure everything out there.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/