New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Solitus

Oh COME on!! Traube exclaims, spinning around to meet the first guard, clocking him in the face with a roundhouse kick, being more than their match. Huh, they weren't as strong as she thought. She only did it because I asked, you incandescent buffoon! If you were as "perfect" as you pretend to be, you'd know that! She then raised a finger and fired several golden ki-blasts at the other guards grabbing for Dishana before flying over and trying to grab her, herself. Also, Solitus, take that tunic off, you look horrible. She wanted to say something about him being the perfect monster, or something similarly scathing, but she still couldn't get over how grossly offensive those clothes were to behold, as she attempted to escape the station, carrying Dishana.

Apfel

Wonderful, thank you. Apfel answered back to the receptionist. While they likely knew his affiliation with the Rebel Alliance, they would have no reason, as far as he was aware, to know that he was on to them, being the source of the bio-androids, and will likely play it safe.

Until then, now was an excellent opportunity. Gripping his hands and clenching his fists, his violet aura flared to life as he increased his power, all the way to the maximum of his youth. He already feels energetic unlike anything before, feeling as fifty years younger as he was. He was almost excited at the chance to see just what he was fully capable of.

Then he Awakened.

The rush of psychic power was unlike anything he had ever felt before. He had Awakened many times in the last ten years, but his aging body was a limiter to his full capabilities. If he had been THIS young in body when they fought Hailing...he never would have stood a chance.

But perhaps more importantly, the augmentation to his power wasn't a true transformation, but a psychic one, one he could remain in indefinitely. With his awareness expanded to the transfinite probabilities of what could be, he smiled at the thought of what Orks foolish enough to breach Baron-General Freis' forces would DARE attack Mars.

Earth's Orbit

Oh my, our beloved Emperor has powered to his...I beg your pardon, four-five times his maximum? Freis double-checks the readings on the power surge on Mars to be sure he was reading that correctly. Bully, I had feared I surpassed him. It is rude for a servant to surpass their Lord, mmnyes. Apparently that was a thing. But...perhaps fair competition could only encourage excellence on both our parts, for the good of the Empire and its people, of course. I shall train with you and this...Saiyan King, mmnyes.

Though I saw his hologram. Though I must confess my knowledge of Incirrian physiology is quite lacking, but his hologram looks younger. Significantly so.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Orbit

"Hm? Oh, that's nothing to worry about, he's simply been restored to his youth." Max shrugged, then moved on to bury the lead,"I'll meet you planet side with the King of Saiyans. From sensor readings, he's already trying to master his new form, and I did say I'd help him with that." Max then got up, and left a split behind in his chair to man the ship. In total, he would have 3 on the ship, 2 in the front modifying the main cannon, and one on the bridge running things and keeping an eye on sensors and what have you. Then there would be 1 more split continuing the research with the (to Max) very curious DNA sample. As for Max himself, he used instant transmission to head directly down to land nearby King Vegeta.

Shining City

Appearing relatively nearby King Vegeta, Max opened his helmet's face plate to show his face to the King of Saiyans....and apparently half cat-saiyan too. Max cleared his throat, and spoke up, "So, I believe I mentioned being helpful with regards to the Super Saiyan form before. If you want, I could help you train for control over it. I may not have Yankar's pressure point chi touch thing, but that's kind of irrelevant to mastering the transformation itself." He then pointed over at Katnep, "And don't think I didn't notice you almost reaching the form yourself, you little go-getter. You were right at the brink. Good effort, earlier." Max gave her a thumbs up, before continuing, "In any case, an old friend from the Arcosian Empire has come by to help defend against the Ork threat, when it eventually arrives. In the mean time, we were going to get some training done focusing on controlling one's ki, so it seemed like it would have an overlapping area of focus."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Pages:
    He is just blinking at the wonder and the strangeness that is Poka. They walk up to her, not sure what to think.
    "Vodkana already gave me a cookie. I'll try the hug instead..."

Solitus:
    "Hah! An imperfect being presumes to know what is perfect better than I, the perfect being? You reveal your ignorance with your Words! I do not err. Ever. When I make a Decision, there is no such thing as a Wrong One! When I do something, there is no such thing as a Wrong Action! I am the source of all Rightness and Goodness, and therefore everything I do is perfect. I embody it, and therefore perfection is made from me! There is no other Possible way for a Perfect being to exist, as any Perfect being knows! That and this tunic is awesome you don't know anything, you clearly just can't see its true form with your imperfect sight!!"
    He turns to Panana with that same creepy smile.
    "Now its time to create more of the perfection....don't worry Panana.."
    He advances upon her to press his flaming hand against her forehead to spread those horrifying changing fires.
    "I forgive you."

Meanwhile Kurumo just instantaneous movements in front of Traube as the guards get blasted away and says
    "I don't care."
    Then proceeds to try and karate chop her neck to knock her out with far greater power than she herself can wield behind it.

King Vegeta:
    "Alright. First, you must focus on your rage. Then you must reach deep within. You must bring out that rage from a spark into a raging fire, picturing someone close dying might help..."

Masala and Pinappla talk it out:
    Pinappla eventually wakes and Masala sits down to speak with her.
    "So....."
    "Yeah...."
    An awkward start to be sure. Neither of them had really done this before.
    "I....I'm not sure how...but in that fight....we hit something off?"
    "Well....its a little embarrassing but saiyans are attracted to strong-willed people....particularly those who can fight....and some can't really separate attraction from battle. I guess I liked our battle and in the moment....I expressed that...."
    "Well I kind of liked that so um....don't worry. Lets just....take it easy. see it where it goes.....

Wait....strong-willed people....fighting....did you come here because you were attracted to J-Mom?"

In response Pinappla's face turns red and she curls up into a ball in embarrassment, tail curling inwards. Beryl stares at Jade who is nervous about this.
    What, I tried to keep it low key so that she wouldn't be besotted with my awesomeness during our duel
    Yeah but it looked like you were playing hard to get or teasing instead. Thats little better.
    Look at least she isn't going after me now...

Masala decides to change the subject with Pinappla, seeing that she made it awkward.
    "So uh....I hear there is this new bio-android named Pages over in Oxy City....want to come with?"
    "Hm? Uh....okay..."

Cello, Astralys and Tabby:
    "Shock, mostly. The sudden impact of my head against the control panel of the ship is probably what caused it. Yes, I am capable of the regeneration technique my people use...wait. How do you know that Nameks can regenerate? Have you met my people before? Do you know anything about a crisis happening or that has happened on the planet?"
    "I am a child of very special parents, who are friends with very special people, with very special knowledge. And I see fate. Those are the reasons why I know. Well that and there was a Namekian that crashed here before you....but he is not here right now. I know of that crisis, most of the Namekians gone, storms.....I believe one known as Max Banders a man of much education and intelligence was doing something about that? He dwells on this planet..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Pages:
    He is just blinking at the wonder and the strangeness that is Poka. They walk up to her, not sure what to think.
    "Vodkana already gave me a cookie. I'll try the hug instead..."
    Poka shrugs and then eats the muffin herself in one bite. Then she hugs the android child somewhat more gently than she did the pony earlier.

"Okay then, My Buggy-Buddy says you've got too many thinky-thoughts in your head. We had to deal with that kind of thing before--I kind of had to help him deal with conflicting emotions before he could get all Godly, and let me tell you I had a HFIL of a problem with anger after I firth went pure."

"Anyway, this is something called meditation."
    Poka conjures a couple of comfortable looking pillows on the floor and sits on one. "since it's your first time, I'm gonna guide you, but after the first couple of times, you should be able to do it on your own. Just sit down, relax, and try to breathe evenly. Then let me know when you're ready."
    Solitus:
    "Hah! An imperfect being presumes to know what is perfect better than I, the perfect being? You reveal your ignorance with your Words! I do not err. Ever. When I make a Decision, there is no such thing as a Wrong One! When I do something, there is no such thing as a Wrong Action! I am the source of all Rightness and Goodness, and therefore everything I do is perfect. I embody it, and therefore perfection is made from me! There is no other Possible way for a Perfect being to exist, as any Perfect being knows! That and this tunic is awesome you don't know anything, you clearly just can't see its true form with your imperfect sight!!"
    He turns to Panama with that same creepy smile.
    "Now its time to create more of the perfection....don't worry Panana.."
    He advances upon her to press his flaming hand against her forehead to spread those horrifying changing fires.
    "I forgive you."

Meanwhile, Kurumo just instantaneous movements in front of Traube as the guards get blasted away and says
    "I don't care."
    Meanwhile, with Oxy and Starlight.

"Oh, damn. I just got a sudden urge to go slap the dumbass out of someone. Anyway, when Poka's done guiding Pages, the two of us can gather the Dragon Balls in maybe an hour top and we can drop them off with the RA. Even if they're not used immediately, having them ready makes sense."

"Is there anything else I should know about?"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-05-16 at 07:50 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Cello, Astralys and Tabby:

"I am a child of very special parents, who are friends with very special people, with very special knowledge. And I see fate. Those are the reasons why I know. Well that and there was a Namekian that crashed here before you....but he is not here right now. I know of that crisis, most of the Namekians gone, storms.....I believe one known as Max Banders a man of much education and intelligence was doing something about that? He dwells on this planet..."
    Cello leapt to his feet, and grabbed the stranger by the hands.

"Can you take me to this 'Max Banders'?! I would know the fate of my people! Please, I beg of you. I will be in your debt."

The Namekian looks at his saviors with wide, hopeful eyes.
    Avatar created by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Masala and Co.
    "Alright! Lets go!"
    Masala bounces up and grabs Pinappla by the arm to lead on the way. Beryl takes Jades arm as well.
    "come on lets go as well."
    "what. Why?"
    "To visit Oxy and Poka of course! We haven't seen them in like what? 10 or 11 years?"
    "But why me?"
    "you know why..."
    "No I don't! Me and Oxy argued up storms last time I checked! He probably doesn't miss me, he likes his freedom, his space, me there will just remind me of when I there being bossy at everyone."
    Beryl begins dragging Jade along in flight while rolling her eyes.
    "Oh just come along...."
    Jade futilely struggles as she is dragged along.
    "C'mon! It'll be awkward and he won't know our new names, and just a whole bunch of things have changed y'know?"
    "All the more reason to catch him up." Beryl says patiently.
    "Ok, but I'm not telling him our Odyssey all over again, if he wanted to hear it from me, he should been at the meeting."
    "I'll be glad to give him the short version instead."

Astralys
    "If you so wish to meet him, just follow me..."
    She goes over to Tabby to pick her up- it'd be irresponsible to leave her here and last time she checked, tabby can't fly- then began flying towards the Shining City.

Oxy City:
    "....Huh...warm. Soft. Comforting. I can see why so many people in the memories like it...."
    Pages begins breathing and calming down then says
    "....I'm ready."

You detect two kis heading this way. If one was to look out at them, one could see there was actually four flying people: Masala was curious flying around to check out the city, exictedly flitting to and fro with Pinappla wide eyed, nervously following along to observe as well, while Beryl flies in third dragging along an awkward feeling Jade Refera looking away from the rest.

Mekrashin: Realize Your Needed.
    He is sitting out in a wasteland counting all the gold and treasure he acquired, having lost the Steam brawlers, when Stabbit asks
    "Hey....now that your plan to hide and sneak attack ol' Deatheye has failed.....shouldn't ya...yanno....tell dem about da Fleet and such? Cause dey preppin' for it...."
    Mekrashin blinks at this thne suddenly.
    "Well Gork Me in the Mork, Yer Right Stabbit! I gott go tell 'em about Warlord Deatheye an' why he is coming!"
    He then flies off.

Soon while Luxana is letting Apfel know through a communicator provided by Max's Shining City that the ground forces are being assembled, Mekrashin comes flying in.
    "HEEEEY!!"
    "Advanced scout! shoot it!" a bnch of warriors around her get ready
    "WAIT! I gotz info about' Warlord Deatheye! Da Ork Fleet! Ya wanna 'ear dis!"
    Luxana holds up a hand to stop them.
    "Really?"
    "Yah, derez 'portan' reazonz why e's comin' ere.....mostly involvin' me...."

Luxana speaks into the communicator.
    "....Apfel, you may want to hear this...."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Shining City

"And don't think I didn't notice you almost reaching the form yourself, you little go-getter. You were right at the brink. Good effort, earlier." Max gave her a thumbs up, before continuing."[/COLOR]
    "Uh, thanks...." Katnep said awkwardly.

King Vegeta:

"Alright. First, you must focus on your rage. Then you must reach deep within. You must bring out that rage from a spark into a raging fire, picturing someone close dying might help..."
    Katnep took a deep breath, swiftly powering up into the Stormart of Rage. Then she began building up her anger, focusing it in her mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    [Oxy City]

"Oh, damn. I just got a sudden urge to go slap the dumbass out of someone. Anyway, when Poka's done guiding Pages, the two of us can gather the Dragon Balls in maybe an hour top and we can drop them off with the RA. Even if they're not used immediately, having them ready makes sense."

"Is there anything else I should know about?"
    Oxy City:

You detect two kis heading this way. If one was to look out at them, one could see there was actually four flying people: Masala was curious flying around to check out the city, exictedly flitting to and fro with Pinappla wide eyed, nervously following along to observe as well, while Beryl flies in third dragging along an awkward feeling Jade Refera looking away from the rest.
    Starlight couldn't help but giggle slightly. "It's been a long time since I've seen you this passionate," she remarked. "Um, nothing that I can think of, no."

She glanced out the window. "Oh! Looks like we have company. Remember what I told you about Jade and Beryl?" Because she definitely told Oxy everything that happened on one of her visits, unless he didn't want to hear it, which seems unlikely.

Astralys

She goes over to Tabby to pick her up- it'd be irresponsible to leave her here and last time she checked, tabby can't fly- then began flying towards the Shining City.
    "Awww, but auntie Tigra will be there, and she'll be mad I left," Tabby whined.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

Oxy City:
    "....Huh...warm. Soft. Comforting. I can see why so many people in the memories like it...."
    Pages begins breathing and calming down then says
    "....I'm ready."
    "Take a moment to think of just--wait, that's the wrong kind of mediation. Anyway, listen closely to the sound of my voice. focus on it. Breath in, breath out..."

And onward like that, Poka guides the child into a meditative trance, leading to him floating amongst his thoughts, however, he might picture it.

"...now, you should find yourself floating to your largest, most prominent thought. And there's no reason to resist, or be afraid. Just, gently ease into it. Calmly, and let it take you to where it's going to take you, okay? Now where are you, Pages? where has it taken you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Starlight couldn't help but giggle slightly. "It's been a long time since I've seen you this passionate," she remarked. "Um, nothing that I can think of, no."

She glanced out the window. "Oh! Looks like we have company. Remember what I told you about Jade and Beryl?" Because she definitely told Oxy everything that happened on one of her visits, unless he didn't want to hear it, which seems unlikely.
    Oxt smiles, brings finger to his mouth in a shoosing motion, and then instant transports away...

...Right behind Masala, Pinapla, Beryl, and Jade, counting on his divine ki to keep him from being detected right away.

"Boo!"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-05-17 at 09:54 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Spookytimes?
    The effect is immediate: Masala and Pinappla both scream:
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! A GHOST!"
    Then run around screaming at top of their lungs, Pinappla she is a nervous little saiyan and Masala because she is Masala. Beryl goes
    "What! A Boo? Where!? Someone call Mario!"
    Jade's reaction is no less outrageous but in a different direction
    "Don't worry I'll protect you!"
    She whirls around the Thorn Blades suddenly called to her hand swinging away out of combat reflexes at Oxyribo then stops after a few swings.
    "Oh its just Oxyribo."
    "Yes, he might be good at dealing with the Boo as well."
    The saiyan and the Majin are still running around screaming their heads off.

Meanwhile Pages thinks and says
    "....Back with.....the other bio-androids....but I can't help them. the programming.....its too much...if I went.....I'd just be contributing to the problem....under that....the fighting. the infiltrating. the disguising sabotaging, assassinating. The things I'm built for. Though an idea occurs under that....shapeshifting plus the multi-form to use to act out entire plays and movies all by myself.....just be every role....and make the BEST plays...."

10. - Top - End - #340

Traube

She thought she was home-free, before the last thing she wanted to see appeared in front of her. She barely had time to react before a single blow struck, and the world began to turn black. All she was able to do before slumping to the floor, unconscious, was say something in a Deep Incirrian language to Kurumo. To those who could understand it, she spoke of horrible things done to Kurumo's mother.

Apfel

Understood. Apfel replied, tapping his earpiece to eavesdrop on the conversation. He lifted his glasses up to his forehead, finding the glass that was once required for him to see things in NOT a blur, it was becoming physically painful for him to look through. He wanted his monocle back, but that would have to wait until after the battle.

Orbit

Hey Max, good news. Artic spoke on a frequency to the aforementioned human. I think i've developed something that should give us an edge. Well...even more of an edge than we have already. Seriously, what the HFIL is so dangerous about Orks that we need an entire LEGION of Homeworlders to help? Anyways, I found some optimizations in the targeting software on your ship. Let me install a patch, you should get a 0.48% accuracy increase. You can also give me control of weapon systems, I can coordinate them with the Legions' volleys. I...MIGHT have hacked their scouters. While naturally he can't predict where they're going to fire, he can predict it, based on what targets the HUDs on their scouters alert their users to, referencing the direction being looked towards with predictive algorithms and referencing system-wide scanning equipment can return a reasonably accurate solution for knowing who is targeting what ship.

Should help things more efficiently.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

11. - Top - End - #341

Spookytimes?
    The effect is immediate: Masala and Pinappla both scream:
    Then run around screaming at top of their lungs, Pinappla she is a nervous little saiyan and Masala because she is Masala. Beryl goes
    "What! A Boo? Where!? Someone call Mario!"
    Jade's reaction is no less outrageous but in a different direction
    "Don't worry I'll protect you!"
    She whirls around the Thorn Blades suddenly called to her hand swinging away out of combat reflexes at Oxyribo then stops after a few swings.
    "Oh its just Oxyribo."
    "Yes, he might be good at dealing with the Boo as well."
    The saiyan and the Majin are still running around screaming their heads off.
    "A bit jumpy, arne't they?"

"Jade, Beryl, it's been a while."

The fact that he knows their names would either be spooky or remind them that Starlight's been in touch... If he wasn't looking at the wrong android when he said each name.

Meanwhile Pages thinks and says
    "....Back with.....the other bio-androids....but I can't help them. the programming..... it's too much...if I went.....I'd just be contributing to the problem....under that....the fighting. the infiltrating. the disguising sabotaging, assassinating. The things I'm built for. Though an idea occurs under that....shapeshifting plus the multi-form to use to act out entire plays and movies all by myself.....just be every role....and make the BEST plays...."
    "Hmmm. Yeah, that works. Okay, imagine that all of your memories and thoughts are one big play--every person you remember is just a character, each major event is just a piece of scenery. Can you do that Pages?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmmm. Yeah, that works. Okay, imagine that all of your memories and thoughts are one big play--every person you remember is just a character, each major event is just a piece of scenery. Can you do that Pages?"
    Starlight was tempted to tell Poka to tell Pages to also imagine it as a musical, but she refrained from interrupting, electing to follow Oxy in stealth mode instead.

"A bit jumpy, arne't they?"

"Jade, Beryl, it's been a while."

The fact that he knows their names would either be spooky or remind them that Starlight's been in touch... If he wasn't looking at the wrong android when he said each name.
    Starlight burst out giggling, dropping her stealth mode. "Yeah, they've clearly been relying on their ki sense too much," she replied, still giggling.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

Astralys
    Cello watches in awe as the two of them fly into the air, then comes to a sudden realization.

"Um, excuse me! I can't fly!"

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Astralys and Co.
    She facepalms she set Tabby back down.
    "Of course you can't. How did I forget?"
    She considers this. She can't carry them both. and she still wanted Tabby on Adventure! Which Tigra would probably not let her go on....hm.
    "Ok. I'm going to do a tricksy fate thing. Its shenanigans But I think I have a way to solve all our problems: I'm going to create two false fates for me and Tabby. Basically trick fate into thinking we're two adult Seers of Shanakan thus creating fate-illusions around us two. Now they'll see as us responsible adult seers working to help Max! But warning: this disguise won't work against other Seers. They can literally see right through it."
    She weaves the identities around them and they form like knitted clothing over their bodies as two short but definitely adult Seers.
    "Next, I simply have to search out an appropriate flying machine...."
    Her eyes glow and she says
    "That'll do."
    She pulls on a fate string and out of the distances comes a steampunk flying ship out of nowhere piloted by pirates
    "Yarharharhar, we so do like plundering, enslaving and killing people!" says one.
    "Lets find a puppy and kick it!" says another.
    "Hey chaps I've been reading this book about how the cranial formations of beastmen prove they're inferior to us, so its perfectly ok to enslave them!"
    While they were talking about this, Astralys leaps up and lands on deck. A few minutes of fighting later and a bunch of pirate corpses who seem to succumbed to have somehow all succumbed to heart attacks all at the time are thrown out of the ship and it lands next to them, Astralys looking down at them at the helm.
    "Oh how fortunate, we just seemed to have come across a vessel we can conveniently take that was full of known pirates and slavers who all coincidentally died of heart attacks. Shall we go then?"

Oxy City
    "Masala....I think she''ll just always be like that. Pinappla.....I'm working on her. Also I'M Jade, Beryl is 22."
    Beryl soon calms them down and they introduce themselves to Oxyribo.
    "Hiiii!!! I'm Masala, Super Majin Cosplayer Extraordinaire! And Scissor-Blade Wielder! also I'm Santa, a Knight, a Superhero, and a Jester!"
    "Hi I'm....Pinappla of Clan Celeria....and Jade's student now...." the five-foot saiyan girl says sheepishly.
    "Yes shes my....." Masala looks up Pinappla for a moment.
    "I'm going to say "date" for now."
    Pinappla blushes a little then Masala turns back to Oxyribo
    "Anyways your Oxyribo? Cool! I heard about you, My Moms used you and Vodkana as an example of Things Not To Do a lot!"
    "Masala... show tact." Beryl gently reminds her.
    "Oh right, that totally didn't happen! I was totally lying, they used Yama."
    You sense the last part about Yama was actually true.
    "I haven't heard about you at all.....I was like, 5 when we moved to New Plant..."
    "Yeah, theres a lot to catch you up on Oxy. We'll probably doing a lot of short versions....and yeah your not dissauding us from calling up the Tuffles and seeing what upgrades they can apply to us now that they've had ten years to work on our tech, starlight."
    Summarized if you will. A version of events that are say, devoid of filler and needless padding. The Gistened Version. One feels as if there is another word we can use beginning with an "A" but the narrator forgets. Oh well.

Meanwhile Pages speaks:
    "Yes...I can do that....I see the stage. I see the people and.....huh.....the stage is expanding....more and more.....its....huh....the stage is round now.....with trees and oceans and mountains....with cities and people on it.....every person....is every person on Earth...not this one....another one.....flying cars....capsules.....no ki.....something about south city being destroyed.....then.....then..."
    He is confused.
    "Then blankness after that. Did they edit these memories out? I feel as if there should be more..."

Mekrashin:
    "Right see, First of all, Da reazon dey comin', is cause I made dis WAAAAAGH! Engine bionik dat you kan put in her chest and it makez ya do tings dat ya normally can't wit' WAAAAGH energy. kause normally, ya need a big WAAAAAGH to do em, lotza orks fightin' togetha, but me WAAAAGH Engine changes dat, cause through da powa of science it draws WAAAAGH energy all across da universe and gives it to me wiffout needin' to be surrounded by orkz see? It makez me a one-ork WAAAAGH! Den I basikally took it fer meself ratha dan givin' it Warlord Deatheye, Da leada of da WAAAAGH."
    "Ok, where is it? Maybe we can give it to him and he'll leave us alone."
    "Nah, I already put it me chest, replaced me heart wiffit, take it now and oi die."
    "WHAT!? You threw away a potential chance at peace!"
    "Chance at a piece o' wot? Pie? fungus beer? fightin'?"
    "Ugh, nevermind. Who is this Warlord Deatheye?"
    "Oh, A real roight Git he is. Was mindin' me own business when he press ganged me into his WAAAAAGH! even though I'm a Freebooter an' do wot I want. Made me make stuff fer 'im even as he told me I was unorky fer not bein' a Goff. I'd beware of 'im though. He da strongest and biggest Ork in me galaxy where Oi come from. Killed da previous one known as Axe King Meraxes King of Axes and took his Axes, Da Twin Axes of Gork and Mork.

See Deatheye's dangerous cause most Orkz....we jus' take our sluggas and fire off a bunch of dakka in da general direction o' da enemy and pray to Gork and Mork dat it'll hit, y'know common sense dakka firin'. But see, Deatheye, he's different. He has discovered a sekkrit art dat no otha Ork knows! Unlike othaz, he needz ta only fire one dakka to kill 'is enemiez. He is da most akkurate shot in his galaxy. Deres nuffin' he can't hit! All because he has somehow discovered dis art, considered an impossible legend among da Orkz, a myth dat none could achieve.....but he did.....The Art of...

He looks left and right then leans in close as if sharing a sacred secret.
    "Aiming."
    Dun dun DUUUUUUNN!!!
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-05-18 at 02:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Oxy City
    "Masala....I think she''ll just always be like that. Pinappla.....I'm working on her. Also I'M Jade, Beryl is 22."
    Beryl soon calms them down and they introduce themselves to Oxyribo.
    "Hiiii!!! I'm Masala, Super Majin Cosplayer Extraordinaire! And Scissor-Blade Wielder! also I'm Santa, a Knight, a Superhero, and a Jester!"
    "Hi I'm....Pinappla of Clan Celeria....and Jade's student now...." the five-foot saiyan girl says sheepishly.
    "Yes shes my....." Masala looks up Pinappla for a moment.
    "I'm going to say "date" for now."
    Pinappla blushes a little then Masala turns back to Oxyribo
    "Anyways your Oxyribo? Cool! I heard about you, My Moms used you and Vodkana as an example of Things Not To Do a lot!"
    "Masala... show tact." Beryl gently reminds her.
    "Oh right, that totally didn't happen! I was totally lying, they used Yama."
    You sense the last part about Yama was actually true.
    "I haven't heard about you at all.....I was like, 5 when we moved to New Plant..."
    "Yeah, theres a lot to catch you up on Oxy. We'll probably doing a lot of short versions....and yeah your not dissauding us from calling up the Tuffles and seeing what upgrades they can apply to us now that they've had ten years to work on our tech, starlight."
    Summarized if you will. A version of events that are say, devoid of filler and needless padding. The Gistened Version. One feels as if there is another word we can use beginning with an "A" but the narrator forgets. Oh well.
    Oxy just blinks.

"Seriously. I can't leave you people alone. Anyway, Starlight filled me in on what's going on in Otherworld. Once Poka's done helping the kid organize his thoughts we're going to gather up the Dragon Balls. See if they can do something about Fate Manipulation and if not, I can always finally wish for Immortality and then pop over and troll Solitus. You know, I'd completely forgotten about him until today? Where are the RA based now, anyway?"
    Meanwhile Pages speaks:
    "Yes...I can do that....I see the stage. I see the people and.....huh.....the stage is expanding....more and more.....its....huh....the stage is round now.....with trees and oceans and mountains....with cities and people on it.....every person....is every person on Earth...not this one....another one.....flying cars....capsules.....no ki.....something about south city being destroyed.....then.....then..."
    He is confused.
    "Then blankness after that. Did they edit these memories out? I feel as if there should be more..."
    "Oh, Okay Pages, Focus. We can work on that in a little bit. Back to the Stage... Maybe that was a bit too much..."

"Okay, maybe imagine that each actor is playinf more than one character? All of the Saiyans are one actor, all of the humans another, and all the Nameks a hird. That's a bit less precise, but baby steps. We're trying to organize. Just, imagine that each actor represents a subject. Can you do that?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Oxy just blinks.

"Seriously. I can't leave you people alone. Anyway, Starlight filled me in on what's going on in Otherworld. Once Poka's done helping the kid organize his thoughts we're going to gather up the Dragon Balls. See if they can do something about Fate Manipulation and if not, I can always finally wish for Immortality and then pop over and troll Solitus. You know, I'd completely forgotten about him until today? Where are the RA based now, anyway?"
    "Oh, Okay Pages, Focus. We can work on that in a little bit. Back to the Stage... Maybe that was a bit too much..."

"Okay, maybe imagine that each actor is playinf more than one character? All of the Saiyans are one actor, all of the humans another, and all the Nameks a hird. That's a bit less precise, but baby steps. We're trying to organize. Just, imagine that each actor represents a subject. Can you do that?"
    Kurumo and Shanakan
    The two Seers suddenly turn around. The Dragon Balls used were a big event in fate that sent out waves backwards through time.

"Guards, take them to the Katchinatraz. I have business to attend to."
    Solitus Guards take Dishana and Traube to a cube of katchin prison floating in the distance, where he was keeping other prisoners.

Meanwhile Shanakan stands up in a panic.
    "No!"
    This was bad. He just saw a future where Kurumo successfully stole a wish for himself for immortality. He could not let that happen. He tears off any remaining blocks in his vision and flies off in a rush to find the nearest Dragon Ball with his fate vision.

Meanwhile Kurumo just for one rare moment, smiles as he weaves fate. Either Oxyribo will play into his hands and get the Dragon Balls, or Shanakan will get one and prevent them being used. Either way....he wins.

Oxy City
    "Okay, seems like a plan. Based now? uh....Well....I think Shining City maybe? Y'know, Max, pure human guy, real genius, working to uplift the planet like you are. Though we haven't really worked as the RA for a decade....might have to come up with something different. Starlight wasn't there plans for a Time Militia or Chrono-Militia to form from all the time travelers around? You and Poka are time travelers so it'd be right up your alley. We got full jurisdiction over our universe thanks to a deal I cut with the Time Patrol. the string attached is that we're basically isolated from the rest of reality until the Trombone threat is completely dealt with though."

Pages mumbles
    "okay hm.....lets see......saiyans and namekians are smallest......humans are the largest...followed by beastmen and monster type earthlings......I get it we're sort things..... perhaps sub-stages where sub actors are divided by job.....oh I get it, compartmentalization...."

17. - Top - End - #347

Oxy City
    "Okay, seems like a plan. Based now? uh....Well....I think Shining City maybe? Y'know, Max, pure human guy, real genius, working to uplift the planet like you are. Though we haven't really worked as the RA for a decade....might have to come up with something different. Starlight wasn't there plans for a Time Militia or Chrono-Militia to form from all the time travelers around? You and Poka are time travelers so it'd be right up your alley. We got full jurisdiction over our universe thanks to a deal I cut with the Time Patrol. the string attached is that we're basically isolated from the rest of reality until the Trombone threat is completely dealt with though."
    "Intersting... By the way, do you have any idea how powerful Solitus and this other guy are? Starlight said the plan was to wait them out, but if Needed, there are a couple of ways that we can make Poka's power jump even well past my own, though I won't commit to anything without her input and permision, in case raw power is needed."
    Pages mumbles
    "okay hm.....lets see......saiyans and namekians are smallest......humans are the largest...followed by beastmen and monster type earthlings......I get it we're sort things..... perhaps sub-stages where sub actors are divided by job.....oh I get it, compartmentalization...."
    "Yes, exactly. What's going on is that I'm trying to use guided meditation to help you build something called a mind palace, a sort of visualization, based on really whatever you want it to be, that helps you sort and compartmentalize your thoughts so you can think straight without unwanted memories and junk getting in the way. But if metaphor isn't working so well... Right now, we're just trying to get all of your false memories sorted so you can deal with them. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just sort your thoughts as well as you can."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Astralys and Co.

She facepalms she set Tabby back down.

"Of course you can't. How did I forget?"

She considers this. She can't carry them both. and she still wanted Tabby on Adventure! Which Tigra would probably not let her go on....hm.

"Ok. I'm going to do a tricksy fate thing. Its shenanigans But I think I have a way to solve all our problems: I'm going to create two false fates for me and Tabby. Basically trick fate into thinking we're two adult Seers of Shanakan thus creating fate-illusions around us two. Now they'll see as us responsible adult seers working to help Max! But warning: this disguise won't work against other Seers. They can literally see right through it."

She weaves the identities around them and they form like knitted clothing over their bodies as two short but definitely adult Seers.

"Next, I simply have to search out an appropriate flying machine...."

Her eyes glow and she says, "That'll do."

She pulls on a fate string and out of the distances comes a steampunk flying ship out of nowhere piloted by pirates

"Yarharharhar, we so do like plundering, enslaving and killing people!" says one.

"Lets find a puppy and kick it!" says another.

"Hey chaps I've been reading this book about how the cranial formations of beastmen prove they're inferior to us, so its perfectly ok to enslave them!"

While they were talking about this, Astralys leaps up and lands on deck. A few minutes of fighting later and a bunch of pirate corpses who seem to succumbed to have somehow all succumbed to heart attacks all at the time are thrown out of the ship and it lands next to them, Astralys looking down at them at the helm.

"Oh how fortunate, we just seemed to have come across a vessel we can conveniently take that was full of known pirates and slavers who all coincidentally died of heart attacks. Shall we go then?"
    "I'm preeeetty sure now you're just making stuff up on the spot," Tabby replied, hopping aboard the ship.

Oxy just blinks.

"We're ... pretty decentralized right now," Starlight replied. That was her way of saying they'd all sort of gone their separate ways. "But Shining City seems to be the closest thing we've got to a base."

Oxy City

"You know ... that's a good idea," Starlight replied. "I mean, I've been keeping an eye on everyone when I have time, but it would be good to have help. Maybe get some proper monitoring equipment...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm preeeetty sure now you're just making stuff up on the spot," Tabby replied, hopping aboard the ship.
    Cello watches, completely in awe as the disguises are made, and the pirate slaves are dispatched.

"You must be one of the most powerful beings on this planet!"

Cello also climbs aboard the ship.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarforgedTank View Post
    Cello watches, completely in awe as the disguises are made, and the pirate slaves are dispatched.

"You must be one of the most powerful beings on this planet!"

Cello also climbs aboard the ship.
    "I mean, he's not wrong," Tabby remarked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Pages
    "I see....hm.....ok....yeah the humans will take the longest, lets just put them all in one actor for now.....come back to that later, consider it an ongoing project.... aliens are more specific so that they're easier to sort....and put all my real memories....here. Wow thats miniscule compared to all the ones around me..."
    She/he thinks about this.
    "Its clearer now, but this cuts my access to all my non-fighting, non-infiltrating skills until I go into that civilian/human actor again. I mean I can draw it back up and basically do any mundane skill, but the voices and information overload would return again."

Astralys
    "Technically true I guess. But I would not say I'm in the Top 10 by any means."
    She says as the ship takes off for Shining City, loading up the anchor and starting the engines
    "There are many who can beat me. My Father for one. My Mother for another. And they themselves compete with various other beings. It'd be foolish of me to face any of them, even if my methods of attack bypass raw power."

The Referas
    "I've no idea how powerful he is. I can't sense divine energy ever since I gave the Guardianship to Luxana, and you remember that he had a super form BEFORE anyone else right? Who knows what he has now. That and that terrible spell he has to wipe soul's memories and replace them with his own....you sure its a good idea to get near him with that? He could grab you and replace you with a Solitus mind. Not sure if a Dragon can wish that back, or if immortality can protect against something nonphysical.

That and if Kurumo is there well....he can call up the bio-Androids he has, and we don't know how many he has currently but we do know that if they're anything like Cell, they can reproduce rapidly. He might just telepathically order them to teleport straight there to fight and just be an endless nuisance you can't get past. Which would only build his living army up and make this a whole lot more complicated and harder for us."

"Why doesn't Kurumo just order the Bio-androids to start reproducing now then sic an army of them all upon us? Seems like he'd win."
    "I don't know, but if he can see fate, then he probably looked into the future to see what result if he did. If he isn't doing that, it must be bad for him or the unvierse somehow. We already have a child bio-android trying to help as best they can, so whatever other stronger bio-androids he has probably doesn't like serving him either and will do anything they can to get free and.....they'd eventually figure out a way. Making an order to make more of them now might actually be bad for him, since it means that when they DO get free....there'll be more bio-androids turning against him. So he keeps them in reserve to use sparingly. Especially given that we also want them free, so that two groups that will want to get rid of the programming, meaning to him it must be only a matter of time. You don't use your trump card too early."
    "but wait, why would too many bio-androids be bad for the universe? if they're anything like Oxy, they could improve it a lot." Pinappla says looking around the city he uplifted.
    "Yes but they could also hate their creators and go on complete revenge schemes and totally screw everything over. That and from a Kai perspective, do you really want to be known as the universe populated by a lot of bio-android super-weapons capable of taking over all of existence to the rest of them? Especially we're already quarantined for our universe having techniques that can steal godhoods.... I doubt thats the image Kurumo would want of U13 in the long term."
    "As for the Chrono Militia....cool Starlight, I vote the leader be called "The Trigger".

22. - Top - End - #352

Pages
    "I see....hm.....ok....yeah the humans will take the longest, lets just put them all in one actor for now.....come back to that later, consider it an ongoing project.... aliens are more specific so that they're easier to sort....and put all my real memories....here. Wow thats miniscule compared to all the ones around me..."
    She/he thinks about this.
    "Its clearer now, but this cuts my access to all my non-fighting, non-infiltrating skills until I go into that civilian/human actor again. I mean I can draw it back up and basically do any mundane skill, but the voices and information overload would return again."
    "That's okay. This is just a temporary measure until you can think straight, and since you know what to do you can do it again if you have to, and I can help you do it again if you need help. With practice, you should be able to do this with a thought and be so organized that you only pull out the memories you want when you want them"

"But now that you're just you, right now... "Who are you? Who do you want to be? What do you want to be?"

The Referas
    "I've no idea how powerful he is. I can't sense divine energy ever since I gave the Guardianship to Luxana, and you remember that he had a super form BEFORE anyone else right? Who knows what he has now. That and that terrible spell he has to wipe soul's memories and replace them with his own....you sure its a good idea to get near him with that? He could grab you and replace you with a Solitus mind. Not sure if a Dragon can wish that back, or if immortality can protect against something nonphysical.
    "It honestly depends on what you mean by immortality. While the Super Dragon Balls can grant True immortality, lesser balls really depend on the power someone put into them... I could probably alter the Dragon Balls to define immortality as the percistance of life and the preservation of the Self, which should protect against beign so rewritten as well as loss of memory or mental faculties over time due to age, time, or damage to the brain, but it would probably come at the cost of the physical benifets of immortality--aglessness and imperviousness to harm--being lost, making one no better at withstanind or recovering from damage or the ravages of time even as they continue to live. Not a problem for myself, but anybody without my healing factor or at least eternal youth would be consigning themselves to an eventual descent into a living hell, being unable to die even as they are rendered aware but comatose by age or else reduced to a mutilated husk by injury. Continuing to live even when reduced to a handful of cells or when blasted to atoms."

"Which now that I think about it, makes for an excellent safeguard and would let me make the balls capable of granting an existance closer to true immortaliy than I would otherwise capable of, if I divided immortality between mostly mental immortality and the agelessness and invulnerability sought after by Frieza and Vegeta in the original timeline, requiring two wishes to become fully immortal. If I set it to defualt to mental immortality if it's not specified, than if someone manages to get pas the password and any other safeguards, it would ensure that even though they were immortal they could still be dispatched conventionally."

That and if Kurumo is there well....he can call up the bio-Androids he has, and we don't know how many he has currently but we do know that if they're anything like Cell, they can reproduce rapidly. He might just telepathically order them to teleport straight there to fight and just be an endless nuisance you can't get past. Which would only build his living army up and make this a whole lot more complicated and harder for us."
    "Why doesn't Kurumo just order the Bio-androids to start reproducing now then sic an army of them all upon us? Seems like he'd win."
    "I don't know, but if he can see fate, then he probably looked into the future to see what result if he did. If he isn't doing that, it must be bad for him or the unvierse somehow. We already have a child bio-android trying to help as best they can, so whatever other stronger bio-androids he has probably doesn't like serving him either and will do anything they can to get free and.....they'd eventually figure out a way. Making an order to make more of them now might actually be bad for him, since it means that when they DO get free....there'll be more bio-androids turning against him. So he keeps them in reserve to use sparingly. Especially given that we also want them free, so that two groups that will want to get rid of the programming, meaning to him it must be only a matter of time. You don't use your trump card too early."
    "but wait, why would too many bio-androids be bad for the universe? if they're anything like Oxy, they could improve it a lot." Pinappla says looking around the city he uplifted.
    "Yes but they could also hate their creators and go on complete revenge schemes and totally screw everything over. That and from a Kai perspective, do you really want to be known as the universe populated by a lot of bio-android super-weapons capable of taking over all of existence to the rest of them? Especially we're already quarantined for our universe having techniques that can steal godhoods.... I doubt thats the image Kurumo would want of U13 in the long term."
    "As for the Chrono Militia....cool Starlight, I vote the leader be called "The Trigger".
    "What I'm hearing is that I may or may not to pose a messiah figure to a mass-produced army of my technical species."

Oxy blinks.

"That... That is honestly the one thing I never expected I'd have to do when I stole the time machine in my youth."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #353

RedWizardGuy

Orbit

"Ah, good to hear from you Arctic. And if you want to run the cannons, then come on up to the bridge. It will be faster to use the control interface from here than try to run it remotely. The system works a lot better when there's a person interfaced with the neural headband and isn't just using the manual controls. It might need a little time to calibrate to your particular brainwaves, but once that system is online, you'll be able to command all the weapons of the ship at once." What Max wasn't mentioning was that the full weapons system pod was an immersive virtual reality environment unto itself, immersing the user in a full view of the surrounding area in an interactable 3d interface, and providing a live streaming view from all angles of the ship. What Max also wasn't saying was that he preferred not to try and use that interface while using split form. It could just be too much to pay attention to if he was doing that and other high attention demanding tasks on other splits.

Training With Saiyans (and Baron Freis somewhere in there)

As Katnep tried to reach the right state of mind to trigger the transformation, Max waited patiently. He took the moment to think back to his previous experiences with saiyans transforming. The fanfare, the ritual, the declaration of not dealing with your average saiyan almost every time. Then again, in his experience becoming a super saiyan had only increased someone's power level by two, four if they had the spikier hair and lightning. That seemed to be a difference in physics between his timeline of origin and Universe 13, though. His kaioken technique also had a much higher limit, and he hadn't heard anyone talking about higher super saiyan forms. If they worked the same way, having an even greater multiple of power, this could quickly become a problem in the wrong hands. So, while Max waited, he resolved not to mention the higher forms of super saiyan until there were at least a few trustable super saiyans around. It also might induce culture shock if he revealed that there were further progressions to the super saiyain state, with the saiyans only just having seen their first.

If Katnep was having problems hitting the point of transforming, Max would clear his throat and speak up. Offer some advice, even. He Had helped someone reach super saiyan form before...back in his own timeline. But he would only speak up if needed. After all, she didn't seem like she'd be having as hard a time as the King had in reaching the state.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Referas
    "Tell me about it! I feel like a messiah figure for everyone who saw me defeat Hailing. Pinappla literally came here because she was inspired by me doing that when she was six, and I met so many people who looked up to me on our ten year Odyssey across the galaxy. When I just thought I'd beat up/kill a dude that was being a jerk and blowing up planets y'know? even ended going into a rainbow super form, while hopes dreams blared and sparing him so that he can be put inside a planets core to power Arcos by burning away all his sins with like.....an entire lifetime of torment, because apparently other wise Arcos would die and the only fuel the core accept is people filled with evil and this same fuel is apparently the Arcosians planets Guardian! That and Hailing wasn't even your normal cackling idiot, turns out he was this depressed wreck who was competent at running his empire when he wasn't blowing up planets or being a decadent hedonist, thought in oddly similar ways to me, and was this way because he got beaten up by Beerus then killed his own wife in some other incident, I think because he lost his temper one day. Believe me I can relate."
    Jade says crossing her arms and remembering that day. She then shrugs at Oxy's explanation.
    "whatever, I don't have the energy to discuss those kind of high-end details with you anymore. I'm just going to trust you know what your talking about."

Pages says
    "....I dunno. Sigh....I still don't know...previously it was because too many spoke, now its because my mind is empty of anything certain..."

25. - Top - End - #355

Referas
    "Tell me about it! I feel like a messiah figure for everyone who saw me defeat Hailing. Pinappla literally came here because she was inspired by me doing that when she was six, and I met so many people who looked up to me on our ten year Odyssey across the galaxy. When I just thought I'd beat up/kill a dude that was being a jerk and blowing up planets y'know? even ended going into a rainbow super form, while hopes dreams blared and sparing him so that he can be put inside a planets core to power Arcos by burning away all his sins with like.....an entire lifetime of torment, because apparently other wise Arcos would die and the only fuel the core accept is people filled with evil and this same fuel is apparently the Arcosians planets Guardian! That and Hailing wasn't even your normal cackling idiot, turns out he was this depressed wreck who was competent at running his empire when he wasn't blowing up planets or being a decadent hedonist, thought in oddly similar ways to me, and was this way because he got beaten up by Beerus then killed his own wife in some other incident, I think because he lost his temper one day. Believe me I can relate."
    Jade says crossing her arms and remembering that day. She then shrugs at Oxy's explanation.
    "whatever, I don't have the energy to discuss those kind of high-end details with you anymore. I'm just going to trust you know what your talking about."
    Oxy blinks.

"And now I know what Doctor Gero felt like when he found out about what happened on Namek. I can sense Poka starting to move, so..." he sort of waves his hands in a "I don't know what to say" kind of way.
    Pages says
    "....I dunno. Sigh....I still don't know...previously it was because too many spoke, now its because my mind is empty of anything certain..."
    "That's okay. You're little. Full grown people sometimes don't know who they are or what they want to be yet. Oxy kind of became the King here by accident and honestly I'm just winging it. Anyway, I think we've got as far as we're gonna get with this session, so I'm gonna bring you bring you back up now. Focus on the douns of my voice. You're coming back up now, easy..."

And like that, Poka leads him out of the mediative state. When Pages opens his eyes, Poka is standing infront of him, offering a hand to help him up.

"Come on, let's go see everyone."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-05-19 at 05:59 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh good, I was beginning to fear we'd gotten past the point of references I don't get," Starlight said wryly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Training With Saiyans (and Baron Freis somewhere in there)

As Katnep tried to reach the right state of mind to trigger the transformation, Max waited patiently. He took the moment to think back to his previous experiences with saiyans transforming. The fanfare, the ritual, the declaration of not dealing with your average saiyan almost every time. Then again, in his experience becoming a super saiyan had only increased someone's power level by two, four if they had the spikier hair and lightning. That seemed to be a difference in physics between his timeline of origin and Universe 13, though. His kaioken technique also had a much higher limit, and he hadn't heard anyone talking about higher super saiyan forms. If they worked the same way, having an even greater multiple of power, this could quickly become a problem in the wrong hands. So, while Max waited, he resolved not to mention the higher forms of super saiyan until there were at least a few trustable super saiyans around. It also might induce culture shock if he revealed that there were further progressions to the super saiyain state, with the saiyans only just having seen their first.

If Katnep was having problems hitting the point of transforming, Max would clear his throat and speak up. Offer some advice, even. He Had helped someone reach super saiyan form before...back in his own timeline. But he would only speak up if needed. After all, she didn't seem like she'd be having as hard a time as the King had in reaching the state.
    Katnep growled to herself. Her mind was so full of thoughts right now. If what Vodkana said was true, then ... what next? She was confused, she wasn't sure where to go from here. And while that made her angry, it was a confused rage, not the clear, focused rage of a super saiyan.

Remembering Vegeta's advice, she closed her eyes and imagined Pinappla being killed by Vodkana. She clenched her fists, getting more and more angry, but it still wasn't enough.

Then she started to cook herself.

She placed a hand on her chest, and once again, she fired her cooking beam at her own body. The pain was immediate, wracking her entire body as it entered a cycle of almost being cooked alive before triggering a zenkai boost, starting the cycle over again. A golden aura formed around her as lightning crackled around her, the earth trembling as her hair began to turn golden. Her saiyan energy began building up, she was close ... then her mind wandered, and she lost it, the explosion of energy creating a massive crater as she fell down. But this time, at least she didn't fall unconscious.

Oxy blinks.

"And now I know what Doctor Gero felt like when he found out about what happened on Namek. I can sense Poka starting to move, so..." he sort of waves his hands in a "I don't know what to say" kind of way.
    "Wait, didn't I mention that?" Starlight asked, puzzled.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #357

[COLOR="#0000FF"]"Wait, didn't I mention that?" Starlight asked, puzzled.
    "Mention what?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #358

RedWizardGuy

Training with Saiyans (Baron Freis incoming?)

Max was snapped out of his reverie by Katnep's energy going unstable, but he reacted calmly by throwing a hand up an erecting a shield of Ki to keep from having to worry about it. This left something of a divot in the resulting crater. With the explosive release of energy past, Max walked over to Katnep. He slid down the edge of the crater and reached out to pat her on the shoulder, "Well, that was rather....a thing. Before you try again, how about you come with me and we all sit down and go through a few exercises. Uh, Mental exercises that is. After you've got a handle on them, it should be easier to sort things out internally and transform."

If she followed him over, Max would move to sit down outside of the blasted crater. Seated on the ground, he would hold one hand up, palm flat and start talking,"Now, you, like every saiyan and saiyan hybrid, have a certain amount of natural affinity for using your ki. Flying, throwing ki blasts, these are rather natural things. Stuff you can just Do. It certainly makes it easier to learn ki techniques, at least some of them. For others, you'll find that the explanation someone gives you just doesn't make sense, because it's probably an explanation from someone who isn't a native ki user. Like humans, for example. But while non-native ki users have a gap to cross to start using ki as easily as native ki users, that gap can act as a challenge. A challenge that, in surpassing, gives greater insight into the fundamentals of ki use." As he's been talking, Max has formed a ball of ki over his hand, then split it into two equal halves. And as he's kept talking, he's continued splitting it, over and over again, until there is a tiny field of twinkling bits of ki floating over his hand, "Coming to conscious awareness of how energy flows within your body is fundamental to a number of things. Such as mastering transformations that are inherent to one's species. There are mental tools that you can use to ease that along, as well. On the extreme end, creating a memory palace and linking your emotions to various constructs within it would grant extreme control over yourself. So much so that it might be rather off putting when interacting with a normal person, who generally don't know what the term memory palace refers to. "

As he continues talking, the twinkling field of miniature ki balls start to move, many coalescing in the center while others spread out and orbit the larger mass, gradually resolving into a semi-accurate model of the galaxy, "But you probably won't need mental tools that extreme to reach the super saiyan state. After all, King Vegeta managed it, and while he had the hardest time of anyone I've ever seen reaching that form, he still didn't need the mental tools of a memory palace allowing complete emotional self control. So we're going to start with something more basic. Just some breathing and focusing inward. I want you to close your eyes and take some slow, deep breaths. Just, keep doing that. If your mind wanders, that's fine. Every time you notice your mind wandering, just go back to the slow, deep breaths. And when you're settled, as slowly as you can, summon up a ball of ki to your hand. Try to feel where the energy is coming from within yourself as you do it. If you do it too fast to notice, that's okay, just let the ball go and try again. The greater your awareness expands within yourself, the greater your control over your own ki will become. And when we get to the part of using your emotions to control your ki, you'll want that facet of control."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Katnep nodded, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. She began summoning a ball of ki to her hand -- a technique which was second nature to her. However, her mind continued to wander. Vodkana's face kept appearing in her mind, and that sense of uncertainty about her future pervaded her thoughts. Out of frustration, she let out a shout and threw the ki ball in a random direction, causing an explosion at the point of impact.

"I cannot focus!" she complained.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #360

RedWizardGuy

Saiyan Training

Max tilted his head, looking at Katnep for a few moments before responding with, "Well, what's got you distracted? Just...do your best to talk about it. Ramble, even. Just keep going until you've worded what is distracting you the way you want it to be said."