New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: City of Sinister Delights IC 3

As Sharkun get awkward hgging him, Hannibal give a pat on the man shoulder and nod.
    "You did well, and yes. Exchanging the wands would be of great help", just remind to take mine back after.

Spoiler: Geist Wand
    Show
    Mine have 25 charges left.
    Let me know how much your have.

"Will do", he answer Corwin, "And you stay safe there".

Turning to Raikou, Hannibal smile.
    "The battle was brutal but with this demonic statue we can open a new path back to the flowered stairs: it is the twin of the angelic one Ross found ages ago".

He follow the guys and help each to cross the pit with rope and grappling hook, until they reach the room where the fought the harpies and the strange creature from the iron maiden. He watch everyone healing and ask himself for some healing.

[spoiler=Rusty needs 12 points of healing: the FH and temp hp helped a lot.[/spoiler]

And just when they are about to rest, the house topple over their heads.
    "Seems Alexia isnt happy. Not even a taunt this time", he says and sniff the air around, "Let's keep on moving and find a better place to rest. Also, for future reference: I dont think a seven hour rest is enough for mages to recover their spells. One of the ways of hunting a mage is to always keep them with less hour sleep, until they're fatigued enough to close in", the mageslayer says remembering his trainning during his youth, "I would suggest leaving Specimen Storage and go somewhere else. Maybe the Master's Room".

Spoiler: Hunter's Sense
    Show
    Exchanging to hunter's sense stance to gain Scent. Which altough isnt See Invisibility, might give some help.

"One thing is certain: if we keep walking around the way we are, the Kerberos will make agood work of us. So keen your senses and lets go".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You sniff the air around you...and it smells pretty bad.

This whole place used to be a zoo of sorts. All manner of monsters caged and now killed, but nothing that comes even close to being around you. Someone did unmake Elizabeth's safe haven, but the culprit is nowhere around to be found or smelled. It would seem that whatever you took from Alexia has her rather mad. Seven hours will not be enough for Travis and Raikou to rest enough and regain spells. Although you may have killed a lot of creatures here, you are badly spent. Even with Sharkun handing you his own wand of Wraithstrike, that thing prowling this floor seemed unkillable- maybe even tougher than Subject Barrin.

Then there's the Kerberos, which no doubt could be flying unseen around here. No, you got what you needed from this place and perhaps you can return later and clean it up of any remaining enemies, but not today.

@The Party: Following the Hammer Man, you ascend the stairs and all can swear you hear a distant shambling from the floor you were just in, far away into the dark. Something is still walking around there, alive... in a sense, but not an immediate threat.

The first floor is utterly deprived of hostiles- all were slain by Elabeth when she first arrived here, as you walk up to the old lift, which is waiting for you and you can see three possible destinations:

1. Solarium

2. Indoctrination

3. Control Center

You have been to the Control Center and found more than what you bargained for. Chances are Finney is still lurking around that place.

Indoctrination is still an unknown area. Not even Surveillance Cameras had footage of that place.

Which leaves the Solarium. That pool area should lead you back to the manor and to Sir Alexander's personal bedroom, which should be relatively safe.

But the choice of destination is ultimately yours.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: It's a tight squeeze as all five of you step onto the elevator.

These metal boxes were designed with four people in mind, not five. Raikou being as a tall as an infant gives you some leeway, but put someone else inside, and this metal box won't even budge, as Rusty pushes the button to Solarium and the metal grates shut, releasing a gout of steam as the lights inside flicker and the lift begins its slow ascent.

The distant growls of unknown creatures can be heard in the dark as the old metal box wobbles for a few seconds and at times, threatens to stop or drop altogether, but after a solid ten minute ride and with a DING sound, the grates open and you all look at the Solarium.

For Sharkun, this was a one time visit- a bloody set of pools and eerie sea themed murals with dangling iron maidens swinging lazily several feet off the water.

For everyone else, you know what swims in this place, as Rusty tries to catch scent of anything nearby... and a quick presence in the water eludes his scent before swimming away.

As is to be expected, you may not be alone in the Solarium.

Spoiler: The Checks
    Show
    Roll Spot & Listen

Map

Spoiler: Screenshot
    Show
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-26 at 03:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

As they ride the elevator, Rusty look at Elizabeth clad in heavy armor. A pathetic vision or at least hilarious to see.

"I believe you would fare better if you stripped", Rusty says to Elizabeth, "Of your armor, of course".

Rusty also give back the Enlarge Person wand to Sharkun, "Ah yes, before I forget. Olidammaran habits, after all".

He stay quiet for the rest of the ride u, or at leas tit seems as he start speaking to Corwin.

"Hey, Corwin. I need you to track down two people's information. Something to keep you entertained. First one is from the Mercy: Celaena Roceran, a female elf which was taken by someone that might have been Hannah or that Kara. The second one is a man named Jamedithas Tarmikos, a hunter of sorts. Probably a ranger and probably from Hamalthan. Something accord the lines of: the world most awesome hunter-kind of guy".

"Also, if you can, alert Anya's sister about Alexia's surveilance on her. And maybe ask Nana to have Vin Von sleep in the Bitter Coffee, since she was also under surveilance and her presence cheer up the spirits of the mercyfolk. It would be bad if we have another Hannah incident occuring with those two. Mostly Vin Vom, since I wouldnt mind breaking Anya's sister for her arrogance".

When finally manage to reach the pools, he give it a sniff and spit in the water, "Cant smell anything out of ordinary for thos place: only a pool of death. Be aware of frogs".

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Spot (1d20+3)[19]
    Listen (1d20+3)[9]

"Guys: I can see at least three frogs swiming there", he says pointing with his head.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2018-02-25 at 09:59 PM.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes this is rather heavy, however at the time when it was only myself and Celaena it was the only thing keeping me alive. However speed will be needed to get by the pools, if you could help me Hannibal?" the old woman asks, happy to get out of the armor if they had the time to do so and put it in one of the bags the party had.

Once they all reach the top the old woman peaks out the door and if she doesn't see anything begins running like a crazy old fool trying to get as swiftly as possible to the other side before the frog like creatures got rilled up by their presence.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Spot (1d20+6)[14]
    Listen (1d20+6)[21]

If she doesn't spot or hear anything she is running at x4 her speed if the armor is off for a total of 120ft.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: Of course these things would be in the water... three by your count. These things are fast and they are deadly. Any other day, and you;d probably smash them good, but right now none of you are in the best position to fight these frogs as you contact Corwin and ask him several questions.

Celaena Roceran... that name eludes me, Hannibal. I have been in The Mercy for a lot shorter time than you and Ross, but i will use any contacts I have to find her and anything or anyone related to her.

Jamedithas Tarmikos is a name I am familiar with, though.

That guy was a poacher. A hunter like many others in the City who fell from grace when he went hunting into Glenndale Park and incited the wrath from Lady Silvarel and the druid community. That is a natural reserve and the Ehlonnians did not take his actions well.

Rather than killing him, Tarmikos was banished and forbidden from ever practicing any kind of game sport in the City. As a result, he lost all his clients- wealthy and unscrupulous men of power and money that paid good coin for the finest hunts, which Jamnedithas arranged in advance.

He called his tours...City Safari. You can guess how well that went for the druids.

After that, he lost it all and disappeared off the grid. None knew anything else about him.

I will alert Soraya and Vim about this, Hannibal. You are right- we don't need another Hannah incident. Right now, the Mercy is crippled- even more so than before. Slowly, the many factions here are starting to clean the undead menace, but if a second hannah were to surface, it would be disastrous. Nana should have no problems sheltering Vim at the Bitter Coffee. She will be safe there.

If you gather more information, please let me know. And as always... be cautious.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

"You missed those three." Sister Elizabeth points out the three Hannibal had missed. "Seems like they were waiting for dinner and we just arrived on time. Keep on running and don't stop like we did the last time?" the old woman says looking to Hannibal for confirmation before running across at top speed if he agreed with the assessment.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Back in the lower floor, Sharkun waits for Travis to be fully healed before he presents himself before Elizabeth.
    "Thank you my sister, your magic proved invaluable once more."

Later, he takes the time to remove his wand of Wraithstrike from its wand chamber, hand it to Rusty, and insert his into his weapon. "It has 46 charges remaining.". He also puts the wand of Enlarge Person to his belt again.

Once they exit the elevator, Sharkun recognizes the place.
    "Ah, this room again. The one supposed to be filled with aquatic monsters, though we didn't find them on our way in. Rusty, sister Elizabeth, you are detecting six of them? I haven't faced these creatures before unlike you. What course of action should we follow? I don't have any means of escaping in case I fall into the water, mind you."
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay. Lets make a sprint out of it", Hannibbal orders, "should any get grappled and dragged down, we do our thing. Also, hold your breaths for that overwhelming stench".

He look to Sharkun, "It would be wise to safekeep your weapon, as they are a big fan on disarming and eating people's weapon".

Once everyone is ready, Rusty nod with his head and run to the other side, hoping everyone to follow suit.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh it is nothing, we all have our jobs to do after all, healers heal, mages do mage things, and the people with big strong muscles hit things until they die." Sister Elizabeth says simply, as if anyone could do what she had done.

Hearing Hannibal confirm that they were running across the old lady didn't waste a single second as she bolted across to the finish line that was the doors that would lead her to the grand entry.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharkun pays good heed to Rusty's advice, and stores his guisarme to safety. Taking a moment to meditate, as soon as Elizabeth makes her first step out of the elevator, he races to closely follow her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Switching to Iron Guard's Glare stance. Readying my run action so that Sharkun is always 5ft behind Elizabeth.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

"Maybe coming here was a bad idea."

Travis readies himself to run along with the others.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    If the fight was less than half an hour ago, he can use Shadow Jaunt again.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You give some quick advice to Sharkun regarding what swims in those pools and set your sights on the metal double doors at the other end of the Solarium, instructing everyone to get ready and make a run for it.

You have already seen what these creatures can do- they are deadly and you are in no position now to take the fight to them. Not after the grueling battle in Specimen Storage.

@Travis: Stating this is a bad idea may be an understatement.

This whole place is crawling with creatures that bite, spit, slam, rend and even cast. If you aren't careful, you may very well end up dead. The prudent mage would not even come down here in the first place. Let alone thrice.

And yet here you are. The trek from the bottom of Specimen Storage all the way to the Solarium has exhausted the Heroics spell on you, but it's only a matter of recasting it- you did buy a brand new wand, after all.

But it's running time, as Rusty, Raikou, Elizabeth and Sharkun start bolting towards the stone walkway and their speed is hampered. Yours is not, so might as well follow and not get further separated in this place.

@The Party: It's a wild run through the stone walkway as you watch the six silhouettes swimming close to your location, matching your speed... and then one of you steps on a panel on the ground as sheer instinct takes ahold of most of you- Alexia likes to keep her domain trapped after all- and either barrel roll or leap over wicked spiked grates that seal the walkway on both ends.

All accounted for on this side. Everyone's safe, yes...

Except for Sharkun! The Jasidian dwarf wasn't fast enough. Not limber enough. Who's ever heard of an acrobatic dwarf, anyway?

And then the pools begin to splash wildly as six hideous creatures leap out of the water, with three hopping onto the walkway as they fix their gaze on the paladin and the other three are on your side of the pool:

The Gammas... and they have come out in full force. Alexia really doesn't want you progressing any further, as the frog like mutants croak in your direction and bare webbed claws, ready to strike and take you down into the Solarium's murky depths.

You should be able to deal with the ones here, but what about Sharkun? He's been trapped by that damn grate!

Round 1

@Sharkun: The three creatures with you close in and immediately Rusty's warnings come true, as the air around them becomes unbearable!

Spoiler: Stench
    Show
    Alexia used many different gene pools to create these early versions and as such, gave them a constant sickening stench.

Any living creature within the aura must succeed at a Fortitude DC 22 save or become Nauseated for as long as they stay within the aura and for (See Below) rounds after leaving the aura. Being poison derived, a dwarf's bonus vs. poison applies. Because they are three, Sharkun needs to make 3 successful saves.

If failed vs. Gamma 1: 4 rounds after leaving the stench radius

If failed vs. Gamma 2: 4 rounds after leaving the stench radius

If failed vs. Gamma 3: 4 rounds after leaving the stench radius

A successful save renders a target immune to that Gamma's Stench aura for 24 hours.

Whether you can avoid their nauseating stink, these creatures come in swinging, with one of them actually trying to bite your arm off!

Spoiler: 1st FA
    Show
    12 damage

11 damage

Spoiler: 2nd FA
    Show
    13 damage

Spoiler: 3rd FA
    Show
    12 damage

11 damage

Bite 12 damage plus Improved Grab DC 34

@Elizabeth: The door is right behind you. All you have to do is push it open and hopefully- just hopefully- they won't follow... but can you leave the dwarf behind? No time to think much about that, as one of the creatures croaks loudly and leaps towards you, nearly ripping your face off with his claw!

Spoiler: Leap Attack Claw
    Show
    33 damage

@Raikou: One of the frogs on your end watches Elizabeth brutally clawed and leaps at you, digging his claws deep across tour face.

Spoiler: Leap Attack
    Show
    30 damage

@Travis: Yes... this was definitely a bad idea!

The last frog on your end croaks loudly and leaps towards you, nearly bisecting your body in two!

Spoiler: Leap Attack
    Show
    28 damage

@The Party: These monsters are far more rabid than usual. Vicious to the extreme, they are hell bent on putting you all down. Chances are you can dispose of the ones on your end...

But what about Sharkun?

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth
    Rusty
    Sharkun

Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-26 at 11:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Rusty look at Travis and just say, "You know your pessimist attitude wont help, right?", but gives no time for a reply as he start running through the walk.

Once on the other side, he watch as Sharkun is trapped and those around him attack by a full force. Damn it: where is an acrobatic dwarf when you need him? And then it strikes him that itia in the bottom on this very room. A watery grave for Folkir right here.

"Ok, guys! Time to end these beast once and for all. For Folkir and all that died by these monsters!"

Swinging his hammer around he make it turn black as the Hammer start talking spooky things. Something about frog genocide.

Spoiler: For Folkir!
    Show
    UMD fr wraithstrike (1d20)[6]
    PA 5

1st (1d20+10)[18] dmg (3d6+23)[37]
    2nd (1d20+5)[12] dmg (3d6+23)[36]

Attacks are onthe frog melee to him. If the first attack kill it, then he'll 5ft step northeast and release the second attack on the one besides Elizabeth.

No matter the outcome, hell take the 5ft step northeast.

"Raikou! Can you blast those barriers to smithereens?"

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: By now, Travis' almost nihilistic attitude is, sadly, all too common.

There are some cults spread around Oerth that get into that. Not you, though.

You already died in this place and in this particular pool, Folkir met his end by a combined assault from these Gammas and the Kerberos Hound... but not this time.

You are not letting yet another brave warrior face his end in Alexia's domain by these slippery bastards, as you bring your Hammer to once again become wreathed in black fire and the talks resume... last rites, if you will.

The first Hammer bash strikes the Gamma closer to you. Like before, it's not resistant to your blows, but they sure are durable, even if Alexia herself claimed they were flawed.

As you sidestep to Hammer the second one, the bastard grins and ducks a few inches before the hammer manages to connect. These things are quick and agile, what with all that jumping around.

You could have a good old slaughter fest here, but Sharkun needs to be on this side first...and who knows if Raikou can do that.

Map

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth

Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-27 at 06:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

In a matter of seconds, Sharkun finds himself trapped, heavily wounded, and grappled. The situation is dire. He knows he will not survive another such sequence of attacks. He needs to escape, and to ask for help.

Show

Full-round action: full-round attack, all iteratives are attempts to break the grapple. (1d20+13)[27] (1d20+8)[15]
    In case at least one of these attempts succeeds, then 5ft step south to get Sharkun to the grate.
    Swift action: in case this is possible, WRT on Rusty through the grate.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

@Sharkun: Rusty wasn't kidding.

These creatures may not have eyes, but they know exactly were to find you and effectively disable you. Their claws hurt, but it's that ones bite that has you locked down pretty good.

No matter how hard you try to wriggle yourself out, this monster's bite is as tough as the beast you fought down in Specimen Storage. Their stench is disgusting, but as a dwarf, you have smelled worse.

The problem is that with that grate separating you from the others, getting close to them is impossible by this point. Either they break you out... or you may find yourself fighting underwater. Not the most pleasing idea, to be sure.

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth

Rusty
    Sharkun

18. - Top - End - #438
    Firbolg in the Playground

Raikou grimaces when he sees the grate come down between Sharkun and the rest of the group. The situation is worsened when the horde of Gammas jumps out of the water and swarms the poor dwarf.

Wow this just went from bad to really really bad.

I may not be able to completely destroy this barrier, but if Jumpy lends a little acid blasting, that might do the trick.

Having said that, the halfling sends a powerful blast of sound at the center of the gate.

Spoiler: Bringing down barriers!
    Show
    Standard action to defensively cast sound lance, targeting the grate. Concentration DC 18 (1d20+16)[30]

The grate takes (10d8)[45] sonic damage
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

@Raikou: That grate was built to be blasted.

Sure, it's a hindrance- and a minor one if you all were aptly prepared- but as it stands, with everyone badly wounded and spent spell wise, might as well be trying to climb a mountain using only your teeth.

Thankfully, you are never really spent, as you aim your hand at the grate and blast it with sheer sonic force, enough to cause the old metal to twist and turn before shattering into a million rusted pieces.

The way is clear to get Sharkun out, but there's still the matter of having a bunch of gammas in your way, all hungry.

Map

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth

Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-27 at 10:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Not wanting to risk it as she watches the gamma by her side resist Hannibal's Hammer, Sister Elizabeth withdraws to the hallway just outside where to her knowledge the monsters would not follow allowing her a moment to breath next round and hopefully use her harp.

Spoiler: Full round action
    Show

Using a 5ft step to move back and to the left diagonaly (like so) / this should place her just outside the room and into the hallway X15
    Followed by using my standard action now that I should not be threatened to move 30ft straight back X22

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

"This was entirely avoidable" Travis notes.

With few other options he steps back 5' and tries blasting the frog which attacked him with acid.

OOC: (1d20+11)[25] ranged touch, (5d6)[19] acid

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: Unlike other foes faced before in this manor, these frogs can withstand Hannibal's Hammer... this is not good.

The man rarely if ever misses a swing... and yet here we are. Time to retreat. These monsters are a nasty bunch and the team is hardly in a position to fight against six of them.

The Gamma croaks in your direction as you step back towards the small hallway and watch the metal doors shut. You can still hear the battle, but the frogs aren't following you...

Not while they have abundant prey in the Solarium, at least.

@Travis: Could this have been avoided? At least in ten different ways, off the top of your head.

However, the situation at hand has been set and once again, another fight for survival ensues in the Ashford Manor. Rusty's Hammer may have failed to connect, but your acid splash does not suffer such limitations as you cause a globule to explode on the creature's eyeless face.

It's not dead, but at least you reminded him not to mess with you, as you take a cautionary step back.

Round 2

@Sharkun: Two of the creatures attacking you grin wickedly as the one with your arm in its mouth opens wide as his tongue wraps around your neck and attempts to gulp you down!

Spoiler: Swallow Whole
    Show
    Grapple DC 30. If failed, Sharkun is swallowed whole and takes 8 damage and 3 acid damage from the Gamma's stomach.

A swallowed creature can try to cut its way free with any light slashing or piercing weapon, or it can just try to escape the grapple; if the swallowed creature escapes the grapple, success puts it back in the attacker’s mouth, where it may be bitten or swallowed again.

If Sharkun breaks free of the Grapple, the Gamma will leave anyways, allowing Sharkun a chance at an AoO provided he has a weapon at hand.

Swallowed or not, the damn frog leaps off into the pool, as his two amphibian brethren grin at all of you and jump into the pool as well.

@Raikou: The frog faced mutant next to you opens wide and out comes his sticky pink tongue... which wraps around your precious Runestaff of Protections.

This bastard wants to pry it off your tiny hands!

Spoiler: Tongue Lash
    Show
    Improved Disarm DC 24. If Raikou fails, the Runestaff ends in the Gamma's mouth. Regardless of the outcome..

The frog does a back flip and splashes into the pool.

@Rusty: Damn frogs and their slippery hides!

The one you bashed opens his mouth and tries the same trick on Raikou... but with The Hammer!

Spoiler: Tongue Lash
    Show
    Improved Disarm DC 24.

But rather than hop into the water, leaps several feet back on the stone walkway and grins at you...pretty much baiting for you to come forth.

The other Gamma, alone and unhurt, attempts to slash you twice with his claws, but it's the bite that does it, as he chomps down hard.

Spoiler: Bite
    Show

13 damage plus Improved Grab DC 33

Map

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth
    Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-27 at 11:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Believing herself safe from harm at the moment, Sister Elizabeth moves forward as she takes out her harp and begins playing, trying to inspire the others to do the best they can while also healing them.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move Action to move 20ft. forward to X18
    Swift Action Inspirational Boost
    Standard Action Inspire courage +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls
    Perform Harp (1d20+10)[23] FH 3 to all allies within 60ft that can hear the harp

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: You could rush further down the hall, away from The Solarium...

Or you could move just a few steps closer. Not really peeking in, more like standing proud and defiant...in spirit. At a distance. Unseen.

But not unheard, as you start playing your harp and can only hope it bolsters your allies in yet another fight against these wretched frogs.

Map

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis

Elizabeth
    Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-27 at 11:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Rusty is read to set to help Sharkun when a frog gladly bite his arm, with a (death)wish of redhaired olidammaran for dessert while another try to swallow his hammer, but thanks to his new purchases all he get is a punch in the tongue, swatting it back to its mouth.

Looking at the creature chomping at his arm right in the eye, he forget of Sharkun for now and spin wildly as he brings the hammer inside the creature's mouth, attempting to break its skull from the inside.

Spoiler: Wolverine Wraith PA
    Show
    PA of 5
    UMD for Wraithstrike (1d20)[13]

1st (1d20+13)[32] dmg (1d12+25)[36]
    1st (1d20+8)[22] dmg (1d12+23)[34]

As the frog's head give in and his hammer come out of it, Hannibal looks at the daring frog and shout.
    "I'm not losing another of remetagross's character ally for this pool!"
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2018-02-27 at 11:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: There is a reason why you were brought back here...

As the Gamma chomps on your arm you watch Sharkun struggle and are reminded of that fateful walk with Plaehn not too long ago. Back when you had Sparky by your side.

You watched that Ilumian Inquisitor dragged and drowned and fried in that pool. The screens in Surveillance showed a similar fate for a pretty red head as well.

No... no more deaths in this pool. Not on your end, at least, as you raise your Hammer and the talking gets dark. Dark and painful.

These things may not have eyes, but the Gamma that pathetically attempted to release your Hammer from your hands watches and its rubbery jaw drops as you massacre his kin.

If there were any bones left in this creature... they are pulverized by now. Just a mess of grey warty flesh spilling blood from its mouth as you kick the sorry carcass to the side and grip your best friend and only true ally, as you foam at the mouth and spit to the water, getting ready to have another chat with these late night swimmers.

Now there is a chance you may have to swim down to rescue Sharkun. if that is the case, the age old questioned will have to be answered:

Can Rusty kill an entire pool of mutant frog men on his own under water?

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis

Elizabeth
    Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-28 at 02:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

"Glrrblblb" gurgles Sharkun as he feels himself pulled inside the belly of the revulsing frog man. A violent bouncing motion accompanied by a splashing sound indicates the creature has dived underwater as well. Great.

Trying to keep his calm, Sharkun gestures away at his belt to try and get a hold on one of his wands. He also punches the inner stomach of the creature with his spiked gauntlet.

Show

Full-round action: full-round attack. First iterative: grapple check to try to draw the wand of Benign Transposition. (1d20+13)[16]. Second iterative: attack roll with the armor spikes. (1d20+13)[26] and damage roll (1d6+8)[10]

Also, I'm not sure the stomach is considered to hold enough air to allow Sharkun to not have to hold his breath. In case the answer is no, effective underwater rounds: 2/44
    Last edited by remetagross; 2018-02-28 at 06:16 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis tries blasting the remaining visible foe with his last lesser electric orb.

OOC: (1d20+11)[30] ranged touch, (5d8)[13] electric

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

@Sharkun: Try as you might, the sight of your allies is replaced by blood and churning organs, followed by a loud splash as water begins to flow into this most painful womb.

The Gamma has swallowed you and is now swimming into the depths of this pool. Retrieving one of your precious wands is impossible at this point- no room to maneuver, but you can at least give this creature a stomach ache as you punch his stomach enough to rupture it, if only a little.

The frog doesn't like it, but he's not yet ready to let go his undigested meal.

@Travis: With all the frogs gone underwater, you can't really pinpoint their direction, but the one Rusty hurt is still on the far end of the walk way- a sure hit, which is demonstrated as you launch a small crackling orb towards it and just like Raikou, strike the amphibian fiend on the face.

It's not an impressive hit, but a sure one. Enough to leave it weakened for the others to finish it off.

@Elizabeth: Although you can't see what's happening, you can certainly hear the sounds of battle and multiple splashes in the water. Your harp will keep on playing, no matter what.

You need to make sure they are safe.

Spoiler: The Checks
    Show
    Roll a Spot & Listen

Map

Show
    The Gamma Series
    Raikou
    Travis
    Elizabeth
    Rusty
    Sharkun
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-28 at 10:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Firbolg in the Playground

NOOOOOO LANDSHARK!!

Not another ally lost in this horrible room...

These damn frogs.

Raikou is quite angry now and turns to the last frog standing.

Keep at it with the lightning Jumpy!

Spoiler: Lesser orb of electricity
    Show
    Standard action to cast lesser orb of electricity

Ranged touch attack (1d20+12)[20]
    It takes (5d8)[27] electricity damage
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus