New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: City of Sinister Delights IC 3

Travis looks in the bag.

"Ah! Thanks, this could come in handy.

Wait, what? As Raikou must have told you, coming back to life drained my spells for the day. I spent the day studying.

Michael's treatment, eh? No way in hell. I call no man boss. Only boss I had was Hannah, and that job is over. If that old fool wants to start a fistfight with me, let him try it himself. I don't need spells to spank him the way he deserves.

Of course, I'm still in the fight against the pest lady - that must be why I did come back after all. But does our approach make sense? We need to discuss it. And what did happen today? Stormy?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You bid the badge wearing thugs good bye and ignore the Eye in the Sky, forever hovering over the City and once you spot Travis, you hand him his share of the loot and some scrolls to get him by.

You also make sure he knows the situation back home: he didn't get you out and now has earned the title of Exile amongst the Olidammarans in The Mercy. You also inform him that he ought to get punched in the face, but....

If he meets up with them again, he can do what Olidammarans do best regarding that story. If he is so concerned to join the fight, you will all be returning in three days to deal with Alexia, Conjurer or not by your side.

And if he is by your side, the Bitter Coffee will be the place to meet up. There are other things you want to tell Travis. About Michael and everything that has transpired and how you...

Nah! There isn't anything else to talk to this guy about. Hell, there's free booze and goth chicks to talk to, as you hail the Necropunks and a few, still flying above the trees on shadowy wings, hail back.

It's Sal, with his black mohawk that steps up.

"Beat it, narc! We don't like badges around here.""

Silvana watches Sinio leave Runestone with the guards and the gates close silently as she stands on the table and places her boot against the keg, causing the poor skeleton to rattle all over as it looks up at his mistress, shedding a single drop of sweat.

"Your boy over there and his walking stick of a dwarf say they are friends of Connor. You came with them, so that makes you a dirty cop...

And we don't like cops. So scram before we lose our mellow and your friends turn yellow."

Whatever did those two idiots say this time? You're on break now, dammit! And that's free booze!

@Elizabeth: Celaena looks around at the huge new area and then at the statue as you flip through the files and hand her the one talking about the Jabberwocky.

The elven maiden looks at you and smiles.

"I think you may have read the file wrong sister. It's not a Jabberwocky. They call them... Bandersnatch. And given the file, it says it only has one arm. We are two. If we spot one, we should be able to deal with it, don't worry.

As for teleporting creatures, I hope we don't stumble upon them. I can fight things that are a little mobile, but not that mobile."

As for the statue, it's old, but nothing relevant about it. Maybe Cutter's twisted design of this area when he took over. A few high pitched shrieks can be heard further into the dark, but such a thing is expected in a place like this.

Celaena walks a bit ahead, blade in hand and shedding light as she stops in front of a large metal door. It's closed, but doesn't have a lock or anything. A sign has been placed outside:

A few gold coins can be seen on the ground as Celaena looks at the sign.

"I recognize that writing: It's Tarmikos'. What do you say?""

Map

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharkun broods sourly in the cab, irritated by the constant chatter of the driver. When they arrive before the Orpheum, he looks at the window and peers at the golden youth of Hamalthan entering for partying and drinking. He, at least some in this place are having fun, though the entrance fee is thirty people to burn alive.

The party then enters Runestone. Sharkun does not want to be facing more carefree and futily happy people, and does not answer the taunts of the band of hipstomancers (guess what, I can even shove my own guisarme up in my arse, ain't that a crazy trick? Though I'll do it only if you burn your friend there). Instead, upon seeing Travis taking a stroll, and leaving Raikou and Rusty to their own devices, he heads towards him, and salutes with a bow. He relaxes a little.

"Good evening, Travis. So it seems my mission is actually to work with you and your team to fight off the undead invasion, right now. Wee Jas must have smiled on our encounter, I suppose. I have spoken with the barmaid of the Bitter Coffee, she made me meet Raikou (again) as well as the man named Rusty. Sharkun waves towards them.
    So you are with them as well. Are there any more than the three of you? And what are you doing by night in the middle of Runestone, actually? You don't really look like you are going to join the teenagers over there for a drink, do you?"
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

“Oh my it is, thats what happens when you get old, stories begin to blur together.” the old woman says a light blush from the embarrassment coming to her face. Following Celaena Sister Elizabeth reads the sign a few times before looking down the path that was still unexplored. “On one hand if we do not go inside it we have a potential enemy at our backs on top of the lickers and bird things. On the other if we go inside and your jailer is in there do you think the two of us will be able to handle him alone?” she asks, waiting on the answer.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If she believes the two of them can do this Sister Elizabeth will begin using her harp and healing hymn again followed by Harmonic chorus to grant a +2 to her CL and the DC of her spells.

IF she doesn't want to risk it, well they keep on walking

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

To Travis
    "Just giving you a heads up and saving you a punch", he says, "We were to be family and ignoring other's sendings or needs isnt what family should do. Be ready for some aquatic combats, as there may be the need for those in three days and we can discuss what happened today somewhere else".

To Silvanas
    Bob Lovejoy halt in his tracks and look at the punk girl.
    "They're not cops nor have much love for Connor. Where did you get the idea from?", he says and look to her quizzically, "How much drank so far to believe that?"

"In fact, I guess not even his mother might love him".

Rusty scratch his beard, "Whatever he said, he probably is grumpy: we just lost a dwarven friend today", he says pointing to the dwarf, "A good one in fact".

Spoiler: Olidammaran Diplomat?
    Show
    Trying to cam her down and... be friends again?
    (1d20+17)[21]
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: There are still monsters in the floor above, but from what you have gathered, they require that heavy lift to descend. If any are to come down, you should, in theory, hear them approaching.

And upon Celaena's correction on the creature mentioned in the file, you harken back to the days when you did read the famous book by Lewis Carol. There were many characters in it. Amongst them, the titular Alice and her nemesis, The Red Queen.

"If Jamendithas Tarmikos is inside, Sister, I need to have a few words with him. Although it will be a very one sided conversation, believe me. My friends were tortured by that man and that's his writing. If he's cooped up there...

We'll get him. You just make sure to keep us both standing. Deal?""

And with that, Celaena uses all her strength to push the heavy ogre sized door a few feet aside, releasing a nauseating odor- animal waste. In fact, the place looks like some pen, to keep animals inside. Piles of hay are littered around, as well as four large metal canisters, placed on each corner of the darkened room. Three doors can be seen to leave this place, but one thing catches booth of your attention, as something has been placed in the center of this pen:

A hammer... and it looks of very fine make. It has been forcefully struck to the ground and left cracks around it. Maybe you can hoist it. Maybe, as Celaena walks towards it and inspects the fine piece.

"It has a wand chamber in it. I don't recall ever seeing Tarmikos wield a hammer. he was more of an arrow kind of guy. What do you propose?""

Map

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"What an odd place for such a large weapon to be if not your friends. Sadly if I try to lift it up I will only slow the two of us down. Perhaps we should leave it here for now and put our own sign on the door like I have been doing in case the others begin descending down here. After all I can not wield it even if I could lift it up and actually fight with it. Best to leave it where it is for now." she says looking at the four cages. "Umm is it just me or do those cages look vaguely familiar? Like the ones you warned me about before?" the old woman says lowering her voice as she points at one of the cages while scanning those closest to her to see if they have any damage to them.

Spoiler: Spot Check
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15] for some reason I think one of these things is going to get lose or is lose. Call me paranoid but I'm not going to stop singing, playing my harp, and harmonizing with my new best friend.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2018-01-30 at 12:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: Being confined to heavy armor and now bereft of it as the cool night breeze flows through your fiery beard sure seems nice. A nice change after all the running and fighting and dying...

Alexia will not get the last laugh out of this. You will return, better prepared. Your first order of business is to visit that pool and kill every last frog swimming in there. Crush their eggs with your boot afterwards. make sure they never spawn again.

And for that, you will need help. Those sons of bitches are vicious, but you can be a monster too when needed...

And you will need to be the Biggest Monster in that house upon your return. Raikou and Sharkun need to be in top shape, same for Travis. Elizabeth is most likely dead by now... screw her. If Sharkun is as good as he claims and Raikou vouches for him, you may not need the old hag after all.

And so, you lecture Travis on the meaning of family. Seti had a similar idea, but he's dead now. Dead because in the end, he thought he could run things solo. A hypocrite in principle after giving you and Ross a big speech and now, he's one of Alexia's minions.

He'll get a nice talk too once you go back down there. As for Travis, he better make his life choices and make them well. Even with the arsenal you have purchased, victory is not a hundred percent guaranteed and you need EVERYONE to be in their A game. No slouching. No dumb moves....

This needs to be done perfectly and then, maybe...

You will get a chance to put down Alexia like the mad dog she is.

And so, you leave your minions and head towards the group of Necropunks, with Sal getting in your face. Scrawny little punk: you could probably hoist him by the neck and throw him against a tree...

And then those warlocks above would get all trigger happy. No, not the best approach now. And when you hear Silvana's reason for kicking Raikou away, you turn around to look at everyone's favorite lovable halfling.

"Your two foot hairy turd of a toadie doesn't need to kneel to pleasure Connor, it would seem. he was all like:

"I'll be sure to mention you to Connor when I tell him about our trip to Runestone today. I'm sure he'd love to know about the punk goth kids at the magic academy giving his guests trouble..."

Silvana crosses her arms and looks down at you from the table as she rests her weight on her knee and looks closer, causing her skeleton crony to sing a few feet in the ground, still carrying the keg on his bony hands.

"That's what he said. The other one must be a mute, but followed him away and was rather boring. But you know what the best part is? If he was indeed not telling the truth and being a little lying s**t?"

Silvana points up to the Eye in the Sky.

"I am pretty certain they see and hear everything said. Your friend might just got Connor's attention. Everyone point and clap at the halfling! He's the man of the hour now! Connor's close chum...!""

Did Raikou just say that? Of all the things the guy can say... he eggs a school of already harassed casters and brings up the name of the man they hate the most and keeps them locked up here...

And these are the guys you are to take down to bring the fight to Alexia. Maybe they all got hit by a Ray of Stupidity. It's said that you can make it Invisible now.

Silvana gets down from the table and pumps the keg, serving you a beer and handing it to you.

"You however, LJ... you're alright. I dig the whole Meleemancer thing, but why hang out with those losers? And the lousy liar who is about to become a shackled one... oh, before you answer:

Chug it all down.""

Silvana is quite the trooper as she doesn't even flinch as the beer disappears from the glass in seconds.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: You look at the massive hammer and Celaena listens to your words as she looks at the canisters.

These aren't iron maidens. They look very much like those things back in the Control Center...

Like the one Finney was trapped in before the group set it loose.

"Hannibal's Hammer? Are you sure? That guy must be really strong if he can carry that thing...and it looks like it can pack a punch, but that wand chamber... here's w and inside. Best not mess with it. If only I knew the Command Word for it... maybe you are right. There is nothing here to do. Let's head back outside and find another...""

And it is then that Celaena steps on a floor pad as this one sinks just a few inches and both watch heavy grates block the three entrances as the elf gulps and grips her blade.

"That... that's not good, is it?""

And it is then that one of the canisters begins to get punched from inside as the door unhinges and cold smoke escapes from its interior, allowing a large clawed hand to snake out of the dark and in a flash, a giant sized creature emerges and looks at both:

What on Oerth has been kept inside those canisters? If this thing ever was human, it certainly ins't anymore, as its entire body pulsates and its white eyes fix on both as it roars and drags his oversized claw on the ground as both you and Celaena look at the locked escaped routes.

"Sister... we can do this! We are not dying in this place!""

So far, you have faced all manner of monstrosities, but this is entirely new, as it is clearly set on going after both of you. That arm alone may be able to reach the far corners of the world, never mind its strength!

Spoiler: The Check
    Show

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to ID it

But you must persevere! You have to!

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Elizabeth & Celaena
    The Bandersnatch

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh dear, that is exactly what I was afraid of..." Sister Elizabeth says as the grates come slamming down locking them inside the room. "I really hope you have some more of your spells left that can hurt this thing, I will do my best to keep us alive until you bring it down." Sister Elizabeth says as she tries to determine what it is exactly.

"And remember what the file said, it is slow but has a very long reach, we should keep moving away from it." she says continuing to play her song trying to stay in sync with Celaena.

Spoiler: Bardic Knowledge
    Show

(1d20+9)[25]
    Move action moving back 30ft once Celaena attacks and moves back.
    Standard action concentrate on harmonic chores.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"I have no idea why he did such thing", he says and take the beer, "Probably stress, who knows". Drinking the beer, he shrugs, "If that would make ammends, I can punch him in the stomach: I would probably need to sit on the ground to reach it though".

Turning the cup slightly, so as that a few droplets of beer fall on the ground he whispers something, "a small to Folkir".

He finish his drink and look to Sharkun and Raikou, "Despite the bad jokes and his nicknaming surges he is a good guy".

Looking up the starry sky he sighs, he really needed a break after all, "Do you guys mind if I stay here a while? Was hoping to get some room in this place so as not to need to go this late home and return here tomorrow. Cabs can get expensive really fast and I've missed this... Calm", he look around, "If anyone have a bandolin around I can even play... If there is any singer around, that is".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

@Elziabeth: You watch the Bandersnatch slowly start making its way towards both and Celaena listens to your words.

"Stay far away from it because it's slow. Got it.""

And as Cutter's monstrosity begins to drag its enormous arm through the cell floor, you try and make out what it is.

For one, this creature used to be human, according to the file, however, it isn't an undead. It should have a few elemental immunities. Which? Hard to tell. It looks rather strong given its size, but one thing stands out as you look at its veiny body...

Although it only has one arm, it has considerable reach and strength. So much that it can hold its victim up to twenty feet away and break their windpipe. Blades won't cut it, however, the Bandersnatch should, however be rather vulnerable to blunt weapons.

Celaena begins to muster some of her arcane energy and her eyes glow with golden arcane power as sound concentrates between her hands and unleashes a devastating Sound Lance that pierces the beast, leaving nasty flesh wound that enables you to see through it as copious amounts of blood flow from it and spill on the ground.

However, the bastard managed to resist it. It's not dead yet! And as you keep playing your music to enhance the elf's own arcane prowess, the creature roars and charges towards both, stopping a few feet away and whipping its one arm as it uncoils and darts towards you, grabbing you by the head and lifting you several feet of the ground! The crushing power this thing has is like a vise! And it isn't yet ready to let go!

More so, the simple act that this beast has charged in, fills you with fear. Not unlike when fighting Finney.

Spoiler: Frightful Presence
    Show
    A Bandersnatch can inspire terror by charging or attacking; affected creatures must succeed on a DC 10 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 20’ of a Bandersnatch

Shaken Condition:

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Spoiler: PA Long Tentacle
    Show

18 damage plus Improved Grab DC 29. If the grapple succeeds, Elizabeth takes 24 constrict damage

Celaena isn't hasn't been affected by the creature, but you are in a very bad situation now as the Bandersnatch starts crushing your skull like a coconut, attempting to reach the juice inside.

Map

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You down that cold frosty beer and wipe the froth off your beard as you look back at Raikou and offer to punch him.

Sal and the other Necropunks laugh and whistle at the halfling while mocking a punch to the guy amongst themselves and the beer and funny cigarettes keep flowing.

Silvana raises an eyebrow and shakes her head.

"He's already an ass. Punching him will not change that, but if you can make him dance Oopma Loopa style, who knows...

I could change my mind... pass the refeer, Sal.""

Silvana Castaferni tajkes a drag and watches you drop one last drip of beer to the ground, dedicating it to Folkir. Silvana may be some punk rocker goth necro chick, but even she has a soft spot while she sits down and looks at you.

"A friend of yours... never knew him, but that blows, LJ. We all have lost friends since His Highness up in the clouds took office. Must be the beer talking, though, but you have my sympathies. Being honest here... say!""

The girl looks at one of her posse and points to you.

"You still have that scroll? You know, the one we snuck from Noirin's lab? Hey LJ, it may not be much, but if you want and have his body, we can bring Folkir back. He won't be really... well.""

Silvana looks at the skeleton holding the keg and then back at you.

"... but he'll be back. Chances are he won't be able to leave Runestone, but I'm sure you can come and visit him. I can keep him in my room. If you want, of course."

And at the mention of some music, Silvana snaps her fingers and one of the warlocks flies down and produces a beautiful black mandolin as she takes out her own skull motif guitar.

"You a music man, Lovejoy? I play a few tunes. Can even make the dead dance if I want to. Sing us a song and get that hamster with you to dance and who knows...

You might find a warm bed here tonight. Deal?""

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if I get hands on his body I'll raise him back as living creature. We had a deal of sorts, so I'll honor those, even if it would be fun to watch him serving ale all nights", he says listenning to her offer, "If I'm a music man? I'm Love and Joy, let me fetch a dancer".

He get up and start walking to Raikou and Sharkun.
    "Hey, Stormy. You owe that lady a dance... and an apology. Also, here", he says and give the halfling his share, "I'm kinda of wotking on to get some warm bed for tonight and would appreciate if you help with that. So, wingman?"

Spoiler: Raikou's Share
    Show
    10000 gp

If the halfling accept to apology/dance, he will head back to the goths and ask for the mandolin. Olidammaran after all loved three things: wine, music and good company. Also gold, so four things.

He finger the strings testing before playing some song, completely ignoring he was fighting for his life when day started.
    Spoiler: Performing Olidammaran!
    Show
    Perform thankfully isnt Trained Only so, here it goes:

(1d20+6)[10] (add +2 if the mandolin is masterwork)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: The Goth group have no accepted you into their dark clique and now you are free to pump that keg and fill your cup to your heart's desire as Silvana listens to your response and nods.

"They always say the same thing. That's fine. I don't know who this Folkir was, but he clearly meant a lot to you. Very few people are alright with having their friends linger around not alive, but it's not so bad. besides, I could have him sing... although if he's brought back full bones, he can't and zombies... well, they do stink.""

As to the music, one of the Runestone warlocks hands you a mandolin and ask for the group to wait as you head over to Reject Central and ask Raikou to play Wingman. You need a place to sleep and the ride back to The Mercy won't be cheap, not this late at night.

Besides, if Travis is going to be fully prepped tomorrow, he's your ride back. Screw Connor and his over prized cab rides.

Whether the Stormcaster agrees or not, you walk back and tune the mandolin as the group sits on the table and bench, with Silvana front and center and begin a performance that is... adequate. Back in The Mercy, you;d probably get a few coppers thrown at you and if you;re not quick enough, stolen right back as the group looks at each other and some clap, but not all, as a few take to the tree tops, but not before pouring themselves a new cup.

Silvana lays back against the table and crosses her legs.

"You're no Ricky Skaggs, but it was okay, I guess. You're not formally trained, I take it? I think Meleemancer works better for you than Musicmancer, though.

So... what's with the three Dum Dums over there? Are they your silent and inert posse or what?""

16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground

Raikou accepts the bag of gold and shakes it a little to examine it's contents before turning back to Rusty and frowning.

That might be a bit too much to ask Hammers. The dance maybe, but the apology? Nah.

These people in this school are all spoiled, stuck-up bullies but.... just for you maybe.

Reluctantly, the halfling follows Rusty back to the group of goth mages.

Alright Miss Eyeliner I guess I should apologize a little for earlier. But a couple reasons for that. You see, I don't like bullies. And earlier today I ran into that Enchanter girl...? Skylaria? And she was all kinds of rude. So when you started talking I started thinking that all you Runestone kids were like her. But Hammers here seems to think that you're not so bad, so I'm willing to admit that I maybe judged you too quickly.

How about we start fresh?

At this point, Raikou brings up his classic charming halfling grin.

I'm Raikou, but you can call me Stormy... or I guess Oopma Loopa is fine too. I guess that's fair since I'll probably not be able to remember your name. You can call me that if I get to call you Silly-Fern?

I'll even throw in an Oompa Loopa dance?

One other question though, and I think I know the answer... but what's your favorite color?

Spoiler: Dancing Time
    Show
    Halfling style diplomacy (1d20+10)[12]

Dance (1d20+8)[25]

"Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"That's how my favorite halfling", he says nodding at the apologize and then at everyone there, "Okay. I'm rusty, I know but that was just warming up".

And os, as the halfling start dancing, he start playing. Better this time, hopefully.

Spoiler: Second time
    Show
    (1d20+6)[16]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

@Raikou: You check the bag Rusty gives you and make sure its heavy on coin and nothing else. Then you watch the Necrogoths several feet away and consider your options...

Fine! Let's see where this all gets you, as you walk up to Silvana and her posse and voice your opinion about the people here at Runestone- how they are all bullies. Especially that Skylarios girl...

Silvana raises an eyebrow and laughs heartily.

"Mary? Miss Trust fund? That skank is a royal bitch, Raikou... or Stormy. I like that name. Don't judge us all because of one rotten apple like her. She may seem all pompous and proper and haughty, but...""

Silvana takes a drag and blows a puff of smoke in your face with a sly smile.

"I know she's slept with half the warmage team. I could not care less for that unicorn loving, poodle peddling puttana. And now that LJ and you are here, regale us with the dance and wait... let me get you into character a bit.""

Silvana gets off the bench and walks around you, waving her left hand as a simple cantrip takes over you and then looks at Rusty.

@Rusty: Sal gives you another drink to improve your skills with the mandolin and like an expert musician, begin playing the instrument, causing the group to clap as Raikou begins his very traditional halfling dance, known for generations amongst his kind:

Silvana claps to the rhythm as the others join in too, hooting and whistling and hollering as several coins drop into the empty cup.

Spoiler: The Dancing Oompa
    Show
    6 gold earned

Silvana laughs like a mad woman as she falls off the bench and rolls on the ground.

"Hahahhahahah...! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA! YES!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME... oh sh*t! I wet my pants...HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA!!! Wait... wait. Let me catch my breath. Whoo boy!""

@Rusty: Sal walks up to you and places his arm around you looking at Silvana as she hands Raikou a full glass of cold beer for his efforts.

"You don't know who Silvana is, right? She's the...""

It is then that Silvana looks at Sal with a stern look.

"Shut up, 'Sally'! Before I stitch those lips of yours. You guys are alright. Do we have another keg? We do? well then send the skelly to fetch it. This one;s going dry. So guys... what are your plans for the evening? Where do you live?""

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"My plans for the evening?", he look to the horizon and start thinking...

Gather as much strength and energy as needed, find a place to sleep, wait to get the items he left to craft in Runestone, buy some fresh things and maybe a book or two for Sasha, figure out what to ask the terrible Dr. Cutter, track down St. Andlas of the 36th and turn his home into a crime scene, write more about his biography, ask some diviner about Fetterman...

"Not much on my mind. Playing, drinking and talking seems good enough for me", he answers and shrugs, "As for I live? That would be the Mercy".

He pick the coins and hand them to Raikou.
    "Here", he says, "You deserved every single one of those".

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You hand Raikou the money, well earned after his dance and the cantrip wears off his face and body as you look at the gates of Runestone and the ominous Eye ever floating above.

What's on your mind? A lot of things:

1. Find a place to crash. You just got taken out of a damn grinder and a good bed is what you need.

2. Arm yourself at Runestone. Those items should be ready soon and will make the fights to come far more manageable.

3. Find some books for Sasha, who is starting to show some interest in simpler things. Damn girl's been a killer all her life. Most of it against her will. The least you can do is grant her a second chance at life.

4. Figure out what to ask Cutter' severed head. Who knows what that psycho holds in his rotted mind.

5. Track down that sergeant's home and give him a bloody early retirement... and finally.

6. Go back and fight the world's most powerful Transmuter Oerth has ever known. And if time permits...

7. Finish your autobiography.

"So you're just here to relax? It's not so bad when Connor's men aren't harassing us in the day. At night they usually all leave, but then we have that big metal whale up above. And ughh... listening to the guy's speeches EVERY morning at sunrise and then on the dot every hour:

We are keeping the City safe from the scum that those vile mages pose for us!

We will not allow the unclean to cross into our City! They shall fester in that slum. Animals belong there, not with the honorable tax payers of our fair City!

The King's Campaign is well under way...and it is all because of our devotion to the King. I shall make sure Halmathan is saved!

And that's looped every single day... drives anyone crazy! Oh! You live in The Mercy? Cool. I had no idea...""

Sal looks at Silvana and chugs his own beer.

"Hey! isn't that were your fam...""

Silvana galres at Sal and clenches her fist.

"Dude... SHUT THE F**K UP! Jeez! You get drunk and your tongue works fine... if only for the first time ever!"

Sal blushes and walks away.

"Fine! I'm heading back to my dorm. later Lovejoy, and you too Raikou. Nice meeting you both.""

Sal stumbles a few times and you can swear he trips past a few trees as Silvana watches her skeletal minion bring the new keg and put it on the ground.

And then looks at both of you.

"Hey, you want a place to crash? The Airdan Hall isn't far from here. That's where I have my room. It's a little crowded, but you can get a bed to sleep off the hungover. I don't have classes until late afternoon tomorrow. What do you say?""

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Take care, Sal!", he says as the loose tongued goth walk away.

"Sounds great, Sil", he says and keep drinking, "You save me lots of time tomorrow and I'm sure I deserve a break after everything I went through".

He shake his head and red beard, laughing already a little bit drunk.
    "Hell, I've just come back from the de...", he stop mid sentence and sighs, "Been a really long day at work".

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: The group either flies away or stumbles through campus as one of them looks at the keg.

"If Griswold sees this here tomorrow, we are sure to get it. Why don't you take it to your room?""

Silvana shrugs.

"I bought it, you dispatch it. Besides, I am already working on a hard buzz. Take it your dorm. Drink it up or store it for tomorrow, but if you do store it, keep it cold.""

@Rusty & Raikou: Silvana is quite tipsy herself as her skeletal minion helps her as a bone cane and helps the drunken mage as a true loyal follower before you cross campus and reach a three story building with a statue of a warrior woman in front and an everbirning censer at its feet.

Silvana sends the statue a kiss as both notice an engraving at its base:

Queen Maira Airdan Hall for Ladies of the Art

"Now guys, we have to be extra careful: this is the girl's dorm. No men allowed. Definitely not at this hour so... shhhh... hehheheheee!""

Silvana rests against the tall ornate doors and the skeleton opens the door for her as the young mage shambles through the halls like a zombie, with large paintings showing the many prestigious ladies that have graduated here in years past, excelling in the arcane.

One such painting shows a beautiful lady with a plaque beneath. the painting looks old:

Lady Veronica Ashford, Genius of the Genome

The ceilings here are tall and very expensive looking as Silvana holds on to her skeletal minion and looks at a very expensive vase next to the painting, probably worth thousands and as tall as Raikou. Ming Dynasty, most likely, and rushes towards it, holding on to it and dunking her head inside as the result of hours of heavy drinking take its toll and the skeleton pulls her hair back, so as to not get it dirty before Silvana takes her head out and looks at the vase.

"Oops... but you know what they say: better out than in, right?""

After some careful treading through the halls, you stop at a large golden filigreed door and Silvana rests her head against it, sliding slowly down to the floor while the skeleton digs into her pocket and takes out a key and fumbles with it, opening the door as the girl propels herself by inertia and drops face first on a large bed, raising her hand and gesturing both to come in:

"There should be some quilts around and an extra bed . Minion! Why don't you get some...zzzzz.....""

Although skeletons cannot sigh, this one does, as he gets out a few mattresses from a large closet and sets them on the ground, followed by silk sheets and then goes on to cover his mistress with the sheets as it retires to a corner and... hopefully falls asleep?

Silvana is passed out, but this room is definitely an expensive one. Maybe Travis lives it up in luxury as well? Why leave Runestone, then?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Watching drunken Silvana reminded him of his teenage years: drinking up all he could and then working at the forge. He has been quite a rebel child: no parents to give him limits, full of rage and energy and... Oh well. He's older now and probably wiser. Or at least he's so used to drinking to avoid emptying his stomach into precious art work.

He follow her tumbling much like Drakan in his best days. Once the skeleton brings some confort he make exchange the crystals from his armor and fall in deep sleep. Hopefully a dreamless one or at least not nightmarish. He got a new hammer, some new friends and he didnt punched Travis, so it was a good day after all. Also, Oompa Loompa dance.

Several liters of beer start weighting and he cant get the ehes open anymore.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharkun sits by Travis, and rests on his guisarme. He looks, bewildered, at what is happening in front of him. He elbows the mage.
    "Eh, Travis, am I dreaming or is Hannibal flirting with that punkettomancer? And Raikou helping him out? Eurk. I would hope he would have better taste. Is she even weaned? You know, some human friend I had when I was a youngster told me of that rule they have to assess whether you can go out with another person. Take your age, divide by two, add seven. That is the minimum age of anyone you can reasonably date. Of course, for dwarves they had to adapt it to "take your age, divide by two, add twenty-five". But I bet that necrohipster is way too young for that."

He looks up at the night sky. Enough gossipping.
    "What a day. I have met with more people in twenty-four hours than in the past three months. I have been tasked with three orders of mission in a row. I have set foot into the Mercy for the first time. I have been in Runestone for the first and the second time of my life in a row. I have seen Connor's men burning innocent people alive. I have seen necromancers drinking beer helped by a skeleton barman. You know what, I have a friend in the guard of Hamalthan. He will never believe me."

Minutes go by.
    "Hey Travis, do you know if you could welcome me to your dormitory tonight, if you have a spare room? Else, I will head back to the Royal Palace. I believe you have the centerpiece of the farspeaking amulet, so you can reach out to me easily in case I leave. I'm asking, because now is the time for me to pray for some new spells to Wee Jas. I pray for her when the night is at its darkest. One of the perks of following the goddess of rightful death."

Depending on Travis' answer, Sharkun will either leave to the Royal Palace, in which case he tells the others he will be back to Runestone come the morrow, or go to Travis' room.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis tells Rusty "You know nothing of what family means, and as for friendship, losing Michael and Hannah was enough for me; I have no desire to repeat that experience if the day soon comes that you don't make it back. But I didn't ignore the sending at all. He asked no questions, just made a request to rescue you, and Raikou chose to do that when I could not.

We lost the dwarf? Sorry to hear that."

To Sharkun he says "I guess that rule gets ignored by those who know they may likely die within days.

I'd prefer if you stay here. My mentor Noirin could probably find you a room. Come, let's ask him, then I must return to my studies.

By the way, can you cast the spell immunity spell? We may need that. Also, I do still need more restoration."
    Last edited by kinem; 2018-01-30 at 01:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

As Sister Elizabeth looks at the creature a few things quickly become apparent to her which she begins to relay to Celaena. “This creature used to be a human, but it shares some elemental immunities, but I am not sure which ones.” she says noticing the incredible strength it seemed to have however doubting she needed to explain that. “Also bludgeoning weapons will harm it more than piercing or slashing like the sword.” she adds in for the first time noticing how close the creature really was to her.

Completly unaware of the creatures frightful presence due to her earlier grape the priestess of Zodal tries feebly to try and avoid that one giant arm however fails miserably. “Quickly before my magic fades completely, kill it.”the old woman calls out to Celaena, trusting in her skills.

Spoiler: Trying to escape
    Show
    (1d20-2)[17]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: While the Bandersnatch lifts you several feet up in the air, you relay as much information as you can to Celaena, who resists the urge to become frightened by the creature and looks at the rusted blade.

"I'm on it! Don't die on me, Sister!""

The elven maiden rushes towards the creature, who is about to crack your skull and you watch the blade in her hands become black and ethereal as Celaena gashes the creature, not with force, but true elven dexterity, causing a large gash to open across its abdomen, with black blood gushing from the wound as the monster roars and breaks off its grip before falling on its back as Celaena, places her hand out for you.

"That was a close one! I think we need to find a way out of..."

However, unseen to the elf, another metal container rattles and its casket flies open with a second one of these creatures stepping out and using its long arm to catch your friend and hold her tight by the neck as Celaena struggles and is lifted several feet off the air.

"Gah! How many of these creatures are there?! Sister, help!""

The blade drops from the elf's hands, but with what you have learned, a slashing weapon won't really affect these creatures. You need something big and heavy and blunt...

Map

Show

Elizabeth & Celaena
    Bandersnatch

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks that was close, better leave now while we have the..." however before she is able to finish what she was about to say another of these creatures appears from behind them. "Really Cutter couldn't just make one of these things could you." the old lady grumbles as she charges in, her mace leading trying to wack the creature hard enough to let Celaena go.

Spoiler: Oh RNG gods give me what I need
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19] Damage (1d8-3)[3] bludegoning damage

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: You hold the mace and ask Zodal for a miracle as you charge the abomination holding Celaena and strike true at its legs, causing it to roar and drop the elf, who coughs a bit and feels the strong grip around her neck while moving a few feet away and causing her body to crackle with arcane sparks, much like Raikou.

The Bandersnatch turns its gaze at the elf as his claw scratches the stone floor and the elf unleashes the well known and mighty Lightning Bolt spell at it, sizzling the creature;s flesh and causing smoke to rise.

"Fry, fiend!""

The spell is super effective, but it doesn't kill it. He's close, but not that close!

And then the long arm recoils as the monster looks at you and swats you away like a bothersome fly, hoping tos end you flying back several feet with tremendous force!

Spoiler: Awesome Blow
    Show
    17 damage. reflex DC 17 or fall back 10 ft. and be prone.

Map

Show
    Elizabeth & Celaena
    Bandernsatch

@Travis: The nerve on this guy!

You left the City because Connor would impose his own version of the Law upon everyone, especially mages. Seti and his "Society" had a similar idea when Hannah was alive and the House of Knowledge prospered.

Where is he now?

If Rusty wants a wizard, he came to the right place. If he wants a dog that plays Go Fetch, he can go screw himself with his ever losing Hammer. You aren't going to sing to his tune or of that cripple he calls a Boss. You are an Olidammaran and you follow your own path.

Yes, there is a lot of danger out in the Mercy right now. Possibly beyond that, but today is not the day to go back there blasting left and right at creatures that should never be.

Noirin is thankfully, willing to assist in finding lodging for Sharkun, free of price. Which is a rarity these days. Seeing how a lot of mages, trained and untrained, are flocking here in an attempt to escape Connor's clutches.

Some have the coin. Others have to be shown the door and many end up either sailing away or in The Mercy... like you.

Unlike you, they are not going down to fight one of Runestone's most powerful graduates and her host of aberrations. Amnd so, you burn the midnight oil and get to work on scribing Michael;'s legacy on your own book as images of him and hannah dance on the ever burning torch.

Mad as it may be, you need to avenge them somehow... or will you fade into obscurity?

@Sharkun: So this guy Rusty... he's a ladies man?

Or perhaps a necrophiliac. That crowd seems more likely to be Turned than getting drunk. And to make matters worse:

Raikou, your dear compatriot, is performing some leprechaun dance. That's not how a Jasidian behaves. hell, definitely not a member of the Royal Guard back in the Jade Palace. Raikou can drink and dance and act like a fool all he wants. You?

You're praying.

It is said that in dark silent nights like these, The Ruby Sorceress extends her hand from beyond the Veil and blesses her faithful with a sliver of her Knowledge. Whether you chose to use such knowledge to aleve Travis, that is up to you.

And as for a lodging, Travis' mentor, Noirin, has you walk for a few minutes in the Naruil hall and opens a simple door, leading to an unremarkable room:

"We use this for cleaning supplies and for the janitor to take naps. I am sorry we don't have more rooms worthy of a man of your stature. There should be a rag here somewhere you may use as a blanket, though. Good night""

Janitorial rooms were always better than those in the Royal Palace anyways.

Day 19

@Rusty: It's Raikou's furry foot that smacks you on the chin as the room stops spinning and gets into focus.

That was a good evening. S nice break form all the madness and pain in that bitch's house.

Silvana snores gently on her king size bed as her skeletal minion has her panties stuck in his rib cage and immediately sets about to cover her with the expensive sheets as he sets about to open the blinds just a bit, which cause Silvana Castaferni to wave one of her hands while her face is stuck in a pillow.

"No... LIGHTS!!!!!"

The minion pulls the blinds down again as Silvana gets up from bed and adjusts her pillows. her hair is a mess as she rubs her eyes and looks down at the cots on the floor.

"What the... LJ and the Oompa Loompa? What're you... goddammit F**K! My head! None of you have a spell for hang overs, do you... oops!""

Silvana is quick to realize she is wearing practically nothing as she covers herself with the sheets and listens to people walking outside.

"Aw hell... the day light dorks are heading to the Mess Hall. Look, I may have forgotten to mention that men aren't allowed in this building so... ummm... if you could leave without getting noticed? that'd be great."

It is then that Corwin's telepathic bond rings loud and clear:

Hannibal! Where are you? Roscoe mentioned you were heading to the City for some shopping. I trust you are not in any trouble?

Silvana massages her temples and curses in at least five different languages as the hangover takes its toll and the skeletal minion tries to unravel her underwear from his ribs as the reporter continues.

Just let us know you are fine and where you are and the crew here will be a lot better for that...and please reply promptly:

Sasha is not in the best of moods. something about doing a Sneak Attack Morning Pounce Routine? And you weren't there.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Well that worked quite well, Sister Elizabeth thinks until the creatures turns to look at her. Right I forgot about this part...." she says as she gets ready to flee before watching a bolt of lighting strike the bandersnatch in the chest. Raikou perfect timing Hannibal is with you right?" Sister Elizabeth says turning to the source of the lighting bolt and seeing Celaena there. Sorry Celaena that is a signiture move of one of Hannibal's friends, I thought back up arriveddddd." as she says the last part the monsterous claw slams into her sending the old woman flying back 10ft before falling to the ground.

"I really need to stop taking my eyes off of this thing, its going to be the death of me. How are you holding up Celaena?" the old woman asks as she tries to stand and back away as much as she can, hoping to buy her friend a little more time. "Come on now is that the best Cutter could make you do? This old woman still has some fight left in her. No doubt enough to finish you off." she says waving her mace at it as the amethyst crystals in her armbands alight focusing the divine energy she is channeling to its full potential.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move Action to stand and try and get away as far as possible
    Swift Armbands of Maximized healing
    Standard Cure moderate wounds for a total of 40hp healed, 10 of which is temp