New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: City of Sinister Delights IC 3

Rusty look at the many items and helonhimself, seeing the salesman's situation.

"How to serve men? That sure looks antique and inadequate... But the recipes might be good. Hmmm... And I do like music, but that one is quite expensive for me and not what I'm really looking for. Unless I give it as the gift and look for more mundane books and utensils".

He think for a moment, watching the cats and thinking what would make Sasha more happy: learning to cook or a music box for dancing.

"She does have lot of unused energy, so maybe the box might be better", he thinks out loud, "And I really found that book's title a little against what I stand for. Ill take this Lacore Box", he says and pik the money, "Where can I leave the money?", he asks putting the books and utensils back to their places.

Once he make the transaction, he ask where he an buy some utensils and cook book of more ordinary make, as well as flour, fruits, eggs, milk and such things, so that he have another place to visit and also get what he was looking for.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

@Jannalor: The crows pecking at the hundreds of corpses sitting on the stands caw and dot the sky above the Ludus Magnus as you pray for the dead here. That Death's Guardian may guide them safely to their eternal rest.

Nobody escapes the Hand of Death in the end... no exceptions.

With most of your own members having been sent back to the Cabal Macabre by undead hunters and those Red Ghouls still running through The Mercy, the last thing this place needs is a Necromancer.

Perhaps this Bharthran guy is behind the outbreak- necromancers are known to do that and without any laws to supervise them in this district, they should have an endless supply of corpses to work with.

And since Bhrathran isn't up here in the arena, he is most likely holing up in the Baths, as you descend several floors and down stone stairs that spiral to the underground levels of this once majestic colosseum.

The Ludus Magnus Baths, were the brave warriors used to come and relax after grueling demonstrations of strength for the audience. Now, this enormous place is bereft of light, but due to your unnatural nature, the dark isn't much of a problem, as you stand at the entrance and look at the enormous pools and stone faces on the walls that used to gush forth sparkling water.

The pools here are blood. In fact, large stains of it are littered all over the twenty foot ceiling and walls and floor, with nasty iron wrought hooks nailed to the walls, dangling rotted limbs.

A perfect place for a Necromancer to conduct their vile rituals, but as far as you are concerned, sight and sound and magi allowing...

There is nothing in your immediate vicinity.

Map
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-02 at 10:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jannalor moves on, further into the complex, eyes alert for any sign of movement. He speaks, quietly, in the gloom, "Let me thrive in the flames of my unrivaled passion, lest I perish in the void. Let me die in my journey if I must, for may I die a thousand deaths if I should surrender."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Poem shamelessly stolen and slightly altered from someone going by the moniker Hashim ZK
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-02 at 07:08 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis says "I don't know what caused the spell to last; possibly a freak accident, but it's best if we all watch out for any other signs that something isn't right.

Sharkun ... good of you to help out around here. I'm going to look for Raikou. When you're done, please come find us."

If Travis finds Raikou he tells him "Good morning, Stormy. So ... what did I miss?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Not wishing to risk their lives anymore that night Sister Elizabeth shakes her head as Celaena says she thinks she almost had it. "You may be right Celaena, however I could feel the gates of heaven starting to open for me as you stopped my soul from leaving these old bones. If we are to solve this riddle we should do so with a bit of intelligence. We know what happens on a failed answer, let us than rest so that we may better prepare ourselves for the trials we must face in the morning trying to fully solve the riddle. At worst we wasted some time, however at best we kept ourselves alive. Come join me in this hut for the night, we should be safe." Sister Elizabeth explains to the young elf maiden as a door seems to appear out of thin air before the old woman which she opens and walks through, into the safty of the extra dimensional space in which she controlled the temperature and everything else within its walls.

"Come now let me treat your wounds as well as my own with my remaining spell power, best to save the wand in the event you need to bring me back to life once again." the old woman explains kindly as she proceeds to expel all of her magic until the two of them are fully healthy once more. "Now let us rest, come the morning we shall try our hand at the puzzle once more, perhaps our dreams will provide us with the answers we seek. And I shall pray to Zodal asking for his guidance." Sister Elizabeth states before finding a comfortable place to sleep for the night and passing out.

The Next Day

Who knows how much time had passed as the old woman awoke in the dark cell they had fallen asleep in hours ago, her spell no longer protecting them. Quickly looking around the priestess seeing no signs of danger begins praying to Zodal as she has each morning for her entire life. At the end reaching into the cornucopia and pulling out a single cherry. "I thank you for this gift Zodal, and know that when the time is right I will know to use it." she praises her god before pulling out a scroll. "I was hoping to save this for when the others were all here so we could all benefit from it, however it seems no help is coming for us Celaena. Hannibal and the others must be dead or have abandoned us for I have left signs of where we have gone. Besides it has been a long time since you have had a good meal, it seems only right you get to deserve one after such a long time." the old woman says before reading from the scroll.

Spoiler: Scroll
    Show
    Sister Elizabeth is using the Scroll of Heroe's feast for the two of them. (1d8+3)[8] temp hp

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

@Sharkun: Who knows if Scruffy would have died from being mauled by monkeys.

Back in the Sea of Sands, monkeys can be found in large groups living in oasis, partaking of the natural bounty that grows in the rare green patches of land amidst the Waste.

Travelers who stumble upon such oasis ought to be careful, but not of being mauled- monkeys are curious by nature and anyone taking a nap under the shade of a palm tree may wake up to find that their valuables have been stolen by the chimps, taken to the tree tops in order to adorn their nests and bring forth mates.

Of course, if one were to agitate a monkey, like any animal, it will attack. But few are dumb enough to rattle a swarm of monkeys anyways. The Celestial variety, found here in Runestone, is no different and although novice summoners call upon them, they are rarely used for battle.

Granted, cleaning monkey droppings isn't the most memorable task. Not one you'd wish to be remembered by, but it's an honest morning work out as both you and Scruffy finish mopping the floor and washing the windows, while the old janitor listens to your tale.

"I'd rather clean sand than poop myself, Sharkun. But what're you going to do? It's a living. I don't know who that guy you mentioned is, but he sure must've left quite a mess if he trailed it around..."

Who knows how your homeland is now, with Kazym the Traitor in charge of the Jade Palace. The Seneschal of Sand and Dust betrayed not only the Royal Family, but his fellow Seneschals, great powers in their own right and has now allied himself with the Lord of Fire.

He was trailing sand way before his betrayal, however, as both you and Scruffy finish tidying up the class and placing the desks in almost the right order, with some chairs placed aside, being broken.

"Thank you for the assist, Sharkun! If there ever is another mess on any aisle here, I'll make sure to give you a call. Here, have a copper for your help!""

It's not much. Won't get you anywhere in this City, but at least it's an honest job. And safe.

And naturally, Travis, being a wizard, is too busy not cleaning the mess in his own school, because, well... wizards. However, you should be able to catch up to him and not have him wander this place before you can refit your armor and switch from mop to guisarme.

@Rusty: Felix raises an eyebrow at your comment on the book.

"You sure? Pity. The box is in really good condition. Nothing a good polish won't fix. They say its tune is dare I say...magical, befitting who crafted it. But that would be a mere tale, of course.

Magic is forbidden in this City, as we are all well aware. You can put the money on the counter. My cats will take care of the rest...

And have a Lawful and Blessed Day!"

This is one damn expensive box. That cat guy better not be selling you some worthless junk, but what're you going to do? Come back here and trash his store? You'll be arrested immediately. Alexia's home may be a Lion's Den, but this place is no different, with those damn Eyes watching and listening to everything from above, Orwellian style.

The Market Place is bigger than just Felix's store, however. And acquiring goods is easy. Not cheap, but cheaper than his store as you browse around and select the finest tools of the trade for Sasha back at the Den.

Spoiler: Market Inflation
    Show

Cooking utensils, ingredients and book: 80 gold

Okay... you got enough to keep the Shifter busy and not intent on killing anyone back home, but you still have a few days left to spare.

Where to? You have a bunch of money in your pockets and a lot of places you can spend it on.

@Elizabeth:
    Nearly burnt and already seeing the Pearly Gates of the Seven Heavens, it is Cealena who brings you back using your won wand as you look at the grim fountain and its six murals...

To attempt it again is to tempt Fate. No, you need to rest. The many monsters that prowl this place have put a dent on both of you, as you ask Zodal to grant you shelter and invite Celaena inside.

It may not be the Mistress' manor, but it will keep you and the elven maiden safe. No power you are aware of should be able to break through this hut. No matter how strong.

"I am embarrassed to say this, but I had no idea what to do with that place. You think you can figure it out? We can always try to escape come the morrow. Blast our way out if need be, which wouldn't be much of a change of pace from what we've been doing, blasting our way in.

But you seem to know a lot more about this house than me. I trust you Sister...and I am in your debt. Let us get some rest.""

Who knows what time it is topside, but you are exhausted. The same can be said for Celanea, who has been kept here for a much longer time, surrounded by bloodthirsty monsters.

And as you find a corner of the spherical hut to sleep on, you can hear the elf trancing, as she sits cross legged and tears rolls down her cheeks.

It is said that elves can relive their memories in a manner similar to sleep. Not exactly dreaming, more like some instant replay of their mind.

Whatever it was, it must be quite traumatizing for the sorceress. Nobody should endure Cutter's horrible work. And once you have rested, you will be ready to make sure his is finished utterly.

Hours later and the Tiny Hut fades way from existence. Nobody has come to attack you. Nobody can be seen or heard in the upper floors of this area. Both should be safe as you pray for Zodal while Celaena finishes her meditation and you dig into the Cornucopia and retrieve a single cherry, which causes the elf's stomach to grumble at its sight.

Who knows how long she's been without a decent meal and since the others are most likely dead- they would not abandon you, after all- you take out the one scroll to end all scrolls and ask Zodal to prepare a magnificent feast laid out for both. With all manner of fruits, eggs, cheeses... even bacon.

All presented with pitchers filled to the brim with fresh milk and orange juice. Enough to make an elf salivate as she sits down and you don't have to tell her twice as forks are spared and she helps herself to muffins, sausage, eggs benedict, copious amounts of gravy and all washed down with cold juice as the elf rubs her belly and sits back, before lunging at the food presented in front of her.

Yes... she has been underfed. Hopefully she won't get a cramp from eating so fats and so much.

"By the gods, Sister... THANK YOU! Oh how I missed REAL food... but you think Hannibal and the others are dead? I don't. maybe they got sidetracked. As far as we know, they could be in the other floors, looking for us as we speak.

He gave me his word.. why would he go back on it?"

Thankfully, neither are interrupted in this place and once the feast is done, you both look at the Fountain, with Celaena glancing at the murals.

"You think you've figured it out? If so... I will follow your lead, Sister."

@Jannalor: The baths are gigantic, as you start walking further as the stone faces on the walls keep gushing blood into the pools and you recite an old poem.

here is evil in this place, but not on a creature exactly- the whole place has been the site of who knows how many horrid sacrifices by Bharthran. His depraved acts of Necromancy have pervaded this place and so, the distinct presence of evil lingers as you keep walking and then a bright light illuminates the path a few feet ahead of you as one of the infectious ghoul's head rolls at your feet and you look up at the one who did it:

"So sorry to have killed your spawn, masked one... although not really.""

It's a second figure that slides a cracked symbol of Wee Jas and slides it towards the ghoul's head as you look at a second female:

"It would seem the intel was right on the money. You belong to the Pale Hand, a cabal of Necromancers. Answer:

Where is Calliope Fareyes?! ANSWER ME! We know you and these fiends have taken her and if you have hurt her...""

These two women are warriors, but more than mere sword and board. Something about the symbols around their necks.

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Knowledge Religion to ID the symbols

The one who tossed the head grips her great sword and takes a fighting stance.

"You are also responsible for the disappearance of Ketra. Speak now, and I promise it will be quick.""

Who are these two crazy broads? And what are they doing here?

Map
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-04 at 03:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Sister Elizabeth is not surprised in the slightest when Celaena dug into the food, however ignores the fact she does not use proper utensils given her situation. "Last I saw Hannibal and Folkir was when the three of us were battling these frog like creatures at a hub of elevators. The frogs used the houses old pool as a breeding ground of some sort and when Folkir refused to retreat back to the elevator Hannibal went out after him trying to save him and drag him back. However the two were getting swarmed and it was taking most of my higher level spells to keep them alive when one of the creatures used its tongue to push the elevator button separating me from them and sending me here." Sister Elizabeth explains the full story as to how she got separated from the other two before going on.

"There was also two magic users with them, a man named Travis, and a young halfling with great powers not much unlike your own, who had a mastery over lighting, named Raikou. They got separated from me when Folkir choose to take the elevator alone earlier the day before. One minute they were asking me to heal them and I was leading them out of the pool area, and the next nothing, they were both gone. So it is possible that they all live and each is trying to find the other group, however the chances four people are alive out of that group and not a single one of them has found any of the signs I left is rather doubtful." Sister Elizabeth explains, though it is clear she herself would rather not admit the truth however she had to face facts. No one was coming to save her down below except Celaena who was besides her.

Once the two were finished with their meal she quickly cast two of her more powerful spells in quick succession before retrieving the torch. "I was thinking, how would a trap determine which fire I lit first if all the bowls were filled? I am going to try the same thing again, starting with the deer, but I will wait until the bowl sinks in and see if anything happens before doing anything else. Want to open up the gun powder barrels as I do so, the ones not right on the side of me if possible, and see if anything is within the barrels?" the priestess of Zodal asks, casting a light spell on the womans spear so she would have her own light source before going and lighting the bowl of oil before the deer mural.

Spoiler: Do or die time again
    Show

All 90 Min durations
    Mass Conviction +3 to saves for the two of us
    Mass Resist Energy (Fire) 20 points
    Light spell on Celaena's spear

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: Celaena listens to your tale about those that travel with you and nearly chokes when you mention Raikou.

"There's a lightning sorcerer here? That's amazing! I know a few spells related to it, but probably nothing as close as what you describe of him. Given what you told me, I very much doubt they are dead, Sister. I don't know the lay out of this whole place- I was drugged and awoke in my cell, but from what you tell me, there are many more creatures beyond my prison.

Frogs... big ones? I don't like frogs. Cheer up, Sister: I am sure they must've been delayed somehow. Who would abandon you here? You are a literal life saver! And again, once we get out, we will tell everyone what is happening here. Many good friends of mine were taken and thrown into cells like me. They did not fare as well as I, though.

For them and everyone else you have told me about: Hannibal, Folkir, Raikou... we need to leave this place and expose the truth!""

And once the meal is done, you cast a couple of very powerful protective spells, by virtue of Zodal. This fountain likes burning people. Not happening again, as you ask the elven maiden to check one of the closest barrels as you walk up to the stag mural and read the inscription beneath, using the one torch to light the bowl filled with oil...

Like the day prior, the oil ignites, causing a small flame to flicker before the painting. However, as you look at it... nothing happens. The oil is lit on the stag mural, but nothing has attacked you.

Celaena raises her voice a bit as she puts the lid back one one of the barrels.

"Just gun powder...and a lot of it. It's filled to the brim. Why would they want that here? The explosion yesterday didn't even reach this area."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharkun pockets the copper, thinking about pickpocketing beggars while doing so. He chuckles inwardly. Next time I will give it myself before they can steal it.

"Thank you Scruffy, I will make sure to answer your call later provided I have enough time for this. A little bit of physical workout of that kind from time to time changes for the solitary physical exercises."
    He then exits, and admonishes the mage.

"And you, good sir, would do well to better protect your janitors and secure the area before endangering them by sending them to clean the mess you made and do not bother take care of by a single Prestidigitation."

Sharkun leaves the building and catches up with Travis.
    "Hey Travis, here I am. I prepared those Restoration spells as you asked me. I will cast them now, if you will."

Show

Travis should have regained 1 Dex damage from overnight resting. Sharkun casts Lesser Restoration to heal (1d4)[2] of what remains. In case not all is healed, then he casts his second prepared Lesser Restoration for (1d4)[3].

"And about Raikou, well I have no idea where he went. Or where Rusty went, for that matter. Last time I saw them was when they were flirting with those teenage necromancers, but you got to bed after me, so you must have seen them after that. Anyway, that is the perfect occasion to use the stones of the Farspeaking Amulet, isn't it? I think Raikou told me you are the one who holds the master part of the amulet. I wonder why they left us without any more instruction, though. That is not how a proper team is supposed to work"
    , he adds a bit more seriously.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jannalor looks between the pair, "The two of you have been misinformed. Wee Jas' primary tenets includes a call for the destruction of undead of this nature. The Pale Order's primary mandate involves enforcing that tenet, along with hunting down those who abuse the dead. For this and other reasons, ending this plague is our purpose here, since the churches beyond the wall seem to be failing in their duty to do so. I came down here to find Bharthram the necromancer, and end him, if those like you had not already done so. I suspected he might be the current source of the red heads, or might hold information on where this mysterious doctor Cutter might be. Simply hunting down the ghouls is not enough, the knowledge of how to create them must be purged, or else this will happen again. Perhaps somewhere that cannot be so easily quarantined."

"Further, I have no idea of the whereabouts or status of miss Fareyes, and I have never heard of this Ketra. Are either of you capable of casting the spell known as Zone of Truth? I could do so myself, though that would be of limited use in convincing you of my words. Or perhaps some other manner of proof would be acceptable?"
    He raises a gloved hand to indicate the environs, "I could hallow this area, or at least part of it, cleansing the taint of necromancy from the air, or summon a creature from the celestial realms. Neither are feats I could possibly manage if I or my mistress were evil."

"There is also the logic of the situation. Hundreds of corpses lie just outside, and yet I am alone. What manner of necromancer is ever alone given the materials needed for his craft?"

Jannalor sighs, "I would prefer not to have to destroy you. In spite of your impertinence, the threat of these ghouls is such that it needs hunters like you destroying as many of these as possible. The greater order is best served by leaving you alive, active, and working with me, though simply out of my way would be acceptable."

As much as the dead man hates the idea of leaving those who likely ended his companions alive, killing them won't reverse what has been done, and re-establishing order will require more hands than his alone. Besides, he could not be certain of victory. He had prepared for Bharthram and whatever dead he had defiled, not knights backed by the celestials. If they were more potent than the average would be champion...

Show
    If they respond to his words with immediate violence, Jannalor has a readied action to separate himself from them with Dark Way, a simple 10' wall spanning the room in between him and them.
    Kreligion check (1d20+14)[15]
    Diplomacy check (1d20+19)[31]
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-04 at 07:33 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Hannibal found himself happy doing all this shopping and once he's done he hail a cab.

"Good morning! Can you take me to the Mercy's entrance? Or as close as you can. Thanks".

Looking through the window he reach Corwin's mind.
    "On my way back. Tell Ross I have the questions ready".

Time to face Dr. Cutter once again and figure out what he know that may help them defeat Alexia.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

As Travis sees Sharkun again he thinks So, this guy volunteered to clean up the monkey poo? That's the janitor's job, but it seems to speak well of the dwarf's character. Come to think of it ... damn, I shouldn't have just left them to go at it; instead ... I should have first told them to collect a sample in case it might come in handy for future arcane study!

"Thanks for the restoration spells; I feel much better now. I didn't see Raikou or Rusty around ..."
    Last edited by kinem; 2018-02-04 at 09:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    @Elizabeth: Celaena listens to your tale about those that travel with you and nearly chokes when you mention Raikou.

"There's a lightning sorcerer here? That's amazing! I know a few spells related to it, but probably nothing as close as what you describe of him. Given what you told me, I very much doubt they are dead, Sister. I don't know the lay out of this whole place- I was drugged and awoke in my cell, but from what you tell me, there are many more creatures beyond my prison.

Frogs... big ones? I don't like frogs. Cheer up, Sister: I am sure they must've been delayed somehow. Who would abandon you here? You are a literal life saver! And again, once we get out, we will tell everyone what is happening here. Many good friends of mine were taken and thrown into cells like me. They did not fare as well as I, though.

For them and everyone else you have told me about: Hannibal, Folkir, Raikou... we need to leave this place and expose the truth!""

And once the meal is done, you cast a couple of very powerful protective spells, by virtue of Zodal. This fountain likes burning people. Not happening again, as you ask the elven maiden to check one of the closest barrels as you walk up to the stag mural and read the inscription beneath, using the one torch to light the bowl filled with oil...

Like the day prior, the oil ignites, causing a small flame to flicker before the painting. However, as you look at it... nothing happens. The oil is lit on the stag mural, but nothing has attacked you.

Celaena raises her voice a bit as she puts the lid back one one of the barrels.

"Just gun powder...and a lot of it. It's filled to the brim. Why would they want that here? The explosion yesterday didn't even reach this area."
    "You have saved me twice if I recall correctly yourself. And if not for your powers in battle I can not begin to count the times we would have been killed." Sister Elizabeth replies back humbly. "As for who would leave me here, they would for one. They believe my mistress is behind these monsters even though I was there when Cutter unleashed them on the world, when he was tried and put in jail, and when the manor came under attack. And given that she has hidden items around the house for them to find as a test to prove they are capable of saving the rightful ruler of Hamalthan they will not look past the monsters roaming the house ever since the Ashford manor was attacked a decade or so ago. They think it is the work of the young mistress who went out of her way to save their leader Hannibal and ask me to take care of them.

"Hmm nothing, that is odd, I was hoping something would happen.' the old woman says before going in order and lighting all the murals again, continuing from the stag.

Spoiler: Order
    Show
    Stag, Wolf, Horse, Lion, Snake, Bird?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: Celaena shakes her head at your comment on Hannibal.

“The man who spoke to me a few days ago didn’t sound like the one you describe, Sister. I do not know your mistress, but I know this is a terrible place to die. If she wants to save this City from Connor, count me in.

And the sooner we get out of this hell hole, the better. Now, are you sure you want to try that puzzle again?”

You are aptly protected. Fire nearly killed you last time, but not today. This place is some sort of key. A deadly one. A key you need to use to open something.

What, though, remains to be seen as Celaena braces for impact andyou light the six souls, releasing them to Death’s warm embrace:

The Stag, who displays his horns proudly to the sky.

The Wolf, whose Cunning fools the majestic beast and brings it down through guile.

The Horse, legendary beast of many myths. It’s spped unmatched and strong limbed.

The Lion, King of all he surveys. Able to bring down any prey, no matter how fast.

The Snake, slithering and unseen. With poison powerful enough to bring down a monarch.

And for all their strengths, none of them can equal the Eagle, soaring triumphant through the sky. The ultimate predator.

The six murals disappear with a rumbling sound as they recede into the walls and the grim fountain releases a gout of steam.

However, unlike last time, no punishment comes forth, as a new mural- a frieze actually- is revealed on the far side of the fountain area, with Celaena walking up to it with you and tilting her head sideways.

“This is no exit..”

It isn’t. It’s a white stone relief of a young Eros- or Cupid, depending on the region.

The young angelic god smiles silently at both as he holds his trademark bow and arrow. However something is missing here:

The reluef is intentionally unfinished. The arrow head isn’t there. Instead, a triangular indentation.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh my, you have got to be kidding me a puzzle inside of a puzzle. Well more like a locked door but still." the old woman says with a sigh as she looks at the arrow tip that is missing and thinks back to earlier, and the tiny piece of green jewelry Hannibal had earlier. "Well Celaena I have good news and more bad news. Good news is I am pretty sure I saw Hannibal with the arrow head. Bad news is no doubt this is not the only thing that was opened down here when we got the puzzle correct, and we still have all the other creatures we ran by. Let us finish searching down here, make sure nothing else opened up or changed, before going back to that floor where we fought those bandersnatches. With luck the path will still be clear to the elevator, but I highly doubt it. Though if you are up to it we could keep searching from the ground floor up now. We know most of the enemies we faced on our way down are dead leaving only what didn't want to seem to bother us. Well besides the lickers and bird creatures. If you are up for it, I would like to purge all of Dr. Cutters creations so that the souls of the people they once were may finally find rest." Sister Elizabeth says to Celaena seeing what she thought of the plan.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis tells Sharkun "Looks like the others went off on some errand. To be honest, they seem to be keeping me out of the loop, which I don't like but I guess Rusty is pissed at some little thing as he often tends to be.

I want to do some shopping and might spend the day studying. But another thing we can do, is go to the Mercy to help rid it of undead."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharkun realizes his misunderstanding.
    "Ah, sorry, I thought you were the one with the master amulet. Well, then, did they leave any instruction? I suppose in case of doubt, we could join the Bitter Coffee and from there, find them again."
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

@Jannalor: You look at both warrior maidens through your mask and consider your options.

Disposing of these two should be exceedingly easy: You are a Necropolitan Spellstitched Inquisitor, after all. The ultimate Immortal Judge. No matter how many of these "Undead Hunters" were to come at you. Two... two hundred.

They would all fall the same, with but a wave of your rotting bandaged hand, you could halt their progress using the Dark Way spell, the ultimate incantation. That spell is so incredibly powerful, that no force on Oerth has been able to shatter it. It is also a literal life saver. There is no way you could get trapped in it and still destroy these feeble mortal weakling women from afar while gloating.

As for identifying the symbols both women display, this is, like killing them, a very easy task for you.

The Long haired one seeking Calliope bears the symbol of Trithereon, god of Individuality, Liberty, Retribution, and Self-Defense. A dogma his followers adhere to with inflamed fervor. This religious group is, like yours, virtually unknown in the City, but many churches would align with the woman's deity and dogma.

Especially the short haired one who kicked the ghoulish head towards you. She bears the the symbol of Kord. Now this deity, unlike Trithereon, is well known and has an established church in the City of Power. The Brawler's tenets pretty much align with Trithereon's, since he also seeks Liberty for the oppressed... through judicious application of Strength.

The kordite steps forward, great sword ready.

"Enough of this mask wearing clown! You don't have any more Crimson Heads at your disposal because we cut them down here. A few of your creations were mulling around this place. The intel given to us was right! And you think you can destroy us? Someone is extremely delusional today. Your undead are destroyed and now you think you can take on us... Can't happen. Won't happen!""

It would seem that a fight is inevitable, but before she can charge at you, the other one holds her arm.

"Wait! Masked One, we have been told of the Pale Order, but that it works for Cutter, although neither of us had stumbled upon it until now. Our informant told us that one of its senior members would be coming here to seek reinforcements after abducting Calliope Fareyes and to boot:

The Crimson Heads we have slain wore that same holy symbol around their necks."

The information you were given was that Calliope Fareyes and a paladin had taken down your cult of the Pale Order. Turned to dust, even. With a warning about the undead. But you had been out on a mission to route these Red Heads. You never did see anyone perform the deed. Further, the name of Bharthran was slipped to you as the source of the infection, following Cutter's legacy.

It is then that all three of you hear a male's voice echoing through the blood stained baths.

How difficult is it for you to not see the truth laid out in front of you?

The Pale Order follows Wee Jas, a Goddess of Undeath. The First Lich! You would allow an abomination like that to roam The Mercy free? Do not be daft, woman. This thing is responsible for your friend's disappearance. Both of them.

And you, Jasidian: even though they did bring down your cabal, they are spent... and hurt. What better way to give these two Rightful Death than through an act of Retribution for the sins committed against your kind?

@Rusty: It's a ten gold ride back to the Containment Area a few blocks from the Wall of Separation as you and Raikou go through several check points and watch more people coming out of The Mercy that are subjected to extensive evaluations as you are simply given a quick check by the local priests before being allowed back in. After all, who would be infected in the City, right?

Once back in the ruined district, you let Corwin know you have the questions ready. Cutter may yet be of use to you after all.

And once at the Den, Raikou is invited in, with Cyrus more than happy to se his master and friend. Drakan is not in- most likely working on his usual thefts.

Sasha leaps from her usual chandelier and lands dangerously close as she sniffs the air around you before smiling.

"You are clean, Rusty... hehehehheheee! So, what kept you out all night? Old smuggling jobs? Late night drinking...

Killing Connor? Oh, hi, Raikou! Your friend here is literally a breath of fresh air. Keeps the Den cool, what with the whole whirlwind and all.""

Corwin nods from his chair and points towards Ross' room.

"He's expecting you. Not too keen on what he's about to cast, mind you...""

And whether or not you take the halfling to see the Boss, Corwin's words ring true.

Roscoe Underhill is a Divine Trickster of Olidammara. Rogues who have taken on clerical training and blend both faith and stealth in order to catch the undead unawares and inflict upon them as much pain as they would a living target.

Ross is in a meditative pose on the ground praying to Olidammara's shrine as you walk in and he points at a table with a black cloth over it.

"Put that thing there. I am ready to play 20 questions... although actually they will be six. Do you know what you wish for me to ask that thing?""

@Elizabeth: Well, great.

All this preparation and now you have need of another key.

A key Hannibal took, along with every other relevant items found around the manor. It would be impossible now to see what's behind this thing or at least know what it does.

Celaena listens to your words and looks around the area you are in.

"I am thankful for your help, Sister, but if this isn't an exit.. we have no reason to find out about it. I think we should just get out of this place. Find the authorities and tell them what we have been through and seen.

If we have to fight our way back out, so be it, but I would advise caution against going out of our way in the above levels. The bird creatures are fast and I don't know if I can bring them down fast enough.

The Lickers are sneaky and I don't know how many there are... and that would be it for monsters I have seen./ Plus those we have slain.

But the ultimate choice is yours. You do know what I can do and what you can do. Plus, you know how to leave this place. I have no idea.""

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Its a long ride back to the Mercy, which he stay quiet pretty much all the time.

Once at his destination, he pays the man and walk back into the ruined district. Thankfully there were no human bonfire this time.

Hannibal walk the streets and go through the winding alleys until he get into the hideout. Ready for an ambush, he step in and dodge Sasha's leaping attack.

"Too slow", he provokes her and shake his haversack, "Got something for you here".

He start taking out the many gifts he bought her, taking the musical box for last, "I saw your interest in cooking so I bought this stuff. This last one however", he hand her the bix, "Is to make sure you dont get too rusty while inside the hideout. It's a Lacore Box. Or maybe the Lacore Box. A relic of sorts, crafted by a powerful bard from yore".

Giving her a kiss, he look at Corwin and walk to him.
    "Bought something for you as well", he hand the wand of Amanuensis and the stack of papers, "This will allow us to make a safety copy of those documents. You can keep the originals".

"Ah!", he says, "If I describe someone, can you try and send to her? She's probably dead already, but who knows: Olidammara love to.play pranks on us all the time".

He then start describing Elizabeth as well as he can and write down a note for he to send to her.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    "Rusty's friend here. How are you doing? If still alive, which floor you are and what's your situation? If alive, we'll fetch you"

Once he finish it, he walk to Ross' room.
    "It's boogeyman's time!" he says and take Dr. cutter's head and put it on the table.

"Six questions", he says to himself and whisper them to Ross.

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    1. Will you answer the truth if we use your answers to kill Alexia for good?

2. What Alexia did to herself that required her to hibernate?

3. Does Alexia have any vulnerability or flaw that you know of?

4. What does the ring you possesed (the one with a green gem) open?

5. How can we stop the Crimson Head menace?

6. Does Alexia control Connor's actions somehow?

He then wait and listen.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Interesting, it appears we have someone interested in pitting us against each other. Someone rather clumsy at the task for that matter, he cannot even keep his stories consistent."

"Perhaps I should inform you of what happened last night. While I was out dealing with a minor infestation, my junior brethren, the rest of my order in this city, were assaulted and killed. Their belongings, including their holy symbols,"
    He taps the broken one with his foot "were stolen. After discovering the scene, I received word that Calliope Fareyes and an unnamed Paladin of Lendor were responsible, and at the same time, that Bharthram, my next target, could be found here. I presume now that both statements were lies."

"It would seem the fool speaking to us now expected me to attack you in perceived revenge, and you to deal with the obviously evil necromancer, without questioning the circumstances. It would be interesting to learn which he expected to prevail, or even if it matters to him."

Jannalor turns slightly to address wherever the voice seems to be coming from, "As for you, I presume you are the one actually responsible for that massacre, or you're aligned with the same. Do not disparage my mistress, she is the guardian of repose, peaceful death, and order. This plague, along with all that has happened here in the Mercy, is offensive to her."

Turning back to the unnamed pair, he states, "Now then, I've already stated I have no intention of harming you if I do not need to, this certainly reinforces that sentiment. And your response?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You have been leapt upon by Sasha twice already, as you anticipate her pounce and sidestep, catching the shifter by surprise as you give her a kiss and show her the gifts bought from the City.

"A cook book... for dummies. Nice, Rusty. I guess I can sharpen these cooking utensils and turn them into daggers of sorts.""

Corwin looks at her and at the items and shakes his head.

"Sasha, the whole point is for you to find a hobby. You are already rather good at dispatching people. And I am not dissing on Roscoe's cuisine, but this will give the Den a new flavor, so to speak. I can help you with some of the recipes if you want...

I did live alone back in the City and cooking was a must. Eating at restaurants and cafes every day is murder on your wallet.""

Sasha seems quite grateful for the box, however, as she looks at it from all angles.

"I do like this one. A Lacore Box? Corwin?""

The reporter sighs and puts his magazine down.

"A famous bard that is said to have lived in Halmathan. Before any of us were even born. Kind of a legend worldwide. A myth. But it is a nice purchase. Fine make.

Speaking of myths, Hannibal: I have been trying to find any relevant information about your merchant. I am sorry to say.. he's not around. I had Roscoe Commune to Olidammara to ask about him, but all they said was he split, so there's that. I won't give up on the trail, though. Cold as it may be."

And when you hand him the wand and stack of papers, the reporter's eyes widen.

"Now we're talking! I should be able to have these done in a few days. There are a lot of files and I thank you for letting me keep the originals, but you will get copies by virtue of this wand, worry not.""

However, before going to see the Boss, you are reminded of a little annoying wrinkled filled detail: Elizabeth. Chances are she's already dead, but right now, the group is separated, with Travis and the new dwarf somewhere in Runestone, maybe.

It would be a miracle if that hag were alive, but who knows, as you describe her to Corwin as best as you can, mimicking her way of speech, posture and even using props to simulate her hair and nagging voice.

"I take it she's a dear friend of yours, Hannibal? I will try and get ahold of her."

And once in Ross' room, you place the head of the infamous boogey man, Dr. Cutter.

The halfling walks up to it and places his good hand a few inches away from it, closing his eyes as the rotted face begins to move its frozen lips and its left eye twitches as the other one opens, blank and devoid of life utterly, yet trying to assert its surroundings.

"I hate this spell, Rusty, but let's get started... Aloyishus Cutter! We need information from you, so start talking...""

The head reeks and more so when it speaks, carrying the smell of the grave which inundates the room as Ross covers his nose and the questions are asked.

1. Will you answer the truth if we use your answers to kill Alexia for good?

What do you think...?

2. What Alexia did to herself that required her to hibernate?

The Grand Archmage's Treatises

3. Does Alexia have any vulnerability or flaw that you know of?

... yes.

4. What does the ring you possessed (the one with a green gem) open?

Hell's Door

5. How can we stop the Crimson Head menace?

OFF WITH HER HEAD!

6. Does Alexia control Connor's actions somehow?

Many strings pull here....

And having said that, Cutter's head ceases to speak and closes its eyes. The spell is done and Ross bids you to bag it and take it out of his sight.

"Damn dead never give you the answers you want. This guy was crazy when he died, so crazy would be the kind of answers we'd get from him. So what are you planning to do now?""

@Elizabeth: While still in the depths of this monster filled prison, something strikes your head from the back. Not a weapon. A spell- and not of a malign nature. A Sending.... to you?

Rusty's friend here. How are you doing? If still alive, which floor you are and what's your situation? If alive, we'll fetch you.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Sharkun realizes his misunderstanding.
    "Ah, sorry, I thought you were the one with the master amulet. Well, then, did they leave any instruction? I suppose in case of doubt, we could join the Bitter Coffee and from there, find them again."
    Travis says "If they went to the Mercy, I suppose that like as not they're at the Bitter Coffee. Alright, let's take a look, and get breakfast if nothing else."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Rusty nods to Corwin, "I'm sure this investigation will be good for you: you're grounded here as well", he says amd look to Sasha, "Later show me if the box actually works: the merchant kept saying it was a relic of sorts so I never had the possibility to listen to it".

Givong both below, he goes to speak with the dead. Heh, Silvana would probably sell a kidney (probably not her own) to be able to interrogate such famous and imfamious character: a Grand Archmage on top of all that.

Once Alloyisius Cutter start speaking and fill the room with the reek of grave and decay, Rusty is more than quick to write down the answers.

Putung the head back to the bag, he look to Ross.
    "Ok, boss. You can breath now. Thank you".

He walk out of the room and reach for his amulet.
    "Guys: just finished talking with Dr. Cutter back in the hideout. Ar you still at Runestone? If yes, I need you to reseaech and find out what is the Old Treatises. Apparently it is was Alexia used to turn herself stronger, so of she have any weakness we can exploit we must find out what she has become. Asked my friend to Send to Elizabeth so if she answer we might need to go and pick her right away... But I doubt she is alive still".

He then wait for the answers.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

@Jannalor: If there was an evil presence here, it is growing all around the Baths as you look at both warrior women who grip their blades and look back at you, starting with the one bearing Trithereon's symbol.

"This Mercy isn't exactly known for having the best of reputations. I lost a lot of good people during the Gang Wars that shook this place and now, with the undead aftermath. I guess we should be leaving this place...""

The one with the short hair and bearing the Kordite symbol looks at you as her grip around the blade tightens.

"Yeah... I suppose we can continue this chat outside.""

And to the voice, you insult it. Calling it clumsy and a fool as the feeling of dread fills the Baths and all three of you start looking around as the horrid stone faces keep vomiting blood onto the pools and you get your reply:

Kordites are just like their master back in the City. Headstrong and stupid. And yet, for all their boasting about strength, when given authentic reason to display it, they take pause. Cowardly acts not uncommon in this district.

Thrithereonites, for all their talk about Freedom. Liberty...Justice. You have been given a creature. Look at it: a monster shrouded and masked to hide its unnatural nature and even then you take pause at honeyed words.

And lastly... the Jasidian Order of the Pale Hand. Or shall I say.. it's very last standing member. Disposing of them was extremely easy. I have taken down so many factions before, it is almost becoming second nature to me by now!

Understand this, you three:

Your assistance is NOT required.

The exiled raptorans are now leaderless. Your dear Ketra is in... well. Let's just say she's in somebody else's hands now. Beyond what you might be able to achieve.

The same can be said for your dear Calliope. She was getting in the way and had to be removed, even for someone like an Ambularet Per Pade.

Trithereon is a nameless and forgotten deity in this place. There will be Freedom for you, however...

And as for you, Jasidian. The faith of the Ruby Sorceress is a joke. She has no power here. She never will and the dusty remains of your acolytes by my hand is testament to it.

I will not have you running around, disrupting what I have labored so much for. You mentioned that my plan to incite rage between both groups failed? You are partially correct.

It is then that the Kordite warrior's eyes widen with fear as a shadow pops behind her at incredible speed and the woman nearly loses her balance as she spits blood, going pale as arcane energy leaves the wound on her back- a deadly precise wound- and is absorbed into a most unusual and sinister man that looks at all three of you:

"My plan was to lure you here.""

The warrior of Trithereon looks at her comrade and then at the man, who looks at all three of you.

"Clarity! You alright?""

"What the hell did that bastard hit me with?! Be careful.. he stole a lot of my spells...and I mean A LOT!""

The man cleans a punching dagger with a white handkerchief and smiles smugly while grates shut down the exit to The Baths.

"Bharthran played his part. Now he is of no use to me. You three however, will not kill each other as I had originally planned. One is a walking corpse. He will not be missed.

The other two shall be mourned by the pathetic specks that drag an existence in The Mercy. Victims of some random mugging, so prevalent in this decaying district... assuming there is something left to mourn, that is."

And so, the one who took down the Pale hand and is behind of many other disappearances has decided to confront you. This man may very well be the infamous Doctor Cutter and if so, extra caution should be taken... at least from the two girls.

You are a spell stitched necropolitan inquisitor. Nothing he can do can even faze you. Not some pathetic little punching dagger, that's for sure.

Map

Spoiler: Fight for your… Unlife????
    Show

Roll Initiative
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2018-02-04 at 11:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Safe for now, In specimen storage. Tell rusty I know where arrow head goes and have a friend." Sister Elizabeth replies before turning to Celaena. "Seems the calvary is alive after all and is supposed to be on its way.

Show
    Sorry for the quick reply my son is still up but didn't want to slow things down.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

As they were about to leave for the Bitter Coffee, Sharkun's piece of the amulet starts to emit the voice of Hannibal. He takes it and closes it to his ear. He then answers with an ironic tone.

"We are still at Runestone Rusty, yes. Who is Dr Cutter? Who is Alexia? Who is Elizabeth? Where is the hideout? I'm more than happy to help, provided I have more data than what is at hand. Also, I got to sweep celestial monkey poop this morning."

After Travis has finished speaking, Sharkun asks him.
    "So...can you fill me in about all that? And do you have any idea of what those treaties might be?"

Show

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+4)[5]
    Knowledge (History): (1d20+4)[12]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Upon hearing Rusty's voice through the stone Travis replies "Rusty, you shouldn't have been keeping me in the dark this long. I am still at Runestone but was about to leave. Does Stormy have another teleport scroll or do I need to buy one for him? Hmm ... Old Treatises? Let me think ..."

ooc:
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+20)[36]
    Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+8)[10]
    Knowledge (Local) (1d20+8)[25]
    Knowledge (Planes) (1d20+8)[24]

If Travis doesn't know what it is, he will do research at the library, and/or inquire with the Mistress of Divination if need be.

He tells Sharkun "It's best not to speak much of such matters here as the enemy has scrying eyes everywhere. Long story short: Cutter was an evil wizard who made monsters out of people. He's dead but Alexia continues his work. Elizabeth is an ally of ours and a healer; although she serves Alexia, she is crazy and doesn't believe that her mistress is behind the monsters. The hideout is ... hidden, but I can take you there."

Before heading to the Mercy, Travis plans to stop at the highway robbers' shop to lighten his load from all the gold Rusty handed him.

Show

Assuming he doesn't need to buy a teleport scroll.

To sell:
    Item / normal price / "normal" sale / expected sale (half normal)
    staff of charming 12 chg / 3960 / 1980 / 990
    Michael's spellbook / 9000 / 4500/ 2250
    scroll: sleep / 25 / 12.5 / 6.25
    scroll: burning hands / 25 / 12.5 / 6.25
    potion: eagle's splendor / 300 / 150 / 75
    hat of disguise / 1800 / 900 / 450
    scroll: greater magic weapon CL12 / 900 / 450 / 225
    scroll: clairaudience/clairvoyance / 375 / 187.5 / 93.75
    scroll: dominate person / 1125 / 562.5 / 281.25
    Total expected = 4377.5 gp

To buy:
    Item / normal price / 150%
    wand of heroics / 4500 / 6750
    3 pearls of power 1st level / 3000 / 4500

scroll: owl's wisdom / 150 / 225
    scroll: ray deflection / 700 / 1050
    scroll: water breathing / 375 / 562.5
    scroll: alter fortune / 375 / 562.5
    scroll: insight of good fortune / 170 / 255
    10 gold dice for insight of good fortune / 200 / 300

potion of lesser vigor / 50 / 75
    potion of CLW / 50 / 75
    Total to buy = 14355

After the sales and using the 10k in gold, expected change = 22.5 gp

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Celaena listens to your words and looks around the area you are in.

"I am thankful for your help, Sister, but if this isn't an exit.. we have no reason to find out about it. I think we should just get out of this place. Find the authorities and tell them what we have been through and seen.

If we have to fight our way back out, so be it, but I would advise caution against going out of our way in the above levels. The bird creatures are fast and I don't know if I can bring them down fast enough.

The Lickers are sneaky and I don't know how many there are... and that would be it for monsters I have seen./ Plus those we have slain.

But the ultimate choice is yours. You do know what I can do and what you can do. Plus, you know how to leave this place. I have no idea.""
    The problem is to my knowledge their is no way out of the house ever since the attack. While we can leave this floor, leaving the manor itself requires magic I do not possess." Sister Elizabeth explains to Celaena. "And I highly doubt if you had such a spell you would still be here, meaning we are up the creek without a paddle. Add in that the young mistress is deeper within the manor, locked away safely inside the inner sanctum that we can only get to by getting all the keys and I have no way of getting the two of us out of here. Out of this dungeon is simple, back to where I found you, up the stairs near the cell they kept you in, and simply take a left at the top should lead you to an elevator. But thats about it. We would still be trapped here." the old woman explains to her friend, letting her know that while they could leave this place they could not leave the building to her knowledge.

"I see, the problem is either way to escape we will have to pass the lickers and bird creatures eventually, I mean we could hold out here, I can create food and water if I prepare the spells so we would not ever go hungry, but we would be trapped in a gilded cage and not be able to sleep safe. At least if we try to get rid of all of Cutter's creations while we wait for the others to come as you suspect they will when they get here they should be safe and we can open that door which may lead to an exit down below." she explains honeslty to the woman, not seeing anything else really to do besides try and make their survival chances as high as possible.

A few moments later a voice rang out in her head and turning to Celaena she relays the news.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

@Elizabeth: Whoever this person who contacted you was, he seems to be friendly, as you reply and inform Celaena of the new developments.

"Oh ye of little faith. See? I told you we'd be rescued. Now, what do you want to do? This room has barrels of gunpowder and that angel mural, but other than that, no exit I can find, other than going back up. Your call, Sister.""

@Rusty: While Cutter's head speaks, you hold your breath and jot down the answers and once the spell is done, Ross exhales and vents the room.

"I don't know if that mad man's head gave you anything useful to work on, but I doubt we will be getting more answers with repeated castings of it.""

And then you get to do your usual thing, as you ground Corwin, who raises an eyebrow as he examines the new wand and looks at the stack of papers.

"I am what now?""

Then you ask Sasha to decipher the music box. Who knows, if you paid so much money for it, it must be able to do something.

"I'll check it out later, Rusty- I want to check this book you brought me first. But don't go out on wild nights or anything... and if you do, let me know:

Going crazy in here!""

And so, you put on the amulet purchased by Raikou and contact Travis and Sharkun back in Ruenstone. They need to find anything related to these "Treatises". If they are the source of Alexia's power, maybe you can exploit them and end her once and for all.

It is then that Corwin blinks twice and looks at you.

"Your friend replied:

Safe for now, In specimen storage. Tell rusty I know where arrow head goes and have a friend.

And you thought the old woman was dead... any of that information is relevant to you?""

@Travis: You are about to leave Runestone with Sharkun when the gem Raikou handed to you begins to ring and vibrate as you place it close to your ear and can hear Rusty's voice. This is not a mental conversation. It is far better than the Sending spell, however, since both parties can speak for extended periods of time.

Something Rusty mentioned... the Old Treaties. Where have you heard or read about that? It eludes you at the moment. Was it with master Noirin? No, he never mentioned that.

Runestone's Library has a wealth of books, mostly about the City's history, but nothing even close to any Old Treaties. In fact, upon questioning the librarian, she has no idea what you are talking about.

Your next best bet would be Merla Lidenbrook, being one of the Grand Masters at Ruenstone, but the Tower of Magi is off limits. You need to be invited and she has not extended such grace to your Sharkun.

Whatever these things are, they are known to a very select few. Sadly, the only other person besides Alexia with said knowledge is a decomposing head.

Now, you could wait for her to somehow make contact with you.. or you could go and get properly robbed by Connor and give him more of your hard earned cash.

Sinio at the Bursar's is quite perplexed when you show him Michael's spell book.

"Are you sure you want to part with it? Very well. let us see what we have in stock...""

Spoiler: Selling List
    Show

staff of charming 12 charges: 990 gp

Michael's spellbook 2250 gp

Sleep scroll 6 gp

Burning Hands Scroll 6 gp

Potion of Eagle's Splendor 75 gp

hat of disguise 450 gp

scroll: greater magic weapon CL 12th 225 gp

scroll: clairaudience/clairvoyance 93 gp

scroll: dominate person 281 gp

Total: 4376 gp

Sinio looks at your wares and then writes down what you wish to acquire, handing you a finished total.

Spoiler: Shopping List
    Show

wand of heroics 6750 gp

pearl of power 1st x3: 4500 gp

scroll: owl's wisdom 225 gp

scroll: ray deflection 1050 gp

scroll: water breathing 563 gp

scroll: alter fortune 563 gp

scroll: insight of good fortune 255 gp

10 gold dice for insight of good fortune 300 gp

potion of lesser vigor 75 gp

potion of CLW 75 gp

Total: 14356 gp

"If everything is in order, just sign here and here and I will have the goods brought immediately to you."

@Jannalor: Whoever this man is, he is slow. Which comes as no surprise- you are not human anymore. Pretty much invulnerable. if he is indeed the one behind all this madness, you can end him. Right here, right now.

Round 1

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Jannalor
    ???
    Lendra
    Clarity

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hidden beneath his robes, a series of arcane runes start glowing on Jannalor's arm as he sweeps the limb, casting a shower of gold flecks towards this hunter, whatever his name is, while avoiding his recent victim. He won't be able to hide in the shadows if this works.

Show
    Rolled a 20 for init
    spellstitched SLA Glitterdust DC 18 Will save vs blindness effect only, glowing effect is automatic
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-04 at 09:08 PM.