New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,467 of 1467
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7!

Derjuin: nice drawings.

Meto30: nice drawings too. Sorry I don't take the time right now to comment on them in detail, but I still like how you manage to make it a continuous story while often connecting well to the prompts (#25 in particular).

I just enjoyed a very similar experience to that from the effort a different creator, so let me tell you about a bit. So tom7 is a computer geek who creates music and sometimes small videogames and crazy useless projects as hobbies, plus runs as a hobby. He's just finished an awesome running project. Now he sometimes makes video games in this challenge thing called Ludum Dare, in which many game developers individually quickly make a game entirely on their own and in 48 hours after the announcement of a prompt. The prompt is always quite vague and leaves a lot of freedom for what the game is. He created a new game for the instance of this challenge the last week. The prompt happened to be "running out of space". Tom7 managed to make an enjoyable short adventure game from it, titled "Running out of space". He uses that prompt title in the game in three ways. Firstly, the title appears on the title screen in an alien alphabet, which is a simple substitution cipher for the English alphabet that is also used by the alien player character. Since that title happens to have most of the frequent letters of English, and tom7 tells you the title of the game multiple times in the normal alphabet too outside of the main game interface, you can easily guess that the title screen has that title, and that makes decoding the alphabet much easier than it would have been otherwise. Then during the game, you will have to solve two different puzzles, in both of which you are "running out of space" but in two different meanings. I won't spoil exactly how, but one of them seems to be inspired by a previous game tom7 made, and the other one is connected to that the game is set on a spaceship in space.

-----

I spent half of the hot long weekend in Wien, and it was very enjoyable. The vacation went just like I planned: I met some people from the internet in real life and we had a good long chat; and then I spent a whole hot day in the nice cool Kunsthistorisches Museum taking photos with my compact camera.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2018-08-20 at 01:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well, the picture clinches it...

Changeling Bathtub++
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I haven't been able to watch episode 19 yet, but for some reason I was able to see episode 20. So, here are my thoughts;

Spoiler: S8E20
    Show
    This was certainly an interesting episode, and it touched on an element of Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's relationship that I've always wondered about, namely the fact that Scootaloo is incapable to following in Rainbow Dash's hoofsteps as a Wonderbolt due to her being unable to fly. On that end it makes sense that Scootaloo would eventually seek out new role models elsewhere, so her sudden infatuation with the Washouts does make sense to me. I also found Rainbow Dash's reactions to be not nearly as cringe-inducing as I was worried they'd be. True, she was initially hostile to the idea of the Washouts as a matter of wounded pride, but she did warm up to them after watching the show and even took Scootaloo over to speak with them, which I think does a great job of showing Rainbow Dash's growth as a character. Then Lightning Dust appears and Rainbow Dash promptly over-corrects, this time out of protectiveness rather than ego.
    That all being said, Applejack stole the entire episode with one line. "You'd all tell me if that happened, right?"

Overall, I thought it was a fine episode, though not one of the best we've had this season. I'd probably give it a B-
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will also add a vote for Changeling Bathtub.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any theories on why there are so many leaks this year (the crazier the better).

My guess is The Doctor was trying to binge watch the season with Derpy but his TV was set to broadcast instead of view which caused them to be sent across the dimensions and entered our internet.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. That bloomed quickly. I think we've hit mathematically impossible to beat at this point. Glad my recommendation flew so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Should I throw in a token vote to "Different friends for different things"? It's still appropriate, at least for describing my clumsy attempts at real life. But nah. The changeling bathtub image is too good to not use. But we don't have to hammer it, so let's not put the "leakier than" into the title. People will see it from the image anyway. That's enough for the joke to work. And for Celestia's sake, let's start using digits I can read already. So here's my token vote.

I hereby vote that the title of the next thread shall be "My Little Pony 99: Changeling bathtub", and the opening post unspoilered image shall be something close to the image of Chrysalis trying her new bathtub.

Thanks to DigoDragon for posting the image.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2018-08-21 at 06:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Meto30: nice drawings too. Sorry I don't take the time right now to comment on them in detail, but I still like how you manage to make it a continuous story while often connecting well to the prompts (#25 in particular).

I just enjoyed a very similar experience to that from the effort a different creator, so let me tell you about a bit. So tom7 is a computer geek who creates music and sometimes small videogames and crazy useless projects as hobbies, plus runs as a hobby. He's just finished an awesome running project. Now he sometimes makes video games in this challenge thing called Ludum Dare, in which many game developers individually quickly make a game entirely on their own and in 48 hours after the announcement of a prompt. The prompt is always quite vague and leaves a lot of freedom for what the game is. He created a new game for the instance of this challenge the last week. The prompt happened to be "running out of space". Tom7 managed to make an enjoyable short adventure game from it, titled "Running out of space". He uses that prompt title in the game in three ways. Firstly, the title appears on the title screen in an alien alphabet, which is a simple substitution cipher for the English alphabet that is also used by the alien player character. Since that title happens to have most of the frequent letters of English, and tom7 tells you the title of the game multiple times in the normal alphabet too outside of the main game interface, you can easily guess that the title screen has that title, and that makes decoding the alphabet much easier than it would have been otherwise. Then during the game, you will have to solve two different puzzles, in both of which you are "running out of space" but in two different meanings. I won't spoil exactly how, but one of them seems to be inspired by a previous game tom7 made, and the other one is connected to that the game is set on a spaceship in space.
    Thanks! Trying to make the submissions tell a continuous story while staying within the bounds of the prompts (somehow) was rather interesting. I hope the last remaining pages will allow me to put a fitting conclusion to the extended story-arc.

Spoiler: On that note, the 27th prompt.
    Show

The fourth panel recreates a certain composition that I used on one of my very first Pony fan art.
    Last edited by meto30; 2018-08-21 at 04:21 AM.
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, I haven't been able to watch episode 19 yet, but for some reason I was able to see episode 20.
    That's odd. Did EqD lose their links?

Spoiler: S8E20
    Show
    This was certainly an interesting episode, and it touched on an element of Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's relationship that I've always wondered about, namely the fact that Scootaloo is incapable to following in Rainbow Dash's hoofsteps as a Wonderbolt due to her being unable to fly. On that end it makes sense that Scootaloo would eventually seek out new role models elsewhere, so her sudden infatuation with the Washouts does make sense to me. I also found Rainbow Dash's reactions to be not nearly as cringe-inducing as I was worried they'd be. True, she was initially hostile to the idea of the Washouts as a matter of wounded pride, but she did warm up to them after watching the show and even took Scootaloo over to speak with them, which I think does a great job of showing Rainbow Dash's growth as a character. Then Lightning Dust appears and Rainbow Dash promptly over-corrects, this time out of protectiveness rather than ego.
    That all being said, Applejack stole the entire episode with one line. "You'd all tell me if that happened, right?"

Overall, I thought it was a fine episode, though not one of the best we've had this season. I'd probably give it a B-
    Spoiler: Ep20 - The Washouts
    Show
    I'm a bit mixed with this episode. Scootaloo's inability to fly is touched upon again and I liked that Dash warms up to The Washouts after watching their air show... but I'm left scratching my head as to why things take a turn into Loony Tunes cartoon villainy when Lightning Dust gets involved. I was actually happy to see that Lightning found herself a new niche to fill with creating a stunt show. So... what the heck was up with launching Scoots on a rocket? Also, Equestria has the technology for liquid fuel rockets? Huh. I wonder when they'll start launching satellites into orbit.

I dunno, the story fell flat at the end for me. Being a stunt-pony and getting hurt for doing crazy tricks seems to be the kind of thing Lightning would be happy with. The stunt show is a controlled environment and I could see the boasting about "no safety nets" being just that--boasting. But to potentially kill a filly for a good show? That seems too extreme even for Lightning. I just couldn't buy that premise. Nearly killing Dash's friends in Wonderbolts Academy was an unforeseen accident because the Mane6 happen to show up at the wrong moment in a hot-air balloon. But willingly strapping Scoots to an untested rocket held together by duct tape is a page out of Wile E. Coyote's cookbook. It would have been more believable if Scootaloo purposely attempted to rocket herself off a ramp and then have both Lighting and Rainbow come to her rescue together.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: ep 20
    Show
    Reminder that Lightning Dust didn't care that she'd almost killed five ponies with the unauthorized tornado stunt that she talked Dash into. Only that it was cool.

A complete lack of concern for the wellbeing of others or the consequences of her actions as long as it's cool or she gets to push her limits is totally in character for Lightning Dust.

Even her admitting that she behaved wrongly at the Academy doesn't come with any sign that she's changed as she's pretty upfront that she's risking her fellow stuntponies lives for a better show.

She might actually be a sociopath.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Should I throw in a token vote to "Different friends for different things"? It's still appropriate, at least for describing my clumsy attempts at real life. But nah. The changeling bathtub image is too good to not use. But we don't have to hammer it, so let's not put the "leakier than" into the title. People will see it from the image anyway. That's enough for the joke to work. And for Celestia's sake, let's start using digits I can read already. So here's my token vote.

I hereby vote that the title of the next thread shall be "My Little Pony 99: Changeling bathtub", and the opening post unspoilered image shall be something close to the image of Chrysalis trying his new bathtub.

Thanks to DigoDragon for posting the image.
    No, no, no. You're all doing it all wrong. Robust means more than two D:
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    I'm a bit mixed with this episode. Scootaloo's inability to fly is touched upon again and I liked that Dash warms up to The Washouts after watching their air show... but I'm left scratching my head as to why things take a turn into Loony Tunes cartoon villainy when Lightning Dust gets involved. I was actually happy to see that Lightning found herself a new niche to fill with creating a stunt show. So... what the heck was up with launching Scoots on a rocket? Also, Equestria has the technology for liquid fuel rockets? Huh. I wonder when they'll start launching satellites into orbit.

I dunno, the story fell flat at the end for me. Being a stunt-pony and getting hurt for doing crazy tricks seems to be the kind of thing Lightning would be happy with. The stunt show is a controlled environment and I could see the boasting about "no safety nets" being just that--boasting. But to potentially kill a filly for a good show? That seems too extreme even for Lightning. I just couldn't buy that premise. Nearly killing Dash's friends in Wonderbolts Academy was an unforeseen accident because the Mane6 happen to show up at the wrong moment in a hot-air balloon. But willingly strapping Scoots to an untested rocket held together by duct tape is a page out of Wile E. Coyote's cookbook. It would have been more believable if Scootaloo purposely attempted to rocket herself off a ramp and then have both Lighting and Rainbow come to her rescue together.
    Spoiler: E20
    Show
    While I agree that Lightning Dust's portrayal here was a bit more extreme than it was in Wonderbolt Academy, I do feel it was something of a natural progression. Lightning Dust previously was portrayed as somepony who was entirely focused on her own self-aggrandizement, to the extent that she had no compunction about putting other ponies in harm's way. Going from putting other ponies in jeopardy as a side-effect of her actions and not caring isn't that far off from doing it deliberately, especially if she can justify it to herself as being something Scootaloo consented to. Also, I strongly suspect that Lightning Dust's desire to get one up on Rainbow Dash by incorporating her honorary younger sister into the Washout's act may have made her even more reckless than normal.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

12. - Top - End - #1452

I hereby vote that the title of the next thread shall be "My Little Pony 99: Changeling bathtub", and the opening post unspoilered image shall be something close to the image of Chrysalis trying his new bathtub.
    I know I have trouble remembering things from the series well enough to keep episodes straight, but I'm pretty sure Chrysalis is a her.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I know I have trouble remembering things from the series well enough to keep episodes straight, but I'm pretty sure Chrysalis is a her.
    b_jonas inverts English pronouns whenever he talks about a Pony character. And possibly more often than that. It's a whole thing.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

General sort of query... Do you guys occasionallty get apparently random friend requests on steam? I got one from a H4wkey3 (that's not one of you lot, right?) from... Namibia? today and I'm a bit puzzled.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    General sort of query... Do you guys occasionallty get apparently random friend requests on steam? I got one from a H4wkey3 (that's not one of you lot, right?) from... Namibia? today and I'm a bit puzzled.
    I've been getting a few recently myself, but I'm fairly certain most of them are traders looking to make unsolicited offers for some of my higher value TF2 items.

My Homebrew

Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

I've been getting a few recently myself, but I'm fairly certain most of them are traders looking to make unsolicited offers for some of my higher value TF2 items.
    Wierd. I wouldn't have thought I have any items of any note...

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: S8E20 Washouts
    Show
    • The expressions make this episode great.
    • Pointing out Rainbow Dash’s stalking is a nice touch
    • Applejack’s banana comment is great.
    • Yay for flagrant disregard to the safety of team mates. But since they don’t endanger other ponies and are aware of the risks, I am okay with that choice.
    • Spitfire reminds me of some of the terrible anti-drug commercials from the 1980s in the United States. And of course they worked as well as the anti-drug commercials.
    • Multi-stage liquid fueled rockets are actually fairly advanced. That means that pony technology is at least up to 1940s equivalent. Combine this with tanks and other technology referenced in the show, and they could be fairly militaristic.
    • Overall a B. I enjoyed the episode, but they forced the ending. It may be cruel, but they should have shown Scootaloo getting hurt and having to live with the consequences of her choices. It would not have to be a full body cast, but a broken leg and pain for a week in justified.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show

Spoiler: S8E20 Response to Digo
    Show
    I like the idea of Scootaloo trying to pull off a stunt without Lightning Dust's consent and then Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash saving her. This could be explained as Scootaloo wanting to show off and be as cool as Rainbow Dash even though she can't fly. However, this would require a complete rewrite of the episode.

It would show growth in Lightning Dust that she still wants to be the best and is willing to push herself to the limits, but she won't risk anyone else. That is an important line that I can respect. It would be even better if she showed remorse for endangering the Mane 6.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

My Little Pony XCIX: There's No Wrong Way to Fantasize

Might as well throw something else out there
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    Spoiler: S8E20 Washouts
    Show
    Spitfire reminds me of some of the terrible anti-drug commercials from the 1980s in the United States. And of course they worked as well as the anti-drug commercials.
    She's riffing off Matt Foley.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2018-08-21 at 09:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Meto's submission for the 28th prompt of ATG 2018
    Show

My friends tell me Rarity is my spirit pony. I'll try to draw her more and better from now on!
    Unus Mundus, Una Veritas, Unum Imperium.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Spamalot in the Playground

General sort of query... Do you guys occasionallty get apparently random friend requests on steam?
    I haven't gotten any in a long time, so no. Guess I don't have any cards worth trading. Not that I do any of that stuff. I just go on Steam to play games.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    Spoiler: S8E20 Response to Digo
    Show
    I like the idea of Scootaloo trying to pull off a stunt without Lightning Dust's consent and then Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash saving her. This could be explained as Scootaloo wanting to show off and be as cool as Rainbow Dash even though she can't fly. However, this would require a complete rewrite of the episode.

It would show growth in Lightning Dust that she still wants to be the best and is willing to push herself to the limits, but she won't risk anyone else. That is an important line that I can respect. It would be even better if she showed remorse for endangering the Mane 6.
    Spoiler: Ep20 The Washouts
    Show
    A lesson about choices and consequences sounds like something good for the target audience. As the episode is now, I wonder if making Lightning an adversary of Dash was even necessary. Like, here we are late into season 8 and maybe we have just one more season. If Lightning never shows up again in the show then I don't see a point. The show seems to have forgotten it was about character growth.

I dunno. Endangering herself is in character for Lightning Dust. Endangering adult ponies? Not directly intending it, but her peer-pressure tactics on Dash and consequences of Lightning's actions was a topic she was struggling with. Directly endanger a filly for a show stunt? The way it was presented I couldn't take it seriously. I think this was done better with Trixie when she made a friend with Starlight and Twi was still messing in their affairs not trusting Trix. ;)
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Flurry!Dreadnought
    Show

Hashallaxit Dreadnought

What does we think next pony?

23. - Top - End - #1463

Show

Hashallaxit Dreadnought

Vaguely reminds me of when someone painted the Death Star pink and slapped the Hello Kitty logo on it. It shouldn't make a difference, but it did. I think in the implication that these people are so happy to kill you, they don't want to take a chance on scaring you off. *shivers*

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Hashallaxit Dreadnought

What about doing one based on Spitfire or possibly the Wonderbolts in general?

My Homebrew

Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

What about doing one based on Spitfire or possibly the Wonderbolts in general?
    Spoiler: Ralaou Light Corvette
    Show

(Yeah, it was a small ship, so it got done fast.)

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Hashallaxit Dreadnought

I like it. It actually fits quite well.

Let's throw a challenge at you though. Do Octavia.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I like it. It actually fits quite well.

Let's throw a challenge at you though. Do Octavia.
    Well...

Spoiler
    Show

Actually, 'Tavi was the first one I did with the Xygritt Matriarchy...

Also, Thank you for bringing us to page 50, so I can do this before meditation time:

New thread.