New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVB - Raerc

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Raerc

Raerc lets out a surprised grunt. "If you know so much about who took it and where they are, why haven't you sent the City Watch after them?" the dragonborn asks, sounding a bit incredulous.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"They have been a bit... preoccupied with the total destruction of an entire city district and the resulting unrest, hardship, and increase in violent crime. Petty theft is beyond their ability to handle on a regular basis. Additionally, I'd prefer to get my horn back soon and in one piece rather than four years from now after it's been held as evidence for the ongoing trial, appeal, higher appeal, etc., assuming it isn't lost or broken in storage and transfer in the interim.

I trust that answers your question sufficiently.
    "
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Raerc processes this for a moment then nods. "All right, that makes good sense. What can you tell me about the thief, then? And why would he steal a horn, no offense?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"Dandri and Pano, a pair of halflings, an arcanist and a sneak thief, worked for me on a project some time ago in the Docks. Not exactly above board, but this was the Docks. Nothing there ever was. Anyway, they demanded more than double the agreed upon price for their services. When I refused, they made off with the horn, knowing it was important to me, as well as a few more fiscally valuable items. Simple goods are easy enough to recover, or were before the flood. The horn however, is unique and irreplaceable due to its history, though not intrinsically of much worth."
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-02-27 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Raerc makes a harrumphing noise. "Halflings," he says with a flat tone. "Do you know where they lived before their theft? Even if they are hiding somewhere else, maybe they left something behind."

He hesitates, then goes on: "If it's of little intrinsic worth, they must have taken it either to spite you or to try and get you to pay for it. If the first, it doesn't help, but if it's the second..." He trails off, looking expectantly at Islabera.