New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Champions of Fate [5e Homebrew Inc]

The streets of Dalvesh teem with activity as merchants ply wares in the markets, dock workers load and unload ships coming to and from far off shores, and patrols of guards keep the peace in the bustling city. Several guild halls stand out among the sandstone buildings that surround them, one in particular goes above and beyond for decoration. A cobblestone structure with a large hourglass on it's roof, tilted and slowly rotating, with the sand pouring endlessly and a greatsword piercing it's base. This is the symbol of the Champions of fate. Within this guild hall four new recruits wait upon their fifth member as he recieves their very first mission as a cohessive unit. The Half-Elf Khem-mes stands in a small room in front of a large desk as a Gnome with large goggles looks over some papers, which appear to be profiles of the members of Kehm-mes's group. The Gnome in question is Executor Bomble Fizzdrop, the overseer of the training for all newly formed teams.

"A good mix of skills in this group. I see good things in your future. We hope your training went well, I didn't see any broken noses or noticeable bruises while you waited out there with the others so it seems you lot are ready for some real work. Hope you are tired of rat exterminations and missing pet cats. We've selected three jobs that suit your group's skills, but as their appointed team leader you get to pick which one you accept first. We can hold the other two jobs at the post board in the lounge should you want to give them a try, though take too long and they might get picked up by one of the other new groups. Take a look and make your choice."

The Executor passes over the three jobs for Khem-mes to pick from.

Spoiler: Khem-mes only
    Show

Unsettling Rumors
    Wanted: Brave adventurers to investigate rumors of a monster lurking in the sewers under the docks.
    Reward: 370 gp, whatever is found while searching the sewers.

Restless Dead
    Wanted: Someone to look into corpses missing from my family's tomb.
    Contact: Meketre San'Hulad, Heir to the San'Hulad estate, located at his home in the Palace District.
    Reward: 520 gp, an invitation for each party member to the next San'Hulad gala.

Sandglass
    Wanted: Astute explorers to find me an area where sandglass can be found regularly.
    Contact: Ackindro Des'vlaht, Glass-smith extraordinaire. Can be found at my shop in the market district.
    Reward: 220 gold and 2 rare magical potions

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Champions of Fate [5e Homebrew Inc]

Sreng breathes in deeply, taking in the scent of the docks. While small by the standards of giants, he still towers over the general populace. He nods and smiles to any that give him a strange look.

"It will be a good day. I can smell it. Also fish. I smell those too." He rumbles with a satisfied nod.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bran, for his part, doesn't say much. He's not one for small talk. In fact, he seems perfectly still. Onlookers might be surprised to find out he was breathing. The life of a monk had taught Bran how to stand in place for long periods of time.

4. - Top - End - #4

Bird continues to stare intently into the crystal he uses to focus his spells while replying to Sreng. "I do enjoy fish. Wonder if my magic would let catch them easier?"

Despite having inspected the crystal for hours on end the day he first received it, Bird still found himself consistently fascinated by every minor detail of the crystal. The fascination he felt toward the crystal was the reason he wanted it, after all.
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2018-02-13 at 11:55 PM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I must agree, today is a great day for work. Khem-mes adds, with a slight smile on his face.

Khem mes's eyes scan the papers as he looks down on them, reading each detail acutely as possible.

Here, these stolen corpses from various family owned burial sights. That is a travesty, and it would bring the families of those affected great joy of we were to bring them back. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-02-17 at 06:34 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

6. - Top - End - #6

"No objections here. Performing burial rights was one of the most important and prestigious responsibilities at the temple I used to work for." Bird pauses, then apprehensively whispers another sentence: "Probably why I never got it."
    Last edited by TurboGhast; 2018-02-20 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Typo fix

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Sreng nods. "It is a good thing. I say yes. Likely dark wickedness involved." Zombies taste terrible.

8. - Top - End - #8

GreenSorcererElf

Bran Nemeton nods. "That seems like a good thing to do, yes. I'll tag along."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Executor Bomble Fizzdrop nods as he takes the other two job postings to return them to the Job Board in the main lobbey of the guild hall. "Then the job is yours. Come back when the job is completed and hand in the form to recieve recognition for it's completion. The individual that posted the job will likely give you the reward themself, but if not just inform me when you return and any difference in the reward will be made up for the group. You are free to take the job at your own pace. Good luck to you!" He dismisses the group and they are now free to do as they please to complete the job.
    Last edited by Croverus; 2018-02-21 at 11:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Sreng pauses in thought for a moment. "I suppose the gravesites would be the first place to go, no?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Sreng pauses in thought for a moment. "I suppose the gravesites would be the first place to go, no?"
    Indeed. If fell magics were used in the creation of these walking dead, perhaps there could be some sort of residue left behind. Or if someone has been stealing these bodies for pleasure, perish the thought, or perhaps to rile up this family, there may be mundane clues there as well...

Khem-mes seems to ponder over these thoughts.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

12. - Top - End - #12

Bird motions to the door slightly impatiently. "Then let's go. We can continue discussing other possibilities on the way to the gravesites."
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.