New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Blood War in your Backyard (IC) [Team Catapult]

Main Branch
    ---
    You quickly round up a few engineers from the Empire of Immortals: a pair of halflings, a dwarf, four gnomes, eight humans and a Mummified Drow who seems to be in charge of the group, if anyone can really ever be in charge of engineers. It takes a bit of time to explain your plan but they do not seem particularly surprised at the idea; several nod sagely, as if this would be their own plan of action should they be placed in your shoes.

The catapault they provide for you is...unfortunately not all that impressive, a fact that embarrasses them to the extreme; it is fully functional, of course, and more than capable of projecting something of roughly your mass to roughly where you want to go, but they seem to wish to offer more than the bare minimum service to a hero who personally approached them asking for their aid to save the world.

At any rate, with the full team (and a good two dozen ogre servants) doing calibrations and adjustments it takes hardly any time at all to discard the previous load of large stones and seat you appropriately. It will only take a few seconds to aim you and then off you will fly!
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Please provide a general landing target based on this picture.

Assume the gates are on the 'West' and 'East' and approximate based off of that. You are starting roughly a mile 'South', in line with the tower in the wall at the bottom right of the fortress. You can choose to be lobbed above the location or you can choose to be shot at the location. If you are lobbed you have control of the flight to a large degree allowing you to control come to a 'stop' 50 feet above the location assuming you can fly. You will not get an initiative bonus or surprise round if you choose this option. If you are 'Launched' then you take 5d6 damage but arrive nigh-instantly and can get a surprise attack off on targets (assuming you have targets nearby at the time).
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2018-02-12 at 09:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Blood War in your Backyard (IC) [Team Catapult]

As claidheamh details his plan to the soldiers, he briefly considers going back and heading in for the frontal assault -- after all, a student of the white raven discipline shouldn't be so quick to leave his comrades behind, however his study as a devoted spirit initiator took focus and he had to finish this as all costs. Coming back to his allies would be for a later time...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Specifically, on the roof of that building, surprise round, taking damage
    Also figuring out which maneuvers I have granted for a total of 4
    1: (1d6)[1] IRON HEART SUUURGE!
    2: (1d6)[3] Elder Mountain Hammer
    3: (1d6)[1] Defensive Rebuke (Repeat)
    4: (1d6)[5] Radiant Charge (Repeat)
    Repeat1: (1d6)[5]
    Repeat2: (1d6)[2]

As he prepares to get launched, Claidheamh takes the form of a troll. While he may not be particularly pleasing to view, he will be able to further outlive his foes (Casting trollshape, PHB2). (Further actions pending on maneuvers) While in the air, Claidheamh will use minor shapeshift (CM, +10 temp HP) and try to use Elder Mountain Hammer on the roof of the building when he falls, also activating stone power (-5 to-hit, +10 temp HP). By the time he lands, Claidheamh should have 50 temporary HP.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2018-02-13 at 01:23 AM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The Troll-shaped spellsword shoots through the air with such speed that the quasit and warriors upon the wall have no time to react and no opportunity to respond, not that any of them really have a response prepared for any other biped shooting through the air with speed borrowed from heavy artillery. This makes your sudden stop, mere feet from your goal, all the more shocking: A thin, translucent barrier, exceptionally similar to the one preventing the army outside from attacking, curls protectively around building you aimed yourself at.

Now that you are no longer in motion there is little stopping the many fiends nearby from responding. The Quasit above are hesitant, rightfully so considering the speed you just passed at, but the half-dozen Succubi who had been amusing themselves with the bodies and/or souls of pitiful looking Half Fiends in the bailey of the fort consider you a very interesting diversion.

"Is that a Paladin? Ooh, I've wanted one of those for the longest!"
    "I bet I can make it scream loudest!"
    "I wonder what he tastes like?"
    "I'm the oldest, so let me have him first! I'll leave some scraps, I promise!"

And several more...colorful exclamations fill the air. With your approach you fortunately have a moment to spare, even if your body was jarred a bit by the abrupt stop; this is probably the only reason they haven't used their magic on you, but this advantage probably wont last for much longer.

Around you many, many Half Fiends watch with interest. The Lesser fiends lose nothing if you happen to kill off a few Succubi before being taken down, and with fewer succubi remaining the other fiends will have to endure fewer indignities. You actually hear several Half-Fiends complain that "Even if he kills all of them, there are just so many of those filthy..." with the rest being less than polite, though entirely accurate, descriptions of the demonesses.

Show

Claidheamh Initiative: (1d20-1)[15]
    Vs
    Average of Team Succubi initiatives: 12
    (1d20+3)[20]
    (1d20+3)[10]
    (1d20+3)[18]
    (1d20+1)[10]
    (1d20+1)[12]
    (1d20+1)[2]
    ---
    You get a surprise round, then you go first.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2018-02-14 at 04:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Fall Damage: (5d6)[15] (swift action minor shapeshift afterwards)
    "Claidheamh-Mor the THIRD! shall not be stopped by such -" he says, blinking out of sight "Fiends!" reappearing on the other side of the barrier. ((Casting Dimension Door in surprise round))
    "It appears that you all need to feel the wrath of pe- No. Not pelor, you need to feel the wrath of MY FAILED RETIREMENT! Nothing makes me angrier than somebody stealing off my prime living space! RAAA!"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Expending Radiant Charge on the nearest Succubi, Leading the Charge Stance: (1d20+17)[18] (1d6+18)[19] Weapon/Stance + (1d6)[5] Cold + (6d6)[16] Maneuver. If hit, DR 10/- for next turn.

Maneuvers granted:
    1: IRON HEART SUUURGE!
    2: Elder Mountain Hammer
    3: Defensive Rebuke
    4: Radiant Charge

Granting one more from the following list:
    1) Revitalizing Strike
    2) Divine Surge
    Rolling: (1d2)[1]

35 Temp. HP left.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2018-02-14 at 02:05 PM.
    Show

Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Battlemap

Your attack falls short of the succubus by less than an inch, the aura just barely passing over her skin without harming her; even as she leans just slightly out of the way of your attack the succubus smiles coquettishly at you and whispers: "Darling there is no need to bring that big, bright meany into our conversation. Please put down your weapon. I'm sure we can come to an understanding without violence.

The magic in her words is calm and inviting; it would be easy to lose yourself to that alone, but the other succubi quickly chime in. "Yes, put down your weapon. You wouldn't want to scare us, would you?" "Put down your weapon, Darling." "If you would be so kind as to put your weapon away..." "Flex for me!!" "Blow me a kiss!"

Their stares and words are deeply objectifying; it is a miracle they are organized enough to mostly request you disarm yourself.

Show
    Please make 6 will saves DC 21 vs Suggestion, a Mind-Affecting Enchantment. The requests are Underlined above.
    1-Drop your weapon.
    2-Drop your weapon.
    3-Drop your weapon.
    4-Sheath your weapon.
    5-Flex
    6-Blow a kiss.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

(See: OOC)

"I guess I have no choice, I never needed it anyways" Claidheamh said, dropping his greataxe, flexing his muscles for the devils, despite his horrid trollish form.

Jumping down from the building, he flew over to the gatehouse, rushing the gate to open it for his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Minor Shapeshift
    Move/Standard: Charging from O26 to under O30 to attack the gate with elder mountain hammer. Atk: (1d20+17)[30] Weapon: (1d6+8)[9] EMH: (6d6)[21]

Maneuvers granted:
    1: IRON HEART SUUURGE!
    2: Elder Mountain Hammer
    3: Defensive Rebuke
    4: Radiant Charge
    5: Revitalizing Strike
    6: Divine Surge

35 Temp. HP left.
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2018-02-15 at 11:09 PM.
    Show