For all I desire is to feel you,
    For all I desire is to.

Is to.

Be whats left.

OPEN AND RESPOND TO YOUR EVENT:

Theme Music

Spoiler: Lillinara Brightstone
    Show
    The voice echoes faintly away, dispersing like smoke from some dying ember. Eyes snapping open you see the stormy sky above, you feel ... moss under your hands, a root supporting your head, but above all you hearing a whining, howling wind screeching about you. Flashes of lighting leap from clud to cloud as you sit up and gaze about as the disaster that was once your treasure shop. All those years wasted, all that time you toiled night and day, cutting, bargaining, selling to both merchant and neighbors gone. Simply gone. You can feel your heart pattering along, slowly beating faster,

and faster,

and faster,

and faster.

That is till you looked at your rotting workbench and your heart, for just a moment, stopped.

On the floor rested a your traveling pack you often worn while directly dealing with miners who had acquired some small pieces they believed you would be interested in. Resting atop your perfectly preserved pack was a sealed pearly white envelop; sealed with black wax and black silk ribbon looped through it. Standing up you notice three things. Little items of superb craftsmanship that did not seem to fit in this twisted and strange place that you once called home, but at the same time felt more apart of something familiar, something forgotten.

Furthest away from you, on the far right hand side, sat a frog carved from ebony, its tongue lolled out of its mouth and a mass of flies; shaped from small chunks of garnet wrapped with silver wire, sitting on its back.

It the center a bronze brazier was lit, its flame green, yet what was most strange about it was nothing was fueling it. It simply floated above the metal dish crackling away. Blinking you crane your neck ever so slightly closer and notice that every shadow within a hands length leaned towards it ... not away ...

On the left, a monstrous looking skull, several horns spring from odd angles at its temples, shallow reliefs of some hulking creature cover every inch of its surface, and a crack running from its bottom jaw towards its left shows a space so black that no light can pierce it.

It wobbles about, chain clinking and glares up at you with translucent, catlike eyes.

Walking to the far side of the room you reach out with your foot and drag the pack towards you, envelop still on top. Setting the paper to the side you look into the pack and see everything you had stored away ... the night before ...

Throwing it on you back you reach down and pick up the envelop and hesitatingly

Open it.

Spoiler: The Letter.
    Show

Pick one.

Or.

Don't.

Spoiler: Sheeba of the Elk Clan
    Show
    Groggily you awaken with your bleary vision and rancid breath. Some strange tune with no rythem ringing and fading away in your ears. Mug still in one hand, you go to lift it to your mouth as it crumbles away. Shocked you go to stand but stumbled back as your stool shatters under your weight, leaving you in a cloud of dust. It is then it your swiftly waking mind that somehow that parts of the roof has wandered away in the night. Bring your arms out of the

Grass.

Quickly you roll forward grabing the most strudy looking bit of shatter stool in one hand you gaze about the wreck of a tavern. The window the keeper had been so pround of was shattered, the chimmeny stack fallen, leaving a rather large hole in the wall. Through which you see a storm like no other. The sky seemed to be roiling, each cloud like some worm constantly surging into its fellows, pushed about by a wind born from a Bashees breath. Using the flashes of lighting to guide you, you walk about the room quietly looking for anyone else.

Crrraacckk

Spinning about you throw you piece of stool at ...

at ...

A floating rat with a a broken bit of walnut in its paws.

Your wooded projectile flying swiftly, continued flying swiftly through the creature, and passed through it. Thudding against a vine covered wall it turned its empty sockets towards you. Shaking its head at you, it huffed, tossed the nut behind it, and sunk into the flooring. Churling at you in mock disappointment. Leaving noghting but its head above the ground, it used its arms to brush away the refuse of leaves and bits of wood on the floor. Once it cleared a space about the size of a plate it nodded its head and vanished.

No ripples, no clound of smoke, it simple wasn't there. It had been like if you had blinked, yet your eyes had been so wide for so long your feel they had skipped right past watering to now feeling rather dried out. Rubbing them with both your hand you look up and stare. Stare at the space that now trembled, small bits of dirt and rock slightly hopping about as the wind howled ever louder.

As you stared at the bit of earth in whihc the thing had disapeared, a message slowly scrawls itself ... In your clans native dialect:

"The way by which you leave is the way you shall be left."

Spoiler: Pick One
    Show

• Door way
    • Hole in the fireplace wall
    • Window
    • Backdoor that is bearly hanging on to its frame

Spoiler: Evelynn Valentine
    Show
    You know your're asleep. You have to be asleep. Just cause you can feel the cool stone beneath your feet, hear the wind howling, some voice whispering in your ear. It seems to worms it way deeper and deeper into your skull, echoing ever louder, as it keeps

REPEATING,

AND REPEATING,

AND REPEATING,

AND REPEATING,

AND REPEATING.

Till you felt the tug upon your tunic, a touch that you had never again felt to feel. Looking down you see ... her.

Alive.

But so quiet, even with steams of tears falling down her face, with only the hitch in her breath as she held back sobs. Turning around with her hand still upon your shirt she tugs at you to follow. Taking you down the stairs you find yourself unable to talk, unable to move anything but your legs as you steadily fallow your little sister. As you pass into the main hall which served as your fathers workspace and place for court you see three figures blocking your exit.

Center of the door was your father in the finest of his garbs, bastard sword drawn yet held limply in his hand, each inch of him dripping with some black ichor for thousands of small cuts about his body; he slowly walks towards you. His neck draped back you can feel him staring at you sister with only the whites of his eyes showing. He begins to hasten his pace, each stride become longer than the last, a shrill squeal escaping his drenched, dripping, throat.

To the left of him and at a walk, was dear Moonlight, rotting, bits of bones showing and strips of flesh falling form her hide, a massive slit from her snout to her from of her chest and neck seems to dissect her. Her once silvery coat now almost as pale as the bones exposed along her neck. each vertebrae of her spine seeming to glow, as if each bore the flame of a of some witch-light. Shaking her head she begins to work he way up to a trot, a canter, a gallop. You father somehow actually outpacing her as his legs seemed to stretch to impossible lengths.

Yet to your right you could see nothing, yet you could feel a dread reaching just as deep into your soul equal to the terror of your mind at seeing so much of you love twisted into these .. things. Another whisper in your head so unlike the other rings through your ear yet to indistinct to be ever truley understand. All you know it is the invisible thing that said it.

Knowing that you could never stop all of them you are left with a choice.

Spoiler: Which One, Which way?
    Show
    Heres what you can attempt. Dont brother rolling, just describe to me in much detail as you can what you try to do befor the things are upon you. Below are the options of what you can try in do:

• Attack and try to stop you father
    • Try to stop moon light
    • try to stop the invisible terror
    • Try to turn and run, dragging your sister along
    • throw yourself atop your sister
    • abandon your sister and run

Just note you have all your equipment on you.

Last edited by InkisRatticus; 2018-02-19 at 03:37 PM.
    This is Foxglove:

DM - Recruiting for From Buried Towers to Wings on High (3.5 e6, Kobolds, Quest to become Dragons)

Spoiler: My Games:
    Show

DM - Horrors, Pestilence, and Death OoC / IC
    Player - Reset, Reboot, And Try Again IC / OoC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Horrors, Pestilence, and Death - IC

Sheeba of the Elk Clan

Sheeba pressed the heels of her hands against her face, rubbing her eyes once more. Had the rat actually been there, or was she going mad? She looked up at the now alien sky, with its mass of roiling, shifting clouds. Yes. I think you've finally managed to drink yourself mad, Sheeba, she thought to herself. Sheeba stood still for a few more moments, staring up into the sky. Finally, she lowered her gaze and settled her hands on her hips. The last month was a haze of too much drink. She remembered arriving in the village, but when she tried to think of why, or what she had been doing before, or where she came from, the thoughts dissipated into strands of nothingness. She shook her head, and decided to think about it later.

"Well, mad or no, I may as well see if I'm the only one still around. Perhaps they'll have answers." Sheeba didn't sound hopeful. Glancing about the ruins of the tavern, she chose a direction and strode out into the village through the large hole where the chimney had been. Once out, she glanced around quickly for any sign of others stirring about.
    Last edited by Woggle; 2018-02-18 at 09:56 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lillinara Brightstone
    Spoiler: Lillinara's Choice
    Show

I... what a strange dream...
    Opening her eyes to a scene of ruin, and feeling moss beneath her fingers, Lillinara pales, even as she looks around, taking in the ruined remains of her workshop.
    No... no... I've got to be dreaming... it can't all be gone... I worked hard, and that piece for Shandra's wedding, and... I've got to be dreaming...
    Her heart racing, she pinches herself, to try and wake up.
    It hurts.
    But the ruined surroundings remain.
    Her heart's pace increases further, and her vision begins to tunnel.
    No... it's... it's real. This... this is happening. I... everything I did... gone, in a moment. Or several. And I've got to calm down.
    She shuts her eyes, and breathes, trying to control her breathing, to calm her heart. Moments pass, and a much calmer Lillinara opens her eyes once more, and looks around, this time, trying to not panic.
    Ok, so this is like an adventure? But those stories... Ok, they always seem to keep calm, and everything works out for them in the end, and everything they need is to hand, but these things... the dead frog, being eaten by the flies... the poor thing. Those flames... green? And the shadows? Eerie. And that skull... Is it... is it looking at me?
    Her heart starts to race again, and she closes her eyes again.
    Breathe, Lilly, just breathe. It's going to be ok. You're going to get through this.
    Opening her eyes again, she looks at the skull again.
    Nope, definitely still creepy. But my pack... And is that... a letter?
    Almost without thinking about it, she finds herself near her pack, and she takes the letter, and reads it.
    Pick one, or Don't? That's... But whomever wrote the letter left my pack... so they're helping me? Maybe?
    Putting the letter down, she opens her pack, and goes through it.
    Bedding, water, my dagger and club, some gold, my tools? But I was using those? And... no food. So I can't stay here. And the letter... if the person is helping me, they put picking one first? I... No. In the tales, the hero is always decisive, so, I need to pick. And all I have to go by is looks, so...
    She walks over to the frog, and walks around it, being careful not to touch it.
    Nope... still creepy. And still dead. Maybe... maybe it isn't the frog, but the flies? Gems are usually used to highlight things in larger works, so... flies? But no, I don't think so.
    Moving on, she walks towards the bronze brazier, and she extends her hand towards it.
    It's... warm, but the shadows... they're leaning towards it? But it's casting light? Definitely magical, and whatever did this is magical, so maybe there's a link? But warmth is definitely a good thing? The shadows are a little worrisome...
    She walks around it, once more studying it from every angle, but she after she finishes, she walks away, towards the skull hanging from the ceiling.
    Has... has that thing been looking at me the whole time? And... it doesn't look happy. And that blackness, so dark that even black would be bright compared to it... No. I don't think so. Which leaves me with the brazier.
    Once more, she walks around the object, carefully examining it, but she shakes her head, before heading back to the burning brazier.
    "I... I think this is the right one."
    Despite herself, she can't quite manage to conceal the waver in her soft voice.
    Not wanting to thing herself out of it, she reaches out, and touches the brazier, careful to avoid the flames.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Evelynn Valentine

I smile when i see my sister and cant help but want to hug her, but she seems to be wanting to take me somewhere and i follow her, I trust my sister, shes never lead me astray before. Following her down stairs I see the horror before me, first i notice my father as hes infront, "Father! What happened! No ... this is a dream! Father!" Its then that i notice my beloved horse, "Oh no moonlight ... no ... this is just a terrible nightmare, no ... my pony ... no .. you cant .. " I see the open space but ... theres terror there ... i dont know what it is ... no .. we have to go , we have to ... "Come sister .. we have to run .." I say grabbing her and pulling her back the way we came, looking for a door i can put between us.
    Last edited by Ilena; 2018-02-20 at 04:08 AM.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prologue - Choices, Decisions, and Consequences

OPEN AND RESPOND TO YOUR EVENT:

Show

Walking past the ruined tabes and the etched message, you head through the gap in the wall. Feeling the wind beat against your face; small freezing drops of rain pelting every square inch of your exposed skin, and the low thunder growling in the distance you begin to have a sinking feeling. A literal sinking feeling. As you step in the rubble and damp ash your leg sinks quickly to your knee. Your hand attempt to catch yourself leads on some of the remaining masonry, it strangely gives and wraps itself about your limb. As your entire body sinks into the earth and the smell of rancid meat fills your nostrils, a small voice; like that of a breeze, wriggles through your ears from the air about you.

"An odd way you have chosen, but it is only right a dunk wouldn't know how to use a door. Perhaps, Vestir has taken a liking to you. "

Show

As your hand wraps the strange vessel, the sickly green flames perished leaving a small gathering of embers tumbling about the bottom. From each of the dozen pieces a crack a ppeared and a miniture maw opened. Small flickers of transparent emerald flames and sparks lept from each of their mouths as each began to jump up and down in the brazier, their faces turned towards you. One piece larger than the rest with what looked like a single eye imprinted onto the charred pieces forehead lepted out onto the now empty table and looking towards. Its' large gash of a mouth spreads wide, like a jagged wound, with bits of fire flaring from the openings of its rotund body. A crackly child like voice loudly proclaims.

"Hello Mother."

Show

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Your dainty sister screamed turning about and charged your father. Her form growing wider, her frame stretching wider, her voice becoming more shrill and terrifying with each passing second.

"YOU WILL NOT HAVE HER. NOT YOU FATHER WITH ALL YOUR DOTING. NOT YOU MOTHER, ABANDONING US, DESERTING US, FORGETTING US."

Her bones split through her skin and was casted aside living a mutated skeleton with thorns whirling about her body. A signle spiral ebnony horn split her skull while her jaw split in two was held up but apart by the mass of rotten plant life now roiling throughout her bright white bones. A red flower blossomed from her chest right above where her heart should rest, droplets of what you only presume to be blood drip from its petals, the smell of iron retching through your nose.

Grabbing the head of the dashing marrcarbe thing that is your father, she whipped her arm back, causing his body to straighten out like a piece of taut rope before flinging him forward. Straight through the rotting gate. Snapping her left, clawed, monstrous appendage into the dark you hear feel hatred. Pure and utter disgust radiant from a space in the air that is now ever so slightly dimmer than the rest. Each wicked finger osculating , as your sister rose her empty hand to her transformed visage.

"I WILL NEVER AGAIN LET YOU CONTROL ME"
    a black light edged in white began to flicker about the invisible things form, shrinking and pulsing in tune with the drips of scarlet ichor that began to seeps from between the mass of vines that now constituted the majority of your sisters body. Bringing her right hand up high into the air she screamed in a voice you will never forget.

WE WILL BE FREE!"

Then there was moonlight, neatly steeping about your enraged sister, the mare rushed towards your stunned formed. Its head splitting apart to the base of its neck. Instead of blood and gore, you see a muscled gap with rib like bones stretching up both of its sides. You felt no malicious intent but a fear of what would happen once it touched you.

Last edited by InkisRatticus; 2018-02-27 at 12:41 AM.
    This is Foxglove:

DM - Recruiting for From Buried Towers to Wings on High (3.5 e6, Kobolds, Quest to become Dragons)

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I stop and turn to look at this ... this ... insanity ... this terrible nightmare ... theres no way this could be real , its a terrible nightmare. I watch my sister twist into ... something ... horrific .. and then see her attack dad ... but ... mom too? I guess? I ... i dont remember mom ... why dont i remember her? Its like ... she never existed ... but sis remembers her .. and im older ... so ... why dont i remember? Its only at the last moment that she sees moonlight coming towards her, her face splitting open ... and Evelynn just lets out a scream, its horrific ... her poor horse ... her mind is stunned by all this, its ... its insane ... and her last thought before moonlight touches her is ... i have to wake up.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Sheeba of the Elk Clan

Sheeba shrugs her cloak a little closer about her as she steps out into the driving wind and rain. Not paying much attention to where she's stepping, her foot sinks into ash and mud. She reaches out to brace herself, and then watches in growing horror as her hands, followed by her arms, sink into the stone as if it were molasses. Her heart begins to pound in her chest, and she struggles vainly to free herself, but to no avail. As she sinks steadily downward, she cries out: "Help! HELP ME!"

As Sheeba is about to be completely swallowed up in the earth, she hears a voice nearby and struggles helplessly to turn in its direction; a moment later she sinks entirely beneath the rubble, her mouth and nose filled with a sickly, disgustingly sweet smell. She tries desperately to scream, "Release me! Let me go! What do you want from me!?," but can't tell if she actually produces any sound. Driven by the primal urge to survive at any cost, Sheeba struggles with all her might to make her back to the surface.
    Last edited by Woggle; 2018-02-27 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added description of Sheeba's strength check
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

GreenSorcererElf

Lillinara Brightstone

Jumping back from the abrupt collapse of the flames, Lilly's pale eyes go wide as the embers start to animate, and turn towards her. The disappearance of the other objects hardly registers as one of the creatures speaks.
    "Hello? You can talk?"
    Her voice is crackly, and barely understandable as the shock resonates within her.
    I... what is... I...
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-02-27 at 04:03 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Prologue - The End Result

OPEN AND RESPOND TO YOUR EVENT.

Show
    Moonlight, from a gallop, to a canter, to a walk, slowly approaches you. Blackness begins to envelop your vision and the cries and screams of your sister fade slowly from you ears as the darkness blinds you. In that moment you feel the odd touch of your precious mount upon your legs.

... hours ... days ... weeks ... years ... later
    You cannot understand how long you lay resting upon the earth, your sister now brushing your hair with a old comb of hers. You haven't seen that little deer horn comb for close to a decade. Smiling as you look up into her eyes you notice the oddest sensation when you try to move your legs.

You have four of them ...

And you remember your sister is a monster ...

And not dead ...

You think ...

Then you hear a vice as sweet and cold as the snow waters of spring.

"Oh, how I have missed you my little human."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Please excuse multitude of hidden references from some of my favorite books. Congrats, you have just gain a new ability. Please add it to you ability section an add any changes it causes to your sheet/profile.

Moonlights Devotion
    • Type Augmented Monstrous Humanoid
    • Size Large - Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
    • Move 50ft
    • +3 str, +2 con, +10hp
    • Darkvision 60ft
    • 2 Hoof Attacks 1d6+1/2 str 20x2.
    • May reroll failed will saves
    • Vulnerable (double damage) to positive energy. Is healed by negative energy but only half of the "damage" is used to heal, the rest dissipates.
    • Unintelligent undead will not attack you unless ordered or attacked. Intelligent undead start with 1 stage better starting attitude towards you.
    • Hidden Thing

Show
    " I don't want anything, Vestir apparently missed you, as well as the rest of the tavern. These poor souls have not had company since they were born here."

Listening to the voice, you struggle to rip yourself away from the demented structure you manage to tumble backwards and become submerged into the earth. Deeper and deeper you fall, you feel strange hands grasp at you clothes and flesh, some pass through your skin leaving a chill.

Others ...

Caress you, kiss you, enter you as a bevy of voices begin to fill your mind.

A woman's voice ... the old bakers spoke first.
    "We shouldn't do this to the poor thing, he just was pulled over and woke up. If we do this she won't ever to be able to hear us again."

"If we don't do this we will fade, fully obliterated from existences. Sure t may take an eternity but when would we ever again get this chance. Above all else she will need us whether she likes it or not. We should be grateful she didn't go through the back door where that THING is. Whatever gods remain are the only ones who would know what IT would have done!"
    Some old fellow responded, grumbling far louder than the bakers little speech.

A babble of others could be heard discussing the two points. Many of them you can remember from your drunken days at the inn. The smiths apprentice rattling along about toothy shadows. Maid Margaret on about the forgotten wind. Then there was the good old innkeeper herself, a mountain of a women as far as you could remember roaring above the rest.

"Enough, we need to vote on this now before she dies. No air people means no bloody breathing. NOW at the count of on three cast your damned vote."

A sudden silence enshrouds you as you feel the cool earth seemingly tighten itself about you.

"THREE"

A smatterings of Ayes and nays rang out and quickly grew as the others realized that their self elected leader did not bother to count. Yet still of the few nays you could hear there were far more of the defiant ayes.

"Let it be done"

You open your eyes the moment you feel the dim sunlight touch your face and gasp for breath. Looking about you find that you are now sitting in front of the inn in the midst of the dirt road that ran throughout the town. Small black lines now cover your body, spriling about every visible inch of your skin. Blinking you feel something odd with your eyes. Reaching up, your lids closed you push gently down on them. You hand sunk and as you pushed and your fingers went past your lids your realized rather suddenly.

They were gone.

Show
    I apologies I could not think of a good way to descirbe your missing eyes .... In either case ....

Congrats, you have just gain a new ability. Please add it to you ability section an add any changes it causes to your sheet/profile.

Runic Respite
    • Type Augmented Planar Humaniod
    • +2 Wis , +2 Str, +5hp
    • True sight 30ft
    • You may make a will check to know if someone is lying to you as a action.
    • You are immune to enchantments, possession, and illusions.
    • You an anything you wield as a weapon (armor) is to be treated like Cold Iron.
    • At Will - You may use mage hand, ghost sound, and unseen servant. Only one of this can be active at one time.
    • Ghost, Specters, Elementals, and anything similar cannot interact with you beyond talking.
    • You are HATED by the fey.
    • Hidden Thing

Show
    "Don't worry mother we will explain everything in a moment" It said as it lept towards you. Stumbling back while trying to swat it away with your hands you begin to feel a warmth upon your hand.

"Stay still please, we don't want you to step o anyone"

Looking first at you hand where the creature seem to have meld with your skin, its mouth still visible and going on about the fun you were going to have,
    you look down. There was the brazier melting into a pool of liquid metal, the smell of burnt earth and wood filling the air. About it the little embers were leaping about exploring the room and everything in it. Each time they touched down something would become inflamed. Yet not one went to your bag.

"Hurry all, I think this may be a little too much for her. Chop, Chop."

It was at this moment you knew ...

You never did get to finish that thought as the small horde of giggling sparks pounce on you.

"I think for the moment its best you sleep while we help you. Nothing will be able to harm you, nothing will be ever allowed to take you away, now we can finally thank you."

Your eyes grow heavy as a the warmth spreads across your body, for while you have never felt so scared in your life, you have never felt such care.

Misplaced as it may be ...

perhaps not...

perhaps ...

You waken a while later, feeling perhaps a bubbling displaced happiness, something you have not felt since waking up. As secure as the first stone you have ever inlayed, as well adjusted to this odd place as the last ring you fitted to farmers wife Lerelda. Glowing as bright as the the sun up the final polish of the pretty little copper pendant that you just may keep for yourself if you could ever find the thing is the heap of a house.

... Glowing ...

The place was lit bright ... by you ...

Stumbling over to a the now rather scorched desk, you yank open drawers till you find a your hand mirror. Though the wood frame had long crumbled away the reflective surface was simply smudge and dusty. Reaching out with your clawed hand ...

Closing your ears you grasp the mirror and rub it against your garb, cleaning most of the grime off. Holding it in front of you, you look.

You body is a flickering mass of stone and flame, your eyes are flames, your hair is flames, YOUR HORNS ... your horns are black and twisted spires, curled back, like that of a ram. Opening your mouth, you see your teeth are like miniature daggers of obsidian and as you stretch you cloven legs you see your tail. Long and and wirey, like that of a bull, a puff of flame burns at its tip.

"Your welcome Mother."
    A hundred voices cried, small maws opening across your body.

A little nagging through crosses your mind, why haven't my clothes burned off

Show
    I had so many plans depending on what you picked (or didn't), but I think I rather this little idea. so without further ado. Congrats, you have just gain a new ability. Please add it to you ability section an add any changes it causes to your sheet/profile.

Greeds Memory
    • Type Augmented Demonic Humanoid
    • +2 Cha, +1 Str, +2 Dex +5 HP
    • You give off light as a torch but may reduce this as a full action to nothing for a number of hours equal to your character level.
    • When you touch someone you know whatever they desire.
    • you may use arcane eye as the spell once a day as a full action but it is not invisible (unless it is in a fire), it has a move speed of 50ft, and has a move silently and hide bonus of +10 and 1hp.
    • You may use Produce Flame and Light as a standard action, at will.
    • You are immune to fire and fire damage and do not breath.
    • You do not to eat, drink, or sleep.
    • It is difficult for you to break your word. Any attempts to do so result with you become nastuated for 1d6 rounds +1 for each previous attempt.
    • Hidden Thing

Last edited by InkisRatticus; 2018-02-27 at 09:49 PM.
    This is Foxglove:

Show

10. - Top - End - #10

GreenSorcererElf

Lillinara Brightstone

Her eyes locked on the mirror, Lilly just stares at it for several minutes, her mind not yet functioning.

After she starts to recover, she reaches up and touches her horns, before she touches her tail?
    Definitely real.
    I... this is real. Oh gods, this is real. What... what have I become? Focus. Need to focus. You're not human now. Maybe I can get my body back in the future? But not now. I... at least I'm still me, sort of? Just... more black, and flamey? Ok, this is reality. What there is of it.

She stands, doing her best to push the screaming part of her to the side, and tries walking back and forth across the room.
    After about fifteen minutes of this, she stops falling over, and is generally ready to move.
    With that storm coming in, I'm going to need to get to shelter. And figure out what's going on. Maybe this is just a nightmare?
    Her balance working, she retrieves her pack, moving carefully so her talons don't risk slicing it, and puts it on, hoping that whatever kept her from burning her clothing would also protect her pack.
    With a final look around her former home, she steps out the front door, and speaks softly to herself, caught between hoping the tiny embers could still talk, and dreading that they can.
    "Do you know what's happening? How I came to be here?"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2018-02-28 at 06:45 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #11

Sheeba of the Elk Clan

Sheeba coughs and draws in deep lungfuls of air as she slowly stands up. The words of the spirits - were they spirits? - who had just recently surrounded her spun through her mind in a churning jumble. She couldn't make much sense of what they had said, but she seemed to have gained some knowledge of spirits and illusion in the process. It reminded Sheeba a little of communing with her ancestors when she was younger, but these voices had been much clearer, forceful... and violent. She blinks in the light, and raises her hands to rub at her eyes, only to find them missing.

What!? ...How? Gods, what has happened? Sheeba desperately fights off a growing panic that rushes up her body as she struggles to reconcile the transformation that has befallen her. I... I can still see. That's something. I'm still alive, right? I think I am. She glances down at her hands, noticing the lattice-like black lines that criss-cross her skin. She pulls up her sleeves, confirming that they continue over the rest of her body. Not knowing what to make of any of this, she stands and stares at her hands for several long, silent moments. Finally, she looks up, muttering "Ancestors, guide me." Takin a few more deep breaths, she takes stock of her surroundings. Was she alone?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Evelynn Valentine

I wake up slowly, looking up at my sister, now human again ... ish ... what? Wow that was a nightmare .... but .. why am i on the ground? Why not my bed? I go to sit up a little groaning when i feel ... more of me ... what? What the hell !? I burst out saying, "WHat ... what is .. this .. what the hell happened to me ... no .. no no no no no ... Sister ... why .. why am i attached to moonlight ... what is going on ... omg ... no this ... this has to be a nightmare ... " I try to get to my feet but .. 4 legs are harder to control then 2 and i stumble and fall over myself .. "No ... moonlight ... what .. no .. please no ..."
    Last edited by Ilena; 2018-02-28 at 04:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show