New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

Giles encounters the child half-way out of the hole in the back of the shack, and is free to do as he likes.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will sneer and boot the child in the chest, launching him back into the hovel.

"You betrayed me, rat. Your lies nearly cost my Lady her prize, and as such," Giles will advance on the boy slowly, threateningly, "You. Will. Die."
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

3. - Top - End - #273

Silently, but with eyes as wide as dinner plates, the boy tries to scramble away. (provoking AoO...)
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles lunged forward, launching his weight forward on one foot, putting force behind the extent of his arm, sending the longsword plunging towards to prone child's chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that it should really make a ton of difference, but prone targets count as flat footed, and thus get SNAEK ATTAKCD for great justice.

Attack roll: (1d20+15)[22]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[12] + (3d6)[4]

5. - Top - End - #275

The boy's eyes grow yet wider, shortly before the life leaves them.

Spoiler
    Show
    3d6 SneakAttack, and it only did 4 damage, haha.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Sorry for the slight delay in posting. Things have been hectic lately. I should be back to my former self in a week or so. Don't feel you have to wait for me.

For her part... Asharra is going to keep to the guise of Evelyn, and try to get her hands on a scroll of identify. Which she will use on Mr. Pale's little trinket. She's not the type to be denied... so if she can't get one the legal way... she WILL make nasty plans for the unfortunate person who possesses said scrolls and is unwilling to sell.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

7. - Top - End - #277

@ Asharra

It's a big city. DMG Market Price. .
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice! I shall purchase one, all legit, and in the comforts of my own home... when Giles is around to stop me, if I start freaking out... I shall cast identify on that thing and see what it does and how to use it.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Still sneering, Giles savagely stomps on the child's mouth. A wet crack is the only sound of protest as Giles' boot crashes down, and with a simple motion, he slips his sword's blade into the mouth that can no longer close in protest, resting it under the tongue. With a grunt, he shoved the blade down, severing the newly made corpse's tongue. Bending down, he wipes his blade across the boy's belly, then plucks the tongue from the pulverized mouth after sheathing his sword. Casting about, he tears the leg off one side of the boy's trousers, and after securely wrapping the tongue into a bundle, he placed it into the outermost pocket of his satchel, and stepped out of the shack via the back curtain as before, idly fingering a smokestick as he paused to see if he heard any incoming resistance.

...or pesky fools with too much curiousity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check: (1d20+8)[16]
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2007-10-11 at 06:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

@ Giles

A familiar sack catches Giles eye. It's his money purse, filled with the gold he had given to this traitorous wretch earlier that day.

Even more interesting is the sheaf of paper that the bag was lying on. It had a seal that Giles knew well. Very well. The Amaros family seal was on a letter that this whelp had.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles froze, almost mechanically shoving both the letter and the sack of coins into his satchel's main pocket, the letter especially far away from the bundle in the front, just in case. He casts his gaze about the room, fury building within him. Grabbing the boy's body, he drags it across the floor, then hurls it onto the straw mattress of the bed, then with barely restrained movements, he grabbed two of the handful of candles that were lighting the hovel, and carefully applied them to the mattress, blowing gently to encourage a fire.

After ensuring that the wooden walls of the shack would go up, Giles moved out the back "door", smokestick in hand. It didn't matter if anyone saw him; his hood was up, and he had places to go.

Now.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Assuming he made it though the front gate.

Once inside the embassy Fidelis will find a quite hidden spot. And recasting the original Disguise person spell will change his image to that of a well dressed plump halfling. He seeks out a serving person and stops them. "I was told that my contact from Mechia would be here. Would you know where I could find him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise person spell.
    Disguise: (1d20+30)[49]

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

So... er... If Giles is off wherever... I'm casting Identify on that thing! A divinition device doesn't seem so dangerous. Unless of course, it connects my mind to an eldrich horror from beyond time! IEEEEE! Hastur!

Seriously though. Asharra is going to try to identify that thng using her brand new scroll of awesome!

14. - Top - End - #284

@ Fidelis

The guard glances at you, bored, and says in an equally banal tone "Papers?"

@ Asharra

The stone contains a map. For what, you're not sure, but it indicates a hidden valley in the mountains about a week's walk from Kayru. The map is magical in nature, but easy enough to decipher.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, apparently un-accosted, promptly made his way toward the meeting place where he knew Asharra would be. He kept to the shadows, moving as swiftly as death itself. All the while, the image of his discovery burned into his eyes.\

Count Amaros...

In silence, he stood near the entryway of... wherever... they were meeting. Hopefully, it was the room he had rented at the tavern for himself and Asharra.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis (Assuming I'm still in Boy form.

"Oh right." In his child form Fidelis took a step back. Reaching into his pouch he removed a small prism. "Leune." He says with a quick flick of his hands. The colors of His clothes skin and gear fly forward hitting the guard. Fidelis simply disapeers. Quickly moving out of the way he wonders to himself. Why do they always want bloody papers. Ah well As likely as not he would have been unsuccessful in finding a Mechian. Might as well head to that Inn. He would be early. But inns thrived on gossip.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step back followed by Blinding color surge followed by fleeing to the inn. The spell basically means will save of 18 to avoid blinding for one round and I'm invisible for eight rounds.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-10-16 at 04:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287

@ Fidelis

OOC: Gotcha about the spell. Sorry that adventure wasn't more fruitful.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

When Giles returns, Asharra is in her night-clothes, in the process of scrawling down the map that the gem contains on several sheets of parchment. She will not even turn as he enters the chamber. She will, however, let out a weary sigh.

Now where have you been, exactly? Stalking about at night while I do all the work of translating this? Asharra will say mockingly, her loose nightshirt hanging off her shoulders. She will turn to Giles with a faint smirk.

Come here, rub my neck, and tell me what is so important that you've been off so long tending to it... instead of me.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Since he would arrive at the inn well before the meeting time of that night Fidelis spends some time finding out about the latest gossip. Starting with the Barkeep. "Anything worth hearing?" He asks while purchasing an Ale. When he sees any of the group members he will go up to them. Or as the case might be follow them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Canceled the disguise person
    Gather info: (1d20+10)[23] Taking (1d4+1)[2] hours

20. - Top - End - #290

@ Fidelis

After a couple hours of useless blather, the following information finds your ear.

A new delegate has joined the Mechian delegation, according to most of the people. This wouldn't be nearly so interesting if said person wasn't eight feet tall and completely cowled in black robes.

The figure has never left the side of the current diplomat, Cristof Amaros, and has been seen whispering in his ear all day. Most of the people you talk to are very creeped out by this dark figure.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles stared quietly at Asharra from beside the doorway for a moment, the door having been closed and locked. Exacting vengeance had filled him with satisfaction, but the feeling had turned cold the moment he had found the letter. Before Asharra speaks, he begins to strip away his gear, piling it neatly next to the small chest by the wall for belongings. His bow and quiver already leaned there; next to it went his sword, and his shield. Everything else was deposited into the chest as Asharra began to speak, though the dagger remained strapped to his forearm, snug in its sheathe.

He stripped away his shirt and vest, leaving himself bare from the waist up, and silently he stepped up behind her, seated as she was at the small table. His hands, rough from a decade of warrior training followed by a decade of hard labor in prison, settled lightly on her slim shoulders; for Ashe, Giles gave the only gentleness he had left in him, when she wanted it.

It was the nature of their arrangement... she hungered for power, above her thirst for pleasures of the body and mind. Giles was her muscle; her guard by day... yet something undefinable by night.

"My informant betrayed us to Pale," Giles murmured as the tips of his thumbs began to press against Ashe's skin, slowly rubbing upward along either side of her spine as it climbed her neck to the base of her skull, "...I do not think I need explain any further."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lady" Ashe will crane her neck and let out a soft purr.

Well you didn't miss much. Martin Pale can have his stone... once I'm done copying the map it contains. Asharra will say with a wicked smile as she laughs softly to herself. This could merit looking into further, Giles. I don't know what this map leads to, but I am going to find out. And you are going to help me... Won't you?

Asharra will laugh, already knowing the answer to her question... and will lean back in her chair to look up at Giles.

But we can speak of it tomorrow... I have been working for some time. Right now, I would prefer... to relax...

What will follow is probably not terribly appropriate to be played out... so unless Giles has something to add... I'm all set to move ahead and deliver Martin his little stone.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am at your service, milady," is all Giles says in response... and then, the world blurs into the realm of fast forward, lest we get banned (or at least warned).

24. - Top - End - #294

@ Ashe & Giles..

Aaaaaand scene. Though I find it interesting that most people (myself included) had no problem reading Giles' murder of that child but don't want to read the sex. *Sigh*

Where to from here, folks?
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... this is a forum for kids too. I have no problem with in-game... let's say "stuff". For the sake of the forum, the monitors, and the poor, poor children who I'm sure have no trouble finding sexual things to read elsewhere if they really want... I fade to black.

In the morning, we're gathering our little gnome friend, (and Elril, if he's still alive and with us... Team Evil seems a bit... short) and going to give Pale his little gift. At least, that's my plan now that I have the maps that gem contains.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, for his part, once Asharra is asleep dreaming dreams that would leave our younger readers soiling their bedsheets, will go to the table and read the letter he found in the informant's shack.

27. - Top - End - #297

The letter reads

You will be well rewarded for keeping an eye on Giles for me. Take this letter to the gate guard at the Silver Court, and ask to see me, and you will be taken to my sitting room to report. Any attempt to warn Giles will result in your swift death.

The flowing handwriting is familiar to Giles, as is the signature.

Cristof Amaros.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will read the brief letter in silence, staring at it after he finishes with a building fury. His fingers grip at the edges of the letter, so tightly that his knuckles whiten and the paper begins to tear at the edges from the shear force of his fingers pressing against each other. His blood boils in his veins, a snarl building in his throat. In spite of his state of undress, the barbarian suddenly stands, tearing the paper as his hands parted violently. Gripping the table, he heaves it with a throaty cry of outrage as he sent the piece of furniture crashing unquietly against the wall, then the floor, turned over in his fury. Whirling, he snatched up the chair, and strode over to the chest, pausing only to collect the candle he had overturned onto the floor.

Relighting it, he set it on the chest after digging some tools from his pack. Fury burned in his eyes as he arranged a rag, some oil, and a fresh whetstone on the lid of the chest... he had saved this whetstone for a special occasion...

...and perhaps, that occasion had arrived. In silence, he drew out his sword, examining the blade in the flickering illumination of the candle, then laying it across his knees, he calmly applied oil to the stone's surface and the blade in thin amounts. The sound of his blade scraping quietly over the whetstone was the only sound he made further; he poured over a decade of bitterness and pain into his work, honing the edges of his sword, and then his dagger, with a passionate touch that not even Asharra had experienced.

Cristof Amaros was looking for him... no, he had found him... and so, he had found his death. Giles stared at the glittering blades of his weapons, examining his work in the candlelight... his rest would not be fulfilling... only necessary for what was to come.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Now isn't that an interesting find, thought Fidelis. He glanced towards his informant. "Interesting." Says Fidelis sliding across a gold piece. "They say the Mechian was at a killing." Fidelis slid the thought into the mans mind. Fool shouldn't have a clue that thought isn't his own, Fidelis thought to himself. Aloud he said. "Get yourself some beer and spread your knowledge with others." Rumors. Thought Fidelis. Small time, but it would do for now."

As the evening wore on Fidelis grew bored and tired of waiting for his companions. "Ah whatever. I'm probably best off not knowing what they are up to." Fidelis muttered. He climbed out of his seat and walked up to the inn keeper. Placing a platinum on the table he spoke to the man. A room if you would. If you see the Woman with the black clothes and her warrior. Send them up."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra will sit up with a start... magic crackling about her bare figure as Giles throws a tantrum. She will look about wildly... her hair tossing and her eyes scanning the dark room as she prepares to decend the mind of the guilty party into a level of hell that few could bear.... when she will see that the guilty party is, in fact... Giles. Still... she will not quite cease channeling her magics.

GILES! What in the name of the nine hells that I am about to send you to are you doing?!