New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

Giles pays the warning no heed; he is bereft of fear in that respect. The only thing he fears is that he will die before he has a chance to kill Cristof Amaros for the betrayal that made Giles the beast that he is. As he walked, his movements are calculated and precise, in perfect lock step with Asharra, his stride even matching her's. Every turn was accute, and every footfall he made made the floor tremble slightly beneath his muscular frame.

Giles rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck once he set foot outside; the bones popped and protested loudly, then with a soft sigh of comfort, he drew his hood up over his head. In silence, he slipped his arm through the straps on the back of his shield, and with every ounce of vigilance he could muster, he paid in depth attention to his surroundings as he followed Asharra to their destination.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"Wonder what this gem is for. By the sounds of things its not something his brother carries on him. But to have the sort of value that we would be hired for it. I would guess it's Magical" Fidelis pitched his vice so no one passing by would be able to pick up more then a few words at most. "Something magical that he does not carry on him. Fidelis troted along keeping pace with the others as best he could. Musing quietly.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Obviously, there is more to this than we are being told. Asharra will tell the gnome, looking down at him with a smirk. But how to find this out is another matter... Perhaps we should take a moment and... Well... What IS it you do little gnome? Was that you I heard inside my head?
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis grinned "Naturally. My skills relate to the use of the mind. Talking to people by thought. scanning their thoughts. Affecting my enemies minds. That sort of thing. As well as a few skills of illusion. Invisibility, false images and sounds. All of that. Fidelis gave a quick look over the group. "How about the rest of you? I gather that the lady is some sort of spell caster. Probably with skills in similar areas to me. And I gather the one hood is our muscle.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra will lean down close to Fidelis and slide one finger along his chin.

It would best for both of us if you stayed out of my mind, little man. She will say softly, You don't want to know the kinds of things that keep ME up at night.

She'll straighten back up with a smile and turn to Giles... Gliding one hand along his chest.

This is Giles... My... She'll pause for a moment with a smirk before continues, Let us just say, he is my companion. Oh, but he does not have my sense of humor... and he is very... very... good at killing. Aren't you Giles? Be a dear and introduce me to these... people. It's not proper for a lady to introduce herself.

She'll laugh softly at that, amused by her own words... and lean her back against him... stretching her arms up to his neck in a quite un-lady-like pose.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-09-01 at 01:31 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will tilt his head upward, the only outward acknowledgement he'll give of Asharra's touch, though discretely, his free hand leaves his sword to idly caress her hip.

"This is the Lady Asharra, and you would do well to treat her with the privacy and respect," the musclebound man grinned, his scar twisting with the expression, "that she deserves, no matter what her behavior might suggest. I, am Giles Merchand, and to those who have wronged me and those I call my ally, I am the hand of Death itself."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady Ashe, if you preffer. Giles always flatters me so. She will say with a smirk, So my little friend, you are a master of the mind... are you? Shall I take that to mean magic? Your kind has a long tradition of arcane talent.

She will turn to look to the well-dressed elf and the slightly porty human, making note of his constant nervous tics.

And what of you, my new friends? From your looks, I would guess you to be some sort of spell-caster, sir She will say to the human man, before turning to the handsome elf and licking her lips, And you... with such poise and bearing... a warrior? Of means perhaps? Your gear is quite fine for a man keeping company with cutthroats and ne'er-do-wells such as ourselves.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yes the arcane. And I wouldn't worry about your thoughts to much. I tend to give allies a greater measure of trust then I give most people. Might not be wise but it does lessen the chance of inner conflict. Fidelis glanced around causing his fashionable but serviceable chain mail to clink. His eyes locked on a random passerby. Time for some fun. He thought. He extended his mental talents and started whispering into the mind of the poor sap that had been chosen. His whispering gradually getting louder until the passerby got outside of one hundred yards. "Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gash the skin, skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red so sweet, sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams..." Fidelis chuckled quietly. He loved doing that.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-09-01 at 07:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"You need only fear me if you betray me," Giles rumbled darkly, hand still on Asharra's hip, "We should attempt to get the lay of our target's area, and decide what manner of attack would be the best," he murmured, head bent low that his words would reach only Asharra's ears, and possibly the gnome's, if he was feeling attentive.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nataraja shifts his stance to the right.

I agree with Giles on this. I can't smell the stench of decay yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Nataraja had stopped moving to walk he quickly sped up again to reach his fellows.
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep your secrets then. Asharra will say to Nataraja with a faint smirk, Let us go and look into this brother of his then, and the place he keeps. His friends... his family... There are so many ways to get what you want from a man. I'm sure we can find one.

The smile she'll get is downright disturbing.

OOC: I'm ready for the scouting out of this place if you all are. I think between the lot of us, we can come up with some VERY creative methods of gathering information. Any suggestions all?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hmm. I think our best information source and most likely the quickest is servants. Rich people tend to have them. The common folk know more of their masters then is helpful for said master. Fidelis lapsed into thought for a second. Shame I don't know enough to scry into his house. We have to consider to that the job is most likely best done when the guy who, from the sounds of things is pretty powerful, is busy. Fidelis paused again thinking carefully. We should consider the fact magic might not be overly useful. We know this guy has a powerful wizard for a friend. And possibly is a caster himself. Wards could well be in place. In which case disguise just might. Ashe here has the look of a wealthy noble. We have the stereotypical body guard. And the rest of us could do a passing job pretending to be servants. We could probably talk ourselves a fair way into his house." Fidelis went silent his attention again focused on the mental muttering. Switching targets as soon as one person left the range of his abilities. "Flesh so fine, so fine to tear, to gash the skin, It puts the lotion on the skin, skin to strip, to plait, so nice to plait the strips, so nice, so red the drops that fall; blood so red, so red so sweet, sweet screams, pretty screams, singing screams, scream your song, sing your screams... Is it safe?"

13. - Top - End - #43

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, as the DM, I'm now officially asking, "What are you going to do?" You don't have to answer right away, please discuss all you want, just letting you know the question is on the table.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

For all my fellow player-types!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty then... let's discuss this little trick. I think our best bet is to check the place out... WITHOUT using spells, if we can, in case Mr. Wizard has spells to mess with Scrying... and see if we can get our hands on someone with access to his place. Important people have all sorts of servants and the like... especially if he's taking a long absence. Once we've got the poor mook, I'm sure we can persuade him one way or another to give up his secrets! I'm open to other ideas though... anyone else got a plan?

Let us first find this place and look it over. Maybe more will reveal itself once we do.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"If necessary, I can observe the house from the streets, and report what I have seen to you after a short time." Giles cricked his neck, mentally noting that, for some reason Asharra's hair smelt of jasmine today, "Also, if it the risk is worthy, I can attempt to sneak into the place myself, though stealth is not my primary quality."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

No wizard worth the name will have so few wards on his home that you can simply walk inside... no matter how quiet your step. Asharra will muse, tilting her head to look at Giles, And you are not much of an expert on wards... are you sweet? Perhaps you then, little gnome. You are small enough to escape sight... and I would hope, skilled enough in magic to notice a ward or arcane trap, should you see one.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fah," Giles snorted, but otherwise, he remained silent. There would come a time when they needed him, and so, he would quietly wait for Asharra to tell him to do something interesting, or for the opportunity to do something to present itself.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

I'm afraid my skills with stealth is limited without the aid of my magic. I do however have some knowledge of the arcane and might well be able to spot traps of magical and mundane nature if given a minute or two to study. My suggestion is myself and perhaps Ashe here should try to gain some information on the streets. And I would suggest that the rest of you fan out and take a look at the house. If at all possible grab a servant. Give me some time to mess with their brain and we have all the information we need. Heck we can have the sap do practically anything we want if we do this right." Fidelis broke off his mental link to concentrate more fully on the matter at hand, thinking deeply.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds a fair idea. Then we shall meet back after nightfall at the Black Stag Inn. It sits ot far from here and the owners are the sort who rarely ask questions. Asharra will say, Look the place over, but take no one that may be missed. We do not want to alert them that there may be an attack. Better that we have no one to speak with, then we alert the wizard that he should increase his protections.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis nodded "Black stag inn. I know of it. Ill see you within a few hours. Fidelis slipped off quietly. He decided he would focus on stores and taverns. Claiming to be looking for employment and had heard that a Master Pale might be in need of his services, but wanting to know about the man before he entered any agreements.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a Gather information check (1d20+16)[19]

21. - Top - End - #51

@Fidelis: A few frustrating hours later, you finally run into somebody who seems to know what he's talking about

"Oh, you mean the master of Pale house!" He laughs, "Funny thing about that place. He doesn't keep servants. Kinda queer for a nobleman don'tcha think? I heard he was an adventurer and it drove him just a bit off. Ye can try to get him to hire ya, but he rarely opens those doors for anyone but a fetching young lass from across town."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Elril had not uttered a single word since they had entered Pale's house, content to keep silent. As they went about their plans, Elril set out to examine the house of Brother Pale.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a bit behind, we're scouting the Good Pale's house, correct? If so, then can I get a description... IC, of course.
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Thanks to me for splicing them!

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared my explosive runes this morning.

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright then. Illiiya's "technique" to find out about the good master Pale will involve the following. She's going to use her fun little "face-changer" feat to change into someone who looks a bit less.... sinister. After all... he's the "good" one. She'll take on the form and demeanor of a young, innocent looking girl dressed in a courtier's outfit that looks like it's seen wear before. Not the prim, un-tattered garb that has only seen wear once. More like the kind a peasant might get second-hand and wear to try to impress a noble. She will be a strawberry-blonde with just a trace of freckles across her noise, soft, fair skin, and of course... no weapons or armor in the least. And her name will be... Rose.

Using her new guise... "Rose" will inquire about town, trying shyly to seek admittance into places that nobles or their servants might go... She will be a slightly timid thing, but when pressed, will ask about one "Lord Pale". She will say that she is a performer, and that she is hoping that the lord will sponsor her and perhaps even take her on and be her patron. She will claim to have been invited to his manor, and she is hoping to learn as much about him as she can, to make a good impression when she goes to meet him. Of particular interest to her is what types of women and what kinds of entertainment he seems to favor... but anything anyone will tell her will do. After all... who could resist the urge to help such a sweet and innocent girl?

(Just to let you know... The face-changer thing lets me use Disguise-Self at will, provided I have a glamer spell prepared, which I do. By repeatedly stacking the duration when it is close to fading... I should be able to maintain the illusion of being Rose for a long time... If that's not the case let me know. Also... fear me, for I am Mystique!)

24. - Top - End - #54

"Rose" spends all day looking for information, and gains the following:

He lives alone and is attended by no one. He's not often even in his house, and when he is it's usually night. Nobody you talk to has ever been in, but he's sometimes visited by a short, long-haired brunette who he greets as an old friend. He's rather reclusive and nobody knows much about him.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will do relatively little for his part, save for make a brief stop at the chosen in and purchase a room, paying a little extra money to ensure that the innkeep's memory stays a little fuzzy as far as his latest client was concerned. It never hurt to grease the wheels a little. Once in the room, he will remove his armor, his longsword, and his bow, leaving himself with only his magical items and his dagger, which he will strap to the back of his belt instead of at his forearm. He rechecks his belt pouches briefly, bringing only his tobacco and his pipe, a black affair carved of fine mahogany.

As he paused a moment more, he placed his tindertwigs and steel mirror in his other pouch; you never knew, really. Head still rolling contingencies around, he idly slid a smokestick into each boot.

As he stares briefly at the longbow he was leaving behind, he reflected briefly on how he needed to invest in something that could reach out and touch someone without being so large and noticeable as his bow. With a shrug, he retied his long black hair into it's usual ponytail, ensuring that it was secure. Re-donning his cloak, he returned to the streets after conscientiously locking the door to his room, and as he traveled, he went without his hood up, to further decrease his unsettling appearance.

He sticks to the streets, carrying only a few gold coins on his person, and he seeks out what could likely be the single best source of information in the area: a street urchin.

Of course, street urchins were difficult creatures. They frightened easily, especially at the sight of powerfully built men who look like they are looking for them... so Giles settled upon searching in a nearby bazaar, browsing goods slowly and with every appearance of being intent, whilst he openly carried in his hand a small pouch, which he held with a loose grip. The pouch only contained a handful of copper coins; his real money was in his belt pouches, where it was secure.

Spoiler
    Show
    For reference, Giles is carrying: Spell Storing Dagger +1, Ring of Charisma +2, Pipe of Grief, fine tobacco, ten tindertwigs, a small steel mirror, and two smoke sticks, as well as 15 gold pieces and 6 copper pieces.
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2007-09-05 at 06:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Giles wanders a bustling bazaar where many coins change hands over the course of a few short minutes. At one end of the bazaar, he encounters a small boy with a makeshift crutch and a small bowl.

"Please sir, a little gold for a cripple?" he asks with a slightly chipper voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giles, make a spot check.
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-09-05 at 08:32 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles knelt before the boy, smiling warmly and speaking softly, that only the boy and he may hear.

"Little one, I want, for just a moment, to reassure you. I do have a bit of gold for a helpless little boy, but..." He paused, his smile fading a little bit before he continued, "I need a little help with something very, very important... and so, if I am to help you, which I will, I will need a little bit of help in return. The kind of help that only very special little men such as yourself are able to provide, because you, my boy, are the kind most often left unattended."

Giles handed the boy the small coinpurse, the five coppers jangling softly.

"There is half a silver in this purse, my friend... but if you think that you, or any of your friends, can help me with this very important thing, then it will become a good deal more."

28. - Top - End - #58

"Well, I might be able to help. Do I have to move? I can't go far."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles smiled, the expression telling the boy in no uncertain terms that Giles knows.

"My dear boy, I will tell you what. You need only move as far as you must to find some of your friends. Do three gold pieces make that sound like a fair endeavor?"

30. - Top - End - #60

The boy grins, and stands on both feet, raising his crutch, "For three gold pieces, consider me magically healed, good sir."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show