New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Geh? I could have swore I posted earlier today... btw, I love to cause IC waves

Elril's hand lingered near the hilt of his rapier, but he never moved to draw it. Then, without warning, Elril's face creased into a smile, and he gave a curt bow to the gnome. "Master Giles is correct. While we share an employer, you have no reason to fear me." If his earlier threat didn't put the gnome at unease, certainly the sudden mood swing might have.
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Thanks to me for splicing them!

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared my explosive runes this morning.

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Good to hear" Fidelis responded easily. Now lets go in. I've bypassed our alarm with a dispel. No mass destruction right now I'm afraid Lady Ashe." Fidelis began to whistle more or less tunelessly as he reached for the handle. (Having to stand on tip toes to pull it off.) And opening the door.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles raised his shield out of habit, then seeing that the gnome was having difficulty with the handle, took the moment of time to push his hand away brusquely.

"You got rid of the ward we know of, Fidelis. Let me; should anything happen, it will be my pleasure to wreak painful retribution on Master Pale's little pet."

Grimacing, he lifted his shield another inch, and tested the door, to see if it was locked.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

The door swings open easily onto a small wine cellar. The other side of the door is masked as a section of wine rack.

Only one person at a time can travel the first five feet, but afterwards it opens into a ten foot by ten foot room clearly designed for food storage. Another wooden door is on the west wall. (Nothing dangerous in this room, so I'll move on)

Behind the door is a flight of stairs going up into the house. It's currently dark up there, but low-light vision would assist in sight (it's not THAT dark). The house is eerily quiet, only the sound of the wind against the shutters can be heard.

At the top of the stairs is a hallway (perpendicular to the stairs), fifteen feet long with a door on either end. The stairs are exactly in the middle of the "hallway".
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, having thoughtfully picked up his torch after dropping it earlier (nothing to see there, no sir), found his way easily illuminated.

"We should split up. We know what to look for, we just don't know where it is hidden. Take your time, but work fast; we wouldn't wish to be caught with our trousers about our ankles." Thus being said, Giles hands his torch to Fidelis.

"I will begin searching upstairs; there is always a chandelier lit, and so, I will not be needing this."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis in turn passed the torch to Asharra. My own eyes will work fine thanks." Fidelis said. He paused for a moment. And as if of it's own accord the filth of the sewers vanished from his boots. He quickly repeated the process with the others. "That smells better. And it saves having footprints showing we've been here. I'll take the path to our right and take a look around. Look for a study. It seems like a place where we would find what we are after. I doubt he will have trapped anything in the actual house. But be careful."

Spoiler
    Show
    The cleaning was my Gnomish ability to cast Prestidigitation
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-09-18 at 03:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

(I love prestidigitation! Whether you're wallowing in a sewer, or an orc's cave... always look and smell your best!)

Asharra will take the torch from Fidelis and smirk. There may still be wards in place and guardians about... I do not thing going off alone is so wise. Two groups is better. Giles and I can handle ourselves. Why don't you boys look about down here?

With that, Asharra will take Giles' arm and chuckle under her breath.

Lead on then Giles.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

In silence, the hulking avenger leads the way, heading for the stairs and mounting them in even strides that matched his company's. Once atop the stairs, he attempts to see if there is anything of interest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+8)[20] ; should I see anything of interest, and Asharra does not, assume that I grant her a new check at +2 please.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's nowhere else to go, Elril will follow Asharra...? I'm no good w/o visual aid
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

For Elril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... the group was supposed to be you with nataraja and fidelis... so they'll have a tank and wizard, and we'll have a tank and wizard. I'm sure they can get you some light. Didn't you bring a torch or a light spell? If not, one of them probably did.

Alright. Asharra and Giles will head upstairs, with him leading the way, and her looking about for anything of interest. Once she's clear of the rest of the party... she'll cast detect magic, and maintain the concentration on it as we move... looking for anything fun that she might want to claim as her own. (Pretty much anything magical, really... She's quite fond of magic.)
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis shrugged as Asharra and Giles moved off. Well lets get something done fellows." He said. "Sharth." he intoned. Drawing a hand across his eyes. Before he headed though the door on the right.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm also casting detect magic.

12. - Top - End - #162

@Asharra & Giles

Spoiler
    Show
    You find a flight of stairs going to the second floor just to the left of the door. A couple lit candles are in brackets on the wall in the stairwell. At the top of the stairs, you find yourself in what appears to be a small sitting room with a window looking out on to the street. A jeweled chandelier pours light into the room. There are doors across the room and on the right hand wall, the window is in the left hand wall.

@Other Group

Spoiler
    Show
    You pass into large room, unlit.

Darkvision required
    Spoiler
    Show
    A number of large cases, made of wood and glass, are in this room. A number of other things are on the walls.

Take it from here!
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok... Asharra is giving the room a once-over with Detect Magic, especially the candles and chandelier, and not touching anything. If nothing here looks interesting, she'll move on once Giles is done poking about. He can choose and open a door.

Taking 10 on a Search Check to find interesting and/or magical stuff. That gives me a 16.

14. - Top - End - #164

OOC

Do we really need dark-vision? Unless the room before was well lit my axe is lit which acts like a torch.
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

15. - Top - End - #165

@LeperKahn If your axe is lit, the consider the room lit and you can look in the spoiler.

@ Asharra: One of the gems in the chandelier detects as magical.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I have torches... Just my luck I didn't pack flint and steel >:o

Elril followed closely behind Fidelis and Nataraja, and as the room ahead became dark, Elril halted. "Have one of you a shard of flint and a pound of steel to strike upon? It would be much easier to see if I lit a torch," Elril said as he pulled a diminutive wooden torch from his pack, wrapped with thick gauze and tar on the top. (Or whatever torches are wrapped with.)

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, for his part, will begin checking doors to see what they hide away, leaving the sitting area to Asharra. There are two of them on their floor; it would not be to their detriment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check: (1d20+8)[27]
    Listen Check: (1d20+8)[15]

Spot when the door opens, listen to see if Giles hears anything suspicious.

18. - Top - End - #168

@Giles
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first door opens on a long, quiet hallways with three visible doors, all closed. The second door opens on a small, ahem, discreet chamber (toilet).
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Sighing with frustration, Giles looks back at Asharra; she's busy at the moment, so, the hulking warrior sees no problem with taking a quick break. Discretely, he shut the door behind himself, and idly undid the laces on his trousers.

When one spends all day in the bazaar, listening for information from street urchins, they don't have the time to do such private business, really. A few moments passed, and Giles was finished with his deed. Lacing his trousers back up, he opened the door quietly and attempted to begin his searching anew without Asharra noticing, but fails when his armored shoulder strikes lightly on the doorframe, making a thudding sound.

20. - Top - End - #170

Asharra and Giles: Listen check.

Edit: Listen 20+
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as Giles bumped against the bathroom door frame, another sound, almost hidden, sounded down the upstairs hallway. A footstep.
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-09-20 at 08:51 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOC: If the room is considered lit then I'll do what I say in my post. If not I cast dancing lights then do it.

Fidelis

"Just hold his axe to your torch." Fidelis said. Know lets see. This is as good a start as any. Fidelis started moving around the room looking for both what they were here for and anything that might be of value. In particular magical items. "Give me a hand here. We want this done fairly fast."

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+11)[25]
    For good measure a listen check: (1d20+6)[10] Speaking of which BA here's hoping you pass yours this time. But 20 plus? I doubt it.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-09-20 at 09:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles' head turns like lightning, and he draws his sword, murmuring softly to Asharra.

"Someone is here..." He quietly motions for Asharra to get behind him, and dropping into a half crouch, he predatorially creeps down the hallway, ears and eyes straining as he prepares to kill whomever happens to be home.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20+8)[12]
    Listen check: (1d20+8)[21]
    Move Silent check: (1d20+13)[19]

23. - Top - End - #173

@Giles
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one is in the hallway, but there is a shuffling noise in the area of the door furthest from you (Make another listen check). Among other things, you notice that there are odd brackets on the wall across from each door, and the hallway is approximately as wide as the doors.

@Fidelis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though nothing in the room detects as magical, it becomes quickly evident that this is a trophy room. In the centre of the room is a pedestal with a glass case, inside of which is a gigantic gem (6 inches wide).

The gem is not the same gem as was described to you, but it has a curious flair all its own. It has legs. They are spindly, like a spider, and appear to be part of the gem, rather than metal attached to it.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I'll assume Asharra knows something is up, since Giles said someone is here. I'll make that second listen check though.

(1d20)[14]

Not expecting much.

In the meanwhile, while he was using the privvy... she would have done a bit o' investigating on this magic gem. It's probably just what keeps the chandelier lit... But still... she's curious. Taking 10 on a Spellcraft roll to determine what school of magic is enchanting the thing! That gives me roughly a 31.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-09-20 at 09:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

@Asharra and Giles
    The shuffling has gone quiet.

Asharra
    Spoiler
    Show
    The magical gem in the chandelier matches the description you were given. It's about 10 feet up, though.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"Oh won't you look at that." Fidelis whispers. Drawing his dagger he mutters "Sileanc." tapping the glass softly with his free hand. Then he attacks uses his dagger to break the glass. hiting it solidly until it gives way. Finally he checks to make sure the gem is not trapped before claiming it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting silence on the glass. So no sound within twenty feet of it. Stabing the case till I get though then checking for traps. Search: (1d20+11)[28] After which I take the prize. (Considering my hand is not eaten or anything like that.

27. - Top - End - #177

@Fidelis
    You are now in possession of a large, legged gem.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will observe the brackets cautiously, then move back to Asharra.

"The sound has stopped... if you've found anything, you should go fetch the others, and see if anyone has any rope... we will leave via a window, if possible. I will go see if I cannot find out what the sound was."

That down, Giles will advance down the hallway, taking great pains to move as silently as he could, his ears still straining for any sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check: (1d20+8)[9]

I'd like to take 20 on my Move Silent, putting the check at a quiet-as-the-grave 33.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Smilling smugly Fidelis whispered mentally to his two companions. "Let's try another room." Suiting his mental sending he opened the door. (Assuming only the door we came in is here. Otherwise I'll pick another more or less at random.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

It is time for a hasty exit Giles.... She'll say with a sinister laugh, and begin channeling dark energy across her out-stretched hands. She will chant in a disturbing tongue for a moment, and then release the energy at the chandelier...

Darkbolt spell, aimed at the support of the Chandelier, so it will come crashing to the floor. She's not subtle... and she didn't prepare any "make myself taller" spells. Once it's fallen, she'll stop for a second and listen... because I'm pretty sure that whatever was upstairs will be coming down in a hurry...

Oh, and she'll point out the gem to Giles.

That's our prize... get it and let's go.

For the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asharra is going to listen to the noise up overhead... which I'm guessing will come running... and will ready an action to toss a web-spell into whichever door or hallway the thing sounds like it will be emerging from! Bwa ha ha! In yo face mysterious thing!