New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

@Giles: You can hear the glass smash, it'd take you two rounds of movement to get there.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles snarled, the sound wet and filled with fury.

"The pathetic wretch is amongst our allies... shall I bring an end to him, milady?"

His grip on his longsword tightened, and he glared eagerly down the stairs.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Not him. A man does not flee one fight and pick another. I think they face a differant threat. Asharra will muse with a smirk. Go Giles... I will clear the way ahead of you.

Is the area they are in dark magically, or because all the lights went out? Because being able to see or not will GREATLY affect what Giles and I can do. Just let us know when we're there, what we can see and when we can act.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psychoticbarber View Post
    Initiative please, from those present.

(1d2)[2]
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's baaaack! Much love to coyodecode.net for not dying.

Initiative (1d2)[2]

Roll for darkness (d20srd says 50% chance for a total miss in pitch dark, I'll let psycho decide if it's a hit or not.)(1d2)[2]

If that works...

Elril stabs towards the sound of the commotion, hoping to catch the attacker unaware in the darkness. He then takes another quick stabbing motion.

[roll1] & [roll2] (critical is 15-20/x2)

Should they hit...

[roll3] & [roll4]
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Thanks to me for splicing them!

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared my explosive runes this morning.

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

DOUBLEPOSTING b/c Gitp forums hate me...

(1d20+10)[21] and (1d20+5)[15] (critical is 15-20/x2)

Should they hit...

(1d6+4)[7] and (1d6+4)[10]
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20+4)[16]

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

7. - Top - End - #217

MoveSilently - (1d20+18)[25] Pale retreats into the darkness.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOC: Are we waiting on Leper?

9. - Top - End - #219

OOC: Until Saturday, at most. I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon and probably won't check in until Saturday afternoon.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Initiative: (1d20)[10]

From how I understand it I was away from Pale so I will take a turn to get to him.
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Darkness field, eh? Alright. Since there's no chance in hell that she's going to be able to see into it. Asharra will stop after but one round of moving towards the darkness, and sneer at it.

Anyone who does NOT wish to be blown into small, burning chunks of bone and bloody meat, should step out of the darkness... right.... NOW! She will demand, and begin the chant for a fireball.

For DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asharra is going to purposely flaw the spell... changing one or two of the gestures and otherwise... NOT casting fireball. What she IS going to do, is attempt to bluff anyone and everyone in the darkness field into revealing themselves, for fear of being blown up. I'm guessing/hoping that he's not a spellcaster, and thus, won't know the real incantation from an ALMOST real one... I figure he'll run like a little girl... but you never know.

If she sees pale emerge, she will use a held action to use Wither Limb on him as soon as she can. If he doesn't in the next round... she will cast Fear into the darkness to "persuade" everyone to leave. Let me know which of these will come up. (Also remember, fear is a cone, and will affect everyone in the area... and that anyone asharra scares takes minor subdual damage.

Bluff Check: (1d20+12)[20]
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOC: Am I inside or outside the darkness? Meaning just how far did I get thrown.

"Insolent human." Fidelis grunts. Holding his arms forward he will aim a cone of mental energy around where he believes Pale to be. "WHELM!"

He will also back pedal in the direction of Asharra's voice if she speaks before he acts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thats a Whelming blast. Cone radius. Thirty foot range. 4d6 damage. Will save: 18 to avoid.
    (4d6)[16]
    Concentration: (1d20+9)[16]
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-09-28 at 04:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

{OOC: Dealing with Whelm first. Asharra you have to wait through this round before you arrive (2nd round), though I'll keep your action on for next round, unless you want to change it.}

Pale's Will Save - (1d20+11)[16]

Unseen, Pale staggers in the darkness.

(Nataraja's turn is spent trying to find Pale, now Pale's action, then the fireball bluff.)

There is a loud popping sound, followed by silence in the darkness. (Darkness will fade in a few minutes).

Despite Asharra's pushes, the extra being does not exit the darkness.
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-09-28 at 12:24 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

If we are still in combat then I'll use this as my next move.

Fidelis moves out of the darkness in the direction of Asharra's voice. Once outside he will draw his leaf toped wand. Tapping it against his side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Magic device: (1d20+10)[12]
    Heals:(2d6)[7] damn no dice.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-09-28 at 09:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with waiting the extra round... Am I correct in assuming that the whelm went off... AND fear went off... and no one has come out yet? (At the least, I figured it would get one of the party... since it's a cone and I'm not being selective. She's hitting the whole darkness field.)

Also... any mook who fails the save takes 3d6 subdual in addition to being panicked. Anyone who makes it, take 1d6 subdual and is shaken. Panic = "running like a scared little girl" and shaken is a mere -2 to attacks and skill checks (and saves? I'm not certain)

But yeah... I'm curious if my Fear spell went off or not. Or if Elril and Nataraja have gone yet. Step it up guys!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles rumbled with a predatory growl, longsword and shield gripped tightly in his hands. Impatient, he roared into the darkness (as he has been following Asharra like the good dog he is).

"Pale! Step out and face me, worm! Your house is burning, my blade wet with your blood! LET US END THIS, YOU AND I!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting a... Diplomacy check? My God, what? :p The intent is kind of clear, I guess...

Diplomacy: (1d20+4)[12]

Regardless of whether or not he is answered, if Pale shows his subdual dealing little face, Giles will activate another use of rage (it IS a different encounter... right?) and make both an Intimidate check ((1d20+18)[35] and unleash the fury of a full attack action, the rolls for which I will leave to the DM, as I will be gone tomorrow and most of Sunday.
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2007-09-29 at 01:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Despite your best efforts, another round passes with no-one coming out of the darkness.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Not even our allies? Not Fidelis or Elril? Alright, screw 'em. We have what we came for.

Enough of this Giles. We have what we wanted... Let us get out of this place before the coward's house burns down around us. Asharra will growl, and turn to leave out the way we came.

Until we get back, find out this is a clever forgery designed to LOOK like the real gem... and we have to kill Duncan, just out of spite.

19. - Top - End - #229

OOC: Sorry Asharra, I was only speaking for the character for whom I am responsible. I believe Fidelis already came out.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis taped Asharra's elbow. "I'm not that short you know."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Then let's leave this festering hole before it burns to the ground. Asharra will say, looking down at Fidelis. I'm tired of this place.

And unless someone heads out of the darkness to stop us... we're getting the hell out of this place. Sound good to everyone.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will growl and slam the hilt of his weapon against the wall, but will otherwise be silent; in Asharra's experience, that would be the closest thing to consent the barbarian would give when he was in a killing mood.

OOC: One question: front door, window, or sewer?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

Elril steps through the door behind Fidelis, sheathing his blades with a disgruntled look on his face. "Have we obtained what we came for?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's hard for me to follow the pbp, being sort of new and all, so ignore my if my character's asking really stupid questions.

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"I think Pale's gone. That or my spell actually finished him off. Not likely though. If you hurt him enough for that to take him out then I doubt he would have tried his luck with us. Still... I like to be sure." Fidelis grinned and took the gray bag from his belt. grasping a furry ball he threw it into the darkness. "Take a look little freind."

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a bag of tricks I'm using (Gray.) randomized animal from this list.
    Gray
    d% Animal
    01-30 Bat
    31-60 Rat
    61-75 Cat
    76-90 Weasel
    91-100 Badger
    (1d100)[66] Whatever i is it will have sent or in the case of bat Blind sense. Just getting it to check the darkness.

25. - Top - End - #235

@ Fidelis: According to your furry friend, there's nobody in the darkness at all (unless Nataraja didn't leave. But nobody threatening)
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-10-01 at 08:36 AM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis
    A small cat leaves the darkness. Being unable to communicate verbally it simply shook it's head. Fidelis picked it up and let it back into the bag. "Well no Pale. Let's go."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

We have what we came for... and, as charming as it was... we take the sewer. At least we know that way is clear. Then we split up and meet back at the old meeting spot tomorrow night. That may serve to throw his pursuit, if any... off of the track. Asharra will say, moving for the exit swiftly.

28. - Top - End - #238

Nataraja follows Asharra
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"Why at night?" Fidelis asked while tying the bag to his belt. "If we were to do that we might as well just hand it in now." Fidelis starts heading towards the sewer.

30. - Top - End - #240

{OOC: When you get there, you don't run into any resistance in the sewer.}
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show