New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

Giles glowers in the gloom, shield and longsword still gripped tightly. The adrenaline from the previous battle beginning to wear off. Finally, he speaks quietly.

"I could have killed that cowardly wretch," he grunted, shifting his shoulders, causing his breastplate to rustle slightly, "I swear that one day, his blood will coat the ground, and his body will find its final rest deep in the grasp of the cold, unfeeling earth." Aside from that, he said nothing more; his mind was still too focused on the fight, on the blood that sprayed into the air, and on the strange blow that Pale dealt him which weakened his limbs.

In silence, he walks at Asharra's side, remaining a step ahead of her, to better stand in the way of some unexpected danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    This post is brought to you by alcohol, and took me fifteen minutes to type. That will be all.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

I suspect our employer will wish us to ensure that we are not trailed to him... And I want a moment or three to study this gem before we blindly hand it over. Asharra will say with a smirk, Do you not agree, little gnome? Or would you just give away this thing that such a powerful man sought after?
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis grinned. "Give implies free. And I wouldn't give him a drink if he was in the desert and I had a river. Pay though. Thats good." Trudging though the gunk Fidels added. "Here's hoping the Pale we just robed's freind isn't to good at divination."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let them come," Giles growled, "I will tear them to shreds, as easily as I cut into Pale..." he trailed off, mumbling curses and things that sounded like oaths to dark powers and on his mother's grave, typically involving what sounded like the word "vengeance".

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

So... would it be safe to assume that we can scatter and I'll get a chance to study this thing? Fidelis is welcome to help me out... but as he's not a man who's spells come from book-learnin' there might not be much he can do.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"True my skills are not from books, but I know my way around the arcane world. I'll lend a hand to studying this thing." Reaching the exit to the sewer Fidelis climbed up onto the streets. He quickly cleaned away the sewer gunk magically. Also cleaning off his allies as they exited. (Unless it's been over an hour since I cast it.)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

@ Fidelis: Your cleanliness and that of your allies is assured.

@ Asharra: How do you want to go about studying it? Spellcraft tells you it's radiating Divination magic.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOC: Knowledge arcana? Identify?

9. - Top - End - #249

OOC:

Quote Originally Posted by The Duskblade View Post
    OOC: Knowledge arcana? Identify?
    Yeah but which? I'm going to force you to tell me what you do. Would you like to make a Knowledge Arcana roll or cast identify?
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... First off... Arcana Knowledge. But should that turn up nothing, I will pay a research visit to the library in town tomorrow. Asharra will cast "Mask of the Ideal" on herself... so she should have even MORE ease with social skills (Though she may attract more male attention than she wants... but meh. She's used to it.) Of course, I shall not be going as myself. In fact... I think I shall go disguised as a plucky young wizardess with Ash blonde hair, with thick spectacles perched on her nose. Her name shall be Evelyn Crestmire, and she shall say it like a proper, somewhat haughty little noble's daughter who's daddy bought her magic lessons. She will be attractive in a nerdy "young librarian" way. Giving off the air of a rank novice who none-the-less is struggling to be taken seriously and considered smart, she will ask to look over the books on magical artifacts. If asked why, (Or if she is not) she will inform all involved that her master is a stubborn old goat who refuses to teach her spells until she earns them... and her task for this week, is to identify a rare magical trinket withOUT using a spell to do so. She will seem both annoyed and indignant at this task... as if she sees no reason to actually put so much time and effort into something that magic can solve so easily. Thus, if someone will make her or sell her a scroll of identify... she will gladly buy it... and head off with a smirk. If not, she will simply look through every book she can find for information about this gem.

Oh... should I spy Pale or his little wizardess friend... I will steer clear of them, if possible. Just in case.

She will take 10 on any acting or bluff rolls needed to pull this off, unless she has to speak to Pale or his friend directly. This will give her a 22 in acting, and a 26 in Bluff. I'm not sure which one is more relevant.

For the initial arcane knowledge check however... (1d20+12)[27]

Social skills... Not just for bards, baby!

11. - Top - End - #251

@ Asharra.

Your arcane knowledge reveals to you that it is a receptacle for information, and is well-warded. There is a twisting of arcane power that you don't understand, but it's extremely innovative and very interesting. If you had more time to study it, you might understand the arcane principles behind it.

You're also able to discover that the stone is not described in anything anyone in the library knew about. You are also directed to another nearby library, the curator of this library says that the other one is a much better library for arcane studies.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, for his part, will attend to his own business, and will return to the bazaar, though he will bring more of his equipment this time. In fact, the only items he will leave locked in his room will be his longbow and his quiver of arrows. Once in the bazaar, he will immediately seek out the boy informant from the day prior.

13. - Top - End - #253

@ Giles

You find him resting, trying to stay off his recently injured leg. "No," he says as you approach, "I'm not doing anything more for you, too dangerous."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles simply moves in close, whispering so that only the boy may hear.

"You lied to me; Pale was home." His tone is dark, the sound of it grating like gravel to the informant's ears, and it was clear that, no matter the reason, the hulking man would brook no excuses. Standing, Giles turns and walks away, fading into the hubbub of the bazaar...

But he was not leaving.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: (1d20+18)[34]

Giles will be remaining in the bazaar, keeping an eye on the cripple (taking ten on his Spot check, which will put him at a constant 18). If the boy moves, Giles will follow him from a relatively safe distance.

15. - Top - End - #255

@ Giles

Hours later, a day's work of begging finished, the boy stands up and limps off.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After sleeping the remainder of the night and refreshing his spells. Fidelis decides to kick back and take a day off working. This translates roughly to tracking down Machians and having some fun with them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather information to try find a Machian/s:(1d20+10)[30] Taking (1d4+1)[4] hours.

17. - Top - End - #257

@ Fidelis

The best place to find one would probably be Embassy row. It's a long journey to Kayru from Mechia, so very few actually make it out here. Embassy row is a pretty well-guarded place.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles snarled softly, one hand resting on the hilt of his sword, the other clutching the shield that is slung over his shoulder. He uttered a single word, so softly that it was as if he never really spoke it.

"Vengeance."

And so did he follow the boy from a distance, trailing him until he found out where the boy lived... or at least pretended to live. His treachery would fall heavy on everyone that he threw into Giles' path, should he attempt to deceive him again.

19. - Top - End - #259

@ Giles

What do you intend to do when you get there?
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

That depends on a lot of different variables, mate. How about we get me some of that situational awareness we talked about, so I can proceed being eeeeeevillllllllllle.

21. - Top - End - #261

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    That depends on a lot of different variables, mate. How about we get me some of that situational awareness we talked about, so I can proceed being eeeeeevillllllllllle.
    Lol, I meant roughly. Like murder, intimidation, wholesale slaughter...?

Edit: That helps me understand the kind of info you'd need to worry about.
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-10-07 at 05:17 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

I intend to kill the boy, his family, and should he have ducked into a place that is not his home, I intend to kill anyone whom he tried to lose me through, and *then* move on to kill the boy.

23. - Top - End - #263

The boy travels through slummy streets and enters a small shack. The door closes behind him, unlatched, and a small glowing fire sheds light into the street. There are a few people out on the street, but they pointedly try not to make eye contact with you, clearly afraid.

The shack can't be more than two small rooms, a single story.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles will circle the shack quietly, not drawing his weapons. In silence, he inspected the building, looking for windows or back doors...

He'd need to pay special attention to those, of course... he would have to strike swiftly, instilling terror in his enemies, and then end their pathetic lives. The treachery of the boy, paired with the housing of such a wretch, would cost the occupants of the shack, and cost them dearly.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well Giles is getting his revenge for a quasi imagined slight. So lets do this thing.

Fidelis headed towards the embassy however before reaching there he ducked down an ally and cast a spell. "Digesu." He muttered. Fidelis vanished. In his place stood a Machian human boy. Leaving the ally Fidelis looked from one building to another like he was seeing it for the first time. When he reached the embassy Fidelis walked forward as if he had every right to be there. And when/if questioned replied in a shrill voice. "I'm going to see father."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casted disguise person. 80 min duration
    Bluff: (1d20+15)[23]
    Disguise: (1d20+30)[33]

26. - Top - End - #266

@ Fidelis

Okay. Just so you know (I'm not bothered by it or anything), the name of the place is Mechia, so people from there are Mechians.

@ Giles

There's a hole in the back of the shack covered over only with a hanging blanket, and there are no windows.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles continued his prowling then, circling the house once more before making his decision. He headed to the door, and gently knocked on the pathetic thing, making just enough sound to be audible inside.

With luck, there would be more than just the wretched traitor inside; likely an adult, in charge of maintaining the "household". Putting on a veneer of calmness and honesty, Giles waited for the door to open; what he did now was not treachery. The law of vengeance dictated an eye for an eye; the wounds suffered at Pale's hand would be exacted upon the boy, and his family...

And Giles would never shed a tear...

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ahh good to know thanks.

29. - Top - End - #269

@ Giles

The boy opens the door, and just as quickly slams it. Feel free to act.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles, not a fool by any measure, immediately ran towards the back of the shack, to the blanketed opening. As his powerful legs pumped rapidly, he hauled his sword from its sheathe, long legs carrying him over the distance swiftly and easily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take off every zig! For great justice!

Justice.