New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default [FFG] Wraith: A Star Wars Story

The flames of rebellion stir across the galaxy. Events are already in motion that will lead to great battles at Scariff and Yavin. But not every battle is great, and not every rebel was at Yavin

Wraith: A Star Wars Story

Terminus - Kallea Sector - -1BBY

Despite its location at the edge of the glaxy, Terminus is a bustling shipping center. Given its location at the intersection of the Corellian Trade Spire and Hydian Way, almost all industry from the galactic southwest needs to pass through Terminus on its way coreward. Imperial presence is light, making Terminus a perfect spot for those on the fringes to hide.

Word moves quickly through the backwater channels on Terminus: the Rebellion is recruiting. They need a few brave souls for a dangerous mission. For whatever reason, you volunteer. Maybe the Empire killed your family, maybe you are a fervert supporter of freedom in the galaxy, maybe you just heard the Rebellion pays well. Regardless, you were given a time and a place, and told to be ready for action.

You make your way into a back room in the Mynock's Wing, a cantina in one of the seedier neighborhoods on Terminus. A grizzled Duros stands at the front of the room, leaning against the wall. She wears a weathered flight jacket, and a heavy blaster pistol sits on her hip like it's always been there. She watches you, silently, waiting for the full party to arrive. Finally, satisfied that everyone has arrived, she steps forward.

"Welcome to the Rebellion boys and girls. My name is Captain Haada Taaks, and I'm the leader of Wraith squadron. What's Wraith you ask? We're off the books, black ops, for the Alliance. High value, high secrecy, high danger missions. I know what you're thinking, squadron implies more than just one crazy old pilot, where's everyone else? Our last mission was like the rest, high risk, high reward. My gunner got pulled to head up the new B-wing program. Our doctor now oversees the main Alliance medical facility. Gallo, our demo expert is at that facility, trying to learn how to rig explosives with one hand. And our pathfinder didn't make it. Most of the wraiths end up promoted or killed before long, but that's what the Alliance needs. So I need some new recruits. I've asked around, I've done my research, I know you all have potential. So let's see if you can make good on that potential."

She places a small holo-projector on the table. A galactic map appears, then zooms down to a planet. The image zooms further onto the main city of the planet, then the face of an Imperial Officer appears next to the city.

"This is Vordania Prime. It's just down the Hydian Way, near Eriadu. Traditionally, the Empire hasn't had much of a presence there, so it's a favored stopping point for those that need to move between the Hydian and Rimma routes, but would prefer to avoid any interference. That all changed about a year ago. The empire showed up in force and began re-excavating a bunch of old mining sites. By report, they seem to leave the locals alone, but no one really knows what they're doing there. That's about to change. This is Bekker Trek, he's an Imperial Officer and he's been on Vordania with the Empire since they arrived. He recently reached out, stating a desire to defect. he also claims to have information vital to the Rebellion about the Empire's activity on Vordania. Our mission is a simple extraction job. We sneak in, grab Trek, slip out. Should be an easy one to get a feel for what you guys can do. Any questions?"

Looking around, Captain Taaks nods, satisfied. "Alright then. Make some introductions, gather your gear and meet me in docking bay 47 in one hour.
    Mark from,... now."
    Without another word she exits the room, leaving the new Wraith squadron to get acquainted.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Feel free to make some brief IC introductions and specify any last arrangements. Then make your way to the hanger when you're ready to start the adventure proper.
    Last edited by Angmarred; 2018-02-16 at 11:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [FFG] Wraith: A Star Wars Story

Simply swirling his drink around and occasionally sipping the brown liquid, Yosk watches his new partners carefully, letting them speak up first. No point in overextending himself, especially if it starts to look like he needs to bail before they hit Imperial run territory.

The bothan was not really here by choice. But after that bastard of a weequai on coruscant sold him out as a force sensitive, it was either run from the Empire on his own, or run from the Empire with the rebellion. And hey, maybe, just maybe, they weren't as crazy as they looked at first glance and actually could make a difference. The spy was reserving judgement on that score, but so far hadn't been impressed.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doren looks around the room, spying each of his companions through the layer of smoke from his light. He smiles, hearing the debrief from there commander. The Pantoran nods, bumping himself up from the wall he was leaning off and giving a quick spin on his heel "Chance of death? Stomrtoppers riling up the Populace? A few folks wanting to shift sides of the river? Sounds like a typical Empire day to me if your askin!" The Performer states, laughing confidently in the face of such stakes

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sarvin bows his head to the commander as she leaves the room, turning his attention to his other companions for this particular mission. Since no one else had introduced themselves yet, he shrugged and spoke up. "Su cuy'gar." He looked over towards the Pantoran, nodding with a chuckle. "Almost sounds like home right now. So everyone, we've got about an hour to kill and get ready for things. Since we're going to be marching into the jaws of the Empire, there's always a possibility of things going poorly. Before we head out figured we should get to know each other a bit, least figure out who is good at what. I'm Sarvin, good with a blade and tools. Any of you have any kit that needs repair, or some special modifications, I'm your man." Once he was done talking, he looked over to the Pantoran to continue since he had already spoken.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"...sniper."

He hated that word. The green-skinned Mirialan, face relatively unmarked by the standard tattoos, sits on one side of the room in anticipation for what is to come.

"I'm a good shot at long range, that's all. I'm not special, but I want to fight."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Keadra stares at the table, trying to remember if she's heard of Bekker Trek before. Her attention shifts to the group as introductions start. Her eyes linger on each speaker, trying to get a feel for how everyone looks when somewhat healthy. She contemplates asking everyone if they've had physicals and such, but decides that's far too intimate a question upon a first meeting. Her soft voice finally emerges past her lips, "I'm Keadra. I can shoot if need be, but I'm more focused on making sure all of you live if you forget to stay behind cover. I take it everyone is in a healthy state?"
    You have nice skin. It really holds in all your blood and organs - no leaking or nothing. You look great.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk eventually decides to speak up, since sooner or later they'd be looking for him to. "Yosk, though compatriots have called me the Shadow in the past. Slipping by organic security is what I'm particularly good at, but I can manage locks and droids decently enough. If things turn rough, I'm a fair shot with a carbine, but I'd prefer it not come to that."

With that, he finishes off his drink, and orders a second Parkellan Sling.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-16 at 10:41 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doren let out a dry laugh, hearing everyone fisnish introdcing themselves. He opens his arms wide "Well, Then that leaves little old me now, dont it?" He smirks, shaking his Head "Doren Mestefa. Former proprietor of the most kicken bar in all of Corusant. The Dancing Sarlac. And, head entertainer of course. Wont say im much with a blaster but really, I never liked the clunky things. To many bright lights and possibilities of shootin yourself in the foot. I prefer the more...peaceful solution, that ends with everyone gettin drinks and making merry if you know what I mean. Doren smiles to the team medic, doing a quick and short bow with a waving head "Im Mighty fine miss, But, I think my Health would be a lot better once I can hit a bar.
    Been Sober for much to long I think. Need to have at least a small bit of whisky in me to get the full Doren Mestefa Effect"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk quirks a bushy eyebrow at Doren, "Something wrong with this place? The glasses are close enough to clean, and I'm sure they have whiskey somewhere."

10. - Top - End - #10

RedWizardGuy

Sarvin lets out a chuckle, looking over to Keadra. "Ah, well think you and I are going to be pretty acquainted with one another then. Going to be in the direct line of fire quite often. Pleasure to meet you Keadra." After checking his tools and fusion cutter he stores them in his backpack, checking a few other pieces of kit before turning his attention to Doren. "Ever try tihaar?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Keadra sighs at Sarvin with a small frown, "Please at least try to duck..." Her attention turns to Yosk, "Do you prefer Shadow or your real name?" She looks at Doren with a soft smile, "I think hitting a bar would be rather painful." Her smile turns into an awkward grin as she tries to convey that she's making a joke, albeit a terrible one.
    You have nice skin. It really holds in all your blood and organs - no leaking or nothing. You look great.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk shrugs in response to the query, "Names aren't all that important to me. Whatever works for you."

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Sarvin looked over to Yosk, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, if you don't tell us what you want to be called we're probably just going to call you Fluffy. Y'know, something intimidating." While probably joking he tried saying that with the straightest expression possible, turning his attention back to Keadra. "I'll do my best to duck, I make no promises for our opponents being able to aim slightly lower."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doren snaps his fingers toward the medic, his hand slowly forming into a point "Not Bad. Little bit of comedy to enlighten this routine doc. Gotta say, im impressed by your first outing. Now, that was good, but you gotta say your joke with a bit more emphasis. And maybe a sly smirk in it, hand on the hip, put some sass in it. Good foundation we can build up from" He smirks to Yosk next "Fluffy? Now thats an unexpected name. Imagine the look on the guy who gets a nice pinhole in there head by the sniper names Fluffy?
    I think they'd still be Laughing"
    A knowing look seems to show on the Pantoran's face as Sarvin mentions Tihar "Now, are you...Mister Sarvin, Asking me, Doren Mustefa....if he's had a certain Al-Co-Ho-Lic Beverage? Man, you gotta understand, the Dancing Sarlac was an cavaclade of imaginative drinks from all across the galaxy my man. But...to answer your question...yea, I had one. Not bad, I'll say that much. Never thought Mando's the brewin sort to be honest. But, I was indeed completely suprised by such a thing"

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

Sarvin blinked as Doren's words dawned on him, before grinning widely and letting out a boisterous laugh. "You've had it hrm? Not only that but you actually liked it too! Well, haven't sworn off it at the very least. Didn't think there'd be too many people outside of home who could stand the stuff. Think you and I can get along just fine. As for us brewing, don't know why you're particularly surprised. Think every sentient species has created their own type of alcohol at some point or another through the years. Figure if you've tried tihaar you've tried the other two we're known for as well. We get through this all right and we can see who can live through the hangover from kri'gee."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk ignores the 'Fluffy' comment, "I don't suppose we can get on to more important matters? This Bekker Trek seems to be speaking up at a highly convenient time. I strongly suggest we assume that this is a trap from the start. Either to ensnare the likes of us, and/or to feed false information to the rebellion."

"With that in mind, if he's supposed to meet us somewhere for extraction, I move that we kidnap him en route and take him somewhere private but unimportant while we verify his story."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-18 at 09:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Keadra starts to attempt the legendary smirk hand on hip combo but gets distracted by the fluffy conversations. She bites her lips to keep from giggling, a smile still creeping out. Yosk the Fluffy's words snap her out of her moment of silliness. She turns to face him, feet together at the heel and hands holding each other behind her back, "I had thought the same. In general defectors should be treated with suspicion, especially when they reach out to their enemy for help. The problem with abducting him would be knowing which route he will take and if we can get him away from prying eyes, wouldn't it? I'm not sure how populated the area will be, but we should definitely scope the area out first. Perhaps in unassuming clothing so we don't stand out."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dorn Applauds as Kaedra is just about to preform the legendary action, but, soon reality calls. He looks between everyone, discussing battle plans and the like "Well, people can be fickle. One day, there begging for an autograph or a ticket intot he concert, next thing you know they come in and smash up teh place. This guy seems to be the sort begging for the ticket if you know what I mean. And beggers, well..they can be an issue. I dnt think we should kidnap him, nah. That would be to obvious, easy for the empire to track to if he turns. What we gotta do is communicate with him...just, not letting hi now it's us. Code. A few secret messages if you know what I mean."

Dorn's lips curl into a clever smile, biting the tip of his finger in thought "As for a cover? Getting in?
    Well....you Leave that Part to Doren Mestefa. You see, I'm what you call a performer. A man of the arts. A man of Living and letting live...and i think you all, are gonna have to learn just how to do that. Being unassuming is one, thing...but if we's wanted? From fame and fortune? Well, maybe the people could tell us just that. This is what I say. I'm going to go and do my thing. Be a preformer, turn whatever hole in the wall bar they got into a real popping shindig.. If it's good enough, might even grab an imperial or two, get em drunk, ask how it's going. Just make a place for the community to gather and spill there secrets like the booze they drinkin. Course, I'll need some backup. Cant be a one man band if you know what I mean. So, maybe one, maybe two of you can come and help me out? Maybe one of you gunslingers makes a good dancer? Anyone know how to bartend? Or...anything you think can help?

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

Sarvin scratches his chin for a moment. "Mm, don't think I'd be much use as a barkeep for the plan. Only really familiar with a few drinks. If machinery isn't going to factor in to getting our man, think the best job I could do for your plan Dorn is work security."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk looks skeptical, "I must express doubt that we will have time for such a plan. Establish a business, wait for word of the business to spread, and wait for people actually relevant to the mission to just wander in, if they ever do. That's a plan that could take months before it pays off."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doren expresses a wry Look "Thats why we'd be renovating an old one, not making one ourselves.
    Havin a place to call home and be safe? I think that might pay off wildly in th end

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yosk shakes his head, "Renovated or new, you are likely to wait for weeks at the least, perhaps months, perhaps forever. There is no way to guarantee when or if someone in particular will come. You could attract hundreds of people, thousands even, and still waste our time if they are not the right people. It would be best if we were done and gone within days in any case."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Let's just stop this for a second. I understand the desire to apply your specific abilities to a mission. But when the mission is, 'extract a defective military agent', and your specific abilities are, 'performing in and renovating bars', you're going to have to be more creative than renovating a bar and performing in it until the military agent comes in."

He reached down to the floor and grabbed a heavy suitcase by the handle, hoisting it up onto his table with a powerful thud.

"This is my weapon. But I don't plan on actually using it to snipe anybody on this mission. That's okay. Apply the job to what you can do, not what you can do to the job. The job is to get onto an Imperial planet, find our man, and pick him up. Probably in the middle of the night. We can't pick him up until we find him, and we can't find him until we get onto the planet. Let's just get over there and then figure out what to do."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Keadra's eyes dart between everyone as they talk, immediately looking a little frazzled. She lets out a breath after realizing she's been holding it during the mini debate, "I agree that we might not have enough time to establish something that nice... How about we keep that idea in mind for when we have a mission that will have us staying in one place for a while?" Her eyes trail to her shoes, "Besides, I imagine there will be a manhunt after he goes missing. The Empire doesn't take kindly to traitors. I also suspect the Rebellion will want to hold onto him after we... obtain him so they can make sure he's not a secret spy."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"So we make him be dead. Leave a trail when we take him that leads to a dead body that was hit with a high powered disruptor. Vanish afterwards along with the real man. Done right it'd look like an assassination or something else along those lines instead of a defection. Bonus points if we can make it something embarrassing to the Empire like making it look as if he was involved in the drug trade."

"Better yet if we can pin the apparent murder on local criminals. Any representatives of the hutts on Vordania Prime?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-19 at 07:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doren nods, listening to everyone's arguments. He shrugs, "Alright then. Just a quckie it is then.
    I do agree that faking his death might be the best way of doing this. Best not have the empire on there way after us"

27. - Top - End - #27

RedWizardGuy

"Only problem with that is we need a body to pose as him. So how are you all proposing to obtain one? Rob a morgue?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Robbing a morgue would be the straightforward way, but there's paperwork and security that can be problematic by that route. Wander the slums for a while though and one can usually find some some former drug addict suitable for the role. That or a thug with more balls than brains volunteering for it by trying to rob us."

"In any case, there's a lot more to plan, but I think most of it will have to wait until we know more. With that in mind, if we're done with the meet'n'greet, I need to check on my gear before reporting in."

Yosk will stick around if others address him for something else, but otherwise will finish off his drink before going to gather his belongings and then meander over to docking bay 47.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-02-19 at 07:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Keadra frowns as she listens to the discussion, clearly not a fan of corpse creating or stealing. She eventually feels the need to contribute in some way, "I don't have much experience with any of that. I'll help if you tell me how." She watches Yosk the Fluffy head on his way, "I'll head to the docking bay and see if the Captain has any maps of the area. That may be useful." She offers everyone a polite smile and half bow before leaving (unless someone stops her of course).

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dorn, looks a tad bit shocked "Whoa whoa whoa, hey now. We wint be killin no random schmuch just to let this guy go. We got to be better then the empire. Inspire the people to fight againsst them. You cant just go and kill some dude who had nothin to do with this! Just use an explosion or something!"

He shakes his head, also leaving the room "But, we should get going. Take this show on the road"