New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post

"Umm, Great Nagaraja," he squeaks out, using her official title as used by the gnomes. Incidentally, her official name "Yig" translates to a very naughty slang word in the gnomish tongue and saying it aloud would probably cause him to break a grin, something that is likely inappropriate, not to mention foolish, in the current setting.

Taking out the bloody book he liberated from the makeshift clinic, he continues, "I have this book in my possession. It appears to be a medical diary."

Given how hard he fought to win the necromancer's spellbook, Zuzu chooses not to let that detail slip in fear that his prize will be expropriated by the demigod. After all, Zuzu didn't lie at all. The spellbook was currently in Anastasia's possession and not in his.

After a moment of hesitation, but deciding that Yig was not going to attack or enslave them, Zuzu adds, "May I ask a question?"
    Yig looks at the book in your hands, reads the title, and her expression remains unchanged. "Observations and Studies on the Somniapestilencia... it seems to be exactly the sort of thing we are seeking. It is probably written at least partially be Lechsinska. It would certainly be best to give it to us to read, but if you truly feel the need to keep it then we would at least be grateful if you revealed to us copies or summaries of your findings."

"As for your question, ask what you would like to. It doesn't me I have to answer you nor does it mean that I will not mislead you, but a response you will receive. "

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Yaotl is taken aback by Yig's statement. "Yess, misss... Yesss, of courssse. My apologiesss."
    At this point Yig's grimace has faded and her emotion is unreadable. "Don't feel the need to grovel so much, it really doesn't make either of us seem very competent to the audience. And it is misses, Yaotl. You may be amnesic, but our agreement occurred after your memory was lost. "
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Shadow continues to sit quietly as she watches the others speak, she had nothing to offer in this nor did she have any real questions. Her original quest was still to put a stop to this plague and find out what is causing it, it rankled her that she had let the Necromancer go, but she fully understood why, and by Strazhliadka's grace, she will put the Necromancer down once this was over.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu uses his mage hand to float the medical diary towards Yig, as he continues haltingly.

"Great Nagaraja. I do not understand something. You say you are attempting to stop the Plague, and that you suspected this place is a center of research on the plague made by the Order of Umbra. If you are working towards the same goals, why kill them instead of working together?"

As he says so, Zuzu shows an illusory tableau of the barracks, with the dead snake soldier and order cultists.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-12-09 at 09:34 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares IC

The Knight pondered on it before she nodded, accepting the reasoning.
    "As long as the necromancer is destroyed once the main foe is defeated, I have no quarrel with that."
    She glanced around at the watchful snake - men surrounding them.
    "Tell your minions to back off, if you would. I much dislike their tenancy to grab for their weapons, and I have the suspicion steel would do little enough against you anyhow."

Yvonne's sculpted features settled into an air of stolid effeciency.
    "What else do you know of the Plague and its masters? We've encountered all many of strange fungus and stranger beasts on our way here.

... And what do you know of the ruling noble family and their condition?"
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Zuzu uses his mage hand to float the medical diary towards Yig, as he continues haltingly.

"Great Nagaraja. I do not understand something. You say you are attempting to stop the Plague, and that you suspected this place is a center of research on the plague made by the Order of Umbra. If you are working towards the same goals, why kill them instead of working together?"

As he says so, Zuzu shows an illusory tableau of the barracks, with the dead snake soldier and order cultists.
    Yig takes some time to respond, probably planning out what she is going to say. As she does this she accepts the diary and hands it to one of the other snake cultists to read before responding "Up until now, I didn't recognize that they where trying to cure the plague. I thought that they where trying to study it so they could better use it, as it seemed likely that the Order of Umbra caused the Somniapestillencia, as Lechsinska puts it. The fact that they where actively killing people who where trying to solve the plague, such as you and supposedly some clerics in the capital, further supported this case."

"In fact, it still seems as if the Order of Umbra has caused the plague; its just that they didn't know about it. Some of the letters that we discovered bring up vague details about something they call "the Curse of the Black Giants", which apparently was intentionally created by the Order of Umbra. This curse apparently may have brought the plague about, though we still have no idea what this curse they are referring to actually is. Hopefully our analysis of the documents here will explain what this curse they are referring to is."

"And even if the Order of Umbra wasn't causing the plague, their dissolution would still be necessary due to the problems they have caused unrelated to it. Do bear in mind who was commanding the Wendigoe you slew."

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    The Knight pondered on it before she nodded, accepting the reasoning.
    "As long as the necromancer is destroyed once the main foe is defeated, I have no quarrel with that."
    She glanced around at the watchful snake - men surrounding them.
    "Tell your minions to back off, if you would. I much dislike their tenancy to grab for their weapons, and I have the suspicion steel would do little enough against you anyhow."

Yvonne's sculpted features settled into an air of stolid effeciency.
    "What else do you know of the Plague and its masters? We've encountered all many of strange fungus and stranger beasts on our way here.

... And what do you know of the ruling noble family and their condition?"
    Yig waves her hand to some of the robed ones next to you. "Please do what she says and back off. Me and Yvonne have no intention of fighting." *everyone with a yard of you packs up and leaves to a new part off the room. "I have already told you as much as I know about this plague already, if I am being honest. I hope to uncover more tonight. As for the fungus, I am sure you have already found this out by now, but that is the work of the migo. They can spew a corpse with spores to make it ready for animation, and then animate them with an incantation. And on the monsters, we have discovered more like the one I heard you found in the hallway in other bases, behind closed doors. They are definitely creatures from the Lightless Vaults of Zihnn that are being summoned to this Plane of Existence, probably with the purpose of serving as war beasts. I don't quite know what their connection to the plague is yet."

"As for House Senckried, I haven't really bothered to do much on research on them. I know that the lord died from the plague, and his son-in-law died to, leaving only his daughter, Yuria, left to rule. We have recently stolen and copied a letter a from one of the guards, peacefully I promise, which is supposedly written by Yuria. Apparently she is saying that the Order of Umbra is no longer an enemy of the state, but an ally, so all troops deployed to fight the Order should return to the capital, Grimtham Rock. This seems more like a case of coercion rather than actual endorsement on Yuria's part though. It will need to be looked into in the future. "
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu absentmindedly fishes out the Wendigo's collar and starts playing with it.

"I see. Yes, it's possible that the left hand of the Order does not know what the right hand is doing. It is almost like there is some kind of civil war between them."

Turning to the others, and noting everyone's less-than-stellar physical condition, he says, "I think her Excellency has everything well in hand here. Unless we are needed still, I think we all could use a rest. Shall we go?"
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-12-11 at 11:58 PM.
    Now Playing

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see. Yes, it's possible that the left hand of the Order does not know what the right hand is doing. It is almost like there is some kind of civil war between them."

Turning to the others, and noting everyone's less-than-stellar physical condition, he says, "I think her Excellency has everything well in hand here. Unless we are needed still, I think we all could use a rest. Shall we go?"
    Yvonne speaks over her shoulder at the diminutive gnome as the noble digested the information she'd heard.
    "Not quite yet; I have further questions for Yig."

She returned her gaze to the the snake-goddess.

"I intend after this to head for the capital - if the Lady Yuria is being coerced-" Her hand curled into a fist. She paused, and when she resumed her voice was tightly controlled anger. "If the Umbra is forcing her, I have to help her, even if the entire Order opposes me or no. Especially having lost father and husband."
    The Knightess gestured round at the books and waiting snakemen.
    "Once you've found whatever you want in these books, I imagine you'll be moving out. There's fair few allies here, it seems - do you have a way to contact us, or Yoatl, at least, if he's your servant. Whether our intentions differ in final result, I'll offer my blade in alliance for now, as long as you do the same."
    She hesitated, before she swallowed her pride and spoke again.
    "Beasts like the ones we've fought - I'll fight any man freely, but I don't know the names of these abominations, never mind their weaknesses. If you have anything to help with slaying those kind of creatures, I... would be grateful."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

"The knight ssspeaksss truly. Thessse are dangerousss foesss, a weapon againssst them would prove very ussseful."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"A spell or two would be great, Lady Nagaraja!" Zuzu pipes up. If the others were now asking for divine favors, the young gnome wouldn't want to miss out!
    After all, the worst that can happen is that Yig will refuse, and Zuzu will be no better nor worse off.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-12-12 at 08:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #880

MonkGuy

Shadow listens as requests are going around, she likes her weapons just as they are, however, she couldn't help but think that perhaps there was something to asking for help.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but of wisdom, to know your enemy is always a good boon to ask for.

A look of confusion can be seen on Shadow's face by anyone who looks her way, she looks as though she is trying to piece together some sort of puzzle.

I..if I may ask, I'd like to ask for knowledge of these beasts they speak of. Th..that is of course you are granting devine favor, or boon.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

You can hear the hissing inflection in Yig's voice now. "Such appears to be the case, there is a great divide between parts of the Order. I have not seen it turn violent yet, but it looks like it may very soon turn out that way. "

The Knightess gestured round at the books and waiting snakemen.
    "Once you've found whatever you want in these books, I imagine you'll be moving out. There's fair few allies here, it seems - do you have a way to contact us, or Yoatl, at least, if he's your servant. Whether our intentions differ in final result, I'll offer my blade in alliance for now, as long as you do the same."
    She hesitated, before she swallowed her pride and spoke again.
    "Beasts like the ones we've fought - I'll fight any man freely, but I don't know the names of these abominations, never mind their weaknesses. If you have anything to help with slaying those kind of creatures, I... would be grateful."
    "The knight ssspeaksss truly. Thessse are dangerousss foesss, a weapon againssst them would prove very ussseful."
    The snake goddess waits for a few seconds after you completely finish speaking before making her commentary. "I am reluctant to make oaths which I cannot keep, lady Sonnenstahl. No matter what, I shall work to bring about an end to this plague, and if you do the same, we will have a shared objective. I accept your offer for alliance, but there shall be no allegiance. At least, not yet. As for a method of communication between us, I have something planned for that, but it is best if I wait until the closing of our conversation."

"When it comes to these beasts from Zihnn though, I cannot help very much. I am completely unfamiliar with them, and have never seen any of them before except in myth. If I had knowledge on their weaknesses or any other hunting tips, I would inform you, but I have no such knowledge. That must be studied more in depth if it is found prudent. Hopefully we shall come across something in our research here that reveals the secrets we desire. If it is of any use, than they appear to die by steel just as well as any mortal monster, so mundane weapons should serve the purpose with at least decency."

"A spell or two would be great, Lady Nagaraja!" Zuzu pipes up. If the others were now asking for divine favors, the young gnome wouldn't want to miss out!
    After all, the worst that can happen is that Yig will refuse, and Zuzu will be no better nor worse off.
    For the first time, Yig flicks out her tongue and tastes the air. You don't know what that means. "I am capable of magic true, but mine is of a form very different than yours. It is that of magic which is attuned to the Gloaming Jungle of Sylwyth, or what is sometimes known as the Feywilds, which is different from arcane magic, which originates from the Unfathomable Depths of R'lyeh. I don't think anything I know would help you. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post

A look of confusion can be seen on Shadow's face by anyone who looks her way, she looks as though she is trying to piece together some sort of puzzle.

I..if I may ask, I'd like to ask for knowledge of these beasts they speak of. Th..that is of course you are granting devine favor, or boon.
    Yig's tail wriggles the slightest bit, but you are not sure why that is of any significance. "I was not planning on offering any divine favors or boons, and I don't know any of you except for Yaotl well enough to entrust you with such gifts. But so long as what you beseech from me does not carry too great a risk or cost, then I shall supply it readily. But if is knowledge on the things of Zihnn you speak of, then I must unfortunately give you my former answer; I simply do not know much of anything regarding these beasts of Zihnn. "
    -

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu is visibly disappointed, but nevertheless tries his level best to not show it.

"I thought as much, Lady Nagaraja. It's not a problem. Still, if your assistants find any arcane spell scrolls, I would really be very happy if to can get the chance to transcribe them!"
    Now Playing

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Zuzu is visibly disappointed, but nevertheless tries his level best to not show it.

"I thought as much, Lady Nagaraja. It's not a problem. Still, if your assistants find any arcane spell scrolls, I would really be very happy if to can get the chance to transcribe them!"
    Yig regards you politely but quickly, clearly focusing on more grand matters. "If we find any arcane spell formuleas, I will give them to you. I can't expect us to find many though. "

After sensing a moment of silence, Yig sheathes her strange sword and grabs a staff from her back. The stave is made from a dark, red tinted wood that couldn't have come from a tree native to the region. Its head is carved into that of hooded serpent's, but otherwise the rod is largely plain and unremarkable. Something invisible about it though speaks off powers ancient and untold. The snake goddess presents it to Yaotl.

"Earlier your knight friend brought up the valid concern of being unable to contact us easily. This should significantly make things easier. You can use it to beseech for my foresight on the future or contact me. There isn't any special instructions on how to activate it, you will know how use it due to your connection with nature. Hopefully this should help. "

Spoiler: Staff of the Viper
    Show
    Staff, very rare (requires attunement by a druid or ranger)
    anger)

While holding this staff you can use an action to cast Augury, Divination, Commune or Contact Other Plane. Yig shall always be the creature responding to this message. Alternatively, you can cast Sending to send a message to Yig. No material components are required to cast any of these spells. Once you use this property you can't use it again until you complete a long rest.

Also, you can use an action to speak this staff’s command word and throw the staff on the ground within 10 feet of you. The staff becomes a poisonous snake under your control and acts directly after your turn in initiative (if applicable). On your turn you can speak the command word again (no action required), and return the staff to its normal form in the space formerly occupied by the snake.

If you are within 120 ft. of the snake, you can telepathically communicate with it. Additionally, as an action, you can see through the snake's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that it has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

On your turn, you can use a bonus action to telepathically command the snake. You decide what action the snake takes and where it moves during its next turn, or you can issue it a general command, such as to attack your enemies or guard a location.

If the snake is reduced to 0 hit points, it reverts to its staff form and it can't transform into its snake form again until you complete a long rest. At the end of a long rest the snake regains all of its lost hit points.

-

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Yaotl takes the staff, carefully. "Many thanksss. It will be mossst ussseful."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yaotl takes the staff, carefully. "Many thanksss. It will be mossst ussseful."
    Yig continues with her pattern of using minimal body language, which most likely is discomforting to many of you. “Hopefully it will bring you some success. As we are on the same side, any success you make most likely will support me. Do keep that in mind whenever you decide on tactics.”
    -

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Should we go now?" Zuzu whispers to the Knightess. "There is nothing more we can do here. We would just be getting in their way."
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm," the Knightess grunted as Yig spoke. She inclined her head to listen to Zuzu, and nodded. "If there's nothing more to discuss, it seems we are done here, then."

Yvonne gave a short nod of farewell before she turned and began striding away, intending to return to the guards outside. Her expression was stern as she left the pseudogod and her minions behind. It had not been the most satisfactory of meetings, in truth, though at least the strange serpent-woman did not seem to intend harm to Yuria herself.

Yuria. There had never been love lost between Yvonne's family and her's, so it was without regret she had heard of the death of Yuria's father and husband, but she crushed the notions of pleasure at their deaths before the thought could form. That was unworthy of her. The thought of Yuria in danger, being controlled by the shadowy reach of the cult of Umbra, made a tremor of worry and anger flutter through her guts.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"Hmm," the Knightess grunted as Yig spoke. She inclined her head to listen to Zuzu, and nodded. "If there's nothing more to discuss, it seems we are done here, then."

Yvonne gave a short nod of farewell before she turned and began striding away, intending to return to the guards outside. Her expression was stern as she left the pseudogod and her minions behind. It had not been the most satisfactory of meetings, in truth, though at least the strange serpent-woman did not seem to intend harm to Yuria herself.
    Yig responds to you after a notable pause, probably where she carefully considers what she is saying. "No, I don't believe there is anything more to discuss as of now. You may leave if you wish."

Some of the cloaked assassins watch carefully as you stride out of the room, but once you leave they turn their attention to their studies. No one does anything to stop you from leaving.
    -

19. - Top - End - #889

MonkGuy

After a moment Shadow looks around at the group.

A team is only as good as it's weakest member, you should really try to get to know them, and this time, be friendly.

Shadow's expression changes to that of embarrassment.

How was I supposed to know that dwarf was a woman? She was my first dwarf I'd ever seen. She mumbles as she pats her Daos.

My name is Shadow, I'm sorry to have been short at our first meeting, Strazhliadka, my dirty, demands that those who do not allow the dead souls to move on be eliminated. It was hard for me to allow the Necromancer go.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Um," Zuzu pipes up as he leafs through the necromancer's spellbook he retrieved from Anastasia once they are out of sight from Yig and her minions, "she does not seem like a bad guy if she was trying to find a cure. I mean, a lot of the stuff in her spellbook is more healing than actual necromancy. Maybe it would be better to return it to her if we see her again."

More importantly to the gnome though, he feels rather tired, with just two first level spells remaining in his disposal. "So, where do we go to rest? I don't think we are welcome at the inn anymore."
    Now Playing

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"Um," Zuzu pipes up as he leafs through the necromancer's spellbook he retrieved from Anastasia once they are out of sight from Yig and her minions, "she does not seem like a bad guy if she was trying to find a cure. I mean, a lot of the stuff in her spellbook is more healing than actual necromancy. Maybe it would be better to return it to her if we see her again."
    Now that you get a closer look, this book doesn't seem to have any spells that raise the dead at all. Just a variety of healing and curing spells, almost all of which are based on techniques which you are unfamiliar with. The fact that half the formulaes are written in some language you can't understand also complicates things. Lechsinska may not have even summoned the shadows through a spell, it could have been done through a magic item or precasted ritual by someone else.
    -

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpergande78 View Post

How was I supposed to know that dwarf was a woman? She was my first dwarf I'd ever seen. She mumbles as she pats her Daos.

My name is Shadow, I'm sorry to have been short at our first meeting, Strazhliadka, my dirty, demands that those who do not allow the dead souls to move on be eliminated. It was hard for me to allow the Necromancer go.
    Yvonne gave the tabaxi a mildly confused look.
    "...What dwarf? Well, regardless. You've heard my name and house already, no doubt. You may address me as Lady Yvonne or Knightess Yvonne."
    She watched as the cat patted the hilts of her swords. A nervous habit, it seemed.
    "Yig and this Strazhliadka. Any more masters of yours, or is that the full list?"

More importantly to the gnome though, he feels rather tired, with just two first level spells remaining in his disposal. "So, where do we go to rest? I don't think we are welcome at the inn anymore."
    Yvonne snorted, amused at the ignorance of the gnome.
    "Don't be naive, child. Healer or not, that witch is, or was, part of a necromantic cult, and you've seen their work on the innocent people here. Don't think that just because some of their goals might be close to ours that makes them a good person."
    As for where they were to go, Yvonne shrugged.
    "We may have engaged in combat there, but I doubt they'll spurn us. The gods alone only know how they've stayed in business."

23. - Top - End - #893

MonkGuy

Shadow raises an eye at Yvonne at her statement and smiles.

I serve only one patron, that is Strazhliadka. Yig only asked me to help get rid of this accursed plague. As to whom else I serve. I am under the tutelage of Master Dorie, a great monk, whose spirit lives in these Daos, he intends to teach me the way of the Kensei and once I have learned all that he wishes, he will return to his god."
    Last edited by Jrpergande78; 2018-12-19 at 08:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"The Nagaraja did say she was working to find a cure, and was acting at cross purposes with the rest of the order," Zuzu protests.

" She may be our best chance for a cure!"
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

You all start the long walk out of the crypt, the ritual chamber and the foyer. As you stride through the catacombs, the scratching of another unnameable beast accompanied by sad, whale like moans reverberates through. You come across the corpse of the wretched creature you slaughtered, but its body went through a weird process of decaying. It seems like the beast has been drained of all its blood and is sitting in a black puddle that is letting off black smoke which is dispersing into the air around it. The gas smells of the most putrid mix of ozone and rotting flesh, encouraging you to get out of the catacombs as quick as possible.

The ritual room and the foyer remained freakishly just like you left them. It almost seems like the carnage done by you and the servants Vengeful Serpent have made an a mark on this world that shall never leave, and in a way you did. Now that all of the dead bodies have been burned, there is an eerie absence of any sort smell. Neither is there any sound being made or any feeling on your skin. Its as if the only sense that still is active is your sight, which can see nothing but varying shades of gray on the walls and plants.

When you walk outside you are given the consolation of cool wind against your skin and the smell of pine, but still no sounds can be heard. It cannot be natural how quiet these insects are. It is as if they are mourning the dead of the day by showing reverence in their silence. Only then do you recognize that it is beginning to snow in earnest, the slightest frost seasoning the ground. The specks of ice resemble small spikes which point towards you with malevolent intent.

Through the despairing wind and snow you reach the position where Traubon and the rest of his guards are. They have moved from there positions very little and still look upon the fortress in awe. Only Traubon bothers to turn his head to you all and speak. "I see that you all are alive and without major injury. You must have either met well with the serpent god, or not met at all. What did you find out in place of Yig's Wild Hunt?"
    -

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Yvonne breathed in the crisp, silent air. After the corpse-filled halls of the fort, the cramped and narrow tunnels, it was refreshing, and the snow reminded her briefly of the winters in her own far lands. May she return there in glory...

The Lady ignored the rest of the gormless guards in turn as she responded to Trauburn.
    "We spoke to the godling. She claimed the Order of Umbra was researching the Plague, having caused it accidentally when researching some black curse - but I'd hesitate to call them bosom friends as yet," Yvonne ground out sardonically. "A necromancer witch once part of the order managed to flee the fort away from us. I don't imagine your troops-" she cast a scornful look on the assorted spearmen, "-saw her escape."

She finally sheathed her sword, sliding it home with a definite clack.
    "Nonetheless, it was a gruelling endeavour inside. We intend to rest, then to head for the capital forthwith. The good Lady Yuria requires aid."
    Last edited by Awful; 2018-12-27 at 02:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"What she said," Zuzu pipes up. "Is there anywhere near here to get a good's night rest?"
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The Lady ignored the rest of the gormless guards in turn as she responded to Trauburn.
    "We spoke to the godling. She claimed the Order of Umbra was researching the Plague, having caused it accidentally when researching some black curse - but I'd hesitate to call them bosom friends as yet," Yvonne ground out sardonically. "A necromancer witch once part of the order managed to flee the fort away from us. I don't imagine your troops-" she cast a scornful look on the assorted spearmen, "-saw her escape."

She finally sheathed her sword, sliding it home with a definite clack.
    "Nonetheless, it was a gruelling endeavour inside. We intend to rest, then to head for the capital forthwith. The good Lady Yuria requires aid."
    Traubon seems to take in the information solemnly and it takes him a while before he responds in monotone. "It would be no surprise to me if the Order of Umbra did cause the plague, and we already knew that they where studying it. It is good to hear confirmation from The Vigilant Serpent though. "

"As for the escape necromancer, I don't believe we saw such a thing. One of my men-at-arms here, Sir Oznim, said the he saw a ghost rush past him, but it was, you know, a ghost, which is incorporeal, so trying to hit or catch it would do no good. I have no report of a human leaving this site though, which we should have seen because after you went in we surrounded the fortress. "

"And it appears like we will be meeting you at the capital. As you saw earlier, we have demands from Lady Yuria to visit Grimtham. It is good to have people like you are on our side, Lady Yvonne."

"What she said," Zuzu pipes up. "Is there anywhere near here to get a good's night rest?"
    Traubon almost seems to chuckle at this. "We are in the middle of the woods, there is no safe place to take a rest. The closest settlement is Krangar, where you can stay at the Black Sheep Inn. We will be heading back to Krangar too once we are done here, which should be shortly, given how we cannot enter a building marked by a Wild Hunt."
    -

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ok, wake me up when you're about to leave," Zuzu says as he tries to fashion a rather comfortable bed from the fallen leaves in the forest, sets himself down, and closes his eyes.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"Ok, wake me up when you're about to leave," Zuzu says as he tries to fashion a rather comfortable bed from the fallen leaves in the forest, sets himself down, and closes his eyes.
    Traubon speaks without actually looking at you, but is rather directing his eyes to some unknown place in the forest. "You may rest if you would like, but you will not have very much time. We will probably leave within a quarter of an hour, and if not within that time, then within half an hour. Don't spend too much time on that bed."

Despite the fact that he didn't see you making your leaf bed, he knew about it, presumably because he heard you and guessed what you were doing correctly.
    -