New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

Kushiro Inn

Not a small bird, by my understanding. The largest can be a foot long, so a pretty large bird as things go.

"Hoo-poo." There's a negative feeling associated with this particular call, like it means 'no'. It's just here to watch and observe. Until it gets bored, and moves away.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Intersection HQ]

"Right." says the griffin to both responses, jotting something down into a little note-pad with a pencil.
    "So both of you are currently doing just freelance work? Nothing right at this moment?" he asks them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Intersection HQ]

"Just some adventurin' here and there, aye," Michalson says. "I didn't take any jobs before coming 'ere."
    [Intersection HQ]

"Being honest, I haven't really been employed in any way for a long time. There's no salary attached to angelic duties, and minimal actual requirements from my god. I just have to go and be shown off once in a while." That...probably sounds a little weirder than it actually is.

Though there are much worse things to be than the demonstration piece for a deity.

"It's nothing that'd interfere with working here anyway. I have a means of being summoned instantaneously that I'd be happy to let Intersection have, well, as long as it's used appropriately. I would not be best pleased if an officer tried to summon me while I was in the shower."
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2018-05-07 at 11:37 AM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Victory's Secret

Despite having been ignored, Tallia goes about her business as if they had answered her and hums merrily as she steps close and simply begins to measure the both of them piece by piece. "Don'cha worry none, dears. What'v' ails ya, I've got ya cure." She promises as she scrawls little notes about each of them in a small notebook. "What sorta clothin' or armor are ya two lookin' for? An' don't forget, I can enchant any piece ya pick. Also, do ya want ta get matched up like the cute lil' couple ya are?" She asks, grinning from horn to horn.

"I'll toss in a discount if ya do."

As she awaits an answer, she turns to unroll a leather bundle on her counter, showing all sorts of metalworking, leatherworking, and carpentry tools all neatly organized and glowing ever-so-gently.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

Nick nods. "All right, here's the deal. I assume you don't want to wait an especially long time. I can get you two deputized, and maybe get you full badges in a month or two once we're satisfied you've done all your training. How about that?" he asks them.

[Victory's Secret]

Kray tries to look at Eswil but can't really due to Eswil's being on her back. Her horns might pinch Eswil's legs as she cranes her neck.
    "Fairy ex! And what do you mean, break? You don't think she'd-" she looks down at herself. Rassa couldn't possibly make her bigger? Or parts bigger? That wouldn't fit her MO, probably. Maybe. She's not sure.

"Um. We're not a-Eswil's out of my league. I just need some clothes for a few days. " Also Kray's fairly sure she's not into Eswil anymore. Like, she's totally her type, but it's more of a platonic affection than anything else. It's complicated, partially magically induced, and it makes her head hurt.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Victory's Secret

Despite having been ignored, Tallia goes about her business as if they had answered her and hums merrily as she steps close and simply begins to measure the both of them piece by piece. "Don'cha worry none, dears. What'v' ails ya, I've got ya cure." She promises as she scrawls little notes about each of them in a small notebook. "What sorta clothin' or armor are ya two lookin' for? An' don't forget, I can enchant any piece ya pick. Also, do ya want ta get matched up like the cute lil' couple ya are?" She asks, grinning from horn to horn.

"I'll toss in a discount if ya do."

As she awaits an answer, she turns to unroll a leather bundle on her counter, showing all sorts of metalworking, leatherworking, and carpentry tools all neatly organized and glowing ever-so-gently.
    [Victory's Secret]

Kray tries to look at Eswil but can't really due to Eswil's being on her back. Her horns might pinch Eswil's legs as she cranes her neck.
    "Fairy ex! And what do you mean, break? You don't think she'd-" she looks down at herself. Rassa couldn't possibly make her bigger? Or parts bigger? That wouldn't fit her MO, probably. Maybe. She's not sure.

"Um. We're not a-Eswil's out of my league. I just need some clothes for a few days. " Also Kray's fairly sure she's not into Eswil anymore. Like, she's totally her type, but it's more of a platonic affection than anything else. It's complicated, partially magically induced, and it makes her head hurt.
    Victory's Secret

Eswill leans back to avoid being skewered by horns, shifting slightly, but when she leans forward again her hand whips around like the riding crop of an Old World God. Of course with Kray's thick hide and thicker skull she'll probably only accomplish a swift bruising of her own knuckles if she even connects, but it's the intent that matters here.

"Y'idjit! Don't go and talk us out of getting a discount! Friends don't let friends pay full price for really nice, expensive clothes. Besides, it's not like I wasn't being sweet on you too, back when you were a guy. And you'll be a guy again sometime soon so who knows what might happen." She hops down off the cow-girl's shoulders, seemingly unconcerned at the implications of her own statement as she addresses Tallia.

"Kray here needs an attitude adjustment, but she also needs clothes that'll fit no matter what feyish shenanigans might happen to her. If that's too tall an order for a moderate budget, probably just something supportive at the chest and loose elsewhere, so she can grow into it if growing is something that's going to happen. Can always belt it at the waist for fashion's sake."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

"Sounds fine by me," Michalson says. "I've no dark what's involved in trainin' to be a lawman but I've picked up bigger things as I went."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #247

[Intersection HQ]

Seems reasonable enough to Ithuriel. Heck, it seems pretty generous, really!

"Uh, sure, that sounds good to me. What sort of training is involved? And, um-" Ithuriel gives her wings a little shake, "Do you do uniforms that can accommodate wings and transforming into a rhino? When we get them, I mean, after we've earned our badges."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Victory's Secret

Tallia nods with a slight frown, a bit put out that Kray wasn't at least going to pretend to be a couple for her amusement. At the very least she begins writing some notes. "Probbly somethin' a bit Greco-Roman toga like. Loose, light, looks nice even on larger frames an' all." She points out before looking down at the Gobbun with a grin. "An' what about for ya? Don't tell me it's all jus' for her."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

Nick nods. "Yes, we've had to get uniforms for all the therianthropic officers. And myself, though I barely change much myself." he says with a shrug.
    "You'll have to take courses on our laws and protocols, drills, and combat courses. As you are already trained you may take a test in order to skip some courses."

[Victory's Secret]

Kray pretends that Eswil's tiny hit actually did something. She's not a very good actress. Especially not when she's trying to wrap her head around what Eswil just said.
    "Uh, I don't know if it sounds uh, supportive?" she says, trying to use the word Eswil did as she probably is used to those things. She's pretty sure she knows what a toga is. It's too much like a dress for her taste. It's a thing for pretentious scholarly sorts at best.
    "Honestly, I usually just wear pants, but I've been forced to expand my repertoire. Maybe something...simple? And a full set?" Kray unzips her hoodie just enough to make it obvious that she doesn't have anything under it.

10. - Top - End - #250

Spoiler: Victory's Secret
    Show
    Victory's Secret

Tallia nods with a slight frown, a bit put out that Kray wasn't at least going to pretend to be a couple for her amusement. At the very least she begins writing some notes. "Probbly somethin' a bit Greco-Roman toga like. Loose, light, looks nice even on larger frames an' all." She points out before looking down at the Gobbun with a grin. "An' what about for ya? Don't tell me it's all jus' for her."
    [Intersection HQ]

Nick nods. "Yes, we've had to get uniforms for all the therianthropic officers. And myself, though I barely change much myself." he says with a shrug.
    "You'll have to take courses on our laws and protocols, drills, and combat courses. As you are already trained you may take a test in order to skip some courses."

[Victory's Secret]

Kray pretends that Eswil's tiny hit actually did something. She's not a very good actress. Especially not when she's trying to wrap her head around what Eswil just said.
    "Uh, I don't know if it sounds uh, supportive?" she says, trying to use the word Eswil did as she probably is used to those things. She's pretty sure she knows what a toga is. It's too much like a dress for her taste. It's a thing for pretentious scholarly sorts at best.
    "Honestly, I usually just wear pants, but I've been forced to expand my repertoire. Maybe something...simple? And a full set?" Kray unzips her hoodie just enough to make it obvious that she doesn't have anything under it.

The gobbun levels another disapproving look at her increasingly awkward companion, "Togas are gender neutral and can hang any way you like them to. If you insist on something more "manly" then at least go for a kilt or something and wear whatever shorts you're okay with letting shred underneath it. But... given how large Kray's gotten, she's probably right about needing something with chest support. I know my lower back aches a bit just looking at them. I mean her." The gobbun coughs into her hand as her ears droop slightly.

"What I'm looking for depends on what you can do. I've never been in here before, and since I'm not getting a discount I should probably keep my eyes smaller than my stomach."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "Do you ever shut up?" Cassidy is quick to start moving - she doesn't have a lot of time, or bullets. She doesn't need to buy much time navigating the shelves. If she can just keep out of KABAL's stubby little arms for a bit longer, her adept magic will return to her and she'll surely be able to get away after that.
    [Kabal Territory]

"No, talking is much more fun than being quiet." The voice replies as Cassidy starts running. As she rounds one of the shelves she can hear someone opening fire behind her, the bullets burying into the sacks of grains that stood there, causing them to leak out on the floor before her. Though the next shelf in front of her is completely empty, giving her no cover whatsoever for the barrage of bullets that is fired around her.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

"Makes sense, though I'd like to keep my revolver," Michalson says. "It's... well, I'm still crackin' the dark of how it works or what it is, but I've paid an arm and a leg to get it. Almost literally."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #253

[Intersection HQ]

Angel-appropriate uniforms! Hooray! "Yeah, Michalson raises a good point there. Are we okay to supplement the official uniform and equipment with our own gear? My swords have been at my side for a long time. It'd be a shame to have to hang them up. Although I've no objections to learning how to use Intersection's preferred equipment first and only resorting to the swords in appropriately dire circumstances."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Victory's Secret

Tallia can't help but frown a bit, both out of disappointment and thought. "We don't really sell potato sacks here, Darlin'. Can't get much simpler than a toga." She explains. "Now, if ya mean somethin' casual, like jeans and a top or two, then yeah, that we got." She points out, gesturing to a rack on the far wall with blouses, tank tops, and jeans of all sorts of shapes and sizes. "An' chest support? Well, got an array of holsters, cups, an' more. An' I can enchant jus' about everythin' here in a number of ways to make sure it'll always fit ya. I'll just need a coupla hairs from ya head." She explains to Kray before grinning to the Gobbun. "Aw, shucks. Don' worry about it! Be a good sport an' have a bit of fun and who knows, maybe I'll still give ya that discount."

Not for Kray though. Kray isn't being fun about it!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

"If you wish to bring your own weapons you need to sign some forms and provide them for inspection to ensure that they are up to our standards. Also know that you will be expected to have options ready for non-lethal means, as we don't chop people up for petty crimes." he says, not...accusingly, but simply with a stern way of making sure this is understood entirely.

[Victory's Secret]

Kray seems confused. "Large? Eswil, I've gotten smaller, you know that. I'm at least-oh. You mean like that." she grumbles, crossed arms slowly raising to her chest as she looks down. "It's not that bad." she insists. Maybe she's right. Maybe Eswil just doesn't have enough experience with Kray's species' average proportions. Or maybe there is a slight dull ache in Kray's back she's ignoring. Still, she does look at the shopkeep hoping for support there.
    But there's other things to worry about, too.
    "I'm sorry, Ma'am. I'm a mercenary and I've never really had a fashion sense outside of being practical or trying to look professional. I hope you can bear with me. And uh Eswil, maybe you could help with the uh, support stuff." This is all very confusing to her.

16. - Top - End - #256

Victory's Secret

Tallia can't help but frown a bit, both out of disappointment and thought. "We don't really sell potato sacks here, Darlin'. Can't get much simpler than a toga." She explains. "Now, if ya mean somethin' casual, like jeans and a top or two, then yeah, that we got." She points out, gesturing to a rack on the far wall with blouses, tank tops, and jeans of all sorts of shapes and sizes. "An' chest support? Well, got an array of holsters, cups, an' more. An' I can enchant jus' about everythin' here in a number of ways to make sure it'll always fit ya. I'll just need a coupla hairs from ya head." She explains to Kray before grinning to the Gobbun. "Aw, shucks. Don' worry about it! Be a good sport an' have a bit of fun and who knows, maybe I'll still give ya that discount."

Not for Kray though. Kray isn't being fun about it!
    [Intersection HQ]

"If you wish to bring your own weapons you need to sign some forms and provide them for inspection to ensure that they are up to our standards. Also know that you will be expected to have options ready for non-lethal means, as we don't chop people up for petty crimes." he says, not...accusingly, but simply with a stern way of making sure this is understood entirely.

[Victory's Secret]

Kray seems confused. "Large? Eswil, I've gotten smaller, you know that. I'm at least-oh. You mean like that." she grumbles, crossed arms slowly raising to her chest as she looks down. "It's not that bad." she insists. Maybe she's right. Maybe Eswil just doesn't have enough experience with Kray's species' average proportions. Or maybe there is a slight dull ache in Kray's back she's ignoring. Still, she does look at the shopkeep hoping for support there.
    But there's other things to worry about, too.
    "I'm sorry, Ma'am. I'm a mercenary and I've never really had a fashion sense outside of being practical or trying to look professional. I hope you can bear with me. And uh Eswil, maybe you could help with the uh, support stuff." This is all very confusing to her.
    Victory's Secret

Eswill nods, her expression softening as she finally lets up on tormenting and needling her companion, "I would go with a tank top or t-shirt in this weather, it's muggy and you haven't experienced ick until you've had slick furred under-bust sweat. Something that breathes really well. As for your support, go with something that looks nice and feels better, and don't worry about it looking too girly because you are one right now, and I doubt you intend to show it to anyone anyway so how it looks doesn't matter. Though if you do, at least it'll be nice then." And now she's right back into Maternal Lecture Mode, "As for me, if you can enchant the clothes to fit the person, could you do something so I can fit into some bigger clothes?" The bun extends her heels, pushing herself to be as tall as she can which isn't very tall at all, "I'd like to be able to function better in a world built mostly for people standing from six to nine feet high."

She softly grumbles so only those with fantastic hearing can pick up the rest, "Without having to jump for everything up high or get lost behind crowds."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2018-05-15 at 08:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Victory's Secret

Kray will be let go to find clothing that she likes now that Tallia has shown her where the clothing was, but Eswill gets a grin and a great big hug. "Awww. No don't fret a thing I can do that just well. I mean, it ain't exactly easy or the most durable enchantment, but go an' pick yerself something nice, maybe even frilly, an' I can get to work. Pick an entire outfit." She says, giving the Gobbun a tight squeeze before setting her down so she can go collect clothing as well.

After that she'll wander over to Kray and check and see how she's doing. If she hasn't been able to pick out a bra, the storeowner will pick out a blue one for her. "S'already took yer measurements after all, so this should fit jus' fine. Any enchantments ya lookin' for or wantin'? And what kinda mercenary work you're doin'? I could work up a nice set of armor for you."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Victory's Secret]

Kray sheepishly takes the garment from the store-owner. She's been trying to get a tank-top and cotton pants or jeans (she hasn't decided).
    "Well, Eswil is insisting that I could be changing proportions in the near future, so some flexibility would be nice there, maybe. Especially if I go back to being myself soon. And otherwise, I dunno, I suppose Eswil has a point about the sweat..."
    She blinks.
    "I mostly lead engineers for MERC, but I still do frontline stuff sometimes. I only ever have used leather-reinforced pants and a breastplate...neither of which would fit me right now. Durable and light are my usual qualifications." She's still a bit uncomfortable about the whole scenario, but the saleswoman does have a disarming nature.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

[Intersection HQ]

"I got non-lethal, no problem," Michalson says with a nod. "Just, uh, a word of warnin'. Whoever catches a skeg at my gun ought to be real careful about it."

20. - Top - End - #260

[Intersection HQ]

Ithuriel can't help staring blankly at Michalson for a moment. His slang has reached a stage beyond her comprehension. Does that mean it's bad to...look at his gun? Is that it? She scratches her head for a moment before coughing awkwardly and turning her attention back to Nick. "Oh, yes, of course. Swords are an absolute last resort. I look forward to learning some more non-lethal methods of resolving conflicts - it's not an area of knowledge I'm completely lacking in, but I could certainly do with knowing more. I'm grateful for the opportunity."

21. - Top - End - #261

The Gate

"And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder
    One of the four beasts saying,
    'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse"

A worn-down white pickup truck outside the city draws close to the gate. The driver, a silver-bearded old man in orange-tinted aviators and a blue Riverside Ravens ballcap, is arguing with the passenger in the back, a miserable, hungover lump lying beneath a pile of blankets, adamantly refusing to acknowledge the bright, sunny day all around him, wallowing in ennui and self-pity. Typical, really. "The timing was all wrong last time, you know? We did the best we could, but given the circumstances...well, I'm sure people will understand. Things will be better this time. W̵͎̪̯͉͍ȩ̤̭̘ͅ will be better this time," the driver insists, pausing only for a moment to flick a locust from the corner of his mouth. Stupid damned things are always creeping out from between his teeth. The miserable pile of blankets in the back just mumbles and groans in response, and wriggles in the seat, pressing their head into the seat, as if they could burrow into it with enough determination, like a maggot sinking into a fresh cadaver.

"Yes, well...that's some wonderful, colorful language you've got there, mister, but remember, you agreed to do this. Coming back was your idea. All this moaning and bitching you're doing now? It doesn't change any of that. We're here. We're b̸̫̻͕̥̥a̞̯̲͙̫̝c̛k̙͍̭͉." The indecipherable aforementioned griping and complaining increases in volume, as if one last desperate burst of sass and attitude will convince the driver to turn them around and go back to the empty void they came from. It doesn't. The driver stops at the front gate, unsure what government is in charge these days, or if there's anyone at all to tell him if he can or can't enter the city. Is it divided into factions now; will the uniforms of the customs officers depend upon whether they came from the North or the South? Not that any of this really matters, of course. This is all just formalities, really. They'll find someone to talk to sooner or later. They could've teleported in, ignored the door. Could've come into the city on a comet, like the last two times, or awoken in a forgotten secret cloning vat. The end result is the same, really. The man in the backseat of this pickup truck is back (whether he wants to be or not), and the Nexus better be ready for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Cookware Store

"Thank you for your time, madam." Ezra turns to leave. "I have found the information I needed, are you ready to go?" he asks Onora
    The cashier rolls her eyes the moment Ezra turns away, going right back to the book she'd had on the desk.

Onora is feeling along a ceramic saucepan. "Oh, um, yeah, I guess so. I don't really need anything here." She shrugs and puts the pan back on its hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Kushiro Inn

Not a small bird, by my understanding. The largest can be a foot long, so a pretty large bird as things go.

"Hoo-poo." There's a negative feeling associated with this particular call, like it means 'no'. It's just here to watch and observe. Until it gets bored, and moves away.
    Keiko looks at the bird some more, but she can't figure out exactly how it got here. "...Very well. This palce is home to more strange occurrences than I had thought."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Kabal Territory]

"No, talking is much more fun than being quiet." The voice replies as Cassidy starts running. As she rounds one of the shelves she can hear someone opening fire behind her, the bullets burying into the sacks of grains that stood there, causing them to leak out on the floor before her. Though the next shelf in front of her is completely empty, giving her no cover whatsoever for the barrage of bullets that is fired around her.
    "Of fragging course it is." Cassidy dives through the empty shelf in front of her, and after rolling with the landing, she turns around and kicks it over, hoping to provide an obstacle at the very least. Her pistol is out of its holster again, though with only eight bullets left, she'll need to be mindful.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Cookware Store

Ezra exits the store and after making sure Onora is following, leads the way back to the shuttle, which hopefully hasn't been stolen or broken into in the time they were gone.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

[The Gate]

The pickup truck does draw the attention of the Intersection officers guarding the gates and considering the air of weirdness surrounding it, they end up sending one of the new detectives to check it first. Since he's also pretty weird and knows more about magic than many actual wizards they've met.

"Pardon me, sir, but we'll 'ave to check this 'ere truck," he says, slowly, paying attention to his accent and not saying anything a person outside Sigil would have trouble understanding.

Michalson's a lanky, tall half-elf with a short beard and hair, wearing a shirt and vest of an Intersection officer, but also the sword and revolver he brought with him onto the force. There's a paid of goggles on his forehead and a tool-belt around his waist.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Gate

Michalson isn't the only one watching the truck. From further away, a blue-skinned alien man watches the exchange through a high-tech telescope. His dark purple hair is pulled back into a ponytail, and he wears bright red robes with gold trim, not the most inconspicuous garb. A curved sword hangs in a scabard from his belt, the hilt a jagged black piece of metal set with numerous amethyst stones. Next to it are three pistols of various shapes and sizes.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-05-21 at 06:40 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Alleyway- Interaction Wanted

There's a half-orc here, quite a weedy one. He's got khaki-coloured skin, no hair and a small tusk on the left side of his mouth. He's wearing a long coat and dungarees, and he's curled on the floor surrounded by small bags of rainbow-coruscating dust. He's also whimpering, as eight fairies beat him with hob-nailed boots and club-shaped wands. The fairies are muscular, six-inches tall, male and wearing frilly pink tutus (and heavy boots).

"No pixie dust! Got it?" Is repeated several times, by various fairies involved in the beating.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Gate]

The pickup truck does draw the attention of the Intersection officers guarding the gates and considering the air of weirdness surrounding it, they end up sending one of the new detectives to check it first. Since he's also pretty weird and knows more about magic than many actual wizards they've met.

"Pardon me, sir, but we'll 'ave to check this 'ere truck," he says, slowly, paying attention to his accent and not saying anything a person outside Sigil would have trouble understanding.

Michalson's a lanky, tall half-elf with a short beard and hair, wearing a shirt and vest of an Intersection officer, but also the sword and revolver he brought with him onto the force. There's a paid of goggles on his forehead and a tool-belt around his waist.
    [The Gate]

Accompanying Michalson is the ever-glowy angel, Ithuriel. To accomodate her Intersection officer's cap, her usually free-flowing hair has been tied back in a ponytail. She's wearing the standard Intersection uniform, though she looks notably more loaded for bear with both a pair of swords, a handgun, a baton and a couple of sets of handcuffs all securely holstered/sheathed/etc. around her belt. Several of her shirt pockets look like they might have other doohickeys in them as well. A little excessive, perhaps, but Ithuriel likes to be well equipped.

Holding a clipboard in hand, she moves beside Michalson to the driver-side window. "And while my partner is checking your truck, I have a series of simple questions I'm going to need to run through with you if you don't mind, sir."

28. - Top - End - #268

The Gate

The driver rolls down the window for the Intersection officers. At such a close range, some details about the driver and his vehicle are more obvious than they were a few moments ago. The driver is a pale, bald human, with a worn, wrinkled face and beard that goes down to his sternum. There's something vaguely familiar about that face though, like it might've been on the news or appeared on television a few years back. Was he a movie star? A bigshot corporate excutive? A wanted supercriminal? We forget our heroes so easily these days, and that goes double for our villains.

"As I live and b̀͜ŕ̶̨̧è͘͟͠͠a͜҉̛t̛͜͟h̶́͘͜e̛̕͜!" the driver exclaims with a dramatic gasp and an abrupt surge of aetheric energies, lifting up his orange-tinted aviators to peek at the half-elf with his own vibrant yellow irises. Michalson Razortooth, it is so wonderful to see a familiar face. Good to see you're doing well in spite of everything." That's...that's definitely the wrong last name. Razortooth is the surname of that goblin who runs the neutral mercenary collective, not the half-elf standing beside the driver. Also, what's 'in spite of everything' supposed to mean? "Do whatever you need to do, officers, we have nothing to hide. Ithuriel, you are, of course, looking as lovely as ever. You remember my brother?" the driver grins, allowing the leg of something vaguely insectoid to poke out from the corner of his mouth for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it fraction of a second. He gestures towards the lump in the backseat of the car, so I assume that's the driver's brother lying underneath all of those blankets. The lump doesn't seem quite so chummy or cooperative as his brother, however. He doesn't even poke his head out for even a moment, not even to say hi to old acquaintances and former employees.

"I'm sorry, he had something of a rough night. We had a few drinks, got kicked out of a few bars, another catgirl tried to shoot him, you know how it is," the old man apologizes, shaking his head in sympathy. Does she, though? Does she really know how it is, mister driver? Is getting shot at by catgirls really that common an occurrence for others that they could respond to that with an 'oh yeah, I've been there before, buddy?' Does she even know either of you? I have some strong doubts that anyone in the general vicinity has even spoken to you prior to this encounter, and yet...somehow I can't seem to shake the sense that I've seen your face all over this city before. Who are you?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-05-21 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #269

Victory's Secret

Kray will be let go to find clothing that she likes now that Tallia has shown her where the clothing was, but Eswill gets a grin and a great big hug. "Awww. No don't fret a thing I can do that just well. I mean, it ain't exactly easy or the most durable enchantment, but go an' pick yerself something nice, maybe even frilly, an' I can get to work. Pick an entire outfit." She says, giving the Gobbun a tight squeeze before setting her down so she can go collect clothing as well.

After that she'll wander over to Kray and check and see how she's doing. If she hasn't been able to pick out a bra, the storeowner will pick out a blue one for her. "S'already took yer measurements after all, so this should fit jus' fine. Any enchantments ya lookin' for or wantin'? And what kinda mercenary work you're doin'? I could work up a nice set of armor for you."
    [Victory's Secret]

Kray sheepishly takes the garment from the store-owner. She's been trying to get a tank-top and cotton pants or jeans (she hasn't decided).
    "Well, Eswil is insisting that I could be changing proportions in the near future, so some flexibility would be nice there, maybe. Especially if I go back to being myself soon. And otherwise, I dunno, I suppose Eswil has a point about the sweat..."
    She blinks.
    "I mostly lead engineers for MERC, but I still do frontline stuff sometimes. I only ever have used leather-reinforced pants and a breastplate...neither of which would fit me right now. Durable and light are my usual qualifications." She's still a bit uncomfortable about the whole scenario, but the saleswoman does have a disarming nature.
    Victory's Secret

Eswill scampers off to find something she likes, but in the back of her mind she keeps what the shopkeeper said about it not being a very durable enchantment. That doesn't sound like something she'd want to risk failing at an inopportune time, so the boundary conditions would be something she'd have to know more about before committing herself to it.

Still, the clothes are very pretty here, and it wouldn't do not to buy anything before she left with such an accommodating owner.

Within a few minutes she'll be back with an outfit not terribly unlike her current getup, but in a color she hadn't had much exposure to previously. The dark purple with gold accents and filigree has quite the royal look to it, and the material is strong, that much she can tell. Hopefully it will breathe well with her fur and won't look too awkward over it. The pieces she chose were a daring, belly-exposing crop top, a similarly styled skirt that only went to midthigh on her, and a pair of padded slippers that were the only thing she could find that would slip easily over her hind paws without digging deep into the shoe section. As a last minute impulse she snatched up one last thing, a silken purple choker without much in the way of adornment or lace, seemingly a solid band of cloth that had a sneaky catch in the back hidden beneath an inside fold and concealed as a stitch.

"If I can get the enchantment on one thing instead of the whole outfit, I'd like it on the neck band. That way I can wear other clothes and still fit in better when I'm out and about."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

[The Gate]

Michalson has to hold himself back from giving his normal answers to a weird stranger claiming to know him. "Ain't never seen you before, cutter", or "Who are you again, berk?". He's a hardhead now, so he has to talk like one.

"'Fraid you're confusin' me with someone, sir," he says. "I just need to see the dazz- the magic on your truck."

He puts the goggles onto his head and leans in close to examine the truck. They're not a very precise instrument, but they let him perceive the ebb and flow of supernatural forces to a degree. He's got more tools at hand, but this is a preliminary examination.