New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: In Nomine: Los Angeles (IC)

The picture of Thachael and his Red Lady still sat on the bed, atop the covers, looking as if someone had tossed it there out of hand. Upon closer inspection, the frame had been broken as well, and the corner of the picture jutted out precariously as the whole thing threatened to come undone at the slightest nudge. What really drew his eye, however, was the thin white stripe of a folded piece of paper jammed into the back of the frame to be hidden between the picture itself and the cork backing of the frame.

As Malchiel approached, his foot clipped something solid hidden just out of sight under the bed and obscured by dangling sheets and comforters.
    Maybe the forensic team hadn't done such a good job after all.
    The Angel of Eli paused, then took a step back and leaned over. Moving the comforter and sheets, Mel leaned down to inspect the "solid object." He first just visually looked it over, including whether its placement under the bed was haphazard or informative. Then, once satisfied, he pulled it from its hiding place and lifted it onto a surface (preferably level and not dotted with blood).

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Khalil follows the wretched Calabim from a distance, using all the P.I. tricks he had learned in his short years. He kept his distance as much as possible, using people, parking lots, and street vendors to keep him hidden. He would use mirrors and glass storefronts to keep an eye on him, burying his face in his phone with the brightness turned down to obscure his face. Of course the camera was on so he could see where he was going and more importantly, zoom in on the Calabim while taking videos and pictures. He also made sure his phone was completely silent, because that would be downright embarrassing. Khalil kept an eye on the smoke when he couldn't see him. He

Khalil texts Harry his exact location to the best of his ability. [Hurry, I need your birdbrain. He's in an alley smoking. Chinese, Mohawk, suicide vest. Can't miss him.]

Khalil couldn't risk going into the alley blind, he'd scope it out from across the street.
    Last edited by XIII; 2018-05-07 at 02:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by XIII View Post
    Khalil texts Harry his exact location to the best of his ability. [Hurry, I need your birdbrain. He's in an alley smoking. Chinese, Mohawk, suicide vest. Can't miss him.]
    An odd sight for any onlookers (though there shouldn't be any): a pigeon, hearing the buzz from the phone it carries, alights upon a building roof. It puts down the phone, looks at it, does a few pecks, then flies off, again holding it.
    Not the most obvious clues... but alleys near Brighton House, or near the proximity... well, he'd be on the lookout for celestial noise or the sounds of a fight.

Spoiler: OOC/edit
    Show

Just realized (a while after writing the above) that XIII probably meant Khalil texted the location + the actual text in red, not that the text in red is the "exact location to the best of his ability".
    I reckon it still takes Harry a little time, so I'll let Erulasto say when I arrive. I got pretty good on Tracking and Perception rolls, but I realize low Int & Precision should probably add a bit of time.

I am going to strive to not check the forums tonight, since I have a final exam tomorrow and need to sleep. So probably checking tomorrow afternoon if no developments before I leave work today.

Also, if Harry finds them, he does put his phone down on a roof before diving in or checking in with Khalil. He'll land near Khalil to take his lead on action if no fight has started yet. Feel free to RP either 1) Harry landing near Khalil and following his lead, but being willing to ambush-peck OR 2) Harry seeing Khalil & Cao fighting, and diving in to attack. Or, I hope not... 3) Harry finding a burning crater with a hopefully-alive Khalil, then diving in to help defend his friend
    I hope he's not immune to fire, but I suspect Cao Shen probably is.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-07 at 01:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

ADAM’S OFFICE

Sarah

Adam pursed his lips at Sarah’s explanation of Adele’s strange behavior as a matter of fact. It wasn’t the answer he was obviously hoping for, though if she looked, Rezzael was stifling a small grin. It seemed even the Malakim of Judgement was a bit more inclined to want to believe in the Ofanim’s innocence.

”Yes, yes, yes…” Adam said, almost dismissively. ”I’ll grant that the Servitors of Wind are…erratic by their very natures, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that they don’t, by and large, associate with known Enemies of Heaven.” That may have been a stretch, but the prejudice of Judgement was shining through, bright as day – and it was obvious that Adam shared his Superior’s opinion that Uriel should have been allowed to finish his Purity Crusade rather than allow any Ethereals to still exist on any realm.

When Sarah asked about solid evidence, Adam scoffed – the scowl rising to prominence on his face. ”Is it not that much of a stretch to assume that Adele associating with a…creature…such as Inanna – one who openly flaunts her so-called neutrality between Heaven and Hell – is only one or two steps away from find herself on the wrong side of the War?”

Adam sighed heavily – perhaps it was a tactic to elicit some sympathy – and leaned back in his chair once more. ”Mayhaps, if you are such close friends with Adele, you may want to try and help her, help herself. If she is toeing the line, would it not be the responsible thing to do to help her save herself?”

Rezzael was frowning by now, and turned his back on the conversation with a soft growl and frustrated shake of his head. Adam seemed to catch the gesture, a frown of his own replacing the calm demeanor he had been trying to achieve, though he said nothing of the Malakim’s snub.
    Instead, his attention was returned to Sarah.

”We will suspend our investigation into Adele…for the time being. Especially since no one has any idea where she is…save perhaps her Ethereal friend. But…..I expect you will be forthcoming if you find any information that we can use to shepard a wayward member of our flock. ”

With that, Adam turns back to his computer and resumed working on whatever he had been upon her arrival – fingers dancing across the keyboard. An obvious dismissal, if Sarah had ever experienced one.

THACHAEL’S LOFT

Malchiel

Beneath the bed sat a heavy, leather-bound book. It was several inches thick – likely close to a thousand pages – and was almost a foot in length down the spine. The old leather was a faded flesh-tone, capped with rusted iron clasps and bindings. It was covered in dust, but Malchiel noticed several scratches along the surface of the wooden floor beneath the bed. If it had been here originally, someone had slid it along the floor to bury it deeper out of sight of casual observers. It reeked of intent.

When Malchiel touched the leather with his fingers, he felt a thrum of essence from within that caused the tips of his fingers to tingle like he had touched a spark and yet leave a strange, numbing cold behind. The book was frighteningly heavy as he hefted it out from under the bed, and onto a level surface. It was exquisitely made, his craftsman’s eye told him, but the creator was not a pleasant thing – for it was now revealed that the old leather was, in all likelihood, human skin. In fact, it was a face. The lips were sewn shut, and the eyes and nostrils pinned closed with thick iron rivets.

It appeared to be locked, though the metal clasp had no key hole – instead, it held a small indent with a rusty metal pin sticking up. A cursory glance would levy the assumption the indent would fit a fingertip perfectly.

A FEW BLOCKS FROM BRIGHTON HOUSE

Halalambos

Mercy hummed thoughtfully, and mentioned the potential use of the Song of Form, or various Numinous Corpus that could alter a host – or a vessel – in any number of ways, including making one look like someone else. But it was all speculation on her part. She told Harry she’d put some thought into it and ask around, see what she could find out for him.

When he leaves, Hanna barely acknowledges his departure – simply relaxing and listening to Prayer by Bon Jovi.

The text he gets while he’s flying from Khalil spurs him to swifter flight, and soon he’s circling above the aforementioned alley while Khalil watches the Calabim speaking to two men and a rather tough looking woman.

Khalil Dhali

The Calabin simply stood there smoking for a few moments, before abruptly banging on one of the thick metal security doors that led into the back of a restaurant. It took a moment or two, but eventually the door popped open and a trio of individuals stepped out. One was a thickset man, somewhat short, in biker’s leathers. The second was a tall, athletic woman with a hawkish nose and sharp, narrow eyes. She was wearing a heavy overcoat, and an obvious Kevlar vest bulged beneath. Her jaw-length hair was worn scruffy beneath a burgundy touque. The third man who stepped out was immediately – and terrifyingly recognizable to Khalil. It was the black-eyed man in the turtleneck from the Oblivion Club the night before. He was still in the turtleneck, though this one was a pale, charcoal grey. His slacks were black still, and his long hair (still shaved at the sides) was tied back into a small man-bun. He was distinctly taller than all the rest.

The Calabim grinned widely as they stepped out, and began talking to the three of them – though the tall man in the turtleneck wasn’t joining in on the conversation. The other two seemed quite amused by the story the Servant of Belial was regaling them with.

Khalil Dhali and Haralambos

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I held off on applying Harry’s dive-bomb as I wasn’t 100% sure you were going to watch to leap into a brawl here. But effectively the two of you are now together in the scene.

As Khalil lurked just out of sight on the other end of the street from the opening of the alley, he heard a sudden fluttering of wings as a rather surprisingly healthy looking pigeon desceded to land upon a nearby car. He recognized the patterns of feathers as Haralambos.

This evened the odds somewhat.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Show
    Yay. Just in time before logging off from work. And, yeah, if Khalil not fighting yet, Harry waits. Save that roll for if Khalil wants me to jump in. I like the idea of attacking while he'd have to fry his allies to do his suicide vest.

Harry flies down and quietly chirps, with jovial feelings of the hunt he's previously shared with his friend, "Hiya. I put Lee down earlier, and I should get back to Hanna soon, and I might be killing one of the Lebedevs later on tonight. That Cao Shen? Should we put him and his buddies down, too? Um, my Seraphic senses are fried right now, but I can still fight.

...or you need to investigate more? Your call, buddy.
    "

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, Harry." Khalil greets him with a smile, but speaks in hushed tones. "Good stuff, sounds like you've been busy doing good works, I might want in on that action later. We have much to talk about, lets focus on the task for now. No telling if any are left inside or how much attention we'd draw here..." Khalil's mind wandered for a split second, thinking of how Gabriel would smile warmly upon him if he turned that murderer's device against him and his allies. "Hey... Could you get on the roof and drop the heaviest thing you can find on mohawk? It almost pains me to give up all the glory, but watching them all explode would be worth it, Gabriel forgive me. If the bomb is legit, that'll potentially solve our demon problems." An interrogation would be nice, but Khalil would make do with going through what's left of their pockets and then raiding the building. IF this Hannah-Barbara plan worked, of course. "If that doesn't work, we do my favorite thing: play it by ear. That always works..."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah studiously ignored the room's obvious tension. Best to get out while the getting was good. She just stood up, and politely said her farewells.

"Thanks for keeping me informed. I assure you that Adele's well-being is very important to me."

The Truth of that sentence resonated clearly. Her thoughts were already a swirl of worries. The dark clouds followed her out of Adam's office, and through the well lit hallways. Judgement's concerns about loyalty were obviously wrong. Adele was absolutely on Heaven's side. Her smile alone could ease the burdens of a weary soul. But she also had burdens of her own. Why hadn't she told Sarah about any of this? Why hadn't she asked for help? Maybe because she didn't want to involve a friend in her problems. That kind of foolish move was...exactly the kind that Sarah did too. If she were in serious trouble, wouldn't she also try to keep those she cherished away from it?

The timing here could hardly be worse. Sarah was stretched so very thin. But this was Adele. If Sarah didn't at least check on her, the anxiety would grow and grow. Back in her car, she extracted her second phone yet again. Her finger shook a little as she dialled Adele's number. 'Shepherd a wayward member of our flock', indeed! Adam would never understand.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Harry hops back and forth in anxious expectation at the plan.
    "Sounds good. Hmm... heavy... I guess I can just tear off a chunk of something if I don't find something.
    If he doesn't go boom, be ready to charge in fighting.

Um, you have any idea if those others are human or demon? I guess they clearly work with him, and the demons already killed innocents, so killing a few demon-friends is okay today."

After the answer, Harry flies up to look for something to drop. With all his celestial might funneled through the tiny body, this is of course far greater than a pigeon should be able to lift. Once an appropriate weapon is found, Harry drops it on Cao Shen. Hmm... those motorcycles look nice. Maybe one has diabolical patterns on it.

Show

I guess I'll use that attack roll from earlier now. I'll let Erulasto decide what skill, penalties, defaulting, etc. applies to dropping a large something on top of someone as a pigeon.

This is a crazy idea, but could I lift a motorcycle? Given the thug-ish area, I reckon a motorcycle is within an easy block of here, and that's large, has gasoline, and is bulky enough to do some real damage but not so huge it'll clog up the alleywall (like a car might.)
    I reckon a bodybuilder could lift a motorcycle, and Harry is well above human peaks, so seems reasonable.

I don't want to tip them off via the noise ripping a chimney would make.

Lastly, how does damage from things like a huge explosive work? I can see Harry having seen such in his original mission, so in short does he have an idea of if a block of C-4 can one-shot him or not?

EDIT: my attack roll was a 5 (so should work with Throwing of TN Agility - 1, if that's what's appropriate), with damage of 5 (+ motorcycle Power?). I guess surprise and attack from above might help my TN, if it matters.
    Errata Question: in the rulebook, it looks like Large Weapons covers all heavy weapons. Unlike Small Weapons or Firearms. But in the FAQ or errata, I forget which, it says you specialize with Heavy Weapons, too. Wanted to check what your ruling is.
    As an in-between, I could see it fair to say that you get your skill bonus when using what you train in, but you don't get the defaulting penalty if using a non-specialized weapon. Also for small weapons & firearms. A dude who knows rifles well might not be especially good with a pistol, but it seems he'd be better with a pistol than someone completely untrained in firearms. ...but default rules are fine. I just dislike it when you have to put points into multiple skills to use whatever is at hand.
    I'm also picturing my pigeon form wielding a motorcycle as a weapon... but that seems too absurd.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-08 at 09:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

THE BURDENS OF A WHITE-COLLAR ANGEL

Sarah

Rezzael gave Sarah a brief nod as a farewell, meeting her gaze for but a moment before she slipped out the door. She hadn’t made it more than ten steps away when she heard the muffled shouting begin. Tension was, perhaps, an understatement. It appeared the local Triad of Judgement had some in-house problems that needed to be sorted – and it was a sobering thought when the Malakim wasn’t trusting in the Seraph’s judgement. Now was not the time for this sort of interpersonal conflict.

Not now, anyhow.

She sat in her car, staring at the number on her phone before dialing.

It rang once. That was normal.

Twice. Adele always answered by the second ring.

Thrice. As tension and worry knotted in her gut, the line was answered.

”Sarah.” The voice purred across the phone. It wasn’t Adele.

The Bright Lilim couldn’t place the woman’s voice – she had never heard it before. The voice was thick with a foreign accent that Sarah couldn’t immediately place, though it held reminiscent tones of the old Persian tongues, and it was sultry. Not in the same way that Selena’s voice dripped with sexuality, but more…cultured perhaps? It held a musical lilt to it, and it was warm and friendly, but Sarah could sense a sharp undercurrent.

[b]”It is so good to finally speak with you. Adele has told me so much about you.” There is a mirthful laugh buried within her words. Whomever this strange, exotic woman was, she was thoroughly pleased with this development.

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE….LAKEWOOD

Haralambos and Khalil Dhali

It seemed that, here and now, the first significant engagement of a revitalized War in Los Angeles would take place. Tucked in an alley between an apartment complex and a Boston-style Pizzeria.

As Harry looks about, he perceives a rather sleek looking motorcycle painted a pearlescent red and black and bearing an engraving of a pentagram on the gas tank. It’s fantastic construction, looking like it drove right out of a show room and certainly not looking like it should be just sitting by a park near a pizzeria.

The man in the turtleneck leaves the trio and slips a bit further back into the alley and both Khalil and Haralambos hear the musical tone of essence being spent. The man in the turtleneck begins to unravel as he sheds his corporeal vessel.

Show

Okay. Here’s what we’ll do.

1. Harry has a strength of 11. I’d say that since this is listed as exceptional even for a Celestial, that you could lift a motorcycle. It may be a bit awkward, but you could do it. I don’t recall there being any actual tables relating carrying capacity to strength, but I only did a quick glance at the Errata and FAQ’s.
    2. If you want to throw it at them, it’d require a check against your Throwing skill, or whatever the default is. You can just drop it on them, if you want, but in that case I’d give them a Perception roll to see if they notice the motorcycle floating above them. Heh That all being said, your prior roll would allow a hit if the throw is the direction you choose to go. If not:
    3. You can keep your prior roll to attack (the one you listed as a dive bomb) for a future attack, if you’d like.
    4. I’m fine with what the FAQ or Errata say about being able to specialize in Heavy weapons as well. I’m okay with the individual specializations like that overall. I like to think I’m pretty lenient.
    I hope this is considered a fair ruling.
    If you’d both remind me of your agility – alas, I don’t have an opportunity to check your sheets at the moment.

On a side note, I looked into the damage for explosions and couldn’t find anything on my first glance aside from a derivative site of the Steve Jackson games website with what appeared to be some house rules. The rule of thumb on there was 6D6 damage, with the damage reduced by 1D6 for every range increment of the explosion past the initial ground zero. This was for things like TNT, or whatnot – it’s likely that the dead-man’s vest will be a more significant explosion than that. But it’s going to be really noisy on both a literal and Symphonic level.

Hope I covered everything.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Big Trouble

Fitting to destroy that vehicle, ideally along with a demon.
    The pigeon flies down at stark speed, clinging the motorcycle in its talons as it quickly ascends, hoping to avoid onlookers. Perhaps any who notice it will just put it to shock after whatever happens next.
    At the feeling of essence being spent, Haralambos hurries on delivery, hurling the motorcycle at the Demon of Fire and his lackeys, aiming for the Calabim's head.

Harry's sad to see that the turtle-neck guy left. A shame one more won't meet their end.

Show

All that sounds cool, and thanks for letting me know before deciding on how to choose my roll. I'll go with Throwing, to avoid letting them dodge it (or so I hope).
    Agility 9. And pretty sure Khalil has Agility 4.

I'll also add a divebomb and a dodge, should the explosion (if any) not need things. If it's possible, Harry flies down and then back up as he prepares to dodge, but as I understand it the combat rules do not all a dive-by attack. So I'm fine with the pigeon form zipping around the enemies.
    While I can see my dive perhaps getting some element of surprise, definitely not a surprise round after a motorcycle flies on top of them.

Diving Peck
    TN check for intervention: (2d6)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

Dodge (ignore acrobatics if he's shot at, right? Ooh... maybe even if the Calabim is immune to fire, his gun is still busted up by any explosion)
    Edit: I rolled acrobatics in the OOC thread, since I forgot it here. Check digit of 1.
    Dodge TN for intervention: (2d6)[9]
    Check: (1d6)[5]

Feel free to roll additional dodges for me as needed, or count my result for all attacks against me this round. Whichever you prefer.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-08 at 02:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    THACHAEL’S LOFT

It appeared to be locked, though the metal clasp had no key hole – instead, it held a small indent with a rusty metal pin sticking up. A cursory glance would levy the assumption the indent would fit a fingertip perfectly.
    "Blood," the angel noted of the "key" to unlock the unique clasp, the construction materials indicating an infernal origin to the tome. Perhaps Jathiriel knew of it?

Setting the thought aside for a moment, Malchiel picked up the broken picture frame and carefully removed the folded paper, disassembling the frame as necessary. He inspected it before unfolding, ensuring there was nothing concealed within it that could fall out.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah kept telling herself that everything would be fine. In just a few seconds, she'd hear Adele's voice; Maybe accompanied by the sound of raucous partying in the background. Then that cheerful whirlwind would disperse all of Sarah's worries. And the Lilim would feel silly for letting herself fret so mu-three rings? The phone never got to three rings! Oh God, why wasn't she answering?! Wait wait, calm down. The call had connected. Adele must have just been a bit slower than usual...

...That wasn't Adele. Sarah's already overtaxed reserves of calm finally ran out.

"Where is she?!"

Her voice lacked all its usual tact. She didn't even try to be diplomatic. There was just the desperate anxiety of someone fearing the worst.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2018-05-08 at 03:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Hey man, I'd say aliens would be way heavier than this." Sam jokes, taking the granola bar offered to him. "Still, I'm surprised you're accepting this so easily. To be honest, I was worried you'd freak out more or call me crazy. If it's not obvious, we don't normally let humans know about all this. It's kind of an unspoken rule between both sides to keep things a secret, normally you could get in a lot of **** for breaking that rule but...well, they broke it here first so that's on them. I doubt Michael's gonna get mad over it considering the situation...Oh yeah, that's right. Suppose I should introduce myself for real." He takes a bite out of his granola bar, then continues. "The name's not actually Sam, no. It's Ramiel, I'm a cherub working for Archangel Michael. And, as of a couple weeks ago, your guardian angel."

"As for why you can see us...Well, that's something we're wondering too. I can't say for certain, but I do have an idea, and it's related to why I'm supposed to keep you safe. If I had to guess, it's got something to do with that song you've been dreaming about. You don't know it, but that song's part of something much, much bigger than you're probably thinking, and it's possible it might tie into something big." He looks around yet again, still worried about being overheard. When he finds nobody, he finishes his granola bar and crumples the wrapper up to stuff in his pocket. "I can't get into all the details right now though, if I take too long Mrs.O’Donnell's gonna start wondering where I ran. Not to mention someone might overhear us. I promise I'll tell you everything later, but here's not a great place for it. Call your folks, tell them you're gonna be hanging out with friends after school, we'll talk more after classes are over. Take some time to rest in the clinic and relax in the meantime. Don't worry about what you saw, he's not gonna be coming back. And if he does, he's gonna regret it. They didn't send me here to keep an eye on you cause I'm a good student." He jokes, offering a hand to help him stand up.
    Last edited by Siegemonkeys; 2018-05-08 at 11:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

"Turtleneck is a demon bouncer or at least a bouncer for demons exploiting kids. I've never seen the others, but it's a safe bet at this point that they're at the very least very bad people. If I go in, I won't save you any, you've had enough glory today.

Khalil forwarded Solomon his location with the simple message, [Trouble]. He watched for Harry with great anticipation. Either he was about to witness one of the greatest things in his life thus far, or be thrust into a fairly unfair fight: 2 vs 4 + suicide vest. Khalil made sure he was near some cover for when the ball dropped, so to speak.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

THACHAEL’S LOFT

Malchiel

Malchiel couldn’t really make out where Jathiriel was, though he knew the Balseraph had entered into the bathroom to see what he could find inside.

In the meantime, the tome set aside, and the folded paper in hand, Malchiel was immediately taken by the quality work in his hand. The paper wasn’t really paper – it was a high quality parchment, likely from animal skin. One edge was frayed, as if it had been torn from a book or something similar – though it did not match the paper within the large tome; it was too small, and too new. Regardless, it was still relatively old. The ink on the page was a little faded, and it wasn’t the kind of ink you’d find in a ball point pen. Instead, Malchiel thought that he could smell a whiff of tannic acid and iron gall, indicative of a style of ink called [i]India Ink[/b] primarily used in China in the fourth century, BCE.

The words that were scrawled across the parchement were in a strange language, and it was accompanied by all sorts of strange diagrams and geometric shapes. Upon first glance, it was strikingly reminiscent of what stereotypical magic looked like. In fact, the whole thing looked like it could have been pulled from a fictional wizard’s book of spells.

And yet, he felt the power in the page beneath his fingers. There was something real here.

INTERVIEW WITH A GODDESS

Sarah

The laughter that flowed melodiously through the line at Sarah’s outburst was warm and, Sarah thought, syrupy in how it seemed to fill all the jagged, anxious cracks in a manner of speaking.

”She said you were a passionate one. I believe her exact words were: ’She’s so good, and honest, and kind and it shines like a fire. If I didn’t know better, I’d say she was a Servant of Gabriel.’ The purring voice intones, an inflection similar to Adele’s manic manner of speaking teasingly applied.

”She is safe. For now.” The woman offers. ”And before you begin a tirade of threats and implications, darling, rest assured that I am no threat to her. Or you.”

There is a brief pause. ”You can come and see her, if you like. She is…sleeping…at the moment. It makes her confinement…easier to bear.”

HOLLYWOOD ARTS HIGH SCHOOL

Ramiel

Malcolm does indeed take what Ramiel is telling him remarkably well. He’s still showing signs of some shock, and still a little pale – especially at the mention of the song that’s been stuck in his head. When Ramiel offers him a hand up, he takes it and brushes himself off a bit when he stands.

”Well….’Sam’ I suppose it’s good to really make your acquaintance.” He chuckles weakly, and fishes his phone out to call his parents.

While the call was made, a loud cacophonous racket shuddered through the Symphony. Something big just happened. From a window at the end of the hall, Ramiel could make out the rising plume of thick, black smoke on the horizon. It was far enough away that he didn’t feel any corporeal signs of it, but it would likely echo through the Symphony for a while.

Malcolm eventually finished his call, and moved to stand next to Ramiel as he looked out the window.

”All good. I told my folks I was heading out with a friend and that I wouldn’t be home late.”

THIS WAR AIN’T SO COLD NO MORE

Show

So to clarify, the vest will still explode when his vessel expires – but Zhangarmal is probably the strongest enemy Harry has engaged in the game thus so far. So, I promise I’m not trying to snub your plan – but he’s not down just yet. It’ll be messy when he does go down though.
    From a mechanic perspective, Zhangarmal took enough to stun him and his buddy – a Soldier – is as good as dead.

No one expects to be hit by a motor vehicle.

It would stand to reason that it’s even less likely to expect a souped up stunt cycle to hit you – especially an airborne one.

The sound of bones snapping and grinding metal fills the alley as the motorcycle hits the Calabim and the other man square on. It’s accompanied by a scream of pain, and a guttural grunt.

When the chaos of the initial strike passes, the Calabim is laying on the ground with the bike on top of him. His legs – which stick out from beneath the motorcycle – are bent at strange angles, and fragments of splintered bone are poking through his pants as red stains spread across the fabric.

The other man is twitching as he lays half-buried in a pile of rank garbage bags. There is some wet-sounding, heavily labored breathing coming from somewhere within the pile. He’s likely down for the count, if the spreading blood on the pavement is any indication.

The woman however, with wide-eyes and shock coloring her face, pushed back and ducked down behind a dumpster while pulling a pistol from inside her jacket.

She shouts with voice heavy with an Eastern European accent. ”Who the **** are you?! ****! Cao! You mother ****ing idiot! You were tailed!”

She popped out from behind the dumpster and raised her gun, seeing only Khalil at the end of the alley. She was about to take a shot when a flurry of feathers suddenly erupted in her face and she felt a sharp beak pierce the flesh under an eye. She screamed and flailed scrambling to the side to get away from the feathered assailant.

With blood now streaming down her face, she brought the pistol up again and took a shot down the alley.

”Get up you fool! Get the **** up!” She screamed at the pinned Calabim, who seemed to be dazed from his sudden meeting with the motorcycle.

Spoiler: Combat Details
    Show

Harry (Agility 9)
    Female Demon (Agility 6)
    Khalil (Agility 4)

The surprise round occurred with the bike impacting. I assumed that Khalil wanted to hold back that round to see what happened. If that assumption is wrong, feel free to put your action into a spoiler at the start of your next post and I’ll make adjustments as necessary.
    First non-surprise round – Birdy Dive Bomb which wasn’t dodged, and a pistol shot at Khalil.

I don’t see the Dodge skill on my copy of Khalil’s sheet. Please let me know if I’m mistaken and we can reroll if necessary.

Pistol (2d6)[2][5](7) TN 10
    CD (1d6)[4]

EDIT: The Demon's gunshot is +3 power for a total of 7 damage.

Khalil Dodge! TN 4
    (2d6)[3][2](5)
    CD (1d6)[5]

The spectacle of the flying motorcycle was perhaps just distracting enough that Khalil wasn't as fast to respond to the gun shot that suddenly impacts painfully into his left thigh. In the grand scheme, it was a minor ache, but the Demon had the audacity to bloody him and that....that was unacceptable.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-09 at 05:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

One word stood out from the rest. Its implications pushed Sarah to even greater heights of panic.

"'Confinement'?! Do you understand what that will do to Adele? Being imprisoned is like torture for her!"

Some things go against an Angel's fundamental nature. Practically any Ofanite found restraint frightening. Sarah could scarcely bear to imagine its effect on an Ofanite of Wind. Adele's sanity was in danger of total collapse. And even if she did somehow manage to cope, Dissonance would eventually overwhelm her. Suddenly, Sarah could feel the tick of every second that passed: Because now she knew that each of them marked a new sliver of her friend's agony. She repeated the question that still hadn't been answered.

"Where. Is. She?!"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Show

All's good. I figured Cao would survive even the vest exploding, either from HP or Attunements. So, a real fight begins. Awesome! And I laughed at the divebomb at the female demon.
    All in all, I don't mind the explosion not having happened. (I don't exactly understand how the vest works, but neither would Harry.) To be honest, if we KO him but don't kill him, getting the body somewhere less public before explosion would be good... but I realize we can't count on that.
    Also, do we see the turtleneck guy's Celestial form? Be good to know what Band he is, and his form should reveal that.

@XIII: I don't know if you can run and get in melee range in one round, but you could run & activate your flaming fists. Though I honestly don't know if that's smart against servants of Belial.

Anger fills Harry at seeing his friend's injury, but, then again, Khalil was as tough as Harry in most forms and tougher in his current vessel. He could handle more than a couple bullets.

Seeing the twitch in Cao's body, Haralambos redirects his attentions from the female to the servant of Belial. This body could lift a motorcycle; perhaps it could tear through a leg.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Dodging:
    Acrobatics TN 10: (2d6)[10]
    Check: (1d6)[6]
    Dodge TN for intervention: (2d6)[7]
    edit: with those rolls, I kinda hope one of 'em attacks me. Also, seeing two bolded 6s had me nervous for a moment.

Combat:
    Legbreak Peck at Cao Shen
    TN check for intervention: (2d6)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-09 at 08:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

THACHAEL’S LOFT

...In fact, the whole thing looked like it could have been pulled from a fictional wizard’s book of spells.

And yet, he felt the power in the page beneath his fingers. There was something real here.
    Taking care with the ancient sheet, Mel folded and slipped it into his shirt pocket, ensuring it was well hidden. He then returned his attention to the tome, drawing his cell phone from a pocket, he dialed Jerichael. When the Cherub answered and identified himself (by voice or name), Mel wasted no time on pleasantries. "I need a vehicle and escort at Thatch's apartment, immediately. I found something."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

It wasn't the fireball of glory Khalil had hoped for, but the battle had only just begun. There was still hope for fireworks. Khalil cursed himself for allowing his moment of admiration at Harry's work as the bullet buried itself into his thigh. "Cowards..." The word came out through repressed rage and gritted teeth. Khalil looked at the thing that had shot him with crazed eyes, full of righteous fury. The old man broke into a dead sprint and prepared to sing the song of Corporeal Form... Finally, an outlet to the fiery rage, praise Gabriel in the highest.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

WHERE THE WIND BLOWS

Sarah

Traces of amusement that once flowed through the phoneline with the strange womans voice seemed to flicker and die, replaced by a dangerously silent pause after Sarah's outburst.

After a moment, the woman - voice now stilted and perhaps seeking to contain a snap or outburst of her own - replies, rather icily.

"She is with me. You may see her, if you wish. I am not the one she has to fear. Come to the Babylon Club. At your leisure, of course. From what Adele has told me of you during her rather adorable ramblings is that you are something of a...hmm...workaholic, I believe the word is."
    She's not being uncivil, but the frosty tone never leaves her voice now.

"I'll leave your name with the doorman - Duke - and he shall ensure that you have free access whever you're ready. All I ask is that you don't try to bring any weapons into my establishment, hmm?"

WHAT'S BLOOD GOT TO DO WITH IT?

Malchiel and Jathiriel

The Cherub answered right away with a gruff sounding grunt as his only acknowledgement to Malchiel.

His attitude was gloomy it seemed, and from the heavy groan he expelled at Malchiel's request, it was easy to see this news wasn't making his day any better.

"I'll send Roman with one of our...sturdier....vehicles. Will that be enough, or are you expecting something a little more troublesome? The Demons are more active....and hostile...than we've seen in a while and I'd rather be safe then sorry. Do you have the Renegade with you still?" In between his question, and waiting for an answer, Malchiel could hear Jerichael shouting something at some of the Soldiers at the Howitzer, and a few shouted replies.
    In the meantime, Jathiriel stepped out of the bathroom holding an exquisite hairbrush sealed inside a small zip-loc bag. Even from there, the golden shimmer of errant strands of luxurious hair could be seen. The Balseraph seemed a bit shaken by something he'd seen in the bathroom.
    A quick glance through the open door and Malchiel caught a glimpse of blood-splattered sigils and apocryphal markings across the inside of the shower walls reflected in the bathroom mirror - cracked though it may have been.

Between the book, the scrawlings on the folded page and this? Malchiel had an unpleasant notion that perhaps there was even more going on than they had originally thought.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-10 at 10:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

"Got it. Goodbye."

That's all Sarah said before hanging up. Seconds later, her car sped off towards Club Babylon. If the woman (presumably Inanna) had hoped for some playful banter, then she'd leave disappointed. Sarah wasn't in an indulgent mood. It took little provocation to dry up the fake vocal syrup of Adele’s tormentor. Good. The newly revealed ice beneath was much more appropriate. She shouldn't expect any smiles from Sarah.

Duke the doorman, however, would get a smile. No matter how angry Sarah became, she refused to take out that anger on innocent people. After lingering briefly in her car to compose herself, She approached Duke with her usual friendliness.

"Hello, my name is Sarah. I believe I'm expected?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2018-05-11 at 12:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

WHAT'S BLOOD GOT TO DO WITH IT?

"I'll send Roman with one of our...sturdier....vehicles. Will that be enough, or are you expecting something a little more troublesome? The Demons are more active....and hostile...than we've seen in a while and I'd rather be safe then sorry. Do you have the Renegade with you still?" In between his question, and waiting for an answer, Malchiel could hear Jerichael shouting something at some of the Soldiers at the Howitzer, and a few shouted replies...

...Between the book, the scrawlings on the folded page and this? Malchiel had an unpleasant notion that perhaps there was even more going on than they had originally thought.
    "I do, and he has been helpful," Malchiel said, nodding appreciatively at the Balseraph as he walked toward the scene in the bathroom to get a better look at the sigils. "I don't believe we're in any immediate danger, but I also don't want to risk public transportation at the moment. One should be sufficient. Whom are you sending?"

Rotating the phone's mic upward, away from his mouth, he told Jathiriel, "Look out the window; see if we're being surveilled." When the seneschal responded with the name(s) of the Soldier(s), Malchiel added, "I have his number. Thank you, and I'll see you at the bar."

With a quick goodbye, he hung up and opened the camera app, taking pictures of each individual sigil and marking, and then the group of them together.

"See anything?" he asked the renegade.
    Last edited by seatyger; 2018-05-11 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Fixing my poor writing.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

THE BABYLON CLUB

Sarah

The Babylon Club was a monolithic structure, despite only being a few stories tall. It appeared to be about three stories tall, but it was hard to tell considering the exterior was shaped like a ziggurat of polished black marble bricks. It looked incredibly expensive. It even had an outdoor patio on the side that was fenced off by a tall wrought-iron fence. Each of the fence posts were black stone obelisks and soft light filtered through the fence from paper lanterns strung up across the patio.

In front of the club, about mid-way up the building was the word: BABYLON in bold black letters. LED lights shone from behind the letters, making them pop against the blackness of the building.

When Sarah pulled up and parked in the attached parking lot behind the club, there was no line for admittance. While the club was open, it usually catered to a more low-key crowd during the day.

Standing next to the door, leaning heavily against the doorframe was a huge man. His face was regal and he was strikingly handsome, with sharp cheekbones and brow. His black hair was somewhat wild and bore a hip, disheveled look. His arms were thick, corded muscle and strained visibly against the black silk shirt he wore – the top few buttons undone, and revealing more of the dusky complexion of his skin. He was smoking a cigarette as he leaned against the doorframe, and looking something over on the cellphone in his hand.

As Sarah approached and introduced herself he raised his hand in a one moment gesture and he adopted a brooding scowl, cigarette held between his lips as he cast a glance off into the distance before snapping a quick selfie. The moment the camera issued the snapping shutter sound to notify him the picture was taken, the brooding look dropped and he turned to Sarah with a wide, boyish grin.

”Sarah!” His grin was….disarmingly charming. [b]”He offered a wide, strong hand to her. ”Yes! You are expected. My apologies about the brief delay there. Humans and their little toys are so much more…inventive and amusing than they once were.” If Sarah really looked, the man – Duke, apparently – radiated an almost palpable aura of power and nobility and held himself with a regal bearing, despite his boyish grin and strange demeanor.

”I’m sure you are in a hurry to see your friend. Go on inside. But…” He paused for a moment, the grin faltering for but a moment. ”Don’t let Inanna get to you.” The grin is back, and he waves her through before looking back down to his phone with a chuckle.

PARANOIA IN SUITE 314

Malchiel and Jathiriel

”Well…I’ll be. Fancy that, hm? A useful Demon.” Jerichael chuckled grimly. ”I’m sending Roman. I believe you met him at the door when we had our meeting yesterday. He’s good in a fight, if need be, and has a sharper with than most of the other Soldier’s who’re available at the moment. He’ll be there in…..fifteen?”

Jathiriel had made his way over to the window with a shallow nod to Malchiel, and peered cautiously around while trying to get a good view of the street below and the goings on amid the sea of humanity thronging below. After Malchiel was done snapping a picture of the various sigils and symbols in the bathroom, Jathiriel turned back to him and shook his head warily. ”No. Nothing out of the ordinary. It seems….almost too quiet.”

And he was right. Even the usual undertones of the Symphony that flowed in the background when he opened his senses to it were…muted.

THE EXPENDABLES?

Show

So, as established in the OOC thread, you can’t Sing and run at the same time. So I’m going to assume that Khalil manifest the song during the first round (I’m a generous sort) while the motorcycle was turning a Soldier into paste. So in that regard, Khalil would be able to run and attack if he wanted. I’ll proceed with the scene as normal, but when Khalil decides what to do with his action during that round, go ahead and make your attack roll (if you want to attack) and I’ll put the reaction to that in the next post. It works, since Khalil also has the lowest initiative of the lot left alive.

Zhangarmal shrieks a hideous sound as the beak rips through muscle and tendons and chips the bone beneath. He thrashes about, still pinned beneath the motorcycle in a rage before his hands clamp down on the bike and with a snarling roar, he heaves the motorcycle with all his pit-borne strength. If he’s going to go down, he won’t die to a ****ing bird while laying on the ground like a wuss.

Spoiler: Get off me, bitch!
    Show

(2d6)[1][5](6) Strength check to move the motorcycle
    CD (1d6)[2]

The motorcycle flips over, clattering to the pavement with another rippling groan in the Symphony. It wasn't a spectacular act of freedom, but it was enough to get the Calabim free.

The female Demon wavers as she perceives the bloody, righteous fury in Khalil’s face and she takes a step back – the pigeon all but forgotten. An enraged Malakim is not what she signed up for!
    She raises the large caliber pistol and fires again, but even she isn’t stupid enough to think it will stop him. Even at the initial distance, Khalil can see the conflict in her eyes. To stay and try and kill an Angel, or to run the hell away.

Spoiler: Shooting at Khalil
    Show

Bang Bang! (2d6)[3][6](9)
    CD (1d6)[2]

The bullet would strike true again, perhaps inspiring the Demon to higher acts of valor - or perhaps worrying her more that she's just making the Malakim angrier....

Show

Khalil would take 4 points of damage, minus whatever armor you've got. You're going to need to put this demon down. Hehe

Just a reminded, you can roll for 2 attacks. One from last round, which I'll edit the results into in this post, and one for this round.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-11 at 12:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Despite his friend's injuries, Harry was having fun. It would've been more amusing if the pathetic demon hadn't managed to heft the motorcycle off of himself -- looks like he almost failed -- but, well, a challenge was fun, too.

With a loud chirp -- deciding to avoid his human voice for now -- Haralambos flutters upwards, twirling around the pizzeria's exterior, before diving for the Calabim's eye. He wasn't much for eating in any form, and flesh wasn't to a pigeon's normal sensibilities, but the tasting soft issue of a demon's eye would be an experience that seemed fitting. He hopes his beak hits true.

Spoiler: Round 3 rolls
    Show

Dodging:
    Acrobatics TN 10: (2d6)[7]
    Dodge TN for intervention: (2d6)[11]
    Check: (1d6)[4]

Combat:
    Eyeball Peck
    TN check for intervention: (2d6)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    edit: urgh, my damage rolls have stunk so far. Glad the motorcycle did as much damage as it is

Damage Taken: 0/66
    Essence 8/9 (spent 1 to go to pigeon form before the fight started)

Spoiler: theatrics for the fight's end (for dramatic effect, probably best for DM only to read, but not really private)
    Show

Is there any way, if the vest starts exploding, Harry could abort his action to cast Song of Shields, to try to deflect the explosion away from the apartment complex (and ideally include Khalil in the shield)? If yes, I'd like to spend 2 Essence to boost the TN from 9 to 10.

ORIGINAL MORE COMPLICATED ASKING
    Based on ordering of events in the rulebook -- Songs/Attunements first, then physical actions, and actions declared from lowest to highest but activated from highest to lowest -- I was wondering if, in the round the vest starts to explode, Harry could forgo whatever his prior action was to try to Sing the Corporeal Song of Shields, to protect the apartment complex (and, if close enough, Khalil) from the blast? In short, if it looks like the vest will blow or if the Calabim does something to start to activate it, I'd like Harry to break off his attack to quickly Sing. I'd spend 2 Essence, to boost the TN from 9 to 10.
    I realize the spherical shape of the shield, and wanting to make it small enough to exclude Cao Shen himself, means that some damage would still happen, but I'm hoping the Shield would absorb most of the damage so that the inhabitants aren't injured.

Alternatively, if I did Song of Shields to contain the firestorm to myself & the demon(s), would that almost certainly kill me as the shield would bounce the energy back onto me instead of it dissipating outwards as explosions tend to do, or would it just do its normal damage?

My thinking is that, in the normal method of tabletop, it would be feasible. Maybe I'm wrong, and feel free to say otherwise -- no hard feelings. But I wanted to ask.

Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-11 at 01:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Normally, a place like this would make Sarah feel inappropriately attired. The décor was tuned more for daring dresses than business suits. But Babylon wasn't just a club: It was a neutral embassy. Angels and Demons alike left the War behind when they visited. This was a place for enemies to meet in peace. Marc's Word was strong here. What a shame that Sarah's first visit would be under such terrible circumstances.

Duke certainly did his best to dispel the bad vibes. Sarah liked his friendly, sympathetic manner; And his fascination with human gadgets. Technology really had gotten fun lately. Sarah wasn't exactly in the mood to chat about it, though. For the moment, she had to file Duke away in her 'people I'd like to know better' drawer.

"Thanks for the tip. It was nice to meet you. Maybe in better times, we'll get a real chance to talk."

Then she entered the club itself. As she crossed the threshold, her senses were alert for any metaphysical changes. Babylon had an artifact that forbade Songs and Celestial forms. Good place to keep an Angel imprisoned: If, that is, you didn't mind destroying your carefully cultivated neutrality. Why would Inanna take such a risk? And more importantly, where was Adele? Where where where where where?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

The BABYLON CLUB

Sarah

Duke smiled, and dipped his head in a small acknowledgement. ”I’d like that. I’m usually around the club. Feel free to stop by one day, if you’d like. Drinks are on me.”

When Sarah stepped through the black, frosted-glass double doors into the Babylon Club she could feel the change in the very air. It wasn’t stifling, like one would imagine from a potent artifact that suppressed the celestial, but instead felt like there was an energy-filled storm on the periphery. She could almost feel the metaphysical wind pulling at her. It was like a whirlwind that would sweep any essence away as one tried to utilize it. The thought was a bit uncomfortable, and Sarah was sure she wouldn’t want to experience that storm in her celestial form.

The inside of the club was positively decadent. It was large and square, like the ziggurat it appeared to be on the outside. It had an old world vibe to the décor. The outer portion of the club – at the level she entered – was filled with tables and booths along the walls, and on either side of the entrance were two large, well-stocked bars. There was a second level, slightly depressed within the surrounding sitting area that held more tables – though these were taller, and without chairs. Likely a place to stand and socialize. All the tables were covered in plexi-glass, and illuminated from beneath with pale lights that offered a soothing blue-white glow to anyone who was around them.
    This second level, like the first, had a black railing that prevented easy transit between the depressed levels aside from the four sets of stairs that sat in each cardinal direction. The final level was even further depressed, and was a wide dance floor. It, like the tables, was illuminated from below by lights – though these ones were brighter, and slowly faded in and out in strange, rhythmic patterns in time with whatever music was played by the DJ who would have sat in a small raised dias at the north end of the dance floor. It would have given him a perfect view of the club.
    The last thing of real note, was the large alcove in the north-western corner of the room. It was here that an oval-shaped table sat, surrounded by low, but comfortable looking couches on either side. At the head of the table, accessed from a small walkway behind the couches, was a large-backed throne of polished lapis lazuli and padded with down-filled throw pillows. It was positively archaic, and gorgeous. The edges were all capped in gold, and the head of the throne held a gold claw. Within this eagle-like claw sat an unevenly cut crystal of rainbow hue. It was from this crystal that Sarah could feel the potency of the celestial storm originating.

Lounging on the throne, was a woman whose beauty put Selena to shame. She was like a Goddess given flesh. Her skin was the dusky bronze of Persian descent, and her thick, luxurious hair was black as pitch. Almond-shaped eyes over sharp cheekbones were the same shifting coloration as the shard held above the throne. She wore a positively scandalous dress of nearly diaphanous silk and gauze, and her slender ankles and wrists were adorned in jeweled bangles and bracelets of gold and lapis lazuli. She sat with one leg casually tossed across the arm of the throne, reclining lazily, while her bare, painted toes idly toyed with the deep maroon tie of a suited man who sat next to her. He seemed content to let her play, as he sipped a coffee and made some scribbled notes on a legal pad that sat in front of him next to a rather overflowing briefcase. A quick glance confirmed that it was accounting and book-keeping notes.

While the man didn’t register Sarah’s approach, the woman did, and her full lips twisted into a pleasantly amused smile.

”Welcome to Babylon, Sarah.” The voice purred, and now – standing before Inanna – Sarah could feel the power held within wash over her. It was very likely, Sarah suspected, that the stories of Inanna were entirely true. Lounging before her, very likely, was the Ethereal Goddess of Ancient Sumer; Inanna – Ishtar – Goddess of Love and War.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-12 at 02:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah fidgeted slightly as she entered. Her vessel suddenly felt more like a shelter than a disguise. It shielded her from the raging winds outside. She'd had no plans to assume Celestial form any time soon. But being unable to do so was still a bit unsettling. Putting such worries aside, she continued onwards.

The club itself was well designed. It had an open layout, which directed the flow of movement in a natural way. Sarah could certainly picture herself having a good time here. However, the building seemed like a junk heap when compared to its owner. Angry as Sarah was with Inanna, she couldn't deny that the Goddess made quite a first impression. She had the kind of aura that could command hordes of worshippers. Sarah's eyes took their full measure of her host's lounging form. From an aesthetic standpoint, she had to admire it. But that was as far as her admiration went. She sensed precious little of a quality that Innana supposedly represented: Love. So far, there had only been cold condescension. Someone like that could never be truly beautiful.

The visiting Lilim made an effort to be polite: Albeit a very brief one.

"Thanks for inviting me. It's quite a place.

Now, where is she?
    "

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Khalil waited until the last moments of operation motor drop to sing his song of corporeal form and charging the survivors. Lazy green flames had begun to randomly flicker in and out of existence, dancing across his skin. The first shot had angered him, the second had only prompted him to fall deeper into his rage. The demon would pay for her compounded insults against him. As he neared his target, Khalil's hands burst into green holy flame and he bellowed a warcry: "FOR SOPHOLAEL! FOR GABRIEL!!!"

Show
    I believe it's just 1 armor from the song. I'm unsure if I need damage rolls or what they are for unarmed. I think it's -1 accuracy and +1 fire damage?

1st flaming fist of fury
    (3d6)[6][4][3](13)

2nd pious punch of power
    (3d6)[5][1][4](10)

Sorry for holding things up

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

BURNIN’ LOVE

Khalil Dhali and Haralambos

Show

Khalil: It’s all good! Growing pains of your first fight in a new system.
    As Anyr said in the OOC thread, your damage is calculated by adding the Power of the attack (in this case, based on the OOC math +6) and the check digit of the d666 roll. So, that means that Khalil does anywhere between 7 and 12 damage a hit with just a fist. That’s intense.

The first of Khalil’s powerful blows catches the Demon in the jaw, and the Malakim feels the hungry green flames rejoice at the taste of Demonic essence. The Demon staggers back a step, blood pooling and spilling from split lip, recoiling savagely in an attempt to get some distance.

Khalil steps into the Demons space again, not allowing any further retreat and offers a righteous right hook that catches the Demon – once again – in the jaw. This time, the grinding sound of something breaking within accompanies the blow, and as the Demon brings her arms up to try and find some shelter from the storm of blows, Khalil can see the blackened, blistering flesh left behind from contact with his blazing punches.

Meanwhile, Harry’s piercing beak struck against the mirrored shades that the Calabim wore, and with a a sharp snap the glass broke under the impact – flecks and slivers sprinkling into his eye alongside the brutal beak.

Zhangarmal howled in rage, and Harry could feel a sudden, overwhelming heat rising in the air and within his body. Sudden realization dawned, the Calabim was invoking its Resonance and trying to unleash entropic fire onto his vessel.

Show

Calabim of Belial Resonance
    (2d6)[3][6](9)
    CD (1d6)[4]

Calabim of Belial add double their Corporeal Forces plus to Check Digit in body hits on a successful attack, and it doesn’t disturb the Symphony.

Haralambos Strength Test to Resist
    (2d6)[5][2](7)
    (1d6)[1]

I’ll be editing this post once I see the results. Stay tuned.

Harry feels the flames lick at his feathers, singing and stinging and hungrily seeking to consume him. But, somehow through immense will and resolve, and perhaps some furious flapping of wings, the resonance is resisted, and the Calabim wails in defeat.

The lady Demon drops the gun to the ground with a heavy, metallic clatter and pulls a switchblade from within her jacket. Khalil can feel the malign will on this blade, which has been heat-etched with profane symbols.

She lunges at the Malakim, swinging wildly – more to keep him at bay, then to do any real damage.

Show

I’ll Cut you, B*ITCH!

(2d6)[5][6](11)
    CD (1d6)[6]

THE BABYLON CLUB

Sarah

Inanna fixed Sarah with a rather intense stare, and the Bright Lilim could feel the weight of ancient majesty and power behind it. But, after a moment that seemed considerably longer than it likely was, Inanna seemed to deflate a bit and sighed melodramatically.

”Fine! Fine….” She stopped toying with her accountants tie, and shifted scandalously on the throne before she rose on bare feet, and padded nimbly and very gracefully towards a door half-hidden by hanging silk curtains that had obscured the area behind the throne.

”Come along…and be quick about it, since you are apparently in too much of a hurry for pleasantries.”

The door was heavy, and old. The wood actually looking like it had been imported from some biblical hut or hovel from millennia ago. It was….in remarkably good repair, considering.

Beyond was a narrow staircase, that was only illuminated dimly by pot lights in the ceiling every few feet. At the bottom of the stairs was a second door, this one looking just as ancient – but it appeared to be one from a temple of sorts. Lacquered wood, jewels inlaid in gold and electrum and from beyond, a heavy, cloying incense that seemed to seep into the pores themselves.

The room beyond was circular, unlike the common areas which were all sharp edges and hard lines. It held another throne at the far end, this one even more opulent and ostentatious if it could be believed. The floors and walls were all granite and smooth marble, and hundreds of tallow candles flickered – offering the only illumination in the room. A small electrum brazier sat in the center of the room, a mass of dried leaves and unguents glowing as embers slowly consumed them and released the heady, intoxicating smell into the air.

The last thing of real import, was the fact that the entire eastern side of the room was a beautiful grotto-like pool that was fed from small dragon-like statues carved of precious stones that perched upon the walls and pool-edges. The entire white marble floor of the pool seemed to shimmer with its own luminescence and gave the water a transcendent quality.

And there, floating just beneath the surface with eyes closed was Adele. The soft caress of the water around her framed her pale face with a halo of her blonde hair. She was stripped down to her underwear, but her clothes were folded neatly on the side of the pool. Eyes closed, Adele seemed to be just as Inanna said – asleep.
    The most striking thing, however, were the strange symbols that seemed painted onto her skin. Like henna, but thicker and distinctly pagan in theme and nature.

”See?” Inanna said, as she walked to the edge of the pool and knelt down to dip her hand into the waters. ”She is as safe as she can be. For now.”
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-13 at 12:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

The smell of the demon's burning flesh invigorated Khalil, justice was being served. The feeling of it's broken bones giving way under the weight of his strikes was euphoric, this is what he was created for. He heard the Calabim's wail and assumed Harry was doing spectacularly on his own, he dared not look away from the accursed switchblade. Khalil chuckled menacingly at his opponent's despair, no doubt accustomed to being on the other end of things. He kept his guard up and tried to move around the blade to deliver another punishing blow, and would continue until the demon moved no more.

Show
    Do you prefer two rolls and then the check digit, or can I continue doing all three at once?
    Dodge
    (3d6)[4][4][1](9)
    Attack
    (3d6)[5][3][6](14)