New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Masks: Dragon City IC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    @Ai: Sibyl seems oddly amused by your display, but responds gruffly enough. "Hmmph. I can see why you thought it was stupid." She moves around the table, not so much tidying up as rearranging the mess into a new configuration. "Zahid has moved overseas, I believe. But I daresay that he preferred to tell you that he was 'focusing on school'. Sly is a little bit past inactive, as well. What do you mean that you're 'working on it'?"
    Ai

Conditions: Guilty, Afraid, Insecure

Ai likes Sybil instinctively--the woman is odd, different from other humans she's met, but in a fun, puzzly way, and she understands Earth machines and networks so well--but she likes Sly more. She's already said too much. She'll have to be careful now.

"I'm working on being a good friend to a friend in need," Ai says pleasantly. She watches Sibyl's face carefully for a reaction.
    Last edited by gailforce; 2019-06-22 at 09:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

@Ai: Sibyl snorts at your response, eyebrows rising and falling like a wave, then steps around the desk, giving you her full attention for the first time. Her brows furrow, drawing together, and you are left with an uncomfortable sensation of dismantling, like Sibyl is taking you apart, peering inside your components and prying into your secret spaces. Standing face-to-face, she adjusts something in her mound of chemical equipment, before folding her arms across her chest and starting at you a moment longer.

"And what," she says finally, "does that mean, exactly?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sibyl doesn't really take much bulls***, which probably explains why she gets along so well with Invincible, really. On the plus side, it's not as if she's hard to read :)

So, what she intends to do is fairly easy. Sibyl is looking for answers about Sly, for one reason or another. She seems determined to get to the truth, or at least to a blanket refusal to disclose more. Your eyes also can't help but run over the machines next to you, sprawling across the dining table. Most of them seem simply chemical, with beakers, distilling chambers and bunsen burners, while others are stranger. One seems to be a musical instrument of some kind, except with electrodes and sensors sprouting from surface like hedgehog spines. In another container, thin strips of parchment are marinating in a solution, faint tendrils of light bleeding from their skin. It reminds you, in some ways, of the forensics labs humans have in their entertainment programs, but blended with other things, like the magic that the snake-sisters use. You could wager, then, that like forensics equipment, it's all really for information gathering, which makes sense, because that is what Sibyl does, ultimately. She knows things, and that will be why she's interested in you. You represent a puzzle, or a challenge, which she, in her blunt way, is trying to solve.

@Azuma: "Of course," Judah replies with a smile, finishing his coffee and gesturing expansively. Seeming satisfied by your decision, he leans back in his chair, which creaks ominously under his substantial weight as he does so. "Of course you can take it with you. It'd be too much to summarise in one session. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions."

Fishing around in one of the pouches of his bandoleer, he extracts a tidy business card, almost plain white except for a narrow orange and gold band at the top, and passes it to you. On one side is printed a address and office number, while on the other is written a cell-phone number, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram handle. He smiles as he slides it across the table, smoothly reciting what is quite possibly an oft-stated line. "I'm always happy to talk with youth like yourself, so let me know if I can do anything for you."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Conditions - Insecure

Azuma picks up the sheaf of papers detailing potential members, putting them into her shopping bag for the time being. When Judah pulls out his business card, she starts to reach for that too, then hesitates. She feels a twinge of guilt as he seemingly picks up on that, sliding it across the table to her. Picking the card up, it somehow feels like it carries more weight than the papers. She taps the card against her hand a couple of times in rapid succession, torn between standing and asking.

"I... Uh..." She glanced down, then up, "I want to learn to fight better."

She felt her cheeks heat a little. The unspoken caveat of so I'm not a burden ringing in her mind.

"B-but, uh, I don't want to leave my team, either... I, uh... I got offered training by someone from the Red Twelve a while back..." She feels a twisting in her gut, wondering if she was betraying the confidence of Ai and Hannah asking this, "Is... Is that still on the table..?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me