2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! 1/2

How do buy this?

Or anything on-line really.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    How do buy this?

Or anything on-line really.
    Sacrifice your firstborn. Or wait until the announcement comes out and hit up ookoodook with, I'm guessing, 25 bucks. Your choice, really.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

OotS 0.5? Or OotS 1.5?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    OotS 0.5? Or OotS 1.5?

1.5 would be 3/2, or thee halves.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

It's a true prequel then, not some kind of midquel.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    It's a true prequel then, not some kind of midquel.
    No, still a prequel, since the story started at book 1. Book 0 is OtOoPCs It would help if I could read.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-04-28 at 10:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    No, still a prequel, since the story started at book 1. Book 0 is OtOoPCs
    Yes? That's what they said. Although I believe the word would be "interquel" rather than "midquel".
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Yes? That's what they said. Although I believe the word would be "interquel" rather than "midquel".
    Oh, i misread that. I am not a smart man.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Based on the colour, I figured it's the Azure City compilation book mentioned sometime ago.
    EDIT: https://twitter.com/RichBurlew/statu...89507562545152
    Last edited by Gift Jeraff; 2018-04-28 at 10:40 PM.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

My guess is How the Paladin got his Scar, Therkla's Kickstarter story, and one brand new short bonus story involving Azure City or paladins to get the interest of those who already have the first two from the KS.

And I'm willing to shell out 25 bucks even if only one of the stories is new to me, so here's hoping.
    !

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bug View Post
    My guess is How the Paladin got his Scar, Therkla's Kickstarter story, and one brand new short bonus story involving Azure City or paladins to get the interest of those who already have the first two from the KS.
    As I said in the thread of the Giant's quotes, where this has also come up, it wouldn't make sense for "How the Paladin Got His Scar" to be in a book labelled 1/2, because I'm sure it precedes "On the Origin of PCs" (book 0). However, if it does include Therkla's story then that complicates things, because that's definitely post-OtOoPCs...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd just like to point out that saying just when Therkla's story takes place would be, well, a spoiler.

Oh, and since OtOoPCs ends almost immediately before the start of DCF, there's strictly speaking not much to put between them.
    Last edited by Yendor; 2018-04-29 at 02:15 AM.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Always looking to add to my OotS collection, so this is good news indeed. I suspect it may be a collection of How The Paladin Got His Scar, plus the assorted KS stories. If it's something else, that much better. If it's that... also very cool

Any mentions of when it's coming out? Didn't see any date on twitter post.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, i misread that. I am not a smart man.
    I'd argue this very ambiguity goes together with the color scheme to imply that this is a KS Azure City compilation book, since those stories were at different points around the timeline.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

16. - Top - End - #16

Maybe we'll finally get those pages from the Azure City phonebook.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    As I said in the thread of the Giant's quotes, where this has also come up, it wouldn't make sense for "How the Paladin Got His Scar" to be in a book labelled 1/2, because I'm sure it precedes "On the Origin of PCs" (book 0). However, if it does include Therkla's story then that complicates things, because that's definitely post-OtOoPCs...
    I think that's putting way too much thought into it.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

18. - Top - End - #18

DwarfFighterGuy

And I'm willing to shell out 25 bucks even if only one of the stories is new to me, so here's hoping.
    Hell, I'd shell out money soley to get stories I already have digital access to in a nice bond paper format and to support Rich's creative endevours.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

rich announced that he had plans for 3 prequels, but we never heard of the third. And I somehow doubt that's the one. I fear the original prequel plan was scrapped.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    rich announced that he had plans for 3 prequels, but we never heard of the third. And I somehow doubt that's the one. I fear the original prequel plan was scrapped.
    While I rather suspect this is an Azure City compilation book rather than, say, a Vector Legion prequel, the O-chul story was listed as the primary time sink at the time, and that was only just recently finished.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    I think that's putting way too much thought into it.
    I'ma put EVEN MORE thought into it: it's 1/2 because -1/2, which might have fit a bit better, is already reserved for the Vector Legion prequel.

YEAH.
    ungelic is us

22. - Top - End - #22

While I rather suspect this is an Azure City compilation book rather than, say, a Vector Legion prequel, the O-chul story was listed as the primary time sink at the time, and that was only just recently finished.
    Well, in terms of what remains...

Kickstarter-wise, the O-Chul, Belkar, Therkla and Haleo & Julelan stories are done. O-Chul & Therkla will undoubtedly be in an Azure City compilation book, and there's a decent chance that Uncivil Servant and H&J will be chucked in to have all the KS stories to date in one book.

That still leaves the Julio Scoundrél, Sir Francois, the CCPD and Dim Sun stories sitting there [As of his last KS update a month ago, Sir Francois was furthest advanced, with 3/3 yellows lit. CCPD & Dim Sun were at 1/3 yellow, and Julio is entirely "unlit". He also said he'd be doing another KS story (SF?) before a second round of minis.] I think all those stories kind of "need" to be done before he does another prequel book beyond that list.
    Last edited by Reboot; 2018-04-29 at 04:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

I'm going to go out on a lb and say that book 1/2 is the secret Kickstarter goal that was never revealed. Barring that, my second guess is that it'll be the O-Chul story with other Azure City stuff, but no other Kickstarter stories. There are still three KS PDFs unfinished, and I think that when he puts them in a book, he'll have them all published together, in a Kickstarter Collection, so to speak, instead of having them be spread apart.

Of course, I have a horrible track record of predicting what'll happen, so there's that.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Dare I hope that this will be an actual book I can pay cash for at a FLAGS, instead of a damn PDF?
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

25. - Top - End - #25

It's probably not the KS mystery prize because all of the boxes for that are still unlit. Unless there was a post or a tweet about it that I didn't see?
    !

26. - Top - End - #26

I'm going to go out on a lb and say that book 1/2 is the secret Kickstarter goal that was never revealed. Barring that, my second guess is that it'll be the O-Chul story with other Azure City stuff, but no other Kickstarter stories. There are still three KS PDFs unfinished, and I think that when he puts them in a book, he'll have them all published together, in a Kickstarter Collection, so to speak, instead of having them be spread apart.

Of course, I have a horrible track record of predicting what'll happen, so there's that.
    The problem with your first hypothesis is, well, look at the workometer. Mystery prize #9 is listed as not even started.
    The Order of the Stick death pool thread -- place your bets! (Yes, it's still ongoing and maintained.)

27. - Top - End - #27

It's probably not the KS mystery prize because all of the boxes for that are still unlit. Unless there was a post or a tweet about it that I didn't see?
    Well, that info is a month old, but I don't see Rich moving that fast given the number of pots he has on the boil. At a guess, this is probably at least partially an attempt to raise additional capital to pay for the spiraling postage costs associated with mailing out the crayon drawings.

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Sacrifice your firstborn. Or wait until the announcement comes out and hit up ookoodook with, I'm guessing, 25 bucks. Your choice, really.
    The sacrificing thing would save me a lot in support payments, long term. Is there any info on that...?

No, no, never mind... I really am quite fond of the kid. I guess I'll do the $25 option after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

29. - Top - End - #29

Just as well. That other option really cuts into the odds of having grandchildren to spoil.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Dare I hope that this will be an actual book I can pay cash for at a FLAGS, instead of a damn PDF?
    You can buy the physical books from Ookoodook just fine, what's stopping you doing that? Given you're in the States you don't even have the enormous shipping charges to Europe to worry about.