New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bulk pencil like the Prismacolor Scholar 335 black?

I use Prismacolor Scholar pencils for some purposes because they have a particular in-between texture that is situationally useful. The number 335 black is rather unique among pencils I've used, and I haven't found a replacement for it that I can buy in packs of 12 or cheaply as singles in bulk.

What's the closest thing to this type of wax-based black pencil that I can buy in packs of that one color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bulk pencil like the Prismacolor Scholar 335 black?

Quote Originally Posted by gomipile View Post
    I use Prismacolor Scholar pencils for some purposes because they have a particular in-between texture that is situationally useful. The number 335 black is rather unique among pencils I've used, and I haven't found a replacement for it that I can buy in packs of 12 or cheaply as singles in bulk.

What's the closest thing to this type of wax-based black pencil that I can buy in packs of that one color?
    I believe grease pencils are going to be the closest in terms of raw materials to a black colouring pencil. Most of the time they are sold under the name of peel-off china pencils, and they are sold in some places in boxes of ten and twelves.

I can't attest how close the feel or resulting texture are to the colouring pencil set you have though.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bulk pencil like the Prismacolor Scholar 335 black?

Quote Originally Posted by AsteriskAmp View Post
    I believe grease pencils are going to be the closest in terms of raw materials to a black colouring pencil. Most of the time they are sold under the name of peel-off china pencils, and they are sold in some places in boxes of ten and twelves.

I can't attest how close the feel or resulting texture are to the colouring pencil set you have though.
    I have Prismacolor Premier black coloring pencils that I can buy in bulk. I'm asking specifically for something with as close as possible to the Prismacolor Scholars' texture in black.

That specific texture is the entire point of my question. Anyone who doesn't know what texture I mean when I'm talking about the Scholar pencils can't answer the question my top post asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?