New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default I have a question about advertising

I am running a game on Roll20.net and was wondering if i could recruit players from here for it. Specifically I am looking for DMs to play and give me advice on how to better run a game. The game is D&D 3.5, and I have created a system where players use existing class features and build there own class, and possibly prestige class. While this is possibly a broken system, I would like help to make it playable as to allow people to get creative without all the hassles of multiclassing and level dipping.

If I am allowed to advertise, where would the best place be to do it? I would imagine the Finding players (recruitment) thread, but still unsure.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I have a question about advertising

Quote Originally Posted by LordWolfKnight View Post
    I am running a game on Roll20.net and was wondering if i could recruit players from here for it. Specifically I am looking for DMs to play and give me advice on how to better run a game. The game is D&D 3.5, and I have created a system where players use existing class features and build there own class, and possibly prestige class. While this is possibly a broken system, I would like help to make it playable as to allow people to get creative without all the hassles of multiclassing and level dipping.

If I am allowed to advertise, where would the best place be to do it? I would imagine the Finding players (recruitment) thread, but still unsure.
    I don't think there are any rules against advertising for Roll20 games, so long as your posts here follow all forum rules. Likewise, you can ask for all the advice you could ever want in the 3.5 subforum, or if you're working with homebrew, post in the Homebrew subforum.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Yes, the Finding Players subforum is correct.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

The game is D&D 3.5, and I have created a system where players use existing class features and build there own class, and possibly prestige class. While this is possibly a broken system, I would like help to make it playable as to allow people to get creative without all the hassles of multiclassing and level dipping.
    As an aside, we'd love to hear about this system: the best place to place it would be Homebrew Design.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i had totally forgot about this thread, i am so sorry. currently the game is full but i do plane on running it at least one more time with revisions to it from a mechanics perspective. it is a twist on the generic classes where every class feature can be chosen for your own custom class. you eventually get to take prestige class features as well to complete your class idea. then you build a character using that class, and fight in an arena to try and take down the champion who has been undefeated for the last 50 years. but like i said the game is full right now but when i run it a second time i will make sure to include a description with it.