Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1230
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Shingle Fiasco II: Electric Boogaloo

Avita flicks a few strays hairs away from her eyes. And mutters low;

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Oh yes. I have such other things. We'd have been dead before you even met us if I hadn't. But those other things generally require a few crucial seconds of time to cast, and knowledge of where the enemy is, and so don't lend themselves towards fighting up a blind, dark corridor while getting shot at. If I'd tried anything other than what I did the chances were excellent I'd be shot down before completing it, or that the results would fly back in our faces."

As they approach the mound chamber, her tone of voice changes and she shifts to Common. "Copper gets you a pint the Spearmen are waiting above the entrance, waiting to ambush us as we try to assault the entrance and get rid of the crossbows..."She pauses, and puts her right hand, the withered one, over her mouth briefly.

"I think I can probably get rid of the crossbows from here if somebody is ready to cover me for a bit. It might take a while."

Her right hand falls from her mouth and convulses, and a greenish-glowing disembodied hand appears above her head.

[casting SPECTRAL HAND. Avita takes [roll]1d4[/roll] damage.

2. - Top - End - #1052

[oh, right. The die roller doesn't like the BACKSPACE button]

Avita takes (1d4)[4] damage. The points removed are the hitpoints of the Spectral Hand. The Hand is immune to non-magical damge et cetera.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Fion takes his position in front of Avita, sword at the ready. "Just tell me when ma'am"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"There's a tripwire at the entrance to the chamber," Sarrazin points out. "I suggest we avoid it for now, but if things get ugly inside, we can try maneuvering the hybrids into tripping it themselves. Let them have a taste of their own medicine."

"Certainly Avita, if you have an appropriate spell, use it. Pamela and Sarim can provide covering fire to keep their heads down if needed."

"Corporal - anything you know to look out for in yon chamber, now would be an excellent time to share your insight."
    Last edited by rax; 2019-05-11 at 05:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Avita's Spectral Hand shoots off to touch one of the crossbow hybrids, leaving a trail of sickly green energies in the air behind it.

[Touch attack (1d20+5)[15] (Spectral Hand attacks have +2 to hit)]
    [Damage (1d8+1)[9] (Charnal Touch)

"Yes, I am just going to keep reaching out and touching someone until they aren't there anymore. If anyone wants to borrow Cottonpicker-?" She holds the longbow out in invitation.

"Anyone with a ranged weapon; time to use it. Not you Pamela. Time for your mind powers. You might as well pass that crossbow to someone who doesn't have one."

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, it's been a while, but why not?" Sarrazin replies, taking the bow and a handful of arrows from Avita.

Drawing a bead, he looses a shot at one of the hybrids on the mound.

Edit: Yeah, not having much luck with the die roller right now. Will do an OOC post and hopefully get it right this time.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action: Take the bow
    Free action: Load bow
    Standard action: Shoot bow [1d20+3]
    Damage [1d8+1]

Crit confirmation if applicable: [1d20+3]
    Crit damage if applicable: [2d8+2]

Notes: Anyone trying to attack Sarrazin must first pass a DC 15 Will save. Failure forces them to choose a different target or action.
    If the Mark of Nessus fails to stop a potential attacker, Sarrazin will use his Immediate action to turn invisible for 1 round (Invisible Fist ACF).

AC 20, touch AC 11, flat-footed AC 19.
    HP 19/25
    Last edited by rax; 2019-05-12 at 05:38 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarrazin's shot goes wide, the borrowed arrow burying itself in the mud a few paces from a hybrid's foot. Avita's ghostly hand streaks across the chamber with impressive speed, making for the weakest of the three archers. It grasps the hybrid, unleashing a frankly devastating case of the Hover Hand, and sending a jolt of negative energy up its arm. It survives, though visibly weakened.

The hybrids crest the mound. The most wounded of their number, pursued by the spectral hand, tears up the hill ahead of its comrades and with a leap vanishes into the crater. The other two whirl around, level their crossbows, and return fire. Their aim is embarrassingly poor, the bolts pinging uselessly off the walls around you.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No damage to your side. Your turn.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Hmmph," Sarrazin grumbles at his embarrassing shot, but quickly reloads and draws a bead on the closest remaining crossbowman on the mound.

Show
    Free action: Load bow
    Standard action: Shoot bow (1d20+3)[11]
    Damage (1d8+1)[2]

Crit confirmation if applicable: (1d20+3)[16]
    Crit damage if applicable: (2d8+2)[11]

Notes: Anyone trying to attack Sarrazin must first pass a DC 15 Will save. Failure forces them to choose a different target or action.
    If the Mark of Nessus fails to stop a potential attacker, Sarrazin will use his Immediate action to turn invisible for 1 round (Invisible Fist ACF).

HP 19/25

9. - Top - End - #1059

Avita flicks the corners of her mouth up and redirects the hand toward the next-most-munted hybrid.

Attack (touch)(1d20+5)[8]
    Damage (1d8+1)[4]
    Spoiler: Critty stuff if needed
    Show
    Confirm (1d20+5)[12]
    ExDam (1d8+1)[8]

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

You return fire, to no avail. Sarrazin lands another arrow in the mud and Pamela's flies past her target's scaly head. The spectral hand swerves around and goes for the nearest hybrid, who sees it coming and ducks. The two hybrids reload their crossbows with startling efficiency, and send another volley your way - one misses, but the other is aimed right at Sarrazin. Just as the bolt is released from its bow, he turns invisible and steps deftly to the side, avoiding it.

Kremp is hugging the edge of the wall. Suddenly, she steps forward to the front of the group, eyes blazing with a passion you have not seen in her before. The naked blade of her sword reflects the torchlight. "Come on," she urges. "We can't let these bastards get away. Fion. Sarim. With me!" And with that she is off, leaping over the trip wire and storming into the darkened chamber beyond.

Show
    No damage to your side. Your turn.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Avita watches Kremp rushing forth with a widening of eyes and a breathed; "Oh; fiddle. Professionals."

Then she advances, and ignoring controlling the Spectral Hand for the moment, carefully grasps the tripwire in her metal gauntlet, taking care to hold it still while not pulling on it, draws her dagger, and cuts the line with the lightest sawing motion she can. Being very careful to use as little pressure on the line as possible.

"It would be best if she didn't die right now. I know I usually say this when I have not the slightest trust in the person concerned making themselves useful or following instructions but-Fion, Sarim-feel free to use your initiative."

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh dear," Sarrazin murmurs. "Did we forget to tell her that we're here to find and close a portal, not kill as many demons as possible? I'm pretty sure we mentioned it at some point."

With a shrug, he slings Avita's bow, draws his sword and jogs into the room, taking care not to trip the wire as he does so.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pamela is taking her defensive position just in case the hybrids get too close.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Fion lets out a growl as he charges into the room after Kemp, his sword held high.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sarrazin, Sarim, and Fion charge into the chamber, you immediately register the details of your surroundings. You are in a broad, circular cistern of sorts, though it seems mostly dried up. Built around all sides of the chamber is rickety, multi-leveled wooden scaffolding, connecting to a myriad of different tunnels and sewers. The construction is haphazard at best, seeming to have been assembled over the course of a few hours by a team of builders who obstinately refused to communicate, each following their own vision. Platforms are built almost on top of each other, connected by ladders and twisting catwalks that conform to no pattern. The whole thing looks as if it could collapse at any moment. The roof of the chamber is distant and barely perceptible. You cannot see the other two hybrids anywhere, but the archers pull back to the caldera of the mound, taking cover, and reload their crossbows. You have reached the base of the mound, but it will take approximately six more seconds to reach the top.

Meanwhile, Avita tends to the trap. She carefully slices through the cord without any apparent effect, but still holds the left-hand cord taut.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Racing to the top of the mound, Sarrazin swings his sword down at the hybrid furthest on his right.

Show
    Move action: Move to the top of the mound.
    Standard action: Standard attack with spinning sword (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage sword (1d6+2)[8]
    Damage fiendslayer crystal if applicable (1d6)[2]

Crit confirmation if applicable: (1d20+5)[9]
    Crit damage if applicable: (1d6+2)[6]

Sarrazin must wait 3 rounds to turn invisible again.

HP 19/25

17. - Top - End - #1067

Avita, holding the left part of the tripwire in her gauntlet, wills the Spectral Hand to attack whichever crossbowdemon looks more ragged.

Attack(Touch) (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (1d8+1)[3]
    Spoiler: Critty stuff
    Show
    Confirm (1d20+5)[10]
    EXDAM(1d8+1)[2]

Her eyes flicker to the left; "Pamela? Pamela? You have powers, right? Why aren't you using them?"

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pamela used her Recall Agony power to the nearest hybrid closest to her.

Damage: (2d6)[8]

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

The melee-inclined among you - Sarrazin, Fion, Sarim, and Corporal Kremp - crest the mound and throw themselves at the two hybrids. They hiss, pulling back in the face of an overwhelming assault, but they are not quick enough. The first one manages to dodge Sarrazin's swing, before having it's rib cage torn open by Sarim's axe. It falls to the ground whining piteously, and Avita's spectral hand goes in for the kill. The other one is confronted by Fion; as a last-ditch attempt to survive, the hybrid brings up its crossbow to block the sword blow. The weapon is cleaved in half, and the hybrid looses a few fingers for its troubles. But it is still alive. Bleeding and panicked, it staggers toward the centre of the mound, where some kind of portal is buried in the earth. A swirling vortex of multi-coloured light that hurts to look at. Halfway there, it freezes, spasming in agony as Pamela's power overtakes it, then falls head-first into the portal and disappears.

All seems to be going well - when, suddenly, the other two hybrids charge out of what you thought was a solid stone wall just inside the large cistern. Right at Avita and Pamela. Shields raised, spears lowered, they come at you with an almost bestial ferocity, eagerness. Their insect eyes are filled with nothing but malice. Avita manages to leap out of harm's way, but Pamela is just too slow and takes a grazing spear wound to the calf. The hybrids are up close and personal.

Show
    Pamela takes 4 damage. Your turn.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pamela uses Recall Agony power to the nearest hybrid closest to her.

Damage: (3d6)[8]

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sliding quickly down the mound, Sarrazin comes to a stop at the bottom and roars a command in Abyssal at the hybrid attacking Avita: "APPROACH!"

Show
    Move action: Descend from the mound.
    Standard action: Use command spell-like ability on hybrid. DC 14 Will save negates.
    Effect: On its turn, the subject moves towards Sarrazin as quickly and directly as possible for 1 round. The creature may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal.

Sarrazin must wait 2 rounds to use his invisibility power again.

HP 19/25

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Fion lets out a roar as he charges down the mound, heading back towards the mages.

Show

If they get in range of Battle Leader's Charge, Fion will do that, otherwise just double move to the Hybrids.

Attack
    (1d20+10)[15]

Damage
    (2d6+14)[19]
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073

Avita steps in front of Pamela, past the spearheads, and growls in Abyssal. "My gentlemen shall be at your back in six seconds." She smiles. "And I am here right now. You're not going to kill me and you're not going to win. If you want to live, kneel."

While this sort of thing is all very well, she DOES will the Spectral Hand to attack whichever one of her opponents is ugliest.

Attack (Touch) (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage (1d8+1)[4]

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

The hybrid just spits at Avita over its shield, either unaware or uncaring of the odds against it. You square off for a moment, before Avita's spectral hand flies in from behind, channeling dark energies into the monster's neck. It shrieks in pain and, throwing off Sarrazin's compulsion, lashes out at the nearest (mostly) living thing - Avita. It's spear cuts through her armour and into the meat of her left thigh.

The hybrid going for Pamela, who seems to have been already wounded in your previous engagement, jabs wildly at Pamela howling as the pain of those injuries are forcefully recalled. She dodges the first, but is too slow to avoid the second as it pierces her side. Blood pouring from the hole, she slips into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile, the four warriors run back down the mound as quickly as they went up. The mud slips and slides beneath your feet, almost a river, but you keep your balance. The hybrids are nearly within reach!

Show
    Avita takes 6 damage. Pamela takes 8 damage and is on -4.

25. - Top - End - #1075

[that was EXTREMELY complicated]

[So, Avita's standing right there at 6 hp down, so standing there and grinning, and chuckling inwardly knowing her way to get her health back is triggering a negative energy burst that hurts everyone near.]

[including Pamela, who is lying at her feet]

[Someone kill these guys, or pull Pamela away, or just get Avita away from all that lives.]

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sarrazin sighs inwardly as the hybrid spears Pamela, but decides to help Avita before she's dropped as well. With a silent prayer to Hextor, he charges the hybrid.

Show
    Full-round action: Charge the hybrid fighting Avita (1d20+9)[18] (incl. +2 for charge, +2 for flanking)
    Damage spinning sword (1d6+5)[8] (incl. marshal's aura)
    Damage fiendslayer crystal (1d6)[4]

Crit confirmation if applicable: (1d20+9)[29]
    Crit damage if applicable: (1d6+5)[10]

Sarrazin must wait 1 round to turn invisible again.

AC 18 touch AC 9, flat-footed AC 17 (incl. -2 penalty for charging)
    HP 19/25

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

The fight doesn't last much longer. Before the hybrid can take another jab at Avita, Sarrazin bends it double with a sword across the back, right before Sarim's axe slams it hard into the ground. Fion charges boldly forward, sweeping his sword into the hybrid standing over Pamela, spraying its foul-smelling insides across the wall.

Kremp slows to a jog slightly behind you, looking bemused. Then, she notices Pamela bleeding onto the mud, sighs and crouches down next to her, pulling a wad of bandages from a belt pouch. The good corporal doesn't seem to be having too much luck stopping the blood flow, though...

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Pamela, Pamela, Pamela," Sarrazin tuts. "Didn't anybody ever tell you to back away from demonic hybrids with spears when they're trying to stick you with the pointy end?"

Digging through his pack, he produces some clean linen bandages marked with a single, softly glowing thread. "These may prove more successful, Corporal," he says. Kneeling down, he binds Pamela's wounds and watches in satisfaction as the bleeding stops. "Praise Hextor, you may live to fight another day yet..." he mutters. "So, class, does anyone have any healing potions handy? Anyone? Anyone?"

OOC: Sarrazin uses a blessed bandage to stabilize Pamela.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Avita, a little disappointed the gentlemen actually did save her and she didn't have to do much herself, fires a blast of energy into her chest. What's left of it.

[Charnal Touch healing for (1d8+1)[7]]
    [And she WILL keep that Spectral Hand buzzing around as long as she can (about 3 and a half more minutes).]

"That's a very serious question. When IS she going to figure out how not to get cut? It's really perfectly simple as I understand it-", a lip, somewhat blackened, twitches a little. "-but I admit I have different options than she does. Still; gentlemen; how do I explain things to her? When I fire up black stuff from my hand and use it to hurt people; that's a very different thing from a spell. That's..that's..."

She puts her hands on her hips. "That's me being a walking death energy channel. I can do that right in the enemy's face, in the enemy's arms, and on a Friday night after fourteen ales. What she does is something different."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarrazin kneels down to apply the sanctified dressing, and even with his inexpert ministrations, the exsanguination is expeditiously staunched. Kremp curses absently, giving him a curious look. She stands up, regarding the unconscious Pamela with something that could be pity. "Seems a moot point. I don't think she'll be in a state to fight any time soon, unless you've got more healing magic up your sleeves. Now." She points meaningfully toward the mound at the centre of the chamber. "What do we do about that?"