New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: D&D 5e Base Class Contest I Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    As an outside "neutral" observer (that is, I didn't submit anything but still voted), I thought yours fit the theme pretty well. I liked the concept of it.

I would be concerned that "terror" is pretty narrow for a contest like this (especially with the broad classes of 5e), but it might be interesting to see what people would bring.
    The narrower the better if you ask me. The less you have to work with, the more creative you get. In my experience at least.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

For the record, I thought the Protean fit the theme well. I didn't vote for it because I just wasn't a huge fan of the actual implementation of it, at least compared to other entries. Sorry about not giving more detailed feedback... there were just so many classes to rate, you know?

As for the next contest, I'll probably be sitting it out regardless of theme. Base classes are not my forte and I doubt I'll have the energy to write another this year. I'll be sure to vote, though!
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

There is only like 24 hours left to vote for the Investigator. If you have any votes, please make them now before it is too late for the Investigator to win. This will mark the conclusion of the 1st Homebrew Base Class competition.*

*and the victory of me with the Investigator class
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

This was fun. Definitely seeing some flaws in my design process, and need to read things more carefully in the future. I had figured "Base Class" excluded archtypes, but should have been reading the other entries closer and followed suit more.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Last day to vote everyone! There is only slightly more than six hours left until the competition ends. If you have yet to vote, get your submissions in really quick.
    -

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The voting period has ended and the competition is over. Our winner is WarrentheHero with the Inventor. This was a landslide folks and he got nearly twice as many votes as any other class did at 19 points. Coming in 2nd was the Seeker with 10 points and in third was the Investigator with nine points. It was a good run folks, but it is clear to see who the favorite here was. Congratulations @ WarrentheHero, you have earned internet cookies and bragging rights as the 1st winner of the bi-monthly D&D 5e base class competitions on GitP. Woohoo!

Our next competition will be beginning very soon. The next theme will be that of fear/horror.
    -