New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) New Bedford at Night

Once the rest of the band had grabbed their drinks, or attended to any last-minute business - such as bathroom breaks, errant flirtation, or even grabbing a quick snack - Kara took a deep, steadying breath and hopped up onto the stage.

She strode purposefully towards the microphone stand, and grabbed it fiercly; she pulled it close to her mouth with a lascivious grin.

"Queue generic rock-band intro! Hello, New Bedford!" She practically howled into the mic. "I'm Kara, and these gorgeous rock-stars are Cry Wolf! You may not think we look like much yet...." she says slyly, "But we'll have you howling by the end of the night!"

Kara casts a fleeting glance around at the rest of the Pack to make sure everyone is ready....

"And a one, two....one, two, three, FOUR!"

The playlist they had painstakingly put together for the show began with the classic Backdoor Man, and would follow with Way Down We Go. They'd shift gears to the instrumental Wild Overture to showcase the talents of the various musicians before a seamless crescendo to Moonstruck, She Howls. Depending on how long they had, the show would go on....

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Presence 4 + Expression (Sing Spec) 4 (5)

(9d10)[9][6][5][5][5][5][8][1][3](47)

If Striking Looks 2 is applicable....

(2d10)[1][8](9)

Kara has the Moon-Kissed: Expression merit, so she's got "9-Again", which I will roll for in the OOC thread if any turn up.

"Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iago bee-lined into the set as soon as the band arrived, making sure to help them set up the stage and taking particular attention to tripping hazards, all while giving quick scans to the area, he paid particular attention to the hispanic kids, trying to remember their faces. What were they doing here, anyway? He made a mental note to ask someone later.

He plopped down on his seat just as the waitress came by. He added to Kara:
    "Same as she said, but if a cold malt beer is not fancy enough, I'll take it instead." He gave a nervous grin at the waitress, noticing her attention on Blaze. "Say, we recently arrived here, and well, you know, new kids in town and all that. You think you'll have time to stick around after our turn and give us some pointers about the town?"

till trying to take the edge off, he tried to eavesdrop on Mitchell and the owner of the club but Kara's selfie spree interrupted that.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2018-06-26 at 12:13 AM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

"I want a cherry vanilla soda."

Juno doesn't trust alcohol unless she's cooking with sherry. Though really, she doesn't seem to trust anybody here much other than the very friendly waitress whom she sheepishly smiles at. She assumes the punker girls (and everyone else, really) will ignore her, and she hopes the rowdy guys don't bother her. But since all she really did to prepare for this was to rebraid her hair and put on a clean hoodie and a very faint blue eye shadow, she hardly looks any different than she normally does. She does seem to silently wonder if anybody cares that she's part of the band even after she hefts up her base guitar. It's nothing fancy, though the strap for it is a royal purple with a three- blue-diamond pattern up it's length. She doesn't know what it signifies only that Kara smiled way too much when she gave it to her...

Really, socializing is still as alien to her as anything else and she just stood on stage fixing her base guitar as much as she could without it looking forced until the call to start came up. Her eyes take one last focused look at the punkers in the front before she flicks her pick and begins strumming in at her cue.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Oh thank god, I have alot of dice in this
    Resolve+Expression:(7d10)[6][7][2][8][10][6][6](45)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Before the set starts, the waitress responds to Santiago's request. "Sure honey," she says with a grin, "I'll be here all night. If you cant wait till things settle down, I'll be happy ta show you around." She eyes him strangely for a second, perhaps trying to guess if Iago is hitting on her.

For Juno's request she chuckles and says, "Sure sugar, one cherry coke coming up."

Later

Kara counts in off, backed by the clapping of Blaze's drumsticks. The band rips into their cover of the well known Backdoor Man; originally an old blues standard, made famous by The Doors. Kara's howling vocals drive song at a pace faster than classically performed but the oh so sensual Kara playfully performing a song littered with dirty sexual innuendo gets the crowd shouting and hooting and clapping immediately.

The band then transitions into Way Down we Go, where Bear shows off with a pretty darn good guitar solo, which leads into a killer drum set by Blaze that leaves the audience on its feet and going nuts. During Wild Overature, Juno let's it rip with a thudding bass solo that leads back into Bear, who plays a quick solo leading into a long and technical electric string piece by Solomon.
    Santiago's keyboards drive the entire song, and while his performance never really shines, his staccato rhythms act as the glue between all the complex egos performing at the same time.

The band finishes off with Moonstruck, She Howls, and by the time they have completed their set, the intimate bar is wild with deafening applause. The band is encouraged into an encore and performs a sped up, rocked up cover of Muddy Waters' I'm a Howlin' Wolf. The band is left basking in the cheers and ovation of the New Bedford locals.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear is wearing a big grin once again, the slight funk he'd been in since the incident with the gang member has washed away.

Turning to Kara he says, "I think they'd like to meet you. Care for a lift?" If Kara agrees, he'll heft the singer onto his shoulders and carry her through the crowd for her to work her magic.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-06-27 at 08:28 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Some Uratha thrive on the feel of the Hunt. They feel the rush of running through the wilds with the Moon overhead. It can be like a drug for them.

Kara, however, stubbornly clings to what parts of her humanity she can. In Kara’s case, her rush is the adulation of the crowd. The deafening roar of the applause. She was born to be in the limelight, her mother used to say. The same could be said of many Cahalith, but Kara would always – at least subconsciously – try and keep it separated. She was going to be a rock star. An idol.

As Cry Wolf finished their encore song, Kara beamed at the adoring crowds and took a moment to shout an introduction of the other bandmates to the crowds.

When Bear offered her a lift, she giddily agreed and let the mountain of a Uratha hoist her up onto his shoulders.

As they made their way through the crowd, Kara high-fived anyone who reached out for her. She even leaned down and snatched a fresh beer from a cheering patron within arm’s reach. Careful not to drip (too much) onto Bear’s head, Kara chugged the cold beer with a whooping cheer. She was going to milk this crowd for as much good will and publicity as she could!

Show

I realize this is possibly redundant, but Kara is really pushing hard to make people like them as much as possible. She’s workin’ the room (with the help of Bear!) so I figured another roll might not hurt.

Presence 4 + Socialize 3 + Barfly 2 + Striking Looks 2
    (11d10)[3][10][9][10][4][9][4][4][1][6][3](63)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon had one of those performances where nothing seemed to go right, causing stress and anxiety rather than the perfect harmony he sought. He hid at the back and tried to subtly adjust his levels between songs Yet when the time for his solo arrived it all came together. He left his body and the music took over. Suddenly he was stalking the stage like a stray cat, his bow hand a blur, leaning down to serenade both the Hispanics and E's punk crowd with a hungry look on his face normally reserved for hunting. Bear and Kara were right, they needed this. He agreed of course, only now with the tension flooding away did he realise how badly he had needed it. He had walked such a strange road to find himself with Cry Wolf, a road whose milestones were breathtaking beauty and stunning horror. He'd endure it all again, and forgo the moments of tranquillity, to have this moment right now.

When Kara calls out his name at the end he reluctantly approaches the front of the stage and formally bows, his violin held out to one side, his bow clenched in the hand held behind his back. He hasn't looked more out of place all night, for all his fretting, but when he rises he has an ironic smile and a condescending arched eyebrow. If you can't fit in, own it and they'll make you one of their own. He lets the applause wash over him, balm to the soul that had not entirely forgotten the dark mysteries of this town. He offers his compliments and congratulations to Iago, Juno and Blaze, but Kara and Bear are long gone before he gets to them. He watched Kara bop through the crowd with amusement. Surely there's never been another pack quite like us
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The crowd continues to go wild with Bear and Kara's antics, hooting and cheering as Kara chugs her beer. One of the punk girls hands up another beer to Kara, and the group all pose for another set of selfies. Several audience members rush the stage, followed by the band's manager and the man in the ponytail. To those still on the stage, Sanders says, "Hey guys, freaking killed it tonight! Let me introduce you to Mr. Farley, the owner of this bar."

Farley begins excitedly shaking hands with the stage bound band members, offering up praises to each and every one for their performance. Excitedly he says, "You all were amazing! I'm so glad to have you on board. When can you play again! I want you kids as regulars at The Poor Hut!"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara, of course, takes the other beer offered by the punk girl and downs that one as well - double fisting the pints, one in each hand, as she hypes the crowd up even further.

She see's Sanders introducing Mr.Farley, but she's too busy pandering to the crowd to get over there for the moment. The Cahalith knows that she'll need to make introductions at some point, but for now? Nothing beats the revel and the post-show high that comes with it.

Finishing both the beers in her hands, she throws her head back and playfully howls as loud as she can.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-06-29 at 04:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo keeps hold of Farley's hand, shaking vigorously 'Why thank you Mr Farley. Real nice of you.' Solo was using Farley as a natural barricade against the fans invading the stage, and so was reluctant to relinquish his grip 'I think I speak for all of us, we'd love to play here regularly. What a crowd! We're not big on planning though. Sanders is the one for all of that.' He finally ends the handshake to grasp Sanders shoulder 'We'd be lost without this guy. He's amazing. Best Manager in the world.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-06-30 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Farley grins at Solomon’s response, pleased with the positive reception from a member of the Anchor Wolves. Continuing to shake Solomon’s hand (as the Uratha will apparently not release his vice like grip), Mr. Farley says, “Well that’s just great! Mr. Sanders and I will draw up a contract. We are excited to have the Anchor Wolves on board! Absolutely fantastic!” The man is starting to turn a little red as Solomon pumps his hand up and down and up and down.

Down on the bar floor, Ciara and the boys come rushing towards Bear and Kara; the fiery red-head pushing her way through the crowd like Moses at the Red Sea. When she reaches the two Uratha, she throws herself at Bear, practically knocking him and Kara over. Chris and James help Kara down from Bear’s shoulders and the two give her excited hugs and high fives, howling in unison for the success of the Anchor Wolves.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act 1 Scene iii

A wolf is no less a wolf because he is dressed in sheepskin, and The Devil is no less The Devil because he is dressed as an angel.

-Lecrae

It was still two hours later; nearly 3am when the Anchor Wolves had collected their instruments, and their gear. The Uratha had changed out of their costumes, and to the best of their abilities washed away the sweat, and cigarette smoke and stench of alcohol that had collected during their performance at The Poor Hut.

Now the pack was gathered around the map of New Bedford, provided by Michael Knowlton. The coffee stained paper was layed out on a large wooden crate that was filled with seaweed wrapped voodoo dolls of uncertain origin, decorated in sea shells and water worn glass jewelry.

After some basic review of the map there were three clear paths of entrance into the Beshilu filled Dartmouth.

The major freeway would take the Uratha around the back of the inland town, but according to the map, it would deposit them in the densest infestation. It would deposit them out by the Dartmouth Shopping mall, which contained a number of department stores, and the major cinema.

The Uratha could instead drive, or walk up the local streets in New Bedford and wind their way into North Dartmouth. This would be the most conservative path, breaking the least distance and taking the longest. The Uratha would also have to either circumduct a major golf/country club, or cross through it.

Lastly, there was a major thoroughfare that led into town, but pretty much dead-ended at Saint Luke’s hospital.

The pack would have to decide quickly.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara stretched her arms above her head as she stepped out into the cool, early-morning air. The young Cahalith moaned luxuriously as her tired muscles strained against the motion. She had abandoned the short skirt and stockings, the racy top and lacy bra. Instead, she was comfortable in a pair of baggy sweat pants and a soft cotton Metallica T-shirt.

”We were seriously hot sh!t, guys!” Kara squealed, prancing around the group in a skipping-hop and clearly unable to hide both her excitement and a fair bit of inebriation. Kara had been drinking on and off all night, and while her constitution was wonderful as a Uratha, the amount she she consumed was impressive for a girl her size.

Finally coming to a stop next to the rest of the Pack, Kara peered at the map, and with a bright smile she jabbed her finger at one of the selected routes.

”I’m okay to walk since I’m clearly not driving, and maybe we could hit the golf course when the sprinklers kick in? That’d be lit!” She scrunched her nose up as she eyed the other routes. ”Um….I know we need to be cleaning up the city, but are we sure that hitting the shopping mall would be a good choice? Y’know…after a show, when we’re tired and…maybe…a bit drunk?”

Spoiler: Kara St.Claire Stat Box
    Show

Harmony: 7
    Willpower: 4/4
    Essence: 10/10
    Health: 7/7
    Beats/EXP: 1/1
    Tilts/Conditions:
    Spoiler: Aspirations
    Show

Short Term 1: To write a another hit song that will help catapult Cry Wolf to higher popularity.
    Short Term 2A: To find a way to deal with her traumatic dream-prophesies.
    2B: To find out why Luna and her Lunes have taken such an interest in her.
    Long Term: To have the band become platinum-album Rock Legends.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

“Let’s go through the golf club,” Blaze said, “I don’t like jumping straight in, and think we need more information.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Juno spent most of the rest of the time at the party not talking to many people and if she was interested in talking to anyone, she was probably wallflowering somewhere with her cherry soda, trying not to blush. She's far more in her element later, loaded up with both her old knife and the mysterious Scorpion blade under an even older hoodie and clothes that don't stick of substance avarice.

"I don't think anything supernatural would expect a bunch of wolves to visit through the golf course. It may be longer but I don't want to see any of us trapped in the thickest concentration of rats if we drove..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo's usual method of avoiding the fans after the gig, playing the violin into the early hours, is simply not feasible given the location and the outpouring of reaction from the audience. He was forced, horrors of horrors, to actual talk to them. It had been a surprisingly pleasant experience, although not one he'd have indulged in for long. The press of the crowd and the stale smoky air become oppressive as the night went on and he found he could not stop his mind drifting back to the hunt.

After a through shower Solo changes into all black clothing, polo neck, leather gloves and loose jeans. After that he feels like a new man, as they say. Already practising his light step he goes downstairs and, finding the map already laid out, pulls up a seat next to it and begins to jot down some notes. He pointedly ignores Kara's drunken antics and tries to keep a disapproving frown from his face. He smiles brightly at the others as they filter in.

'I agree with Blaze. I'm also for the golf course. We also need to make sure this map is up to date, that the rats haven't encroached into New Bedford since. E, James, how do you two feel about not getting any sleep tonight?'
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Still a bit heady from the performance, and not from alcohol, Bear forces himself to focus on the situation, "Sounds like it's already decided, but the golf course is fine by me as well. Remember, this is a scouting run, I wont mind one bit taking on a threat or two, but we're not ready for a true swarm. As reluctant I am to admit it, we'll need more than claws and courage for that."

Bear grins again suddenly, "I don't suppose we could get or rig up a few flamethrowers? They'd be perfect for Beshilu nests. Barrels of gas to ignite would be nice, but they're kind of one and done." Theres something of a dreamy quality to his voice as he imagines the scene, a brave act to disperse the swarm, chasing them into the beautiful flames spread by his pack.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-07-03 at 01:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Flashy, but effective" Iago grunted. He had done okay at the performance, but "okay" was a qualification that nagged on him. Too little results for the effort spend on it. He had actually gone out and isolated himself for a while. meditating a bit always helped. "Too many questions, though."

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    See my OOC post regarding the flamethrower. Regardless of whether the pack can and will try to build a flame thrower before heading out, I am going to keep things moving, since it appears the pack is fairly agreed regarding the plan.

Having decided upon their approach to the scouting of New Bedford. Setting out on foot, the Anchor Wolves made their way through the streets of New Bedford, heading North West towards the town of Dartmouth. As on the night prior, the streets were completely abandoned. No cars drove the cobble stone roads, and not a soul seemed to be wandering the streets. The electric lamps even seemed to have been dimmed, casting the Uratha’s path in near total darkness, that was painted in long stretching shadows. The pack’s footfalls and the hum of the street lamps, mixed with the hum of struggling window air conditioners were the only noises to accompany the Uratha on their trek.

Eventually the roads turned from cobble stone to pavement, and the buildings changed from huddled leaning tenements to stately colonial and Victorian manors, spread out by their own fenced in lawns. The streets were still cracked and unkempt. The night was still lifeless, but the pack was reaching the outskirts of North Dartmouth.

Soon the pack did come across the fenced in large open grass field that was clearly the Dartmouth Golf and Country Club. A fine wooden plaque even exclaimed as much. A block or so down the golf course the fence turned into a gated car entry that was clearly locked, but instead of a 12 foot fence, there was simply a three foot chained sliding gait meant for blocking out cars. The driveway stretched far into the golf course and terminated at a large modern looking structure with a wrap around deck that was clearly the Club House.

The stench of rat and spirit taint was suddenly much stronger now. Perhaps it had been growing during the Uratha’s ingress, but like a right hook to the back of the head, the reek struck out of nowhere, hard enough to practically knock an Uratha off its feet.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

When the stench hit Kara, it was like a sucker punch to her uvula and her stomach heaved. Gagging, Kara tried desperately to hold in the alcohol she had consumed through the night.

"Oh! F#ck me sideways! That's...that's so nasty!" The Cahalith wailed in between gags.

She hunched over to get control of herself, not wanting to have puked twice in one day. She was a master of hot wing challenges, and her reputation of a strong stomach was on the line.

"Y'know, I'm thinking we maybe underestimated the spread of **** in town."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Growling softly, Bear looks around for signs of surveillance. If there are none, he'll move to step over the gate.

"I dont understand how even the blind humans couldn't sense something of this, especially in a place of leisure. Let's cross this place swiftly, there should be no eyes to see."

If none object, Bear drops to all fours, red-brown fur quickly replacing his leather jacket. Soon a big and shaggy wolf stands there, waiting for his pack to join him in running across the short cut grass.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-07-04 at 09:58 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is no evidence of cameras or anyone observing. Just to be clear, Bear is transforming into Urshul (Dire wolf) or Urhan (wolf) form?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear shakes himself, fur bristling in the air to match his expectation of trouble. He raises his nose to catch scents in the area, wishing he could filter out the scent of corruption.

Show
    Urhan, Bear figures if they do get spotted, at least from a distance, a pack of wolves in this setting would be mistaken for dogs. That mistake would be less likely if the "dogs" stood 4-5 feet at the shoulder...

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

'Humans have dulled their sense memory to practically nothing. Predators and Prey remember the smell of their historic foes. A wolf instinctively knows a sheep is prey by scent alone, even if it has never seen one before. Likewise horses that live in countries without wolves still know and fear their scent. These things go deep, all the way to the bone. Humans have divorced themselves from the natural cycle of all other life, so they forget.' There's real scorn in his voice when he speaks of the humans. Solo has to remind himself that he was once like them, although it seemed several lifetimes ago. A particularly meek and insular one of them at that 'Dusty told me this sense memory goes all the way back to Urfarah himself. He said what you're remembering now is the smell of the Plague King itself.
    'I don't know if that's true. Dusty liked telling stories that revealed a truth, not stories that were true...They know our scent as well though, and they certainly react like they remember Urfarah tearing them apart.
    'Stay here, stay downwind and stay quiet. I'll be back...'

Spoiler
    Show
    Turning to Urhan and scouting ahead
    Activate my trap card Stealth gift - Shadow Pelt
    (Cost 1 essence. Treat X number of stealth checks as rote. X = Cunning)
    Rote stealth check:
    (7d10)[3][4][1][1][2][6][10](27)
    Rote rerolls and ten again in OOC. Somewhat amazingly only 2 successes.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-07-05 at 03:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, well....the Plague King stinks." Kara scowled, before making the change to Urhan like the others. Once the change is complete, Kara sniffs the air tentatively before whining loudly.

Her pale fur was stark against the grass of the golf course, but she did her best to stay low and move swiftly. Better to keep out of sight, just in case.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Siskur-Dah
    Show

Solo hands out some hastily scribbled notes to the band. It would be generous to say he had written a song, Bear and Juno got a handful of chords and two or three bar progressions, Kara even less so. The rest of the Pack had been assembled around them with improvised instruments, a stick to run along a metal grate, pots to bang together, a overturned trashcan for the world's cheapest steel drum. They had been instructed to wait until Solo's signal, and then go wild.
    'Other Tribes do it different ways, I'm told, but for the Meninna this rite is highly symbolic and mostly improvised.
    'I will represent the Gauntlet itself and Urfarah's last howl. At first I will play a single constant note, which is more difficult on violin they you'd think.
    Blaze, Juno, you will represent the Beshilu and the damage they do with their Gnawing. It should be discordant and chaotic, Blaze try not to slip into a time signature, Juno ramp up the distortion. I will modulate my note in response, that will be the Gauntlet breaking.
    'Bear, Iago. You are us. Make it sound like you're chasing something. Play after Juno and Blaze, with each other. Start slow but speed it up with every response.
    'Kara, you've got the tricky part. You are Luna. Improvise as best you can.
    'Remember quality is not a problem here, but you have to put everything into it. Any questions before we give this a go?'

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon shifts, the bones of his limbs shrinking while the bones of his face and tail bone elongate, pulling muscles that rip and reknit with the growing tension. His skin bristles like it is crawling with fire ants as a double coat of fur grows.

Taking Urhan, he sets off low to the ground , sprinting quietly across the grass on an independent scouting expidition. The Uratha passes low hills, and sandy traps, and a strangely symmetric lake before he stops to sniff.

The smell of rat is overwhelming; musty furs scents and the aroma of grimy droppings fill his nostrils. It is like there are Beshilu all around him, like they should be infesting the very grass on which he stands. Then Solomon hears it, the skittering sound of rat feet, marching and burrowing and climbing. Once his ears are attuned to the noise, it is a thunderous racket, like a million little drums being beat. The sound is coming from below the grass, from below the ground. THE BESHILU ARE UNDER THE GROUND! UNDER THE URATHA’S VERY FEET! THOUSANDS OF THEM!!!

Show
    I rolled perception for Solomon, with the thought that if he failed I would keep the realization hidden. Solomon got 5 successes. Given the exceptional success, I will ask Solomon to ask three questions regarding his perception, and will answer them.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-07-05 at 11:50 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC Questions
    Show
    How deep beneath?
    Is Solo hearing any noises from larger creatures?
    Could the echo lead to any entrances?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon lowers his head till his nose is pretty much buried in the soil. Taking loud hard snuffs, and pawing slightly and the ground, he gets the sense that there are rats maybe 5-10 feet below the soil. Perhaps there are some deeper, but these are the closest scents and sounds coming to him. Solomon has to practically fight off his instinct to start burrowing at the soil with his front paws.

The sounds of scuffling, burrowing feet sound mostly uniform. Of course, proximity could be altering the Uratha’s perception, but it mostly sounds like rats of various but normal sizes. Nothing about the cadence or sound of the many claws betray any larger animals.

Solomon twists his long neck to turn his ear down towards the ground, one front paw slightly rising as he does so. Then he snuffs at the ground again, following the sounds and smells in several circles. It does sound like there are some burrows that rise towards the surface. Some places where perhaps the Beshilu could climb their way out of the tall grass. After a few loops, Solomon is certain he could pinpoint these collapsed tunnels.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Solomon swiftly returns to the others to tell them what he's found. With a swish of the tail he told them he wanted them to follow him away from the golf course. At a safe distance he told them in the First Tongue 'The place is infested. There's thousands of them underground, about five or six feet down.
    I think it's just the little ones down there. I've found the entrances down, but we'll have to dig, they'll hear us coming.'

Show
    As per the sacred hunt rite
    Spoiler: Quote
    Show
    The Hunter in Darkness Sacred Hunt grants your character the ability to sense the state of the Gauntlet in your presence; you are constantly aware of its current strength and if it has been increased or decreased compared to its normal strength; if the hunt’s prey is responsible then you know this. You can also sense any other breaches in reality that your prey has moved through in the last lunar month
    are we sensing the Gauntlet has been weakened here?
    Also what's the local spiritscape like?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2018-07-05 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show