New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

Nuisance
    Conditions: None

Somehow, Hive's admission only made it worse. It felt terrible to hear that her coping mechanism was to "get used to it". Or to know how often such a thing must've happened for that to be her retort; Sam definitely didn't look fine as she said all that. Then again, Sarah had found it remarkable what one could get used to. She herself had tuned out many of the heroes and villains who'd told her to get lost when she'd first started trying to help. This evening had finally proven there were definite cracks in that armor though.

Maybe it was the same for Hive.

Sam's hand on her shoulder gently rocked Sarah backwards. For a moment, she was taken aback; it was easy to forget just how heavy her teammate was. The grip tightened in what was probably meant to be reassuring, but Sarah was still momentarily amazed at the sheer strength of the chrome hand that now encompassed the entirety of her shoulder.

And yet, Hive was being as gentle as possible. It couldn't have been an easy feat for someone her size. Sarah tried to say something back, to respond to Sam's comforting words, but she couldn't muster anything. Instead, she moved in and wrapped her arms around her chrome friend in a hug. Hive was colder to the touch than Sarah remembered, but it didn't matter.

"Don't say that." She whispered, her grip tightening around Hive's waist. "Don't ever say that. You're not some threat, you're my friend!"

"But thank you, for saying all that. And...and for being here."

She wanted to hold that grip for as long as she could. For the entire evening, if possible. Unfortunately, the moment was ruined by the sudden and loud sound of her stomach rumbling. Sarah shifted uncomfortably as she tried to work up the nerve to let go. Suddenly, she remembered that time at the Herald when they were zipping up to the rooftop together and instantly backed up again.

Sarah paused to wiped a stray strand of hair out of her eyes as she looked embarrassed back up to Hive.

"Do...do you want to get something to eat? All I've had tonight is some gyoza. I feel like I'll get some payback by taking all their good food. Maybe take some home with me too! They've got fondue, right?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Adding a potential for Hive's roll. Rolling a Comfort and Support in the OOC channel. Will edit for the results.

As per the OOC, that's a 10 on the roll.
    Last edited by Kirjath; 2019-05-01 at 08:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Masks: The Worst Generation (IC)

Hive, the Transformed
    Potential: 0/5
    Doom: 1/5
    Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

Sam is the one knocked off balance when Sarah grabs her around the waist. She pauses stiffly for a moment, then tries to delicately arrange her arms around her friend. Suddenly, probably more than any other time, Hive is aware that her fists can break concrete. She tries for an ordinary amount of squeeze, while part of her brain sends the message that she hasn't been this close to her anyone for at least a year (and, yes, she hates to admit, that includes her girlfriend).

Part of her is glad when Sarah disentangles herself, and moves the topic back onto a more cheerful footing. Going to force a smile, Sam is surprised when it flows naturally, and grins more warmly than she planned for.

"You're going to bring fondue back home with you? That sounds," she says, with an amused expression, "messy, really, but you do you."

Stepping aside, Sam gestures back down the corridor, like an old timey butler. "After you Ma'am..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I clear guilty. I think this scene has run it's course, unless Kirjath has other things to add.