New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: a tale of five orbs

"I was not talking to you, drow filth. I was speaking to the demon-blooded girl."

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOG: even that we made nearly 0 plot advancement...this is quite a funny conversation...))

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thyria droops her head and appearing genuinly hurt* she tells Augustus "You are right, looks can be deceiving. When I gew up the oh so nice human kinds called me names like devil-gril, " pointing at her horns "horny-girl and" you see a purple-violett tail that suddendly wriggeles itself from the folds of her cloak and that she catches with her left hand just under its hairy end "ugly-tail"

She draws a deep breath and continues "Now I come to another world only to hear demon-blooded** this and whatever** that. I wished they would be more like you and just call me Thyria ..."

She looks at the human and the drow over her shoulder ((so that Augustus cannot see her facial expressions)). There is a wicked gleam in her pale orange eyes and her teeth are bared half an inch, her voice sounds a little more icy than before and she continues " ... so we can be friends"

She turns back to Augustus smiling shyly "May I treat you to a beer?"

OOC:
    * bluff check to appear like she might start crying: (1d20+6)[4](10)
    ** attempt to let her voice sound a bit like Matthew and Sling Spears
    Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-07 at 02:37 AM. Reason: colors
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Heh. I just realised that Wisp has a disguise modifier as high as a doppelganger operating at full capacity))

Wisp's half-mask rematerialised in her hand, as 'he' sighed at the telepath's bigotry. She apparently had chosen to take on Sling's appearance and mannerisms for the time being, miming his actions expertly.

"It is sad that you would judge on appearance alone, D'Malek. While I have never had the pleasure of knowing the trade language of the underground, I have never allowed myself to judge on appearance alone. Appearance means nothing. Voice means nothing. All is mutable."

She passed the half-mask into her left hand, where it turned into a kukri, and allowed it to rest against her side.

"A shapeshifter, you say? I suppose you could call me that. To most, I am known as Wisp, yet I have many more names, and many less."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(OOC: Don't make me smite evil, you guys are the worst party a Paladin could hope for. >>; Oh, i'll been leaving for two or three days, just drag me along for then.)

"No, no need, Thyria, its quite alright." Augustus said, moved by the womans tale. It didn't take much to sway this Paladins heart. He was even misting up a little, the old softly. Even if he had grown up with war, hate, and death his whole life.. he still understood her plight.

He puts his hand on her shoulder lightly, "Come on, i'll treat you to one. Why don't you tell me more? Dwell on happier times." He said, smiling at her.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOG: am i really needed in this game?))

your bluff has failed, but not to a level to make them notice you try to bluff.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

7. - Top - End - #37

"Ah, young love. What a motley crew we are." commented Wisp, with a wry smile on 'his' face. "Well, I'm off to cause havoc." 'he' said, with a flippant manner that no doubt would make Sling cringe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive - (1d20+6)[26]

((EDIT: Looks like I've just clobbered Thyria's Bluff [EDIT: Twice] times over... And managed a hunch to boot.))
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-08 at 02:31 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

While keeping an eye on Matthew and the drow just in case their verbal duel becomes more physical, Thyria talks to the other 'drow', "Wisp, like in will-o'-the-wisp? Most fitting your mutable appearance. Say then Wisp, EDIT:before you take off to to pursue your hobbies, do you care to accompany us to get a drink and ask the locals a few things. If I could employ your help to find Terenis, I'd be grateful. As you know some people judge others by the looks, it's not always possible for a tiefling to get an honest answer ...now I guess that's not a problem for you"

"Are you with us in the attempt to find those valuable orbs, to trade them for what we want most? Like our Augustus here, who wishes nothing else but returning home"

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (( OOC: got ninja's by pingcode20 while writing this post. Therefore edited a bit, adding additional text in italics.
    p.s. lucky natural 20 you ...

EDIT2: right, boomwolf must decide how much you get with your sense motive:
    1. she sobs a little too theatrically, can't be that bad for her
    2. however, her childhood story sounds too natural to be false
    3. it indeed bothers her to be called names, as much as the talk about evil tieflings
    4. 'ugly-tail' is accompanied by a deadly gleam in her eyes, not a good idea to name her so
    5. she is not hurt, she is getting angry
    6. she is angry because she might indeed be an evil tiefling who doesn't want everyone to know
    7. she is not showing her anger to Augustus deliberatly, distracting from 'evil tiefling talk'
    8. currently she actually seems to like Augustus and his attitude for whatever reason
    9. 'horny-girl' seems to be thrown into the mix, with a trace of amusement

Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-08 at 04:00 AM.

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh. This is the second time we've ninja'd each other, Krelon. But yeah, there's no reason for Wisp to raise the issue right now anyways - it'll probably crop up a little later with a dropped hint, or something of the like.

Another trivia point - Wisp is the eldest of all the party, counting Sling's age in 'elf years'.

Wisp appeared to drift into a different speech pattern, making little attempt to speak with the persona of Sling, but it was unclear whether she was actually drifting into her real personality or not. "Why not? The multiverse imploding doesn't sound too pleasant, nor does permanent enslavement."

10. - Top - End - #40

Nodding, Thyria quickens her pace.

"Let us start learning things"

((OOG: am I guessing right, that no-one objects visiting a tavern and all sort of agreed to be looking for Terenis? Ok, Thyria will lead on if there is any tavern so we can start asking questions. If there is no tavern, she'll simply try street vendors and the market. If all fails, she'll just go straight for the temple of the six.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT:[curious]how do you count elven years?[/curious]
    Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-08 at 07:19 AM. Reason: curiosity killed the cat

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOG: i am not quite sure actually, but you can use the tables that are in one of the books, forgot what one.))

i also assume you got no problems. (as i really want to get on with the game)
    you see a tavern down the street, its so big its actually quite hard to miss.
    as you sit down around a table a waiter comes to you asking "what can i get you?" with slight fear in his voice as he sees sling and thyria. "a drink will cost you a single gold each, and a meal will cost two."

12. - Top - End - #42

Spoiler
    Show
    Or is it Sling, Sling and Thyria?

Elf years? No idea, but I just subtracted maturity age and Wisp ends up older.

"Sling" sits patiently, and mirrors the real Sling's actions and mannerisms, ordering exactly what he orders only slightly out of phase.

13. - Top - End - #43

Sling:

Sling looks angrily at the waiter. "I would indeed like to purchase a drink. However, I would prefer it at regular prices instead of these exorbitant ones. Although I doubt a servant such as yourself has any say in the price. I would like the best elven wine you have. Preferably a drow recipe and not one handed down to you by those coddled surface whelps." Sling glares at the waiter once more before flipping him a gold coin. He stops the waiter right before he is about to leave. "Also, if there is anyone with any intelligence back there, it would suit you well to ask them about Terenis."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

And the piece of filth wonders why others despise his race. Matthew mutters. Turning to the waiter, he stops him before he leaves Bring me something exotic to drink son. He says, slipping him 5 gold pieces And see if anyone knows a Terenis, would you?

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #45

"A cool beer for my companion" touchning Augustus' arm briefly "and me. Say, do you have a lavatory or at least a latrine here? It was a long journey"

When the drinks arrive Thyria will toast the group and after a short while she will leave with her hood covering most of her face. In the private room she will take a few minutes to carefully adjust her hair and hide her horns using a piece of cloth to create a pirate-like headdress. With her hood drawn back, the cloak hiding her outfit she tries to appear human and less dangerous.

On the way back to the table she stops at the bar looking for a helpful bartender or another waiter and initiates small talk asking about Heran and things of interest, trying to find out more about the local king "What kind of man is Lord Famret, this is your ruler, correct?" at some point directing the talk towards the prophet "Yeah, the prophet at the temple of the six, he is quite famous, isn't he? What can you tell me about him, what's his name for example? How can you get a prophecy from him, does he sell divinations?" At last adding, "Thank you, here.." taking out a gold coin "Let me buy you a drink for your time. You know what? this place looks very propserous and with you being here a lot, maybe you happen to know a person who might help me on my journey, name is Terenis. Or maybe you know someone who can help me finding?"

She repeats the questioning at the table of some talkative local patron and finally, she returns to the group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    on the way to the bathroom (if there is any) she looks for and memorizes escape routes
    walking among the patrons Thyria listens to the talks
    she is trying to identify interesting persons in the tavern
    listen (1d20+4)[8](12) spot (1d20+4)[1](5) search (1d20+7)[5](12)

she hides her tiefling features and uses diplomacy to sweet-talk the
    bartender: disguise (minor details+5,another race-2,bluff synergy+2) (1d20+8)[14](22) and diplomacy (1d20+1)[16](17)
    local patron: EDIT2disguise (minor details+5,another race-2,bluff synergy+2) (1d20+8)[7](15) and diplomacy (1d20+1)[8](9)

EDIT: if the bartender was the average indifferent he should become friendly now. , I base my estimate on this skill description
    btw, if the bartender is cute and friendly, she'll make a pass at him (she is a bad girl after all) and ask his working hours

EDIT2: checked the skill, you get only one disguise check per disguise.
    Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-09 at 03:38 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

LOSE GOLD:

matthew: 5 gold
    thyria: 3 gold (you, agustus and the commoner)

the waiter is soon to come after taking you money, givs wisp and sling their gold back saying "nothing elven in here sir, would you like something else?", and handing thyria and augustus cold beer.
    matthew is given a color-shifting drink and the waiter says "usually reserved to royals, but you pay high." when matthew tastes it he wonderusly finds out it takes the flavor of all his favorite tastes...

thyria's info-hunt has come up with the following info: (rest are NOT to know it, you may look, but using the info is metagaming.)
    Spoiler
    Show

-lord farmet is seems to be very loved, yet a few praise him with a little sarcastic voice.

-terenis is NOT a human name, or elven, or any other common race for that matter.

-the prophet has not come out for a week, yet he usually come out twice a day.
    he usually his works for minimal fee, and provides rather clear answers. to get a prophecy you jest need to be waiting when he comes out, he answers a few people, before they even ask, and then leaves.

-a few guards on the back are talking between themselves on the growing amount of gnoll raids lately.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2007-09-09 at 06:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Before sitting down again Thyria pauses briefly marvelling at the sight of the drow twins. "Yeah, we are perfectly screamingly outstanding", she says eyeing them both, "you should know, just in case you are thinking of some drow business here in town".

Now that she is back from the restroom she is looking more like a regular human girl, her tiefling features are disguised. The purple scarf that she had knotted around her right tight-high-boot before now functions as a headscarf that gives her the look of a corsair.
    Spoiler
    Show

Back at the table, "No luck finding Terenis, but I heard the prophet is a really good one, top class diviner. Might be that he is already waiting to give us a prophecy, he is rumored to know the answers even before people ask them - and he doesn't charge a lot either."

"Let's drink up and move to see the prophet if you don't mind. This tavern is a bit too expensive at the moment, being on a short hunting practice I didn't take all valuables with me"

She waits to see if any of the group members want to do anything else in the tavern, if not then she drinks up and leaves. On the way out she pauses to say good-bye to the nice guy she was talking to previously. "Thank you for the nice talk, hope to see you soon."

((OOC
    unless something happens, she'll lead on to the temple of the six

in case the nice guy showed any interest before, she'll also ask him if he knows some nice places to spend the evening and if he suggests anything she will say, that she'll contact him later, asking where to find him
    ))

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew finishes his drink, and asks the waiter what it's called, then follows the tiefling out the door.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #49

Sling:

Sling disrespectfully declines a drink. "No. I would prefer to not partake of your inferior beverages at this time... thank you so much for offering." He watches his companions quietly as they drink. Almost every time he looks at Matthew, he fingers his kukri. As Thyria comes back and voices her plan to check out the prophet, Sling stands up. "Very well... Thyria... I was beginning to tire of this inferior establishment. I do hope the prophet does not overprice his services as much as this place." Having said that, he follows the tiefling out the door.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: i did say my multiverse economy is a bit different from the books right? 10 gold might get you a MSW blade in some places...these prices are not outstanding high. jest a bit. food is the main outcome for the avarage man...))

the waiter says the drink is called "Soul Seeker".

i assume you all follow your over-friendly demon chick....

opon arrival to the temple you see its actually pretty small and with little decorations, two guards are standing in front of a simple, yet quite big (3M wide and tall), wooden door, with six statues standing in two rows on a platform, a quick look reveals the right row is 3 males and the left is 3 females. probably statues of the gods.

sling only:
    Spoiler
    Show

you can see a small piece of metal is stuck from the other side of the door, as though as a sword is stuck in it. small and close to the edge its quite clear how people always missed it.

send me the char sheets to [email protected] so i can avoid problems with the site. they are buggy...
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2007-09-09 at 02:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

making a mental note to look for the drink if and when he ever gets back to Sigil, Matthew follows the others to the temple. Once there, he admires the door for roughly 1 second, and then walks up to a guard. I heard that there is a great prophet in this temple, and that he gives answers to the questions of others. Is this true?

OOC: you want us to send the Character sheet to that E-mail?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2007-09-09 at 02:28 PM.

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: yes, as the sites are buggy and often fall down when needed.))

the guard replies "Its true, but you may not enter, he would have come out to you." then added in a low, worryed voice "but...he hasn't come out in a long time."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Well then, dont you think someone should go in there and make sure he's alright? He could be dieing in there for all you know. Why dont you two guards go make sure he's ok?

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #54

Sling:

Sling glares at the guards as they deny him entrance. It seems like that's the only expression he knows: an angry, harsh glare. "Yes, we had heard that he hadn't come out in a while. That does indeed lead to a few conclusions. Some of them not so good. Perhaps he is ill? Have you not sent anyone to see what is wrong?" Sling moves gracefully past the guards and examines a random section of the door near its edge. He gently slides his hand over a small section of the door. "Yes. I have some little skill prophesying, and I believe something terrible may have happened to your prophet."

OOG: Bluff: - (1d20+4)[18]
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #55

Thyria looks very worried while saying, "You better listen to him. You do know that drow are sensitive to darkness, death and disease, right? You can practically call it a racial feature"

"Besides I heard the prophet didn't come out in a week. Doesn't he need fresh food and water at all?"
    Spoiler
    Show

OOG:
    hehe, over-friendly demon chick. Sofar we are only about 1 hour in game, why should she blow her cover this early? Opportunities will arrise, like for example Wisp has a hunch already.

anyway, bluff to aid Sling : (1d20+6)[8](14)
    EDIT:yup, that should be enough (aid another is always DC10 I think) to give him a +2 circumstance bonus on his actions

it looks like I can export my char sheet to XML only. If you want I could print it as PDF but it doesnt look very goood and the notes are not complete.
    Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-09 at 04:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

As the group heads to the temple, Wisp ducks into an alley and re-disguises herself as one of the guards she saw earlier, making a sort of composite face from the guards she had seen that hinted at being the guards but was just different enough that it was easy to dismiss it as a trick of the memory.

Following the group from a ways back, and walking with a hurried, yet proud pace, she reached the temple a moment after the group.

"I must see the prophet at once! This is a matter of the utmost importance!" 'he' announced, motioning for the guards to move aside.

Disguise - (1d20+23)[31]
    Bluff - (1d20+10)[17]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-09 at 10:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

when hearing sling and tyria they say "we put in a plate of food and a bucket of water every day" yet they seem a little worried.
    when the "guard" (wisp) shows up they tell him "you know the rules. no coming in."

28. - Top - End - #58

"Rules be damned, I have reason to believe that there may be an attempt on the Prophet's life in progress as we speak!" exclaimed the 'guard', appearing as exasperated as possible.

Bluff - (1d20+10)[28]
    [roll=Perform(Act)]1d20+10[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database

29. - Top - End - #59

((Stupid brackets. [roll0]))

30. - Top - End - #60

((ARGH! Perform - (1d20+10)[24]))