New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: a tale of five orbs

Thyria

"Guards, you stay here. I'll check the pit, it might be a tunnel entrance - no lights, whoever sees in dark can go with me, the rest follows in a secure distance" looking at Sling "Do you come?"

She adds silently, "We must separate from the city guard, something strange is going on"

Drawing her weapons Thyria enters the pit.
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

((oog: can we PLEASE see a little more living game here? krelon is the only one saves me that seems to be posting on a regular basis. and i cant do a game with that.))

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #93

((oog:
    Actually the guys post about once per day which is a good pace for PBM.

With no immediate deadlines at the university right now, I can afford to spend a lot more time on gaming than others do (pingcode wrote about exam week, chaos perfected was leaving for a few days, and soon I'll have less time as well).

Actually because I check this thread so often I do many of the obvious things like going into the tunnel before others have the chance to reply. The other guys may post less but they are higher quality (Wisp is a stroke of genius... never saw a bard before that was so cool; Augustus is the perfect tough yet soft hearted guy, who wants to believe in his companions; The tension between Sling and Matthew is grand and each of the chars is unique in its own way... I wished I had such a distinguishable and sound concept mayself)

[joking]btw, boomwolf must be a psychic... the site with my charsheet is down since hours... I think he hacked it somehow to prove his point [/joking]))

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

its the tenth time it went down this week actually...not a lot of psychic there...and i don't think i can hack it...
    i could make a hacker i know hack it...but it will take tooooooo much work...

anyway...i will wait until the rest to show up and post...(and i think EVERYONE can check in twice a day, morning and evening.)
    stuff are going to get pretty important now...

anyway...who got tests now!?!!? school is on for less then two weeks damn it! i got another week before my first test, and at least a week till the next one.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Sorry about the lower activity - exams are occurring, so posting is going to be more or less sporadic. It'll pick back up within a week or so, I'll post as often as I can though.

EDIT: My school does. The exams are earlier, though the major subjects are in November.))

"No, I'm going to come with you. If the prophet has been kidnapped, it's our duty to find him." allowing a slight waver into Sling's voice as the 'guard' followed Thyria into the tunnel, deciding not to draw any weapons, not knowing what weapons the actual guards were supposed to use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+10)[25] to transmit secret message: Hinting that this particular 'guard' is in fact Wisp.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-12 at 05:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

(I can't check in on the thread in the mornings, I get up at 5:30 and barely make it to school on time as it is. I get home at 5:45-6PM due to CC. On most weekends, my posting will pick up. However, any day I have a CC meet (most saturdays, a couple thursdays, and 1 monday) my posting will drop even more. Sorry for having a life, but I cant post like Krelon, I dont have the time. I have at least 1 test/quiz EVERY WEEK, usually more than 1.)

Matthew steps forward. I am going into this pit with you. My powers may be useful.

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #97

Sling:

Sling pauses a second before following the others. His eyes sweep the room one last time, looking for anything they might have missed. Seeing nothing of interest, he jumps down into the tunnel after the others. "It seems whomever we are opposing may have gotten here before us. A prophet is useful no matter who you are. Perhaps we should allow the tiefling to go forward as an advanced scout?"

OOC: The crashing is why I use theTangledweb. It doesn't seem to crash.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-09-12 at 08:56 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

8. - Top - End - #98

((How odd. For me this was the first time RPGweb has crashed on me. I've lost multiple characters to TangledWeb, though.))

9. - Top - End - #99

Getting Wisps message Thyria nods at the 'yellow' guard "Fine, but someone must wait here guarding the entrance, it's very important. You! Green guy, you look reliable. Please stay here, can I count on you?"

With a mischievous glint in her eyes she asks Sling "Getting cold feet when it comes to unknown dangers, honey? I was so hoping we could become a lovely couple boldly scouting hand in hand into darkness no humanoid has ever seen before."

She tries to give Sling a quick peck on the cheek before hurrying forward.

OOC:
    for the guard to convince to stay: bluff (1d20+6)[21] or maybe diplomacy (1d20+1)[6]
    tunnel: move silently (1d20+7)[18], hide (1d20+9)[15], spot (1d20+4)[16], search (traps) (1d20+7)[9]

((poor mf11, I'm really lucky I guess. My university is like about 15 bike minutes from where I live and my part-time job is 5 minutes away from the university.

I have been using rpgwebprofiler for a few months and this is the first time it crashed for me. In future I'll export a copy to Tangledweb for backup))

10. - Top - End - #100

Sling:

"I am not scared. You just seemed extremely eager to go first. I also assume that you're as skilled as I am, and there is little point in sending both of us. Gnolls really aren't that clever or observant. I will go with you if you want me to, however." Sling follows Thyria down the passage.

OOC: Move Silently: 21
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-09-13 at 05:59 AM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

after walking for a few minutes you see a light continue of the tunnel, with a slight look you see there is a man in red robes lying there, holding a ball of fire in his hand.

12. - Top - End - #102

Pressing her finger to the lips Thyria silently winks Sling back with the other hand.

((I assume the others followed in a safe distance with a lit torch or are standing in the entrance, guard outside))

Back with the group she whispers, "Be quite and listen! In the temple there were 4 beds, 1 with a chain. I strongly believe that was for 3 guards and the prophet who was their prisoner for years." She lets her words sink briefly and quickly continues "Over there there lies a red guard, probably still alive. He is one of the bad guys and he will not tell anything to strangers." she touches Wisp's arm "You are god sent, dear. If you assume the shape of a red guard and make him tell you all that happened so you can find the prophet and undo the disgrace that was brought upon the folllowers of Shorain - that's your god of fire - maybe he tells you everything. What happened, who fought, the opening in the ground, how the tunnel collapsed, the broken chain. You are the only one who can pull it off"
    Last edited by Krelon; 2007-09-13 at 10:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Wisp nods silently, and thinks back to the appearance of the red guards, and shifts guise into a red robed guard, with a wave of her mask.

"So these guards are the followers of Shorain... Do you know anything more of them?"
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-13 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Oops, forgot the roll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise - (1d20+23)[43]

15. - Top - End - #105

Sling:

"They're trigger happy."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

((Pingcode: LUCKY 20 man))

"besides the fact that they are kidnapping maniacs, no idea. Just roll with it." Matthew says with a smile.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOG: jest showing i'm here. soo... waiting for you to take action...))

18. - Top - End - #108

"He might be dead already, just give it a try"

19. - Top - End - #109

"Only waiting for the blessing of Shorain." replies Wisp, with a smile as she walks down towards the fallen guard. As she 'spots' him, she breaks into a run, and places her fingers on the neck of the fallen guard, checking if he is alive, while trying to figure out what the fireball is.

---
    If he is alive

"By Shorain! What happened?" exclaims Wisp, picking up the guard and shaking him, whether he is unconscious or not.

---
    If he is dead

"He's long gone. Let's move on.", she calls back to the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    No access to character sheet right now, guessing on Spellcraft
    Perform - (1d20+10)[17]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[21]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

no rushing. it leads to me needing to "backstep"

once the man spots you he starts screaming "NO GET AWAY FROM ME!" and points the ball of fire to your direction.

21. - Top - End - #111

((Spellcraft on fireball?))

'Wisp's eyes appear to widen a little, and she slowly starts to back away.

"Calm down, nobody wants to hurt you..." she says, and puts her hands forward, as if trying to defend herself. "I only want to be your friend."

Cast Charm Person, DC 15 Will Save to resist
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-09-14 at 04:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

the fireball is a fireball spell, for some reason not leaving his hand. (took you time to figure it out.)

the man takes a closer look and says "you are not one of the silencers...who are you?"

23. - Top - End - #113

((how far does the fire illumination reach? if it is like a torch or light spell that would be 20ft light+20 ft.shadow. Thyria is hiding concealed in the darkness outside the illuminated area, ready to charge in case the man tries to attack Wisp.))

24. - Top - End - #114

"Blown my cover, have I?" replied Wisp, "Yes, I'm not one of the 'silencers'. Call me Wisp. Now, might I ask, who are you?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

its about like a torch, maybe i should have cleared that up....

the man says "well...they are going to kill me anyway...i am zrull, high priest of shorain and one of the warders of terenis...we used a cover of a prophet to hide him, forcing him to answer people..." the man coughs up some blood and continues "but we failed, and now we know things that should be "forgotten", tarsiv is sure to have sent silencers after us, before we manage to tell lord farmet the truth..." then coughs up some more blood. the fireball disapeers and the man says "shorain's blood!" in a curse-like voice, while he lits another.

26. - Top - End - #116

Thyria takes a deep breath and sheats her weapons silently. With her arms stretched to the sides and hands open she slowly approaches the red robed man. Even before emerging from the darkness she begins to speak.

"Wisp is not alone, my name is Thyria. We have been secretly summoned from different worlds by elders who oppose Tarsiv. We couldn't win in an open fight against Tarsiv but his agents are not aware of us yet, therefore we have a chance of thwart his plans"

She stops 20ft. away from him, near enough to be illuminated by the light but clearly out of weapons range.

"Our only chance right now is to force Terenis to give us a prophecy that shows us the right path. We must be quick about it. If you care about the fate of the multiverse you must tell us what happened in the temple of the six, what Terenis is exactly, how he could escape and how we can force him to help us."

27. - Top - End - #117

"Hold still for a second." replies Wisp, placing her hand on the Shoraini's chest, allowing a bluish glow to flow from her palm to the high priest's broken body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+3)[8]
    Sense Motive - (1d20+6)[20]

"So, Zrull, what exactly happened, now that your life is out of danger?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"my life..." he murmurs "will end soon anyway, you only gave me a little more time..." he reveals a stab wound in his chest "poisoned"

after a small sigh he says "fighting tarsiv is doomed to fail. he controls the entire red and black high priests as puppets, attempts to take the blue, fools the yellow and the white is too drugged to notice a thing...the green are the only ones facing him, but they are heavily outnumbered, and untrusted by the government, irony..."
    and attempts to stand, fails and says:
    "as for terenis, i am not sure what he is, but he had a ring that makes him look human that was burned into his flesh, he is an enemy of tarsiv but old and incapable of a real fight."
    then he looks to the rest of the tunnel and says "and the temple? after the gnolls opened a hole in the night, they burst out, wounding us all until we were unable to move, and took terenis. i was lucky to be in this side when they sealed the tunnel, as i heard a planewalk noise from inside a little later, and then the cry for mercy from my comrades."
    and with these words he passes out.

29. - Top - End - #119

Sling:

"He's done. Let's go." Sling quickly passes the body and moves down the passage. His kukri is out and he is glancing warily around him.

OOC: Move silently +9 Listen & Spot both +5 if you want to roll.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

30. - Top - End - #120

"Is he?"

Thyria checks Zrulls lifesigns.