New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default DBZ Paper Attack: The Magic Rebegins: IC

After a spirited sparring match, our heroes find themselves standing around in an open field!
    ke palulu o ka pono, ka ihe o Ku
    I'm building a campaign setting! Latest update: Gnomes!

Hobhekili credit to linklele.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DBZ Paper Attack: The Magic Rebegins: IC

Taiko says to Razz, "That was great training! I won't miss the next training match!"

She asks, "Why do so many people have strange ki?" She points at Green and Grey. "I can not feel your ki at all. How do you do that? I do not doubt my ability to sense ki."

She sees a hotdog food cart and starts drooling. She uses her arm to wipe her mouth. "Razz, I want what that food cart is selling." She overly enunciates and says 'selling' as if that is a new world she learned recently.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Razz hops on the balls of her feet, feeling a good bit more powerful than earlier. "First lesson was free! After that you're gonna have o be paying me about..eh..what'd I say..uhh...5000 Zeni? yea, 5000 Zeni for each lesson!"

As Taiko s tarts drooling at the cart though, Razz pulls on her coller "Yeeaaaa im not really the most liquid at the moment. Pluss, a chili dog lasts forever in the hips."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Green smiles. "I had a lot of fun. I think I might be able to get us some chili dogs if people wanted."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Taiko jumps back in surprise. Her hair stands on end. Her mouth is agape. "5000 Zeni!? I can't afford 5000 Zeni!"

"Takusai always pays for my food after she trains me. You have to buy me food. I am poor; because, I don't have any Zeni! That means I can't afford food!"

She smiles real big and side steps near Green. "Green is buying us food!" She laughs. "Are you a teacher, Green?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2020-05-01 at 08:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Grey blinks in confusion as Taiko asks him about his "strange ki". "I don't know what you're talking about. You cannot sense my ki because I don't have any, like a regular person."

As the conversation turns to chili dogs, he speaks up again. "I'm more than willing to by lunch for everyone who.. oh wait. Apologies, I went broke recently all at once and have a hard time remembering it sometimes. Rather unfortunate, to be honest."
    Last edited by Arzanyos; 2020-05-01 at 09:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Razz shrugs, slipping her shades back on "Hey! Cant put a price out quality now can ya?" she says with a wide toothy smile.

Her brow archs from under shades as green speaks up "Well..If your willin to buy sure, I can have some dogs I guess. Seems wer eall broek though huh? Even mister Mech man"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Taiko at Grey. "What!? Every living thing in the universe has ki! Ki is a person's life force. Even grass and fish have a little ki. I have never met somebody so good at hiding their ki."

Taiko asks Grey too, "Where you a teacher?" She laughs. "So many teachers today."

She says to Razz, "I'll stop being poor!" She asks, "How do you stop being poor?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2020-05-01 at 10:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Green

Green shrugs and pulls out 20w. "If this is enough? It's been a while since I have spent any. I think to end being broke you get a job. Anybody know of any jobs to do nearby?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"That's so much money! You can almost afford a lesson from Razz! I don't know how much food cost; because, I am poor. Wait!? You get money from jobs here!?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2020-05-01 at 11:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

"...Allow me." Grey says, clearly flabbergasted by the level of financial ignorance on display here. He takes a few of the coins from Green and returns shortly with two chili dogs, handing one each to Green and Taiko.(Three and one to Razz if she wants)
    "You can get money from jobs here, yes, but that's not how I would do it. The way to the big bucks is to manage other people's money. That's what I do, or at least did, until somebody locked me out of all my accounts. Well, technically, the accounts belonged to the Red Ribbon Army, but they've been gone for hundreds of years, so I figured nobody would holler if I made use of them."

As an afterthought, he adds to Taiko. "Also, I don't have ki because I'm not technically alive."
    Last edited by Arzanyos; 2020-05-02 at 12:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Taiko takes the chili dog and takes a quarter out of the dog out in a bite. She cheers, "Chili dogs are the best!"

"That is so interesting! Money is weird. I can't manage people's money though; because, I don't know how to do that. That is boring anyway. I want to fight! Earth has many great fighters!"

Taiko jumps back in surprise. She asks in shock to Grey, "What do you mean you're not alive!? How can you not be alive!? You are moving around and talking!"

She asks Green, "Are you alive!?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Razz is a tad surprised by that revelation. Moving but not alive? Huh. She decides not to take a hotdog, but quirks her head "Oh....so what, you're like a zombie? Or..like one of those big robots that were around a loooong time ago. Red Ribbion sounds kinda familiar about that."

Razz smirks to Taiko "Well, you can! See there's plenty of things that make money while fighting. You could be a stuntman, a bounty hunter, a professional fighter, a bodyguard...world tournament tends to have a pretty big payout."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Green shrugs and takes a big bite of the chilli dog, making a substantial mess. "I'm alive enough. Yeah though, Red Ribbon Army... I've heard of them."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

She says to Razz, "Awesome! I want to do that!"

"Everyone knows the Red Cloth Army!"

She nods to Green. "See, I knew you were alive."

She tosses her chili dog into the air and opens her mouth like a pacman. She eats the rest in one bite.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2020-05-02 at 01:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Razz just kinda..looks bewildered at Taiko "Are...umm...I think you might choke if you keep doing that."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Taiko returns the look. "Keep doing what?" Her stomach growls. She looks back to the food cart. "Aw, man. I need more to eat than that after such a good battle."

18. - Top - End - #18

Grey bows as Razz figures it out. "I am one of those really old robots, yes. Say, that gets me thinking. The only people who would care about the Red Ribbon's money are people who want to bring them back. Those would have to be some pretty bad people. There'd probably be a big bounty on them..."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

She says to Grey, "You're a robot!? I've never met a robot. I guess I imagined they would look like they were made of stone and earth. You seem normal aside from the whole ki thing."

"Where can we find bounties?" A bounty poster would be useful.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Razz's eyes spark with interest when the mention of a bounty is heard. She darts forward towards Grey, smirking "So...you sayin I can bea tup some old folk to make some cash? yea sure..I can do that."

21. - Top - End - #21

Grey smiles nervously. "Excellent. As a matter of fact, I have the bounty posters right here. Er, in a second I will." They android brings out a small computer and fiddles with it. After a few minutes, five posters print out, for a Generals White, Blue, Red, and Yellow, as well as a Doctor Orange. Cursory examination of said posters reveals some common elements, such as identical black silhouettes instead of mugshots, and a listed bounty of "A lot of Zeni" on each one.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Dollar signs in Razz's eyes are obvious. She rubs her hands together ad bites her lip, picking up each of the posters "Oooooo yea yea yea. This is the stuff. Yea I think I can hunt some of these old dudes pretty easy. Got any info on em?"