New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Default Spark to the Flame - An MtG Game (IC)

There is a state between sleep and wakefulness, where the unconscious mind begins to wander and time has no meaning. Through interminable darkness, you sense the echoes of other minds. It is peaceful here in the void, but no peace can last forever. For the briefest of moments, you feel the flicker of another presence. A vastness… and a hunger.

Light.
    Sound.
    Pain.

You can't breathe. Though distorted, you can see the bodies of several others floating through the air around you. No... not air, some type of liquid. You catch each other's eyes as you begin to look beyond, a hint of panic creeping in. Outside your spherical prison, white robed figures draw elaborate symbols through the air, though their chanting seems labored and distressed. Another flash, and a resounding crash you can feel to your core. The robes jump back in response, their hands a little slower to resume the ritual. A web of cracks begins to trace its way around your bubble. Flash. The robed ones begin to panic. One breaks formation, the glow dying from his eyes as he makes for the back of the room, two more backing away to follow suit.

The runner barely makes it halfway to the far wall before exploding in a cloud of embers. Around him, golden lines reveal a live ward enclosing the ritual space. Other robes turn to look in horror. A few cast spells at the wards, but the paltry magic just sparks off the glowing barrier. At the center of the commotion, the last of the robed figures lowers his hands, abandoning the spell, and pulls back his hood. An older man, stout and balding, he turns slowly and looks up. High above the ward, a small balcony looks out over the space. A young woman with silvery blond hair looks down. Their eyes meet briefly, and then everything turns to white.

When your eyesight returns, the world outside the bubble is still. Marble white figures frozen in agony. Time inches forward. You hear a faint crack, then another, and another, until finally your glass prison gives way.
    ----

You stand in the center of a dark room, surrounded by the remnants of your shattered cage, huge jagged chunks of cracked glass. The fluid that surrounded you fizzles and disappears as it flows out and contacts the still active but faintly flickering ward.

You are wearing/carrying nothing but a simple pair of underwear. You have no weapons or tools but those you can find within the ward.

Begin.
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2018-05-30 at 09:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Spark to the Flame - An MtG Game (IC)

Liandra

Liandra looks warily around, the others here appear to be in a similar predicament, that does not necessarily mean they can be trusted. Keeping half an eye on the other figures from the cage she looks around for something suitable as a weapon, her stance defensive, ready to raise her arms against attack.

"I am Liandra of the Guard, if any of you can shed a light upon this situation I'd be much obliged."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darevod
    Transmuter, 8th Level

With a sputtering cough forcing the last of the water from his lungs, the small blue man rises shakily to his hands and knees. At Liandra's introduction he gets a nervous look on his face and backs into the three-quarter remains of his glass cell weaving a shimmering cloak of energy around his form that vanishes as the spell is completed. "The guard! Guard. Consulate. Enforce, enforce, enforce... you don't see." He touches his left eye and you notice a ragged scar around the socket. "What harm did I? I create! You can't take it away now... now it's IN me. It and me... from the trees. Such beauty in the trees..." his expression changes for a moment from defensive to concerned. "Horace? HORACE?!? Have you seen my bird? He was there a moment ago... though so was I..." the pleading look gives way to confusion as he seems to notice his surroundings for the first time. "Where is here?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Mage Armor on myself.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-05-30 at 11:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Arin

The conquering king must come with violence...

Three and a half days in there...we thought...

Never should've brought him here...

We won't get another chance like this...

You can do this, okay? Just stick close to me...

Sis...? What's--

Wake up!

The world spins; falling on all fours doesn't stop it. Fluid fills Arin's lungs, spasms forcing hacking coughs to clear it out. His head pounds, awareness slipping through the cracks between impressions like sand through spread fingers.

Where...what's...how did I...?

Coughing up the last of the stuff and sucking in air, he slowly lifts his gaze; the motion sends another spike of pain through his skull that makes him retch. Sparking flickers reveal the glass walls, frozen figures beyond--others, less frozen, inside.

A woman and a man are saying things, or at least it sounds like they are, but they're not words he knows...but somehow, he understands. This has to be a dream...come on, think...you went out with the raiders, and then...

It hits him like slamming into a wall. Shouts. Flashes of pulse-fire. Drudge. Bodies...

With a strangled cry, Arin recoils, falling onto his back as he scrambles to get away from the speakers. "Nonono I've got to get back I have--" He cuts off as he bumps head-first into something behind him. Reflexively, he turns his head to look up, and instantly regrets it. A creature, like a person but with a face like a rat's, covered in fur, tails, one, two, three...

A louder scream fills the remains of the chamber as Arin scrambles to his feet, nearly overbalancing again as he backpedals, but he still can't get away before painfully hitting the back of his head on the wall with a ringing thud. His eyes dart from face to face, wide with panic. "Whatthef***whatthef***whatthef***whatthef***whatt hef***..."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Dawn-Fang lands on their front, gasping for breath. Utterly bedraggled, they rise onto all fours and shake themself, becoming only mostly bedraggled and splattering those nearby. "Apologies," they pant, standing up.

They look around at the bizarre sights, trying to make sense of what just happened. The kami? No, it… went away, somehow. And then… Nothing. They remembered nothing. No, they remembered nothingness. Nobody else’s words made any sense, either. They'd never heard of a "Consulate" before.

Someone throws up. The sound cuts through Dawn-Fang’s whirling thoughts, and they immediately move towards Arin, their own concerns set aside for the moment. Arin scrambles back from the other two people, bumping into the kitsune’s leg.

Dawn-Fang reaches down a hand to help him up, and does their best to project a comforting serenity. They weren’t much good at The Voice that some clerics had, but they were good at looking the part. The rusty patches of dried blood on their muzzle and chest somewhat diminished the effect.

Arin screams and leaps away.

Dawn-Fang winces, realizing the hand they’d reached out with was stained with blood too. So that kami fight definitely happened, at least. They sigh, and utter a small prayer before slowly approaching Arin again. "It’s okay," they say automatically, slipping into triage mode. Wait, this seems very much not okay. Oh well. "I'm Dawn-Fang. I can help you." Golden light glimmers on the kitsune’s palm, faint enough that it could have been a trick of the light. They stop a few arms lengths from Arin and glance around at the other recovering figures. "Is anyone else hurt?"

Show
    Dawn-Fang casts Guidance on themself.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Radek

"Urgh...

Radek grunts, and gingerly starts standing up, wary of the shattered glass on the floor.

The last he was properly awake, and free, was at his mentor's house. Hawke had just confessed to... Radek sighs, closes his eyes and starts forcibly calming his mind.

Before the white light, there'd been figures in robes, in the middle of some sort of ritual, that had apparently gone wrong. "Good riddance", Radek mutters. After a few deep breaths, Radek manages to push his anger down. It was so easy, he was probably in shock or something. In any case, he should now focus on survival. He'd noticed some other people were imprisoned as well. They seemed to be conversing now.

"Wait, Gavony? What's that, some new Boros regiment?" Radek asks. "Name's Radek by the way. Of... no guild."

Radek cringes as the kid starts panicking. "Alright, let's just... Calm down and asses the situation. First of..." Radek eyes the room, but his eyes stop at the odd creature, who'd introduced themself as Dawn-Fang. "Umm... Don't mean to offend, but what the heck are you? Don't think I've seen anyone like you before."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darevod
    Transmuter, 8th Level

Radek's curiosity seems to pique Darevod's as well. His wrinkled form creeps to the edge of his broken sphere, his neck straining forward for a closer look as well. Hi speech is slow at first as though piecing together information, gradually building in both volume and speed as his excitement builds. "Fox man... More tails. No nails... No bolts no volts? Who made you? Was it the Aether?? Did you drink of the tree's teat too like Darevod?!?" his eyes widen with the last question as blue fingers pat his chest seeming to indicate his own name.

Darevod seems genuinely intrigued by Dawn-Fang but doesn't emerge yet, flashing wary glances at Liandra.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-05-30 at 02:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

As you glance around and begin to converse with the others, you get a better sense of the situation around you.

Though dim, you have enough light to see. A pair of sconces on the far wall beyond the ward remain lit, but the various candles and ritual flames within the ward are all out. The remaining light comes from the ward itself as it flickers dimly.

You were all being held in a singular glass sphere about 8ft high, filled with an unfamiliar liquid. Though nearly perfectly clear, it is slightly viscous and effervescent. The sphere was supported by a brass ring at the base, with sturdy feet to keep it stable, and anchored into the ritual circle. Aside from the five of you, two additional prisoners were being held with you in the same sphere, though both are unresponsive. One is thoroughly impaled on a massive shard of glass.

The floor around you is smooth stone, a stark contrast with the walls, which are rougher hewn.

The ward encloses a spherical volume around the ritual space, roughly 40 feet in diameter. It extends about halfway to the entrance on the far wall, but intersects a fair segment of the other 3 walls. The balcony and the high vaulted ceilings beyond extend a fair ways above the ward.

@Liandra: You look around grimly, a trained eye searching for tools and weapons in a dangerous situation. There are a number of ritual daggers scattered around the area, having tumbled from the grasps of desperate cultists in their frantic final moments. One acolyte had been in the process of slashing a larger sword at the ward (ineffectually) when he was frozen in place. Though the tip is cut off where the blade crossed the barrier, the edge is razor sharp. There are an assortment of tomes, scepters, platters, trays, cups and other items that could potentially serve as small bludgeons. One such platter sports a pile of what was once fruit, frozen to marble like the acolytes.

@Dawn-Fang & @Darevod: You whisper your spells, your voices as much a comfort in the unnatural stillness as the protection and security you feel as your magic rushes over you.

Show
    I'll try and answer requests for information in the IC thread whenever I can, as it is a good excuse to do environmental description, though please do take the opportunity to request information in character as well :)
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2018-05-30 at 02:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Dawn-Fang blinks, and tilts their head at Radek. "I'm a healer?" they say. "A cleric?"

Darevod's words make them realize Radek wasn't asking about their profession. Recognition and newfound confusion dawn on the kitsune's face. "Volts? Tree teats? What? I'm a kitsune," they say, equal parts incredulous and confused. Those two must be from some far-flung reaches of Kamigawa, to have never even heard of a kitsune before.

Dawn-Fang looks for Liandra, recalling she said she was with the guard. "Hey! Uh." They pause, trying and failing to recall her name, and press on anyway. "You're with the guard? New Eiganjo, maybe?" Surely if she worked in the castle she'd be familiar with kitsune.

Show
    Twiddling thumbs a lil' bit before Dawn-Fang notices/processes that there are bodies on the ground, in case Arin responds.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Liandra

Liandra cautiously moves towards the sword and picks it up, still wary of the nearby ward, she answers Dawn-Fang as she does so "I'm Liandra, I get the sense the guard means nothing to you - so think of me as a soldier" she nods to Dawn-Fang again "They are a healer, I assume the rest of you have some useful skills? We may need to use them if we're going to get out of here before we slowly starve to death, or end up like those.".

A little more confident with a blade in her hand, she takes a few test swings to get a feel for it.

11. - Top - End - #11

Arin

Listening to all the others talk only makes Arin's head pound harder, the pale man's urging hardly calming him down. The sensation is bizarre, hearing what sounds like gibberish but somehow having the meanings just appear in his mind, though incomplete, filled with concepts that don't make any sense...hells, just looking at them makes everything spin--that animal-person-thing reaching out toward him, fur matted with what looks like blood, and when the light flickers, he's pretty sure the short man is blue...

One thing Dawn-Fang says registers through the panic: cleric, or something close. A jolt of renewed fear makes Arin tense against the glass. What's a cleric doing here? He's heard stories about the creatures some of the Ascended have in their armies, things more dangerous than drudge...but this one doesn't seem like a threat...

The woman's found a sword, talking about leaving. "W-wait," Arin speaks up, voice shaking as he peels himself off the glass. "I, I don't understand, what's going on? Who are all of you? How did I..." Another spike of pain cuts him off; more memories. Mira on the ground, surrounded by blood, and then blinding light and noise and speed...and then here, just like that. Cold dread presses down on his chest. She's not...she can't...she's okay, she'll be fine if I can just get back...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"I am no great philosopher but we are not all from the same place, certainly I have never seen the likes of that one before," she indicates Darevod. "So this is either some delusion or we have been captured by something with the capacity to pull us from distant lands, I don't intend to wait here for more of them to arrive to see what happened, I'm not convinced we want to wait around for whatever killed them either."

She raises her voice a little "I do not intend to die here, I would appreciate the assistance, but with or without you I am leaving."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Guard means Consulate. No guild means renegade. Cleric kitsune means..." he mutters to himself, understanding escaping him. Liandra's declaration interrupts the thought. "Leaving, yes. Back home we should go. Horace must be so frightened."

His head darting around the room like a caged animal, Darevod gauges the distance to the upper balcony to see if it might be close enough for his short range teleportation. With a word, a piece of glass rises from the ground and travels next to him making its way toward the field of energy surrounding their space. He mentally pushes the glass into it observing the reaction and trying to understand the energy - and if he thinks he can bypass it with his spell.

Show
    Possible to Misty Step (30 feet) to the balcony? Maybe if I climb atop the glass sphere?
    Mage Handing the glass.

If needed, here's a (1d20)[10].
    If INT check, +5. If Arcana, +9

EDIT: Fastest post in the west! pew pew
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-05-31 at 07:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Liandra's words ring out, but in the stillness that follows, you can hear ever so faintly the far off peal of an angry bell ringing beyond the walls, though who or what they call to action you don't know.

Arin stumbles backwards as he speaks, flustered and scared. He accidentally knocks one of the statue-like bodies of the acolytes over, tipping it into the ward. Its top half is vaporized instantly, the ward above it flashing a brilliant tracery of gold sigils.

Intrigued, Darevod begins to puzzle over the problem, attempting a few simple spells. Though interestingly, neither seems to do anything. Though he succeeds in flickering out of existence briefly, the whole ward flashes in response, and he is knocked to the floor on reappearance. Taking another tack, Darevod attempts to lift a chunk of glass with his magic only to find the glass stubbornly refusing to respond and take to the air.

@Dawn-fang: As you approach the others and engage in conversation, your roving eyes find the bodies of the other two prisoners. One clearly dead, the other unresponsive. Your healing instincts kick in and you can't help but lean over to investigate further.

@Darevod (Int [Arcana]): You may be a specialist transmuter, but you do recall some interesting theory on force and energy constructs that may apply here. Energy is typically polar, and requires direction and flow to manifest physically. These principles fuel much of the magitechnology on your home world of Kaladesh, in the form of circuits to channel Aether energy. Though you cannot see a source, the ward is clearly representing a direction of flow, with each interaction causing a ripple of flickering travelling upwards from the point of contact.

@Liandra & @Dawn-fang: Though you are not necessarily paying attention directly to Arin or Darevod when it happens, you both can very distinctly sense it in your mind's eye whenever the ward flares . You cannot quite explain it, but its energy seems familiar.

Show

@Xiagu: Please give me a medicine check
    @Miinstrel & @Majin: I need investigation and/or arcana from you
    @Xiagu & @Spinningdice: insight please

EDITS: We posted simultaneously. I've cleaned things up here as much as I can. @Amaril, if you could edit your post to reflect what happened in mine that would be amazing. (Most relevantly that Darevod was unsuccessful in lifting the Glass with magic.) Thanks!
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2018-05-31 at 08:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Post Re: Spark to the Flame - An MtG Game (IC)

Arin

The pounding headache and disorientation make the strangely filtered gibberish hard to process, but the general idea reaches Arin's reason. "Escape...yeah, we have to escape," he agrees, wracking his brain to remember anything else that might explain how he got here. It hurts to try to focus, the image of Mira hitting the ground pushing into his thoughts...they must have captured me after the raid...she's right, I've got to get out of here...

His train of thought is abruptly derailed when he sees Darevod suddenly vanish and reappear, with a flash from whatever it is that's giving off the light.

Arin goggles at the blue man. "What was...how did you do that?" He can't see any device in the man's hand that could be responsible...what in the hells is going on here?
    Last edited by Amaril; 2018-05-31 at 08:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Liandra

Liandra watches as Derevod flickers and smiles grimly, "I must admit you're brave for trying, for all we know the ward could have scattered your essence across the room and the rest of us would be none the wiser as to whether you'd escaped or died trying."

She eyes where the ward is intersected by walls, "can any of you tell if the wards go through the walls? As ridiculous as it may sound it may be easier to go through the walls."

Show

Insight: (1d20+5)[16]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Radek

Radek frowns, looking at the panicking youth. "What're you talking about kid? That was just magic, don't tell me you've never seen any before. You're young, but nobody's that sheltered."

Radek shakes his head. The kid must be in a shock.

"I'll try to check what's on the other side", Radek responds to Liandra. He walks to the wall, attempting to see through with his third eye.

Show
    Set Psychic Focus to Third eye, gaining 60 feet of darkvision.

Spend 3 psi points to activate piercing sight, which allows Radek to see through walls that are up to 1 feet thick.

18. - Top - End - #18

Arin

Again, the word the pale man uses fails to make itself fully understood in Arin's head. However, where most of those gaps in the meaning have been completely blank, within this one, Arin feels a faint glimmer of something he recognizes. Magic... Older memories rise to the surface--things half-whispered by others in the resistance, old stories. A chill runs down Arin's spine. The power of the gods...

He falls silent as Radek turns his attention to the outside of the chamber, his eyes once again darting over the others' faces. All of them are clearly aware of what just happened, yet they hardly seem surprised or confused. But...they can't all be Ascended...there's no way... He tries to remember all the legends, wishing for the first time that he'd paid more attention to the elders growing up. Command over the elements. Mastery of life and death. Even space and time themselves bend to Their will... He swallows a fresh assault of nausea. But that's just stories...

The others all seem distracted examining something they keep mentioning--"ward", the meaning forms, though Arin still doesn't really get it. He tries to think of what to do, how to get out of this, but what option does he have? Just have to stay out of their way... He leans against the glass sphere, focusing as best he can on fighting back the headache and sickness. It's only then that he becomes aware of his undress; his face burns, and for a moment he reflexively tries to cover up, before realizing that the others are all in the same state, and don't seem to care. New priority: find clothes...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Liandra

Liandra approaches Arin while Radek examines the wall, and speaks quietly "Keep it together - however we're acting - this is a shock to all of us. Do you have any thoughts you'd like to discuss?", she keeps her newfound blade lowered and held loosely, trying to minimize the threat he'll see in it without relinquishing it.
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2018-05-31 at 10:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darevod
    Transmuter, 8th Level

Darevod pops up with a shiver, jittery from the unseen impact. "Only physical stimuli so far, but it's in the in between," he mutters to himself after the failed experiment. Darevod doesn't seem to notice Arin's question is directed at him, too focused on understanding what's going on around them.

Trying to manipulate the glass with a word he moves forward expecting it to follow but it remains still. He looks down confusedly. "Up!" he yells at the shard, shaking his hand as though demanding it spring to life. "UP UP UP!!" With a sigh of frustration and intrigue he bends and picks it up manually, holding it up in the dim light and inspecting the strange, magic resistant substance from every angle. "Interesting... aether proof."

His eyes dart toward the shimmering wall of force then back to the glass shard. He sets it down and picks up a larger fragment, one slightly unwieldy for his tiny frame. Holding it in front of him he gently pushes the glass forward into the ward, humming a jaunty little tune as he does so.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-05-31 at 10:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Dawn-Fang

Dawn-Fang's ears wilt as Liandra has no idea what they're talking about. They'd already assumed some of them were from far away, but everyone? Were they all from across the seas? And none of them seemed to be familiar with each other either. How many seas could there be?

For a few moments, the kitsune felt very alone. And not in the peaceful solitude kind of way, which they enjoyed from time to time, but the crushing loneliness of being an untold distance from home and surrounded by surprisingly alien humans. And an... akki? Could akki be blue?

Then the light flickers and Dawn-Fang realizes the bodies on the floor weren't marble, but flesh and blood. Arin immediately becomes lower priority. They stride to the impaled body and kneel down, examining to see if there was any life left in them. Healing was... if not simple, at least something they understood.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

@Dawn-fang: At first you aren't able to discern much about the bodies, your mind a bit scattered by the trauma around you. Breathing deeply though, you take a second to center yourself and realign your thoughts, before beginning diagnosis:

- The first body is obviously dead, though your initial observations on their blood-flow, and clammy skin suggest that perhaps their heart stopped even before being impaled by the glass.
    - The second body is breathing, though ever so slightly. With a dexterous front paw you find a faint pulse and pull up an eyelid to expose heavily dilated pupils, twitching with a strange energy. They are alive, but you can't tell much else about their state of health/unconsciousness.

@Dawn-fang & @Liandra (Wis [Insight]): You both recognize a certain resonance about the magic inherent to the ward. A lawful energy to it much like the mana you use to channel your most cherished spells of protection, control, and healing: this spell likely spawned from the branch of magic known as Heiromancy; the magic of laws and rules. In a further flash of insight, Dawn-fang detects a splash of that same magic in the glass shard impaling the body in front of them.

@Radek: You take a moment and concentrate, extending your sight beyond your eyes, focusing your mind's eye into the material world.

- Beyond one side wall, you can see another room in the same style as the one you're in, though it seems mostly abandoned. Here and there, scaffolds and tools suggest the site is old, but being restored or rediscovered.
    - Beyond the other side wall, you find a room that seems to serve as an impromptu storage or staging area. A few sets of archaeologists tools, tomes, and artifacts, as well as a few crates of scrolls and gear. On the far side of the room, you spy the corner of something only you would have been able to recognize as your favorite jacket tossed haphazardly over a chair. Where the ward extends into the room, some items have been destroyed, but the majority of the room is untouched.
    - Behind the back wall, you find the bodies. You've counted past 30 when you need to stop and hold back revulsion.

---

Darevod strolls about, muttering to himself as he ponders the problem. Holding a shard of the thick glass of their cage to the light, he can just barely see a pin-prick pattern of lights embedded in the glass that hint at its magical nature. With a new idea, he heaves a larger chunk into the air, and then, bracing it against his body, he slowly pushes it into the ward.

With a satisfying hum, the glass lights up as it touches the barrier, but it does not vanish. Like a hand parting a stream of water, the ward parts around the glass. Golden edges ripple as the energy field flows around the disruption, leaving a projected gap in the ward above it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darevod
    Transmuter, 8th Level

"ha.. ha HA... HA ha HA HAAAA!!" Darevod cackles with the small victory. He moves the shard back and forth watching the field dance and shift and fill itself in with each movement. "Can't keep old Darevod caged. Take my house, take my toys, but can't take my mind! no-no-no..."

While the shard he's holding is large, it's not quite of a size where he'd be comfortable crossing over itwithout bumping into the deadly field. "Now then, more glass! More more more! You there!" he calls out to Liandra who is seemingly the most muscled of their unlikely cadre. "BIG shards! The bigger the better. We place at the base and vanish without a trace!" He scampers back toward the sphere in search of more suitable fragments to utilize, setting the first one down where the ward touches the stone floor. His run, if you can call it that, bears an exaggerated vertical bobbing motion to it making it almost a hop.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-05-31 at 04:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Radek
    AC: 12, Psi Points: 41/44, Psychic Focus: Third Eye

"Oh hell! That's my stuff!" Radek shouts as he sees his duster. He turns paler, and turns away from the wall as he sees the bodies. "Oh... Gods..."

"Yeah, uh... The ward does extend beyond the walls. There's room with at least my things there, so I suggest we'll swing by it if..." Radek glances at Arin, and changes his wording. "...when we get out." What the hell were their captors doing here? Were those bodies victims of this ritual?

Radek walks away from the wall, and to Darevod. "You got a plan to get out? I'll lend a hand then."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Dawn-Fang

Dawn-Fang sighs. With a heavy heart, they close the eyes of the impaled corpse and softly intone a prayer for their soul.

When Darevod pushes glass into the ward, they instinctively glance up. They raise their eyebrows, nod, then return to their work. So the glass is similar enough to the ward that it doesn't burn. Or maybe just spelled strong enough to resist it. Interesting.

Dawn-Fang shuffles over to the other, still breathing body, which seems to be under the influence of some strange magic. Maybe the same spell that had been on them all earlier? They brings their hands together in prayer, then holds them to the unconscious body. They speak a word and channel healing light, trying to detect if their patient's condition improves.

"Make the hole big enough to carry someone through," the kitsune says, without looking up. "This one's still alive."

Show
    Recasting Guidance, and casting Healing Word: (1d4+5)[9]

26. - Top - End - #26

Arin

Arin grits his teeth at Liandra's intrusion, more gibberish making his head hurt worse. In spite of her helpful intent, he fights back a sudden rush of annoyance--where did that come from?

"I..." A hundred questions fight for primacy. He has no idea who this woman is--from what he's seen, she might well be a servant of the Ascended. But who else can he turn to here? "How come I can understand you?" he says without really thinking about it. "It sounds like you're just making noises, but I know what it all means...why is that?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Liandra

"I don't know, maybe it's the magic of this place, or something in that liquid we were in. Try not to dwell on it, looks like our blue friend has found us a way out - hopefully we can all get back to normal soon." Liandra reaches out her free hand to pat him on the shoulder, but reconsiders, he seems skittish enough that physical contact might sned him further over.

She looks at Darevod's work, "For all your babbling you really are a clever little thing aren't you. Lets make ourselves a door." Liandra lays her sword down and plays it safe, moving glass she can pick up comfortably, no sense in losing her grip and dropping it, careful to watch her hands near the wards,

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

@Dawn-fang: With a word, you channel healing light into the body. You sense it relax a fraction, and watch as flesh knits together where it had scrapes and bruises, but it does not regain consciousness.

Together, Darevod, Liandra and Radek put together a sturdy threshold of glass chunks, leaving a broad gap in the ward above it. Beyond, the rest of the chamber stretches out before you. At one end, a pair of sconces cast a flickering light on the sparse area. Around you, you can find various ritual paraphernalia, and a short table and stool that seems out of place among the ancient looking pillars of the chamber. A shuttered metal and glass oil lantern rests on it, holding down a sheaf of parchments as if to prevent them from blowing away, along with a few instrumentation and measurement tools, ink, and quill, and what looks like an elaborate astronomical chart.

A number of unknown bulky objects are covered with canvas tarps.

The doorway beyond leads to a dim hallway with passage either left and up or right and down.

Show

@Majin: Left will take you to to the empty room with more archaeological tools, while right will take you towards the gear you saw.
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2018-06-01 at 06:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Radek

"Great work, old man! Let's go grab our stuff! There was also some... I suppose archeological gear on that other room." Radek indicates to the left. "Also, uh, I think they store their bodies here, so brace yourselves for that."

Radek takes the right path, intending to grab his gear.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Darevod
    Transmuter, 8th Level

After everyone comes across, Darevod kicks all but one of the shards back into the cage, allowing the field to stretch up to its peak again. The last one he takes with him. "Yes - our things! You saw them? You saw my books? My rocks? Coming Jasper and Agatha! Coming!" Darevod follows after Radek toward the gear room singing a little song to himself, "Shiny red with golden streaks, bendy blue with rings and rings."
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2018-06-02 at 10:27 AM.