New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default SWSE Converting passenger quarters to cargo space

Are there any rules for converting passenger quarters to cargo space? Like the cost in credits and EP?
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: SWSE Converting passenger quarters to cargo space

Yes. Starships of the Galaxy Chapter 3 has rules on Ship Modifications along with the rules for a Ship's Emplacement Points, Cost of Modifications, Cost Factor for Size, and everything else.

Basically, the rules would say remove the Passenger Quarters at no cost, half installation time, and you can sell the parts at 1/4 their purchase cost if you wish. Then you gain 10 EP for your Cargo Space. You get [EP x Cost Factor] tons of Cargo Space (seemingly at no particular cost as I expect Cargo Space is just a bare room). So if it's a YT-1300 (for example) you'll get 10x5= 50 tons of extra Cargo Space (and lose the passenger space).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Some play RPG's like chess, some like charades.

Everyone has their own jam.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd actually found those rules, but since there wasn't any specific cost to getting cargo, I wanted to make sure. Also, I'm converting a Y164 Thalassian Slave Transport into a cargo ship.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Early in the chapter, read the part about how to get more emplacement points.

The book talks about how sacrificing cargo space is a common rebel engineer trick. That's where it says how many emplacement points you get for each ton of cargo you sac.

I take the Accessory table's omission of Cargo to mean that this formula works in reverse and you can convert EP into Tons of Cargo Space.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Some play RPG's like chess, some like charades.

Everyone has their own jam.