New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Ghatro's Rule [IC]

You are near Indos, at the moment, in your underwater... Not a lair. Good guys don't have lairs. Your base. Your headquarters.

Your situation is moderately dire, as has already been addressed.

What will you do?
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-06-14 at 09:22 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Ghatro's Rule [IC]

Mizael enters into the room with a serious expression on his face and a medium bag on his hand and then speaks to his comrades.

"Alright guys there're some problems knocking at our door, first of all a snotty noble is trying to locate us, I think that should be our top priority for now but we must also keep the farmers happy... not use in stay alive if we're gonna to starve, right?" Comments Sorcerer before grabbing some pieces of bread from inside the bag he's carrying and give it a bite and then put the bag in the table.

"You should take some of these, it's just common bread but it's good." Said Mizael before taking a chair and sat while gnawing at his piece of bread like if it's some kind of exquisite and exotic fruit.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally stands in her little makeshift work shop swearing in infernal "wzfeuv weuvyr euyty ao bflc wal ao xe kfqkyir dutc xe suqmz sadow kiddw!" kicking her folding work bench she sighs and packs up her part she was working on an arm of a mechanical nature

Walking over she snags one of the smaller breads "well i think we can kill two birds with one stone, help the farmers get a food supply. might be the way to go" and takes a ripping bite

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethend looks up from his meditation. His eyes flicker open and refocus as he takes in his companions around him. His dead-pan look doesn't reveal his confusion as the shooter speaks in a strange tongue. "An opportunity is present. This 'noble of snot' is preparing a feast of celebration. We should find out where the food will be coming from, and how it can be stolen. If we do not know where the food will be coming from, we should track it down." Approaching the others and taking one of the offered pieces of bed, he takes the entire chunk and places it in his mouth. It didn't struggle as he chewed on it, and he wasn't quite accustomed to what he had learned were called 'crumbs'. It wasn't particularly satisfying, but he knew that bringing this up to the others would be insulting. "What do we know about this snot?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro sat near to the fire, holding up a makeshift 'hand puppet' that was in reality, a simple mask. He would work his fingers, as if to make it's lips move. His pale eyes rolled over the shape of the mask as it flickered in the light of the burning flame. "I'm getting so hungry, I'm going to have to eat your armor, Dex!" His voice a pale imitation of some goofball. Dextro wasn't exactly a skilled ventriloquist. "Eat my armor? Hell, I'll eat your..." He ran his finger down the front of the mask with an amused look on his face. ...delicious, delicious face."

Snapped out of his own self-amusement by Tally's cries in infernal, he cracked a knowing smirk. "Son of a bugbear, indeed." He rose up from his seat on a rock, and pushed his mask into an overly stuffed backpack. Turning towards the party, his eyes lit up at the sight of the bread. He quietly crept over to the table, seizing a rather large piece, pulling the bread to his lips. Before taking a bite, he gave Mizael a nod of appreciation. He took a bite of his bread and glanced over at Kethend. With a mouthful of bread, he remarked casually, ""Why don't we just sneak into the feast? Have a few bites with the upper crust, make some friends?" Tapping his chin, he swallowed his mouthful, "...oh, right."

6. - Top - End - #6

Spoiler: The Noble
    Show
    The nobleman known as Whint Shadefall is a greedy but lazy pig of a man. He's an elf, but surprisingly fat for one, with none of the lean muscle associated with the race. He does, however, have a cadre of loyal guards called The Paragon-they always appear in full armor, with masks, so little is known about them. No one knows, for now, how he attained their loyalty.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

He has the Paragon on his side so a direct attack wouldn't work, instead we should track down some paragon members and supplant them to get close enough to our target and eliminate him... Yet infiltrating in that celebration sounds like fun, the best place to hide is usually at plain sight." Comments Mizael as he puts on his mask.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

talking with a mouth full of bread, one hand covering as to not be totally rude Tally says "well the festival is two weeks away maybe we head out stop at some farms on the way and then case out the festival"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro listened in on Mizael's words, but caught himself moreso staring at the mask he slipped over his face. "Methinks we should be focusing on not starving, at least for the time being. The slob nobleman can wait... it isn't like he's going anywhere, anyhow."

Dextro turned his back to the party and moved over to his disguise kit. "But I have plenty of outfits for a party..."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

tally swallows the bread grabs her gun and slings in on her back "ok lets get to it!" then walks for the cave entrance

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethend swallows the bread he had been given, and grabs his travel gear, including his shield and trident. There was much to be done, and there was little point in sitting around and getting hungrier. "Then let us find something to eat. At best, something belonging to Ghatro and his cronies. It has been too long since we have made them feel the sting of our cause."

12. - Top - End - #12

The entrance to the cave slides slowly underwater. You all know you can make the swim out-it's a bit annoying, but safe.

When you emerge onto the shore, you take a few moments to get water off, and change into the cache of dry clothes you keep there for yourselves.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally hefts her bag of holding "i know the under water cave is cool and well hidden but man is that a pain" then started down the road

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

As Kethend pulls his head through the hole in a dry shirt, he makes a chuffing noise that resembles laughter. He comments bluntly, "The swim brings refreshment, and it deters those who search for us." Of course, he was well suited to the passage through the underwater tunnel, and didn't quite understand why the others had an issue with the hideout. It served their purposes well enough. He smooths down the fabric of the shirt he had pulled onto his frame, and follows Tally, but keeping an eye on their surroundings. He didn't put it past their enemies to lay in wait for them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro followed after Kethend and Tally up and through the watery pit. He always hated going through the water, and it was more than a minor annoyance to have to do it every time they left the cave. "Did we ever consider going through this entrance naked?" He glanced over at Tally with an amused smirk, before shaking his head. He'd pull out a rather dull, almost urchin looking outfit from the cache, it seemed as though the majority of clothes in the cache were his. "Just seems like a waste to soak everything on our way out."

Tally began her march up the road. Dex watched with a tinge of amusement, glancing over at Kethend with an impish smile on his face. Cocking his thumb towards Tally, he asked, "You think she has any idea where she's going?" He'd reach up to tap his chin, "Come to think of it, neither do I. Wonder if the ol' Ghat-man has a patrol route going by? Maybe we can pick up some information..."

16. - Top - End - #16

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You know the area reasonably well. Not perfectly, but it'd be a hard thing to make you get lost here.

So, simply declare where you wish to go (farmland, nobles' quarters, market, whatever) and I'll time skip you there.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally heads down the road to the closets farm hiding her blush over Dextros idea of skinny dipping "hurry up or ill leave you behind!" she hollered over her back

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethend's crocodillian grin widens as Dextro, who Kethend had dubbed 'Whites', makes a minor joke at Tally's expense. He answers, "Even Shooter cannot get us lost here. The path is a common one, and if anyone knows when to expect patrols, it will be the farmers. We just need to find one with a grudge and offer him a way to help us." He pauses, and then says, "Well, let one of you do the offering." While Kethend was charismatic compared to others of his own kind, he usually let the others do the talking.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro's pale gaze slipped down towards Tally, but he stopped briefly to listen to Kethend's words. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, truthfully. Sometimes I think the girl couldn't find her own head if it wasn't screwed on just right." He figured Tally was far enough ahead to miss his comment. His sharp eyes scanned over the horizon as he walked near to the reptilian, finding a bit of kinship between them. "Flatlands and wheat. We gotta be near the farmers now." He would stop, turning towards Kethend, his eyes alight with an idea that translated into a coy smile. "Maybe we don't wait until we find one with a grudge. Maybe... we create a new grudge." He tapped his chin as he spotted the farmland, studying it once over. "A simple performance, a little illusion... I play the lead role, of course. A dastardly villain that the valiant heroes chase off... they'll have no choice but to repay such kind souls with whatever we need, no?" His lips curled up impishly as he didn't even await a response, readying his disguise kit.

20. - Top - End - #20

The first of the homes is just visible in the distance as you crest one of the small hills, some twenty minutes away at a good walk.

Show
    The issue is not so much that they don't WANT to help-the issue is they're scared. All the common folk hate Ghatro, but they're terrified of him and his men too.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally waits for the rest to catch up "well which house should be walk to?" she pointed at them in turn hefting sweet baby on its shoulder strap

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethend looks over Dextro's disguise kit with a hint of dubiety, but answer's Tally's question next. "Any home should suffice. There is no shortage of families tyrannized by Ghatro. It should not be difficult to find those already afraid. Someone willing to turn that fear into conviction, and help us however they can ... that will be the task." He continues at his normal pace, watching the houses in the distance start coming to view. He would keep an eye out for anyone outwardly poor first, and then anyone who didn't shrink back from the odd trio.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-06-27 at 01:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

As you walk, the house comes closer. You see a young girl, maybe eight or ten, playing with a wooden sword in the front yard. She sees you when you draw near, and runs into the house.

Her father, presumably, opens a window a crack, and looks out. You can hear, faintly, "It's okay, sweetie. They're not from Ghatro."

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro cracked a bit of a smile as he put his disguise kit away. Perhaps a con wouldn't be necessary this time, but still... it was always fun to play dress-up. Walking towards the house, he'd glance over at his companions, "Leave this one to me." He stopped for the briefest of moments, but it was just enough time to collect himself... not many were willing to help a team of wisecracking jokers. Adopting a more serious persona, his face became more rigid, more sullen. Approaching the door, he'd call out in a rather stoic tone, "Excuse me, sir? Could you spare a moment of your time? We..." He'd turn his head over to Kethend, studying him briefly, trying to formulate a plot. "....are in dire need of assistance." His voice moreso directed to the window, despite approaching the door.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally feeling that Dextro could do the talking, crouches down and beacons over the kid, if she comes tally will cup her hands together. Opening her hands she casts prestidigitation creating an small illusion of a little girl in shining armor with a sword. the illusion is dancing and swing her sword fighting goofy looking vegetable monsters

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Manaxl View Post
    Dextro cracked a bit of a smile as he put his disguise kit away. Perhaps a con wouldn't be necessary this time, but still... it was always fun to play dress-up. Walking towards the house, he'd glance over at his companions, "Leave this one to me." He stopped for the briefest of moments, but it was just enough time to collect himself... not many were willing to help a team of wisecracking jokers. Adopting a more serious persona, his face became more rigid, more sullen. Approaching the door, he'd call out in a rather stoic tone, "Excuse me, sir? Could you spare a moment of your time? We..." He'd turn his head over to Kethend, studying him briefly, trying to formulate a plot. "....are in dire need of assistance." His voice moreso directed to the window, despite approaching the door.
    The man cracks the door open, and says "I'm poor myself. I can offer some shelter in exchange for work, but not much more."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivi View Post
    Tally feeling that Dextro could do the talking, crouches down and beacons over the kid, if she comes tally will cup her hands together. Opening her hands she casts prestidigitation creating an small illusion of a little girl in shining armor with a sword. the illusion is dancing and swing her sword fighting goofy looking vegetable monsters
    The girl looks and marvels, but stays indoors with her father.

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Kethend hangs back to avoid looking intimidating. He keeps an eye on the surroundings, curious to see if anyone is watching them, and how busy rest of the road is.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Dextro gazed through the door, studying the man briefly. "Any assistance would be welcome, good sir. We aren't looking for commodities, or anything of that nature. We simply seek information. We're not with that... that monster, Ghatro." The last sentence said in a hushed tone, as he glanced around, his pale whites scanning the distance. He knew it unlikely anyone was watching, but he had to play up his nervousness. "We're allies of the Resistance.... we just want to know what you know of Ghatro's patrols. We know the Paragon operate in the area, and we have intentions of sabotaging Whint Shadefall's upcoming party."

He'd run his hands over his rough leather, looking a bit downtrodden. "Whatever you can spare. Be it a room, information, or even a bite to eat. We're trying to make the world a safer place for people like..." He'd motion to the girl. "...her."

"Do you have anything to contribute?"
    [Persuasion Roll: (1d20+7)[9]]

29. - Top - End - #29

Show
    So, that's a bad roll, even with your +7. However, I will let someone else Help you, by adding words to assist you, and let you then roll with advantage.

Once someone Helps, just roll another 1d20+7.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tally stands back up "in these times of strife we best all stick together"